JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 7

Libra
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 7

Post by Libra »

Besides Elle meeting Alex, everything else about moving to LA ended up being pretty pointless for them. I'm glad they're moving on with their lives. :tu:

I knew or suspected most of what she said, but it was refreshing to hear her be so honest. The disappointment of wanting to become a housewife/ SAHM, and it not happening by a certain age is something a lot of women deal with. It's just rarely discussed because of the judgement that comes with aspiring to be that.

I would like to see videos about her new path, I won't get my hopes up though. I'm curious about what she field she'll eventually choose to go into. Her parents were smart to make her save and invest. She's been able to live comfortably the last couple of years without working or posting much. And she still has enough left to cover 4 years of college and living expenses.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Good for her, I hope things work out. I’m close to her age and I’ve had a really rough year too and I’m trying to get my life back together so I appreciate her honesty.

fossilfinger
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fossilfinger »

I would love to watch Blair's videos about her college experience. I have a degree and a post-Baccalaureate certificate and I wish I could just go to school forever and ever. My huge bucket list post-retirement life goal is to finally get my Ph.D. But anyway, she is still very young and has so much ahead of her. I'm glad she didn't jump into marriage prematurely or anything rash like that. So much could change during her college years or shortly thereafter, and I'm happy to see that she's giving herself the opportunity to explore different options and not box herself into something she may regret.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I'm really happy for her! She actually seems excited and motivated for the first time in forever, and it was refreshing to hear her dish the truth on all the assumptions we've been having about her. The part about college deadline was funny to lol. Glad tht she can poke fun of herself. I hope she does document this journey.

Lollygagger
Learner
Learner

Post by Lollygagger »

I'm excited that she's going to college and I hope she finds it worthwhile.

I think she's done some therapy because I doubt she's introspective enough to have realized and articulated what she did in this video on her own. Like wanting and mourning the idea of getting married and starting a family with that guy moreso than the reality of that particular guy himself. I don't know, maybe I'm not giving her enough credit. Then again, she did think depression was having the occasional lie-in-bed-with-ice-cream day. :? Anyway sounds like therapy was good for her. (PS Blair, plz learn about "sunk cost fallacy", it describes why you didn't want to break up with your ex!)

maxmarabh
Informer
Informer

Post by maxmarabh »

What money issues is Blair having?

anonymous123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by anonymous123 »

I'm sooooooooo glad she's going to live more of her life than settle for a meh dude to be his stay at home trophy wife.

I hope she considers pediatric nursing <3

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

I'm surprised and impressed by her video. It's so hard to admit certain things, especially for thousand of people to see.
I hope she will find her path and be happy.
Sure it would be very nice to see her vlog sometimes, it would be much different than the usual beauty guru vlogs.
That guy obviously wasn't the one, but breaking up over the phone? Cold. It happened to me once when I was younger, it depressed me more the way it was done than losing the bf.

alliwantistruth
Informer
Informer

Post by alliwantistruth »

Do you think she's doing one of their adult degree programmes? http://www.belmont.edu/adult-degree/index.html

I can see her doing the Public Relations Management or General Business one as it builds on her career so far. Also, is Blair Christian? This university is a Christian university - I don't know how it works in the US but do you have to be practicing to attend?

Rose468
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Rose468 »

alliwantistruth wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 5:41 am
Do you think she's doing one of their adult degree programmes? http://www.belmont.edu/adult-degree/index.html

I can see her doing the Public Relations Management or General Business one as it builds on her career so far. Also, is Blair Christian? This university is a Christian university - I don't know how it works in the US but do you have to be practicing to attend?
Don't take me as the ultimate source of authority on this, but I know someone who goes to Belmont and I think the school is just more of a Christian-affiliated school than an actual Christian school. I don't think you actually have to practice Christianity to go there!

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

alliwantistruth wrote:Do you think she's doing one of their adult degree programmes? http://www.belmont.edu/adult-degree/index.html

Yes she is. In some of her old vlogs when she had the condo she showed herself going to a Bible study group for 20 somethings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

alliwantistruth wrote:

Blair is Christian. In the past she's mentioned going to a bible study and her family did raise her in some sort of Christian religion. She's never been overly religiously, though, and it doesn't sound like her family really raised them heavily in the church. But she is involved in Christianity to some degree. In the US you do not have to be practicing to attend an university that is affiliated with a religion. They'll accept anyone regardless of their religion and you'll find many students who are not affiliated with their school's religion.

Can someone explain what the adult degree program is? I don't quite understand it. Is it a program where the older adults are in classes that are completely separate from the young ones? What makes it different than being a normal undergrad? That might explain while Blair chose Belmont. A lot of people say no to college because of being older than the fresh high school grads. I hope Blair does vlog her experience. It could be really influential to adults who want to go to college but are scared to because of their age, and it would be really interesting watching her adjust to their new chapter and lifestyle. It sounds really exciting and like a great journey for her to embark on. I hope it works out and she doesn't drop out after a sem or two like a lot of youtubers do.

JSB0422
Talker
Talker

Post by JSB0422 »

I could see her being a cute elementary teacher or something, but I’m sure she would never because of the pay.

However, I have to say I use to never really like Blair at all before this, but I really enjoyed that video and her vulnerability as she reflected on herself. Sure, she probably has done some therapy to get a true understanding of herself, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

bkk10
Learner
Learner

Post by bkk10 »

hmmm...not trying to be negative here but just my two cents. Belmont university is going to cost her what atleast 30 grand a year to attend so she's going to throw down probably atleast 150,000 dollars for a bachelors degree...but i just can't see her doing a 'regular' job you would need a bachelors degree to do ... her standard of living is way too high (teacher, nurse, etc). She could do business or marketing but she really already has experience in that area so could probably get a job without a degree honestly. Just trying to think is she really going to get a return on this massive investment? Maybe she'll end up being a doctor, lawyer or pilot like her dad...in that case go for it!

Post by Guest »

You either move to LA or you move to Nashville. I haven’t watched the video can someone recap? What is she going to school for and did she pick Nashville for school and to be near Elle?

lindseyv06
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lindseyv06 »

Did she actually say what her plans was with YouTube?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

starviolet
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by starviolet »

bkk10 wrote:hmmm...not trying to be negative here but just my two cents. Belmont university is going to cost her what atleast 30 grand a year to attend so she's going to throw down probably atleast 150,000 dollars for a bachelors degree...but i just can't see her doing a 'regular' job you would need a bachelors degree to do ... her standard of living is way too high (teacher, nurse, etc). She could do business or marketing but she really already has experience in that area so could probably get a job without a degree honestly. Just trying to think is she really going to get a return on this massive investment? Maybe she'll end up being a doctor, lawyer or pilot like her dad...in that case go for it!
She’s set for life, a return on investment is the least of her worries. An education (and everything else it can bring) is exactly what she needs.

hahahaok
Learner
Learner

Post by hahahaok »

alliwantistruth wrote:

i go to a jesuit catholic university and trust me, i am far from being religious. We also have a huge muslim and hindu community so answer is you don't have to identify with christianity to go to a christian school. Christian/catholic/jesuit schools are usually private and have a stigma for giving better education (not necessarily)

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

bkk10 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:44 am
hmmm...not trying to be negative here but just my two cents. Belmont university is going to cost her what atleast 30 grand a year to attend so she's going to throw down probably atleast 150,000 dollars for a bachelors degree...but i just can't see her doing a 'regular' job you would need a bachelors degree to do ... her standard of living is way too high (teacher, nurse, etc). She could do business or marketing but she really already has experience in that area so could probably get a job without a degree honestly. Just trying to think is she really going to get a return on this massive investment? Maybe she'll end up being a doctor, lawyer or pilot like her dad...in that case go for it!
She said she’s going to figure out what she wants to do with her life, so I think it’s smart to try different things. Usually you don’t have to declare your major right away anyway.

bkk10
Learner
Learner

Post by bkk10 »

Gurugossiping wrote:
bkkdelete0 wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:44 am
A degree in and of itself is an investment. Even if she doesn't use it & ends up just getting married and being a stay at home mom, she'll have a degree to fall back on if she ever needs it. 30K a year is nothing to her
I get what you are saying but I'm just saying it depends what type of degree and there are much cheaper options for getting that education. Plus its not really always a return on investment if its cost THAT much for just a four year degree. Most people with bachelors degrees don't make six figure salaries. But if she has plenty of money to blow on a private education fine. I'm as big a proponent of education as anyone, I am a pharmacist. But i got my bachelors PLUS doctorate for less than she is paying for her bachelors.

Return to “juicystar07”