JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 4

byebyebye1

Re: JuicyStar07 General Thread Part 4

Post by byebyebye1 »

You're all trying to tell me that if you were/are 22 years old and you came home with a 31 year old then your parents and friends would totally be okay with it?

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

whocares wrote:
byebyebye1 wrote:
whocares wrote:
oh please :roll:

Grow up.
Excuse me?

Sorry it's fcking disgusting that he can't find someone suitable his own age so he goes for someone significantly younger.
Are you 12?

Because you're reacting like a 12 year old would.
yep you got it. i'm 12. you're so smart.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Evolve »

I dated a 30 year old when I was 20. No one cared or said anything. He was great, probably around the same maturity level of me. When we broke up it was because of distance, not our ages. We're still friends today and he's probably the most caring and normal of all my exes, even though he's the oldest.

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Evolve wrote:I dated a 30 year old when I was 20. No one cared or said anything. He was great, probably around the same maturity level of me. When we broke up it was because of distance, not our ages. We're still friends today and he's probably the most caring and normal of all my exes, even though he's the oldest.
Well the two of you are one of a kind.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

Yup, no one else has ever had a successful and happy relationship with someone with a 10 year age difference. We should probably go in the record books.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Obviously I'm the only one on this whole damn forum that thinks their age gap is gross. I understand it's not a big deal when you're older but I wouldn't put blair in the "older" category. She's freshly 22. That's not old at all. Plus I don't think blair is mature either.

kaylie27
Talker
Talker

Post by kaylie27 »

byebyebye1 wrote:You're all trying to tell me that if you were/are 22 years old and you came home with a 31 year old then your parents and friends would totally be okay with it?
Mine were fine with it. Not like it matters, I am an adult.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

byebyebye1 wrote:You're all trying to tell me that if you were/are 22 years old and you came home with a 31 year old then your parents and friends would totally be okay with it?
I've had a much larger age difference in the past and I was 20 at the time. Now THAT was weird and what most people would have considered gross. Ten years is nothing.

Aside from that, my dad is 10 years older than my mom. Age differences aren't weird as long as both parties are mature enough and the fact that they're in two different stages of their lives doesn't get in the way.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

lol.

Yep.

My boyfriend is in his 30's.

You'll understand when you're older.

MissCheetahPrint
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by MissCheetahPrint »

I'm 23 and my family/friends would definitely think it's weird, so maybe it just depends. To me late 20s is different than 30s. This girl we used to know is now dating a 33 year old and my friends/family think that's weird. My grandpa is 10 years older than my grandma, but I feel like it was less weird in that generation because people got married so early and women were usually just homemakers. It might be different regionally too in terms of opinions, I don't know. Because of how much more complex life is now a days, to me it seems like you would be at such different points in life at 23 versus 33. My other 22 year old friend is dating a 29 year old and she is already starting to see that as a problem--he wants to start settling down and she doesn't obviously. So I think that;s where some of the finding it "weird" comes from.

Again, all opinions and I think it just depends on the couple/situation.

boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by boop »

I think it really does have everything to do with maturity - Blair isn't like all other 22 year olds. She didn't JUST graduate from college trying to figure out her career, she isn't contemplating between living at her parents vs finding her own place, she isn't completely broke. She's had her "career" going for a while, she is a homeowner, she can handle her own - and with that perhaps she's a lot more "ready" to be with an older guy who MAY be looking to settle down. She's years above other girls her age because of her life path.

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

i don't understand, really, whether it has anything to do with age. both blair and the guy are of age (and above!) and she already knows what she wants in life (children/husband), and hasn't been coy about it either. as long as they're both happy, i don't see a problem. she wants a family already, and that's fine, and he might be old enough to want one too. as long as they're on the same page about what they want, i don't see how it could be interpreted as "gross"
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

whocares wrote:
lol.

Yep.

okay grandma

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Evolve wrote:Yup, no one else has ever had a successful and happy relationship with someone with a 10 year age difference. We should probably go in the record books.
does your poor SO know that you're this rude and horrible to people you've never even met?

UsagiDrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by UsagiDrop »

Exactly what's the matter with Blair being with a guy that's older than her other than it being "gross"? Blair is 22 has had a successful "career" since she was 16, owns her condo, owns her car, has all the responsibilities that adults have and when you compare her to a fresh out of college 22 yr old yeah she's more mature than they are. She has never made it a secret that she wants to settle down and have kids young so once again what exactly is wrong with her dating a guy older than her? He's successful, well established in his career (I'm assuming), more than likely has a nice sized savings account and is probably ready to settle down, get married, and have kids all of which Blair wants. If he was 40 and up then yeah I would consider that gross.

whocares
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by whocares »

byebyebye1 wrote:
whocares wrote:
lol.

Yep.

okay grandma

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

byebyebye1 wrote:
Evolve wrote:Yup, no one else has ever had a successful and happy relationship with someone with a 10 year age difference. We should probably go in the record books.
does your poor SO know that you're this rude and horrible to people you've never even met?
I must have missed the part where you said you know Blair, because otherwise this is a case of pot calling the kettle black.

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Evolve »

byebyebye1 wrote:
Excuse me? It's pretty rude to make a blanket statement that people with age differences dating is gross. My sarcasm at the idea that I'm not alone in having had a good relationship with an age difference is hardly "horrible" but I would venture to say some of your posts here about people you don't know (Elle and Blair) certainly have been.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

I'm done with you and your ignorant yet uppity attitude, Evolve. I literally couldn't care less what more you have to say. Have a nice life.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

Please stay on-topic and respect other users :tu:

Return to “juicystar07”