Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 4

Post by whocares »

byebyebye1 wrote:
whocares wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:You're all trying to tell me that if you were/are 22 years old and you came home with a 31 year old then your parents and friends would totally be okay with it?
lol.

Yep.

My boyfriend is in his 30's.

You'll understand when you're older.
okay grandma

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

byebyebye1 wrote:
Evolve wrote:Yup, no one else has ever had a successful and happy relationship with someone with a 10 year age difference. We should probably go in the record books.
does your poor SO know that you're this rude and horrible to people you've never even met?
I must have missed the part where you said you know Blair, because otherwise this is a case of pot calling the kettle black.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

byebyebye1 wrote:
Evolve wrote:Yup, no one else has ever had a successful and happy relationship with someone with a 10 year age difference. We should probably go in the record books.
does your poor SO know that you're this rude and horrible to people you've never even met?
Excuse me? It's pretty rude to make a blanket statement that people with age differences dating is gross. My sarcasm at the idea that I'm not alone in having had a good relationship with an age difference is hardly "horrible" but I would venture to say some of your posts here about people you don't know (Elle and Blair) certainly have been.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

I'm done with you and your ignorant yet uppity attitude, Evolve. I literally couldn't care less what more you have to say. Have a nice life.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

Please stay on-topic and respect other users :tu:

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

whoops I meant that last message to whocares* not evolve (sorry!)

clairebear
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by clairebear »

There are plenty of guys who are 33 and definitely not ready to settle down. This is especially true in L.A. I think people who think he's "old" are probably in their early 20's. It's amazing how you get to your late 20's early 30's and that no longer seems old and you feel stupid for thinking 30 was old. Most people I know have a good 5 year or more year difference in age. Any more it really doesn't matter, what people want in life doesn't have a number or age on it any more. I also think Blair wants someone who's stable and established and can take care of her. Not some early 20's college guy with no money, not her style.

Tro_wee
Learner
Learner

Post by Tro_wee »

My previous ex and I had 6-7 years age gap when I started dating him at 22. Never was an issue, I had strict Asian parents as well. It really depends on the two parties involved in the relationship. The age thing (once you're passed at least the drinking age) really just becomes a number. I'm now 28 engaged to a 23 year old. Most people think I look 18.

No one knows how Blair treats this guy, but kudos to her for keeping it that way. I'm glad she's not putting her private affairs on blast like her sister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Just so you guys know talking about your personal experience of dating with an age gap got me warned for being off topic so you might want to avoid it.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

Sooooooooooooo.....back to Blair.

I've recently watched one of her videos for the first time in about 5 years.

Yep, she still annoys me.

She looks much older than 22. :?
What happened?

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

whocares wrote:Sooooooooooooo.....back to Blair.

I've recently watched one of her videos for the first time in about 5 years.

Yep, she still annoys me.

She looks much older than 22. :?
What happened?
Cakey makeup + clothing for women much older than her + bags for women much older than her + jewelry for women much older than her= older looking girl.

In my opinion, Blair styles herself in an odd way. Like most people have said, most girls her age are about to graduate from college or are done with college. Blair doesn't dress like the average college girl or wear makeup the same way as an average college girl. I mean, she wears a bold smokey eye daily, and I'm sure most students don't. She wears clothing that no broke student could afford, and carries bag and wears jewelry that women who have been working for much longer can afford. I wonder how Blair would look if she dressed like the typical 22 two year. It would probably look so different.

On another note, I think Blair also makes herself age faster. In her makeup videos and skincare videos she is extremely rough with her skin. She tugs on her eyelid to put on her eyeliner, she really tugs on her eyes when removing her eye makeup, she tugs on her face when removing her face makeup, she also tugs when putting on her foundation and concealer.
All of this roughness on her skin can't be good plus she also wrinkles her face a lot. I have a feeling Blair won't age well if she isn't more gentle with her skin.

signedconfessions
Talker
Talker

Post by signedconfessions »

So I used to watch Blair A LOT when I was 15/16ish. (Holy wrote that was a long time ago)! I think her and Michelle Phan were the first make up gurus I watched. I thought Blair was like 2-3yrs older than me. It's bit until I read this thread today I learned she is actually a year younger than me. That's so weird as I kinda looked up to get when I was a teenager.ew.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

I just did the math and it turns out I used to watch her 7-6 years ago. :?
I was just learning how to put on makeup and I thought she was so good at it. :?
I was also jealous that she was homeschooled (Was she homeschooled or am I thinking of someone else?)

Edit: oh and does glitzy glam still exist? That online store where they sold all of those tacky accessories?

raerae
Debater
Debater

Post by raerae »

whocares wrote:I was also jealous that she was homeschooled (Was she homeschooled or am I thinking of someone else?)
Yes she switched to homeschooling in high school.
whocares wrote:Edit: oh and does glitzy glam still exist? That online store where they sold all of those tacky accessories?
Yep.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I'm surprised glitzy glam hasn't closed. They rarely ever advertise the site, and the site layout sort of gives away that there isn't much going on with them. Where do they get the money to keep it open? I don't think they would keep it open if they aren't breaking even.

shaycovell
Informer
Informer

Post by shaycovell »

I think there's an actual freestanding store in Kingsport. I'm sure it's making enough money to stay open.

xobiancax3xo
Informer
Informer

Post by xobiancax3xo »

There is absolutely nothing wrong (if anything it's WAY better) about deciding to go to college and get a career before settling down with a guy your age or a little older/younger. Why are you guys trying to make it sound like going to college is a bad thing and that everyone should be successful and established with their own condo and car by the time they're 22??

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

xobiancax3xo wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong (if anything it's WAY better) about deciding to go to college and get a career before settling down with a guy your age or a little older/younger. Why are you guys trying to make it sound like going to college is a bad thing and that everyone should be successful and established with their own condo and car by the time they're 22??
Hahah this^^ I am so confused as well. I wouldn't necessarily say Blair's life decisions warrant classifying her as more "mature" than myself who went to college to become an engineer. I am now financially independent and then some (yes, not to the extent of being able to drop $30k on interior design at 22), but that doesn't mean I'm all ready to settle down and be with a guy that's 33... I don't think her being financially well off is synonymous with "maturity", if anything she's looking to be with an older, established man because she has no finances to fall back on besides her parents after her youtube "career" dies.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

I didn't read any of that as saying it's wrong to go to college and get a career before settling down - I think most of us would agree that that's the standard path these days, and for some of us the dream. It's just Blair didn't pick that path. I think she made the wrong choice in not going to college, but hell - her priorities are pretty foreign to me. I don't know if I ever want to get married or have kids and she's had that dream forever. She wants to be married and have kids right away, which is pretty daunting to most 22 year old men. I'm not saying they don't exist, but her getting with a guy in his early 30s seems almost ideal for what she wants. She probably wants a guy who is self sufficient (has a job, or even better a career) and ready for the same things she is (marriage and babies).

I don't equate everything she does with maturity, so I won't use that word, but I do think her personality, lifestyle and life goals are more suited to someone like him who's already figured out his path than most 22 year olds.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

MissCheetahPrint wrote:
xobiancax3xo wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong (if anything it's WAY better) about deciding to go to college and get a career before settling down with a guy your age or a little older/younger. Why are you guys trying to make it sound like going to college is a bad thing and that everyone should be successful and established with their own condo and car by the time they're 22??
Hahah this^^ I am so confused as well. I wouldn't necessarily say Blair's life decisions warrant classifying her as more "mature" than myself who went to college to become an engineer. I am now financially independent and then some (yes, not to the extent of being able to drop $30k on interior design at 22), but that doesn't mean I'm all ready to settle down and be with a guy that's 33... I don't think her being financially well off is synonymous with "maturity", if anything she's looking to be with an older, established man because she has no finances to fall back on besides her parents after her youtube "career" dies.
I don't really think people are saying Blair is mature, because she doesn't portray herself that way. I think it's more of the fact that she doesn't live the life of a 22 year old women. Her's is more similar to one in their early thirties, just like the man she is with. Plus we know Blair has been ready to settle down and have a family for a while now. Once she was done with high school and loaded with cash she seemed ready to be a full blown adult and skip the young adult life.

Return to “juicystar07”