Next Up

llamadelrey
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Next Up

Post by llamadelrey »

I am literally insulted by the fact that Nikki won Next Up considering how she she did not deserve a cent of that prize money. Next Up is intended for youtubers who are creating quality, unique content. Nikki's content isn't quality, and its no where near unique. The girl doesn't have a creative bone in her body...

Not to mention that I'm 99% sure that she was winning for her vlog channel with Dan. I only say that because on the Youtube Next Up video she was introducing herself with Dan, thus the winners being "The Phillippi's" rather than just her. Now she doesn't even post on that channel at all!

I just think that it's outrageous...

dreamweaver
Learner
Learner

Re: Next Up

Post by dreamweaver »

I agree. It's almost as if they only started doing the consistent vlogging to look better for next up... It's a little too convenient/suspicious that they quit right around the time they won.
Also wtf does good ol Dan do now that he doesn't edit the vlogs every day, which is what he quit his real job to do... Everything about these too is so shady and sleezy. They literally have zero redeeming qualities.

allisoonnn
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allisoonnn »

Oh it's no coincidence, it's way too convenient for them to have stopped vlogging at the same exact time as NextUp. & for her main channel to go even MORE downhill & not having a theme this month. They just wanted to look like they worked hard on constantly putting out videos and wanted to gain subs. Unbelievable. They don't deserve a single penny of that money because they're lazy, disgusting people who manipulate everyone around them and don't put good effort into anything. She got all that money and bam, she's done with youtube until she will finally need to get some more money rolling in. Not to mention, this money is supposed to go to BETTERING their channels, not giving up on them.

Also, they first of all said "vlog year" and they'd vlog every single day (with some possible slip up days.) Then, they decided to not post on weekends but made Monday vlogs longer with the weekend footage. Then, they said "Oh it'll be every other day now" and that's the last thing we heard... & yet, it's been an entire month without a single vlog, and just before that, they went long day without posting. Ridiculous. So what do they do? They reply to one of the comments on their latest vlog and say "we never said we would vlog everyday. That was vlogmas. We're just back to out old vlogging schedule now" You lying f**ks, you did say you'd vlog every day of the year. Do you not realize you have a whole stupid video of you guys dancing for like 3 minutes about vlogging every day, AFTER vlogmas? UGH. Worst people ever.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

allisoonnn wrote:Oh it's no coincidence, it's way too convenient for them to have stopped vlogging at the same exact time as NextUp. & for her main channel to go even MORE downhill & not having a theme this month. They just wanted to look like they worked hard on constantly putting out videos and wanted to gain subs. Unbelievable. They don't deserve a single penny of that money because they're lazy, disgusting people who manipulate everyone around them and don't put good effort into anything. She got all that money and bam, she's done with youtube until she will finally need to get some more money rolling in. Not to mention, this money is supposed to go to BETTERING their channels, not giving up on them.

Also, they first of all said "vlog year" and they'd vlog every single day (with some possible slip up days.) Then, they decided to not post on weekends but made Monday vlogs longer with the weekend footage. Then, they said "Oh it'll be every other day now" and that's the last thing we heard... & yet, it's been an entire month without a single vlog, and just before that, they went long day without posting. Ridiculous. So what do they do? They reply to one of the comments on their latest vlog and say "we never said we would vlog everyday. That was vlogmas. We're just back to out old vlogging schedule now" You lying f**ks, you did say you'd vlog every day of the year. Do you not realize you have a whole stupid video of you guys dancing for like 3 minutes about vlogging every day, AFTER vlogmas? UGH. Worst people ever.

I didn't know all of that, but you made me loathe her even more. Will she get taxed for her winnings? I hope.

Pinkpop13
Learner
Learner

Post by Pinkpop13 »

Sorry if I ask a stupid question but how much did they win from nextup ? I looked online but I didin't find anything :? Anyway no matter how much they got they don't deserve a penny of it [ as people said ]
Life's a bitch then you die

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Pinkpop13 wrote:Sorry if I ask a stupid question but how much did they win from nextup ? I looked online but I didin't find anything :? Anyway no matter how much they got they don't deserve a penny of it [ as people said ]
I think it's $35000, but I might be wrong.

JDBgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by JDBgirl »

That's what I heard too. Must be rough.

Kaoru123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kaoru123 »

35000$?! OMG! I heart it was "only" 10000. Why wouldn't she buy a new car then? Did everyone get that much? Rachel and Evelina won too.
_| ̄|○

ECH
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ECH »

Kaoru123 wrote:35000$?! OMG! I heart it was "only" 10000. Why wouldn't she buy a new car then? Did everyone get that much? Rachel and Evelina won too.
According to http://www.reelseo.com/youtube-shows-partners-love/ which is the first page to come up if you search 'NextUp prize, all 25 winners get $35000. So, they get this much, stop vlogging, and then still don't get their dogs fixed.

blameitonthealtitude
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by blameitonthealtitude »

I'm not really bothered by it because Ingrid also won Next Up a few years ago. Sure she's a lot better than Ingrid in terms of video quality and content, but still.

Heynow
Informer
Informer

Post by Heynow »

I'm extremely late on this, but the NextUp 2013 was not as exorbitant as the NextUp that Luke & Ingrid won a few years ago (where they got $35,000 each and possibly vouchers for camera equipment).

The NextUp 2013 that Nikki and Rachel were a part of provided them with:
Up to $3,000 USD to facilitate video creation
Up to $4,000 USD of video production equipment
Up to $5,000 USD for travel, hotel, and incidental expenses for the two (2) five-day Creator Camps in Los Angeles, California to be arranged by Google

I did not see anything about additional prize money. Also, it sounded like only individual creators could win, but others who work on the channel could come to the hangouts (which could explain why Dan and Byron were seen there). Full info is here: https://sites.google.com/site/ytnextupus/

The NextUp from this year made a lot more sense than just giving away $35k to the lucky winners like they did a few years ago. It's disappointing how some of the people who won a few years ago did not significantly improve their content/view/subscribers. Luke and Ingrid actually seem to be two of the biggest standouts in terms of their success.

lalatraveler
Informer
Informer

Post by lalatraveler »

Nikki's BFF Rachel also was vlogging daily and putting out tons if videos right until next up. Then she stopped. She vlogs like once or twice a month.

If they were really making that much money from vlogs I don't think they'd just stop. I mean they both rent apts in the cheaper parts of la.

Return to “NikkiPhillippi”