JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 4

onceuponadecember
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 4

Post by onceuponadecember »

aside from her bedroom it looks nice but SO much money was spent on ridiculous items especially with her track record of how often she changes everything. Every time she mentioned anything being from restoration hardware I was like well that item is easily over a grand, like the map she had above her bar table was $1,300-$1,800, and that trunk coffee table was like $2,000. You can find a nicer actual vintage trunk at vintage stores for like $100 and vintage maps can be bought on ebay for cheap, lbr though Blair probably wouldn't want to own secondhand items so she spends thousands of dollars on pieces meant to look old but haven't actually been in someone else's icky house

it was funny how she kept justifying the cost of everything with her interior decorator said she had to have it, I'm sure they get paid more the more you spend on everything so of course they're going to encourage you to buy the most expensive items

also that wallpaper in her room is almost worse than her former golden vagina wallpaper

onceuponadecember
Informer
Informer

Post by onceuponadecember »

also I do not doubt for a second that this has made Elle get the itch to change up her condo, they seem to get jealous of each other and try to top and outdo each other and Blair's condo is definitely more "decorated" than Elle's now so now Elle has to try to "beat" Blair's condo

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

I really disliked her decor. It would have been much much better (and cheaper but I guess that's not a factor for her) if she kept it to a few focal pieces.

Also the mismatching wallpaper everywhere (only common theme being the dried period blood color) gives me a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chloecclaire
Learner
Learner

Post by chloecclaire »

james wrote:I totaled up every brand name piece of decor she mentioned and it totaled $30,054. I can post the breakdown if you guys are interested (or individual items). I actually had a lot of fun researching everything hahah.
Ha! I thought about doing this, post the breakdown, please :)

Isn't the condo actually around 1600 square feet? That might be small for a house but that's a decent sized condo, I live in Vancouver and most new builds are 500-800 square feet. The problem is that she buys huge pieces of furniture and has 1001 items/wallpapers competing for attention.

Am I the only one that hates the faux-fireplace? If you're not going to put in an insert, don't put it in at all. It looks so weird and pointless.

Post by Guest »

onceuponadecember wrote:also I do not doubt for a second that this has made Elle get the itch to change up her condo, they seem to get jealous of each other and try to top and outdo each other and Blair's condo is definitely more "decorated" than Elle's now so now Elle has to try to "beat" Blair's condo
I'm pretty sure Elle was already redoing her condo, maybe even before Blair ever started. But with her back injury I imagine things got put on hold.

Post by Guest »

I wonder how many salads from Wendy's Blair ate in order to afford her condo renovation.

Lorena
Informer
Informer

Post by Lorena »

CrystalC wrote:I wonder how many salads from Wendy's Blair ate in order to afford her condo renovation.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

seriously now, I wouldn't say it's ugly but it feels SO. FREAKING. CLUTTERED. it looks much smaller than before because of all the useles furniture! what's the point in having that fake fireplace? and that massive dinner table? I'm sure she can't cook!!!

james
Learner
Learner

Post by james »

Ok, here it is. Again $30,054. I understand that home decor can be expensive, but dropping all that cash (plus crown molding, plus wallpaper, plus interior decorator costs - and knowing she'll change it all in a few months) seems a little ridiculous. Also, anything that doesn't have an exact item name is something I couldn't find exactly, so I just listed the price for the most comparable item. Most things are exact though. And I did have to guess on rug sizes and stuff, but I tried to base it off the length of her furniture.
West Elm Deer Head $99
Layla Grace Gabby Furniture Evelyn Chest $998
West Elm Parsons Floor Mirror $549
World Market Hooks $25
Z Gallerie Painting $200
Mirrored Vanity $855 (link in description bar)
Pottery Barn Kensington Pivot Oval Mirror $249
World Market Clock Norah Gray Wash Wood Clock $50
T J Maxx Hand Towels $12
Ballad Designs French Bistro Comfort Mat $75
Restoration Hardware 19th C. Rococo Chandelier $1795
Barstools $207
Z Gallerie Archer Dining Table $1499
Pottery Barn Henley Rug $499
Z Gallerie Archer Bench $499
Restoration Hardware Dining Chairs $2190
Z Gallerie Nest Runner $30
Horchow Mantel $995
Horchow Wall Art $158
Z Gallerie Fashion Sketch 7 $100
Z Gallerie Wall Art $50
TJ Maxx Wall Art $24
Pottery Barn Carlisle 3 Piece L Shaped Sectional $3935
Pier 1 Caliope Fringe Pillows $90
Pier 1 Flounce Pillow $24
Pier 1 Metallic Beads Pillow $30
Pier 1 (unidentifed) Pillows $75
Bed Bath & Beyond Sweater Pillows $140
Z Gallerie Throw $70
Bed Bath & Beyond Throw $30
Pottery Barn Pierce Bedside Lamp Base $179
Pottery Barn Straight Sided Bleached Burlap Drum Lamp Shade $69
West Elm Terrace Side Tables $498
Serena and Lily Rug $945
Restoration Hardware 19th C Leather Carriage Trunk Coffee Table $1995
Ballard Designs Louis Metal Media Console $999
Horchow Amelie Mirrored Buffet/Console $1599
Restoration Hardware Paris Map $1295
West Elm Square Lacquer Tray $34
Horchow Cameo Plaque $80
Z Gallerie Nicolette Bed $1199
Restoration Hardware b&c Soho Crystal Small Chandeliers $658
Restoration Hardware Empire Rosette Closed Nightstands $1250
Z Gallerie Indochine Rug $300
Bed Bath & Beyond Bedding/Shams $190
Bed Bath & Beyond Sheets/Pillowcases $74
Bed Bath & Beyond Throw $40
Z Gallerie Simplicity Mirrored Dresser $1299
PB Teen Dress Form $199
IKEA Skimmer Candlesticks $24
Z Gallerie Picture Frames $51
CB2 Peekaboo Acrylic Console Table $379
Bed Bath & Beyond Bathroom Rugs $45
Pier 1 Hayworth Lingerie Chest $500
Z Gallerie Brilliant Starburst Wall Plaque $140
Z Gallerie Brilliant Plaque $160
Bed Bath & Beyond Satin Nickel Bathtub Caddy $30

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

Lol 2 grand for that fugly trunk table.

chance86
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by chance86 »

Blair is a fool for hiring that "designer." He clearly lied to get her to increase her purchases even when it went against the betterment of her home's appearance. So much overkill for a small space. I get the appeal of living at a hotel with all of its safety, convenience and amenities but for that kind of money, she could be living in a beautiful house. Boost the economy and hire some phony to decorate 5,000 square feet.

It makes me sick that people like Kylie Jenner, who doesn't even have a high school education, can purchase a $3.5 mil house at 17 without ever having worked a day in her life or contributed anything of value to society. Blair is not far off. 22 and tossing money around like an idiot. If it weren't for the fact that she was born into a wealthy family who spoiled her with all of the MAC makeup in the line circa 2009, she'd never be where she is today. She simply got lucky.

Why would anyone spend $1500 on a fake, mass-produced map of a city she doesn't even seem to talk much about. There are authentic maps at flea markets and on ebay for mere pennies. I was looking at antique steamer trunks just last week and found one that originated in Italy and brought over a family to my city. Perfect condition $100 bc the owner was moving. Interior designers are supposed to find unique items like this that speak truth. THAT is a story. Not a period blood/feces-splattered disaster that starts in the bathroom and continues to the bedroom. I would never hire someone who shopped at 3-4 chain stores exclusively, probably didn't get me a deal and called it a job. She is so naive.

gigigi
Informer
Informer

Post by gigigi »

How much do you think it would actually cost to hire that interior decorator? I'm really just curious. Hahaha she has skill for throwing money out the window.

http://sfadesign.com/team/steven-didrick/ <--- her decorator

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

Yeah, I mean overall it's not 100% terrible, there are some nice pieces here and there, but I feel like the space is way too small to be doing everything she did in it. She should have bought a bigger place if she was going to be getting that into interior decorating.

The wallpaper in the entry way is so out of place to me, and does not "flow" into the rest of the condo at all.

I don't think the wallpaper in her bedroom would look THAT bad had she only had it on one wall. Putting it on all the walls makes it look like its a 70 year old's bedroom.

The table in the dining "room" is way too big. How would someone sit at one of the bar stools? The middle one is literally right up against the end dining chair.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

byebyebye1 wrote:Also the fact that the video is called "blair fowler's home tour" is SOOOO fcking pretentious. as if she thinks people will actually go and search youtube for that specific video.
Very pretentious. Does she think she's on MTV now or something, we're still here on youtube where people title videos things like "Updated condo tour!" or "Home tour 2015" or even if you wanna get a little ballsy "*insert username here* home tour" - using your real name when LOTS of people know her username is very unnatural looking as a video title.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Okay I watched. Here are my thoughts:

Not sure how I feel about the entry wallpaper. I think I kind of like it with the fake mounted deer head but it feels like it makes the space seems smaller.

Love the guest bathroom color, wish that weird necklace thing she keeps bringing from place to place from room to room would die in a fire. I don't get it. Bifold door to a bathroom weirds me out. And the little hook and eye lock is kind of umm..what's the PC term? Not good.

I actually think the tulips looked really good. I kind of want fake tulips for my house now.

She needs to get rid of the two bulky dining room chairs on either side of the table. Those are definitely more for a dining room, not a "dining space"

I kind of love the faux fire place with all the candles. I'm more into real fireplaces personally, but it's one of those things I like for other people to have so I can look at it. All those pictures above it are disjointed and weird together, should've just bought an already put together set.

THAT TREE. Wut.

Curtains look like a hotel room's.

She needs to get rid of the fluffy chair. She's just got a lot of extra shit that makes the space seem so unnecessarily crowded - like the tree.

This girl is obsessed with vagina wallpaper.

I don't hate the bedroom wallpaper, but mixed with her lighting it does look like a crime scene. I really don't get the hanging lights as end table lights. What if you want to rearrange your bed? You have to call your electrician.

What is with those curtains...too many pleats? I don't know, it looks cheap to me for some reason. She films like once a month, maybe she should've done this during the day time and had the curtains open.

Over the whole dress form + clothing rack with clothes you want to show off thing. You have a giant closet. Get that shit out of there.

Ugh. Starburst, die with that necklace.

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

She has such bad taste. I can't even get over how her place looks like now. If she didn't spend so much money on the clutter, she could've paid for her own trips instead of her parents paying for all her overseas trips. Her place is so tacky. It's almost like a showroom because it's a juxtaposition of random mass produced junk. Her bedroom is so jarring. Money can't buy class.

magick-girl786
Talker
Talker

Post by magick-girl786 »

The entryway wallpaper is horrible and wtf is with that deer head omg. The only thing I like about her entryway is the key hanging thing and the table with her umbrella and the other stuff. The rest of it is too cluttered.

Am I the only one who's a bit confused on where her mom and dad sleep when they come visit her? She got rid of the day bed in the office so where do her guests stay?

The guest bathroom is nice apart from that stupid tissue box cover like WTF is that.

I'm so glad she got rid of that ugly sink and replaced it with that vanity sink ... so much better!

The glass half door on the tub/shower is stupid I mean it's kind of obvious water would get everywhere, only half of the tub/shower is shielded! I think it was a smart idea to not have a shower curtain though because I feel like those get water everywhere too but I'm not sure why she didn't just do a full sliding door or something I mean it's not like it would cost that much more money, especially with all of the stupid overly expensive decor she bought for her place.

The kitchen hasn't been changed much but why on Earth does she need two coffee machines?

She would be so much better off with a smaller dining table and I hate that bench it's so ugly lmao and that fake fireplace thing like why it makes it so damn cluttered. I would hate walking around her place for fear of knocking shit over left and right lol

The living room looks a lot better than it did before except for the fake tree its way too big for the small space and that stupid random fluffy chair it makes it so cluttered.

I've already talked about her ugly wallpaper. It would have looked a lot better with a focal wall and the rest painted beige but that wallpaper is just horrible that even a focal wall would have been too much. IDK what is with those curtains and I'm not sure why she even needs the glass desk thing when she has an office already

The bathroom is one of the only things I actually like about her condo tour and I sort of get why she wants to block closing the toilet room door with the lingerie chest because I wouldn't have wanted a door on the toiler room anyways because it would be so annoying to have to open and close it everytime I wanted to pee lol

Literally the only things I liked about the condo tour was the Z Gallerie Starburst decor piece because I've always thought it was so pretty every time I saw it in any of Elle and Blair's videos (since it was in their old apartment) and the updated guest bathroom sink/vanity

eoz831
Informer
Informer

Post by eoz831 »

I imagine if its just her mom to stay they share her bed..? Can't think of where else her mom could stay, because Elle uses her spare bedroom as an "office" too. I assume if both parents are in town they just get a hotel..?

MyPrivateJet
Debater
Debater

Post by MyPrivateJet »

I've never seen such an impersonal home. That could literally be anyone's condo. Nothing about that place makes it Blair's condo.

shaycovell
Informer
Informer

Post by shaycovell »

Hasn't Blair always gravitated more toward color? The green room, her pink room with the rainbow bedspread, more pink and green in LA. I know it's likely that she's outgrown it, but nothing about that apartment says Blair. Elle has always gravitated toward the muted, soft colors so her place does seem like hers.

Boo
Informer
Informer

Post by Boo »

That was tacky af.
MyPrivateJet wrote:I've never seen such an impersonal home. That could literally be anyone's condo. Nothing about that place makes it Blair's condo.
This so much. I don't know why she's so obsessed with living in a hotel.
BOO

Return to “juicystar07”