I heard a rumor

burgerkingboy
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I heard a rumor

Post by burgerkingboy »

The rumor goes, when Blair goes to give her talk at Harvard, she will come back in may and receive an honorary doctrine.

hope its just a rumor. And Blair I know you will read this. lol

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: I heard a rumor

Post by oceanic »

burgerkingboy wrote:The rumor goes, when Blair goes to give her talk at Harvard, she will come back in may and receive an honorary doctrine.

You mean a doctorate? You actually have to go to school for a degree. They don't hand them out like party favors.

misspeak
Talker
Talker

Post by misspeak »

Mallory wrote:
burgerkingboy wrote:The rumor goes, when Blair goes to give her talk at Harvard, she will come back in may and receive an honorary doctrine.

You mean a doctorate? You actually have to go to school for a degree. They don't hand them out like party favors.
Honorary doctorates ARE just kind of handed out. You don't need a doctorate to get one. Lots of times speakers at commencements will get one, or someone who did something notable related to the community or the school.

Although I doubt Blair did anything worthy enough to get an honorary doctorate, let alone from Harvard. University of Phoenix maybe.

Post by Guest »

^Yes but speakers at commencement ceremonies are usually people of some significance. Like a politician or something of a similar kind.

If that girl gets an honorary PhD for making videos on YouTube and garnering a large following on social media I will eat my diploma granting me a Masters in Media Psychology. We studied social media extensively and nobody even knew of Blair freaking Fowler.

Libra
Informer
Informer

Post by Libra »

Did Blair start the rumor?
Harvard only gives honorary doctorates to commencement speakers, people that are have major historic accomplishments, or a longstanding relationship with the university. Also it's a very short list each year. Less than 10.
I would imagine at least a thousand people speak at Harvard a year.

These are the people who got them last year http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2 ... y-degrees/

Still a great opportunity for her none the less.

BlablaEvi
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by BlablaEvi »

Why on earth will Blair give a talk to Harvard?For being famous or for being a vain spoiled little brat?
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality...

sgq761
Stalker
Stalker

Post by sgq761 »

She was there to speak in a panel for power of social media in the HBS annual retail and luxury goods conference.

takeaguess
Learner
Learner

Post by takeaguess »

She wasn't anywhere on that conferences website

pixielein
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pixielein »

takeaguess wrote:She wasn't anywhere on that conferences website
it would be hilarious if she were on that website, next to such people whose scrutinies are for society. i can imagine the question for blair : what did you do for the society? Blair: well i told them what is my favourite tissues

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

sgq761 wrote:She was there to speak in a panel for power of social media in the HBS annual retail and luxury goods conference.
No she wasn't. I just checked their list of activities and they had nothing going on yesterday, which is when she spoke at Harvard.

http://www.hbs.edu/mba/student-life/act ... ities.aspx

According to the professor who invited her, she spoke at something they're calling #CSN14 on Twitter. I have yet to figure out what that stands for though.

Arielle
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Arielle »

Just figured it out. It's a course at Harvard called Competing with Social Networks, run by Misiek Piskorski - he's the person who's asked Blair to come speak every time she's been there.

Return to “juicystar07”