Makeup for Glasses!!!

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Makeup for Glasses!!!

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

I hated everything about this video. The shitty "Blurred Lines" cover, the fact that her lighting washed her the fuck out or made everything look yellow, and her lash extensions (and new colored contacts?) make her look like a brunette Elle.

Nope.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Makeup for Glasses!!!

Post by litnerd »

How is this makeup for glasses? Is it not just a regular makeup look?

lmaololjk
Learner
Learner

Post by lmaololjk »

I'll be honest, even though it was sponsored, I liked this vid. I wear red glasses that are square and small and you can't just wear makeup normally because you really can't tell. She didn't do much but I tried it out and it did at least something

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

The glare on the glasses was terrible.

Props to her though for putting more effort into a video.

She looks damn good in a pair of glasses, too.

Leahisloyal
Talker
Talker

Post by Leahisloyal »

I love the idea of the video ...I just couldn't see shit the lighting was WAYYY too bright. It was so frustrating.

NerdOut
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by NerdOut »

She looks really cute in glasses.
But Glasses.com is way better.

**FTC Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.

(...seriously though, if you're looking to try glasses online, glasses.com is amazing.)

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 1873 »

I liked this video, it was kind of pointless other than to show off her glasses. But I like Blair when she's not talking a mile a minute, so I liked it.

What I did not like was blurred lines cover or the white liner in the water line, I really wish she wouldn't do that.

And dang, she looks really good in glasses. Blair looks smart :O stop the presses!

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

its actually funyn how much she waited to film this video. i remmeber when she made that vlog-date? LA video with dereck?, and she was wearing there her glasses in the car with her little sister, and a lot of people wrote and asked her to make a make up for glasses video. and now finally some years later she made it. :roll:

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

This is actually kind of a nice video but it really does nothing for people who wear glasses daily and either can't see well enough to do complex eyeshadow or have to do their makeup under their glasses...she should've been aware of that. My sister has that problem and when I saw the video I was like oh I should send this to her and then...nope. It was just a regular makeup look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darkforce
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Darkforce »

She looks cute in glasses, but she only films these vids because these companies contact her. So bored of her videos. Why can't she come out with some better content? Or even film together with Elle? It's fun when they make videos together.

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

That video was pointless I honestly don't think any of those frames suited her or her lifestyle were they nice looking on her yes... But they had more that fake nerd glasses look to me then looking natural... And I wear glasses and tried those tips they basically did nothing for me lol besides the brows

PyroMakeup
Informer
Informer

Post by PyroMakeup »

She looks good with glasses, but I clicked out of the video after a minute.

Jessy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Jessy »

You know what I liked about this video? She was honest and showed she cared a little more about her subscribers. She didn't sound braggy or anything when she said, "I am going to give away a pair, bought using my own money." This was the most genuine ad she has ever done. And I have always wanted to wear glasses but I don't need them :/. lol

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

That glasses website sponsors guru's and pays them for videos. She gets away with this because payment is not coming from a company but the PR firm that handles it so they aren't paid directly by the company so they can say the video isn't sponsored. Blair would never do something that isn't sponsored a plug in a video or honest for that matter, it's always about money. She bought the glasses with her own money that they paid her.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

As someone who worked exceptionally hard to attend Ivy League universities over the course of my academic career, I feel irritated about Blair dancing around in a Harvard Business School fleece. I know that she Skype-"lectured" there once (obviously as a fun novelty), but she didn't go there. Or to college at all. Maybe leave college sweatshirts to the people who worked their asses off to actually go there (or their parents/siblings/someone involved in their lives)? Ugh, this girl can't resist milking status symbols at every turn, can she? Even academic ones. Pathetic.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

fauxfox wrote:As someone who worked exceptionally hard to attend Ivy League universities over the course of my academic career, I feel irritated about Blair dancing around in a Harvard Business School fleece. I know that she Skype-"lectured" there once (obviously as a fun novelty), but she didn't go there. Or to college at all. Maybe leave college sweatshirts to the people who worked their asses off to actually go there (or their parents/siblings/someone involved in their lives)? Ugh, this girl can't resist milking status symbols at every turn, can she? Even academic ones. Pathetic.
I agree, I hate that, I thought that instantly watching the video. I go to an Ivy now and I was just like bitch please...if only you understood the actual meaning of work or had the basic intelligence to legitimately go to a school like that...but you don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

She probably got the sweatshirt when she "lectured" there.

MyPrivateJet
Debater
Debater

Post by MyPrivateJet »

I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect ONLY people that went to college to wear college gear.

I'm glad Blair showed some personality in this video but the makeup part wasn't helpful at all.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

Glowbygrace did this exact video. Also how would she get that nice trey with the frames. Totally sponsored. It bugs the crap out of me too she wears the harvard sweatshirt.

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

MyPrivateJet wrote:I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect ONLY people that went to college to wear college gear.
I have stuff from a lot of universities I've just visited and lots of stuff from my own. Not to mention Harved gear is suuuuuch a common souvenir, iirc they even sold it in the airpot in Boston.

Yeah its a little weird and very Blair that she wore her "smart" school sweatshirt in her glasses video but whatever you're on a high horse if you think that only people that went to that university or university in general should wear college gear.

Return to “juicystar07”