JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 7

raerae
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 7

Post by raerae »

123xyz wrote: I really wonder what this will do to Blair socially, though. She's not from Nashville and she won't know anyone inthe area besides Elle's family, and it will be very difficult to make friends when she isn't working. Of course she could befriend the college kids, but I imagine it would be weird for both parties. She seemed a bit depressed when she admitted about having a hard time finding a friend group in LA. I really wonder what her social plan is.
Pretty sure she mentioned her friend Annemarie lives there so she'll have at least one non-family member nearby.

theantiblair
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by theantiblair »

raerae wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm
123xyz wrote: I really wonder what this will do to Blair socially, though. She's not from Nashville and she won't know anyone inthe area besides Elle's family, and it will be very difficult to make friends when she isn't working. Of course she could befriend the college kids, but I imagine it would be weird for both parties. She seemed a bit depressed when she admitted about having a hard time finding a friend group in LA. I really wonder what her social plan is.
Pretty sure she mentioned her friend Annemarie lives there so she'll have at least one non-family member nearby.
Yeah, her newlywed best friend lives in Nashville. Maybe she’ll even be able to set Blair up with a mutual friend.

I also get the vibe that Blair doesn’t have any real friends in LA anyway.

crossroads2727
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by crossroads2727 »

Lovelocket wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:29 pm
She must be really horrible to be around, vapid or bad at dating because there are literally thousands of available and successful men in la. It took me literally two months to meet my husband within moving here. And I had dates multiple times a week. I never even used online dating it was 2012 apps didn't exist. But men were lining up. In the end the choice of who I wanted was up to me.
Congratulations

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

crossroads2727 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Lovelocket wrote:
She must be really horrible to be around, vapid or bad at dating because there are literally thousands of available and successful men in la. It took me literally two months to meet my husband within moving here. And I had dates multiple times a week. I never even used online dating it was 2012 apps didn't exist. But men were lining up. In the end the choice of who I wanted was up to me.
Congratulations
UM. Dating sites and even apps 100% existed in 2012. Heck, even Tinder. But sure, please, let's shame a woman for not being able to find/hold on to a man. I'm all for criticizing Blair for her flakiness and occasional ignorant comments, but come one. Who hasn't had bad luck in love? (except for you, naturally)

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

theantiblair wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:04 pm
raerae wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:36 pm
Yeah, her newlywed best friend lives in Nashville. Maybe she’ll even be able to set Blair up with a mutual friend.

I also get the vibe that Blair doesn’t have any real friends in LA anyway.
Her LA friends seemed to bully her and keep her around for connection, but Blair didn't leave them since she didnt want to be alone. It gave off a huge Blair Waldorf vs. Jenny Humphrey vibes to me. Esp that girl Remi.

glamgrl
Informer
Informer

Post by glamgrl »

If Anne-Marie is in Nashville then she will be able to make friends through her. Elle or Alex may have friends there too. And I don't think it will be that difficult for her to make friends in college either. She isn't THAT old, I had classes with people in their 30s and we were friends. No one cared. Now I'm in my 30s and I have friends in their late 50s and friends who are in college. Age isn't an issue unless you make it one.

Piink-mcnasty
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Piink-mcnasty »

She claimed her and James were together for YEARS! But werent they only together 1.5 yrs? She wasnt dating him during TAR?
So my guess is she was really pushing marriage and babies on him. He wasnt ready. For multiple reasons. He had a life in LA. They didnt even live together. He was still young. He had a career. They werent even together long. I think she probably scared him off to be honest.
Im glad shes going back to school, bit it doesnt seem like shes going for anything. Just for random classes. She doesnt seem to have an end goal for a career.
On the topic of her finances. It sounds like her parents did a good job of putting her money away. However her big savings are being pulled for this. Shes not going to have that anymore. Im not saying shes going to be poor, but she certainly will not have the lifestyle shes had. She will still make money from old videos, but she cant live off that for the rest of her life i dont think.
Blair has also always been the type to move a lot and change her life a lot. I seriously cant picture her staying in a 1 bdrm apt in school for 4 yrs!!! I hope she proves me wrong, but i really dont see it!

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Piink-mcnasty wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:49 am
She claimed her and James were together for YEARS! But werent they only together 1.5 yrs? She wasnt dating him during TAR?
So my guess is she was really pushing marriage and babies on him. He wasnt ready. For multiple reasons. He had a life in LA. They didnt even live together. He was still young. He had a career. They werent even together long. I think she probably scared him off to be honest.
Im glad shes going back to school, bit it doesnt seem like shes going for anything. Just for random classes. She doesnt seem to have an end goal for a career.
On the topic of her finances. It sounds like her parents did a good job of putting her money away. However her big savings are being pulled for this. Shes not going to have that anymore. Im not saying shes going to be poor, but she certainly will not have the lifestyle shes had. She will still make money from old videos, but she cant live off that for the rest of her life i dont think.
Blair has also always been the type to move a lot and change her life a lot. I seriously cant picture her staying in a 1 bdrm apt in school for 4 yrs!!! I hope she proves me wrong, but i really dont see it!
But she could still easily charge 50k for a sponsored post. If she does just one a year for the next four years she'll be fine.

QueenBW
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by QueenBW »

123xyz wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 am
Piink-mcnasty wrote:
But she could still easily charge 50k for a sponsored post. If she does just one a year for the next four years she'll be fine.
She also said she's planning to do videos about her college experience, etc. Who knows. If she doesn't flake, she could revive her channel.

chloecclaire
Learner
Learner

Post by chloecclaire »

QueenBW wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:25 am
123xyz wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:11 am
Piink-mcnasty wrote:
She also said she's planning to do videos about her college experience, etc. Who knows. If she doesn't flake, she could revive her channel.
I wonder if she's staying in student housing for her first year? A lot of universities have townhouse/non-dorm style apartments for older students or those with family. Her comment of "I wish I had two bedrooms but I only have the one" makes me think it is something through the school where you can't get a two bedroom for one person.

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

That's what I was trying to ask.
Cause she owned a damn house and rented an apartment and now suddenly she can't even have a 2 rooms apt.?
Aside her savings she also has the money from selling her properties in LA, so I also think her downsizing has something to do with university housing.

Raven_nevermore
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Raven_nevermore »

Lovelocket wrote:
She must be really horrible to be around, vapid or bad at dating because there are literally thousands of available and successful men in la. It took me literally two months to meet my husband within moving here. And I had dates multiple times a week. I never even used online dating it was 2012 apps didn't exist. But men were lining up. In the end the choice of who I wanted was up to me. There are a lot of generous and giving men here as well when you sift through the garbage a little bit. I mean I know she has an annoying voice but dam what is wrong with her if she can't meet one single dude who wants to commit after all these years in such a massive city. Can't imagine at her age going to college, there is no point. All of her peers there will have zero in common with her after her little fast life adventure and YouTube pseudo fame. The college experience is not all it's cracked up to be. She mystifies me. I do not comprehend. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Maybe it was like that way back then but it isn’t anything like that anymore. Dating apps have really changed men and everyone is on to the next one and trying to find whoever makes their feed look their best. Who can get me ahead to being in Hollywood? Dating in LA has sucked the last few years. And I’m saying this as a young girl who had dates lining up too. That doesn’t mean meeting someone genuine is easy at all. Blair is southern and a little different than LA girls. She wants a southern life with a family and the guys here don’t want that

chloecclaire
Learner
Learner

Post by chloecclaire »

QueenE wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:50 pm
Cause she owned a damn house and rented an apartment and now suddenly she can't even have a 2 rooms apt.?
Aside her savings she also has the money from selling her properties in LA, so I also think her downsizing has something to do with university housing.
She doesn't own anything in LA anymore... She sold her house in Elles neighborhood to elle and Alex last year and was renting her latest place for $4500/month. But yeah, based on that she could easily afford more than a 1 bedroom in a significantly cheaper city like nashville. It must be student housing, Belmont seems to have a ton of things directed at upper classmen including a building that was just completed last year.

Godisfromatlanta
Informer
Informer

Post by Godisfromatlanta »

Guys, Blair is a prime example of how money does not and CANNOT buy happiness. Blair will be rich forever. People who have millions in the bank can live off of the INTEREST ALONE. I’m sure that’s what their whole family is doing. It’s so naive that some people thought she was “running out of money” but it was really distasteful and insecure of her to get on YouTube and brag that she’s not.

I think Blair could pay for college 10 times over and not run out of money.

Y’all can see that none of this has made her happy. She is finally admitting what I’ve long suspected: she is a miserable person. I have gotten a depressing vibe from her videos for a long while.

Do y’all think the reference about dying young meant she was considering suicide?? I feel kinda bad for her and think she would have been happier going to college and joining a sorority like Elle did, at a young age.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

chloecclaire wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:30 pm
QueenE wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:50 pm
She doesn't own anything in LA anymore... She sold her house in Elles neighborhood to elle and Alex last year and was renting her latest place for $4500/month. But yeah, based on that she could easily afford more than a 1 bedroom in a significantly cheaper city like nashville. It must be student housing, Belmont seems to have a ton of things directed at upper classmen including a building that was just completed last year.
I don't think so. College dorms are always more expensive than living off campus. She'll save money renting her own apartment, instead of getting one on campus with a jacked up price and a meal plan. She may be able to afford more, but she it truly sounded like she just wanted to be smart financially, focus on school, and try to live a less wasteful life. Giving her record of upgrading her tiny places in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if she does end up getting a larger place in the future, but I assume she's trying a small place and testing the waters.

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

I doubt she’ll be living on campus. Universities that make student live on campus the first year usually have exemption if you’re over a certain age. They really don’t want an 18 year old rooming with a 25 year old.

Plus, I can’t see her being ok with dorm life. She couldn’t have her dogs. She’s for sure renting an apartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QueenE
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by QueenE »

Yes but on the post by chloecclaire i answered, she mentioned "townhouse/non-dorm style apartments for older students" and that would make sense for Blair.
I guess we will find out when she will move :)

Snookerddle
Informer
Informer

Post by Snookerddle »

QueenE wrote:Yes but on the post by chloecclaire i answered, she mentioned "townhouse/non-dorm style apartments for older students" and that would make sense for Blair.
I guess we will find out when she will move :)
Yep we shall see soon since Elle mentioned her video that Blair is moving next week.

secretsss
Learner
Learner

Post by secretsss »

I took it as she had always lived in bigger places so being in a smaller place would be difficult to downsize to. I live in a 2 bedroom and I think I would feel the same way even tho that’s dead privileged of me.

Also not sure if it’s because that is what is available or she’s actually telling herself that she needs to be smart and not pay for more than she actually needs.

She can definitely afford it though, I don’t think she would spend her last savings on just one thing.

itsmequeenbee3
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by itsmequeenbee3 »

123xyz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:51 am
thatsranunculus wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:53 am
123xyz wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:25 am
hahahaok wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:56 pm
i doubt Blair is going to college (a huge investment no matter how much money you have) to purely husband hunt. Seeing as shes older, and barely finished high school or whatever, Belmont U was probably an option as it hsa an 80% acceptance rate. Obviously shes not aiming high in the ivys, considering she doesn't have much to put in a college application (not including her literal youtube career)
Exactly, and it's going to be next to impossible to husband hunt since she is an undergrad and will be surrounded by 18-22 year old college kids. Unless she is suddenly into younger men (which I doubt since she's lived like a 40 year old since she was 17, and favors slightly older men) or tries to get with a prof there, husband hunting would be a useless effort. I actually thought she sounded serious about going to study and actually make a new career path and passion in life. Hopefully she finishes and finds a new life she is excited for.
There are graduate programs at Belmont, including a law school and an MBA program, so there will be guys around her age on campus. But yeah, she will be definitely mostly be around very young people. I imagine she'll be required to take some kind of first year writing class* and a selection gen ed stuff, which would be almost entirely 18-20 year olds, with a few nontraditional students like her in the mix. If she's trying to find a dude, she'll have to look beyond her classmates. (Now I'm imagining Blair prowling law school mixers—I sure hope that's not her plan.)

*As an aside, I taught freshman writing while I was in grad school. I know those classes don't have the best reputation (they can be boring af, for both teacher and students), but they do teach essential skills for college and professional life—research, composition, structure, rhetoric, etc.—assuming the curriculum is solid. Blair is decent at laying out her thoughts in a cohesive way (even if she isn't always eloquent), and she has developed a good sense of narrative from making vlogs and telling stories on camera. I think there's a decent chance she'll do well in college if she can hone those skills and learn to apply them to coursework.
Tis true, but it would still be next to impossible to hunt them out, unless she's going to bluntly go up to what she assumes is a grad or law student and talks to them out of the blue. I know every college is different, but at my uni grad students were rarely seen during the school day. Usually you could only find them at study rooms at night, but even then it was scarce. Again, every school is different, but they were very much separated. Maybe Belmont will be different, or she'll be in that adult program.

I really wonder what this will do to Blair socially, though. She's not from Nashville and she won't know anyone inthe area besides Elle's family, and it will be very difficult to make friends when she isn't working. Of course she could befriend the college kids, but I imagine it would be weird for both parties. She seemed a bit depressed when she admitted about having a hard time finding a friend group in LA. I really wonder what her social plan is.

I actually think Blair won't have ANY trouble making friends at college. I think with her youtube fame girls (and maybe even guys) would be itching to be friends with her. And she could always join a sorority like Elle. The only problem might be is that they would be in the 18-22 age range but I don't think for a fact she will be friendless. I think she actually would have to be selective with making friends and not just giving her number out to anyone. I'm actually really happy for her going to college, I think her best bet is to aim to be a newscaster or a teacher since she is already comfortable in front of a camera and keeps herself in shape and is pretty, and she likes kids. But to find a husband? I know several people in grad school and their classes are at night, and they work during the day, and they tell me most are older and married with kids or are taken. But I guess you never know. Unless she meets a single professor who would risk his career and date a student, her best bet is to get her dad to set her up with a single doctor, or for her best friend Anne-Marie who's a lawyer to find her a lawyer. Or maybe even get back in touch with a guy she knew from high school. I wish her the best though. I really loved the honesty in her video. I wish one of them would tell us what happened to Skylark and what was happening behind the scenes with youtube I've wondered this for years.

Return to “juicystar07”