The Bruce Jenner Interview

itsawierdworld
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Bruce Jenner Interview

Post by itsawierdworld »

FLOSSY77 wrote:I have a 16yr old that thinks Kylie is the epitome of beautiful :( :roll: :roll: Lots of talks about real beauty and being yourself. Well isn't this the real statement. Be yourself.
When DS asked him if he was going to be more of a "Kardashian"(I guess meaning the typical over the top made up look) and he gave a resounding "No, I'll be a Jenner". Atta girl!

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

I'm sorry hellyeah. Very sad. Xo

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

itsawierdworld wrote:
FLOSSY77 wrote:I have a 16yr old that thinks Kylie is the epitome of beautiful :( :roll: :roll: Lots of talks about real beauty and being yourself. Well isn't this the real statement. Be yourself.
When DS asked him if he was going to be more of a "Kardashian"(I guess meaning the typical over the top made up look) and he gave a resounding "No, I'll be a Jenner". Atta girl!
And the girls can be powerful talk. Loved it. I just came away feeling love and hope for him. Not like that cock sucking Kim. Poor guy. He was a good dad. Tried his best.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

GG edited the crap out of me. :rofl:

itsawierdworld
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by itsawierdworld »

I think the interview went pretty well and was pretty dignified, considering the media circus that has been following Bruce.

FLOSSY77
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by FLOSSY77 »

I agree. Good interview. He was honest and real. Sweet guy. Good attitude. Always liked him. Now I do more. Most honest in the family.

Drama
Informer
Informer

Post by Drama »

I'm glad he finally came out to the public with his true gender identity but I can't be truly happy for him for a few reasons. Firstly, he killed a woman in a car accident. It's my belief that a person should be in control of his or her car at all times- there's is no excuse to rear end someone. He wasn't paying attention for whatever reason and he sent that poor woman into oncoming traffic and to an early demise. I understand accidents happen but his decision to lay low after what transpired and then give an incomplete statement seemed cold to me. He never apologized but instead sent his deepest sympathies. There is a huge difference between the two. During his interview with Dianne, Bruce said that he's being advised by his lawyers to not speak on the situation because he's still involved in litigation and his simple statement of, "I'm devastated," really rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that if he were to apologize then that would be admitting guilt, which is probably against advice from his lawyers, however it was his fault. An admission of guilt would be the right thing to do and I feel the victim's family would appreciate it but I doubt that's going to happen at this point.

Secondly, Bruce said he's not doing this for publicity yet the moment the interview was over, E! News tweeted that he's planning on doing a docu-series and it'll be released in July. I just can't with this family.

In any event, the interview was educational for me about transgender people, and the distinction between sexual desire and sexual identity. I think it's great that he's out and proud and creating more awareness about the transgender community, but just call it what it is, Bruce: another opportunity to rake in the cash.

curlywurly
Talker
Talker

Post by curlywurly »

I loved seeing this side of Bruce Jenner and I truly support the fact the he is speaking out about it. With all the transgender suicides going on I wish the paparazzi would just stop taunting him. They are very degrading and have no ounce of respect for him. I truly wish him the best.

I loved seeing the Jenner side of the family. He has some good looking kids! My question is, why didn't Kendall and Kylie show up? They gave a statement but all his other Jenner children even called 20/20 and asked to be in the interview to support him. Was it maybe some kind of network issue or did they just not want to be there? I wonder. All his ex wives gave some very nice words of encouragement except for Kris. I won't judge her though-maybe she's too hurt to touch the subject?

Pyramid11
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Pyramid11 »

My heart goes out to Bruce.

Can you imagine living with all those females, who get a dolled up. The makeup, the clothes.

Bruce was living in hell because he couldn't be who he is.

Nesoi
Naughty
Naughty

Post by Nesoi »

FLOSSY77 wrote:GG edited the crap out of me. :rofl:
You're welcome :D

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

Yeah good for him bla bla bla but he literally lied to his wives for years..

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

Drama wrote:I'm glad he finally came out to the public with his true gender identity but I can't be truly happy for him for a few reasons. Firstly, he killed a woman in a car accident. It's my belief that a person should be in control of his or her car at all times- there's is no excuse to rear end someone. He wasn't paying attention for whatever reason and he sent that poor woman into oncoming traffic and to an early demise. I understand accidents happen but his decision to lay low after what transpired and then give an incomplete statement seemed cold to me. He never apologized but instead sent his deepest sympathies. There is a huge difference between the two. During his interview with Dianne, Bruce said that he's being advised by his lawyers to not speak on the situation because he's still involved in litigation and his simple statement of, "I'm devastated," really rubbed me the wrong way. I understand that if he were to apologize then that would be admitting guilt, which is probably against advice from his lawyers, however it was his fault. An admission of guilt would be the right thing to do and I feel the victim's family would appreciate it but I doubt that's going to happen at this point.

Secondly, Bruce said he's not doing this for publicity yet the moment the interview was over, E! News tweeted that he's planning on doing a docu-series and it'll be released in July. I just can't with this family.

In any event, the interview was educational for me about transgender people, and the distinction between sexual desire and sexual identity. I think it's great that he's out and proud and creating more awareness about the transgender community, but just call it what it is, Bruce: another opportunity to rake in the cash.
his car accident has nothing to do with his transitioning...not sure why you would say you can't be happy for his transition because of something that has nothing to do with it? i think his docu-series will be very educational. in his interview he made it clear he wanted to be an advocate and educate people on being transgender. i'm glad he's doing documenting his transition, i hope it will be very educational for viewers. no one of his status has come out as transgender, thousands and thousands of people will be watching him during/after his transition, mostly out of curiosity, but hopefully they will all learn something along the way. who cares if he gets paid for it....everyone involved in those kinds of doumentaries and docu-series are paid whether they bruce jenner or not.

Lurkosaurus Rex
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lurkosaurus Rex »

Fruitbatz2 wrote:Yeah good for him bla bla bla but he literally lied to his wives for years..
omg :bhd: :bhd: :bhd: :bhd: :bhd:

findingdory
Learner
Learner

Post by findingdory »

I saw the interview online and I am actually glad that he was so open about it. The number of suicide in transgender people is so high and there is still so much stigma attached to it, it's about time that people talk about it openly and without judgement.
Also, if anyone else is interested in a series that deals with this topic in a realistic and good way is "Transparent".

:respekt: to Bruce, all the best to him, may he find his female soul also on the outside :)

(There was a rumor going round when the Kardashians show started that Kris stopped him from going through with transitioning when they met. Not sure what to think of this, but I guess anyone near that vile woman will freeze to death if they don't do what she says :roll: )

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

Are you a straight woman? you would like to marry a man who didn't tell you he was a woman until years into the marriage? Mmmk. :tu:

itsawierdworld
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by itsawierdworld »

All I'll say is that I'm very curious to see how the car accident is going to go down, legally. Will they charge him with, at the very least, manslaughter? It would be so if it were any average citizen...
I'm still glad he did this interview and stayed just with this issue. I think it could help a lot of people. I for one, cannot stand anything "Kardashian" but for once maybe something good can come out of their inexplicable fame. Really, besides Bruce being an Olympian, why are these people famous? LOL
If I were one of his wives, I'd be REALLY bothered if I had missed something this big or if it was hidden from me. Maybe when he was finally honest with himself and them, that's why the marriages all ended? I don't like secrets in my marriage, but I don't want either of us to suffer with a burden like this either. It's completely unrelated but maybe(?) applicable with the "lying" or "omitting" part but after my husband came back from his last tour in Afghanistan, he was quite different for a while. He wouldn't tell me what was going one because he honestly didn't know how and didn't want to expose me to what he had been exposed to. He felt like he was protecting me, but at the same time I couldn't help but be annoyed because I knew there was a lot he wasn't telling me. I'm a big girl and I could take it! Once he did finally open up about it, it was jarring and a lot but it was out finally. When someone is in pain and telling you "I'm fine", it is a lie, but I think it's a well meaning one. It's not like he wasn't attracted to women, he explained that he still is "heterosexual". He just had these things he knew would hurt them in the back of his mind and maybe he thought he was protecting them? IDK. Just trying to relate the best way I know how. I think I'd be upset that he hid it, hell yeah. That's on my list of "need to know". I don't know if my marriage would survive it, but I think I'd want to come to terms with it.

itsawierdworld
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by itsawierdworld »

My fav thing to be said in the show was "Sexuality is who you go to be with. Gender is who you go to bed as." I'd never heard it put like that, and I appreciated that clarity.
I should have added in my last comment that while I'd try not to punish him for lying about his issues, I still don't think it would help me be attracted to a fully transitioned MTF. That would end the relationship for me, not necessarily the hiding of it. I'm just not attracted to females.
Like I said in the beginning of the thread though, I'm still fascinated with the psychology of it all.

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

If you don't have honesty in a marriage, you have nothing. Lying about your gender identity is a huge deal breaker and I genuinely feel bad for the women he lied to. Just because he is being applauded for coming out doesn't mean he didn't hurt people he loved by not telling them his gender identity. I would feel very hurt if I was a wife of his. It's like if you married a man and he left for work every morning to work at an office but then years later you find out he is a drug dealer. He is a liar no matter what way you slice it, and for that reason I'm not incredibly jazzed about it

Fruitbatz2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Fruitbatz2 »

He's not heterosexual, if SHE is a woman that likes women, he is be definition homosexual.

hellyeah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The Bruce Jenner Interview

Post by hellyeah »

itsawierdworld wrote:I'll shut up about this movie now I swear, but so. damn. pretty! Some MTF and just men are drop dead gorgeous.

It has bad ratings on Netflix but I plan on watching it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Samantha Schuerman”