Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ICALLITNEVERLEAVINGTHEHOUSE General Thread Part 8

Post by ihatesnobbyyters »

bigev64 wrote:
ihatesnobbyyters wrote:
tigresslily20 wrote:
ihatesnobbyyters wrote:The sweaty chin and upper lip in almost EVERY video makes me gag. Why does this happen to her so much?! Are they running their heater at like, 90°? Also, she mentioned that the xbox one was a hit, but isn't that thing kinda pricey? And yet they still don't have a bed frame?
I don't think it's sweat, it's spit because she talks too damn much. It grosses me out every time I try to watch her videos.

Also, she got an Xbox One, which is $400-ish since they got the one w/o the Kinect, and a new iPad, which is also very expensive. And still no bedframe, but apparently new bedding. Her priorities are clearly in check.

The other thing that turned me off was how she referred to herself as a "gamer" (I know we all have different definitions of what a gamer is, but Rachel is a poser, not a gamer) and then at the end of the video had a mini-rant about Peggle. Peggle is not that hard and if you can't solve the level w/o wasting your money and buying the power-ups that's on you.
Spit, on her upper lip? I don't know anyone that talks so much that they spit upwards lol.
1. They have had the bed frame on order for a long while now and it just came in today.
2. if the "sweaty upper lip" makes you gag so much, stop watching
3. wifi connection only ipads are not that expensive
Awww sticking up for someone in a trash thread. How sweet. Plus, I said xbox one, not an ipad. Lol

itsbabooshk
Learner
Learner

Post by itsbabooshk »

noracinq wrote:
when rachel first moved into her apartment and there was a lot of backlash over the size of it and she was quick to put out the disclaimer that she's living like a normal 20 something would in an expensive city. i think there is a lot of truth to that and i feel like she's really missing out on an opportunity to distinguish herself from other gurus who live comparatively luxuriously. if rachel positioned herself as a real no-bullshit 20 something who wanted to give advice to others in similar financial situations she would have a ready and willing audience. she could do way more affordable tutorials and recommendations and give suggestions on what products are really worth spending extra on.

there aren't too many gurus (that i know of) who come from a post-university/getting into the workplace/moving out of home on a budget pov and i think she's so crazy to miss that portion of the market

but no. instead she choses to buy high end makeup and skin care and live her life out of her bed instead of, i don't know, buying chairs and a table like any other normal adult would.

i agree with this so much. rachel, if you read this, this would be dope. do it.

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

It's only a metal frame? It doesn't make sense for it to take a long time for them to get a bed frame like that. Every furniture store sells those and they're kept in stock in the back. They're super cheap, too. They could've called a store and had it delivered within a week.

bigev64
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by bigev64 »

The sweaty chin and upper lip in almost EVERY video makes me gag. Why does this happen to her so much?! Are they running their heater at like, 90°? Also, she mentioned that the xbox one was a hit, but isn't that thing kinda pricey? And yet they still don't have a bed frame?[/quote]

I don't think it's sweat, it's spit because she talks too damn much. It grosses me out every time I try to watch her videos.

Also, she got an Xbox One, which is $400-ish since they got the one w/o the Kinect, and a new iPad, which is also very expensive. And still no bedframe, but apparently new bedding. Her priorities are clearly in check.

The other thing that turned me off was how she referred to herself as a "gamer" (I know we all have different definitions of what a gamer is, but Rachel is a poser, not a gamer) and then at the end of the video had a mini-rant about Peggle. Peggle is not that hard and if you can't solve the level w/o wasting your money and buying the power-ups that's on you.[/quote]
Spit, on her upper lip? I don't know anyone that talks so much that they spit upwards lol.[/quote]

1. They have had the bed frame on order for a long while now and it just came in today.
2. if the "sweaty upper lip" makes you gag so much, stop watching
3. wifi connection only ipads are not that expensive[/quote]
Awww sticking up for someone in a trash thread. How sweet. Plus, I said xbox one, not an ipad. Lol[/quote]

Direct Quote: "and a new iPad, which is also very expensive. :rofl:

ihatesnobbyyters
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ihatesnobbyyters »

Ooook what's your point? Why are you quoting me as saying that, when I didn't?

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

Why are we even bitching about this? iPads are expensive, so what's the point of arguing that? Go to the rave section if you don't want to hear it.

idontknowwhoiam
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by idontknowwhoiam »

Let's refrain from using the "go to the rave section" comeback.

Anyway, I can't believe I never noticed the sweat thing--that is disgusting. Also, she has lost weight. It's just that since she was so big, even with what she lost she still is big.

Wtf.ever
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Wtf.ever »

Let's refrain from using the "go to the rave section" comeback.
Why would we want to do that. If someone wants to come on here and say that if we don't like Rachel don't watch her they should follow their own logic and take it to the proper forum.

She might have lost a little weight but I'm not buying and noticeable weight loss until she stops filming with the camera so high we can see the part in her hair. And as far as the ipad goes, even a used one is a lot of money for people who needed what, 8 months to get the money for a bed frame together.

butterflyprincess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by butterflyprincess »

I wish she would stop making these "deep" Tumblr-esque videos. We get it, you're "soooo much more educated and aware than you were before!!!!" but bitch I subscribed to you for makeup videos.

The newest one is a "guide to self care". Pretty sure I've seen about 100 Tumblr text posts on the same thing. :roll:
**credit to meeeh for the gif!

like-a-dq-blizzard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by like-a-dq-blizzard »

Does Rachel even have a rave section?

I never noticed the sweat thing before either.

politicalpartygirl
Debater
Debater

Post by politicalpartygirl »

Miss Unhygienic making a "self care" video is hilarious.

Courtbear
Talker
Talker

Post by Courtbear »

I'm on a break from college and doing nothing but sit at home all day most days for 3 weeks has been awful. I can't imagine that being my entire life... :roll:

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

"There's something to be said for taking a shower."

Oh my. This video was tragic. If this wasn't a scream for help I don't know what is. She's clearly very unhappy with her life. Depression is a complicated subject but I hope she gets the help she needs from Chris, her family and a professional. She has all of the ingredients for a happy life. It starts with her. I'm an introverted person myself but I think the internet is what fuels her illness. She relies on the world wide web to feed her need for attention. It gives her a reason not to go into the actual world.

If she got a part-time job at Sephora, made a few friends and had a reason to get out of the house, I bet it would do her a world of good. She needs a reason to get out of that tiny little apartment a few days a week. She lives in a beautiful city and has an adorable boyfriend who seems to be crazy for her. She's so young. She should be enjoying life! I know you can't always choose to be happy but if she tried a little harder I bet it would come easy for her. She's got a decent sense of humor and enough education and talent to make it happen for her. Until she actually tries to make something of her life outside of the internet, I can't sympathize too much for her.

RunawayTrain
Informer
Informer

Post by RunawayTrain »

chance86 wrote:"There's something to be said for taking a shower."

Oh my. This video was tragic. If this wasn't a scream for help I don't know what is. She's clearly very unhappy with her life. Depression is a complicated subject but I hope she gets the help she needs from Chris, her family and a professional. She has all of the ingredients for a happy life. It starts with her. I'm an introverted person myself but I think the internet is what fuels her illness. She relies on the world wide web to feed her need for attention. It gives her a reason not to go into the actual world.

If she got a part-time job at Sephora, made a few friends and had a reason to get out of the house, I bet it would do her a world of good. She needs a reason to get out of that tiny little apartment a few days a week. She lives in a beautiful city and has an adorable boyfriend who seems to be crazy for her. She's so young. She should be enjoying life! I know you can't always choose to be happy but if she tried a little harder I bet it would come easy for her. She's got a decent sense of humor and enough education and talent to make it happen for her. Until she actually tries to make something of her life outside of the internet, I can't sympathize too much for her.
That's the thing about depression... You can't just decide one day to change yourself. It's difficult.
I could write a whole post, but I don't really think you can judge her if you haven't had depressions yourself. (I don't know if you have, obviously)

EstimatedTimeArrival
Debater
Debater

Post by EstimatedTimeArrival »

"Hey guys Hope you like my new backdrop"
(I know terrible screen shot but i did this from my phone forgive mee)
Rly? You hung up dollar store Christmas lights, fantastic backdrop. & why are you bringing up a bed frame? We can't tell if you had one or not. I could hardly skip through that vid lol. A DIY headboard video would be perfect rach.

madaronincheese
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by madaronincheese »

I just love that her camera angle is getting progressively higher.

Not all of us have thin faces. Own it girl!

Newnonkc
Learner
Learner

Post by Newnonkc »

She is literally just regurgitating text posts from tumblr and putting them in video form. My eyes can't roll back in my head far enough to express how I feel about it.

nickiminaj
Learner
Learner

Post by nickiminaj »

Hahahaahaha she really called string lights a backdrop. Is she serious? oommmggg

LiddlePallid
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by LiddlePallid »

But...that doesn't even look good? The lights are just stuck up there with no rhyme or reason lmao that looks ridiculous.

butterflyprincess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by butterflyprincess »

Who keeps telling her she's pretty? She looks like Dobby the house elf tbh.
**credit to meeeh for the gif!

Return to “ICALLITAMBROSIA / Rachel Whitehurst”