Hahaha, great title !

GothMoth
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nostalgiella - 280390 days of reminicing about yout prime - part 77

Post by GothMoth »

So it sounds like Zoe didn’t have any involvement in the packaging design? Jordynn Wynn and someone else both instastoried about the designer serchanddestroy designing the packaging - how she worked so hard on it etc. No mention of Zoe being involved at all. Hahahha. I have a screenshot but this site never seems to allow me to post photos successfully

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Is there a typo in the title? It doesn’t matter I guess

Post by Guest »

Jasmine S wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 pm
Is there a typo in the title? It doesn’t matter I guess
Yeah, and a slight spelling error on ‘reminiscing’. Great thread name though booish and SuggthePug! 🙌🏼

Post by Guest »

GothMoth wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:32 pm
So it sounds like Zoe didn’t have any involvement in the packaging design? Jordynn Wynn and someone else both instastoried about the designer serchanddestroy designing the packaging - how she worked so hard on it etc. No mention of Zoe being involved at all. Hahahha. I have a screenshot but this site never seems to allow me to post photos successfully
I’m sorry but I cannot get over how awful the packaging is. And I’m sorry for serchanddestroy that she worked very hard on that, but if that’s the best she can do she should think about quitting her day job (#sorryactuallynotsorry). Unless the brief was for the palette to look like it belongs in a kids’ paint by numbers kit? Guess one could expect a Zoella x ColourPop palette to be tacky and juvenile, but the design is also just messy and busy in the worst way. I kind of hoped Zoe DID have a hand in the design as that would at least explain it.

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: Nostalgiella - 280390 days of reminiscing about your prime - part 77

Post by Sarahb88 »

I’d like to point out that this horrifying photo is supposed to be promo for this make-up.....

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Thanks!

GothMoth
Informer
Informer

Post by GothMoth »

IAmMeMeMe wrote:
GothMoth wrote: So it sounds like Zoe didn’t have any involvement in the packaging design? Jordynn Wynn and someone else both instastoried about the designer serchanddestroy designing the packaging - how she worked so hard on it etc. No mention of Zoe being involved at all. Hahahha. I have a screenshot but this site never seems to allow me to post photos successfully
I’m sorry but I cannot get over how awful the packaging is. And I’m sorry for serchanddestroy that she worked very hard on that, but if that’s the best she can do she should think about quitting her day job (#sorryactuallynotsorry). Unless the brief was for the palette to look like it belongs in a kids’ paint by numbers kit? Guess one could expect a Zoella x ColourPop palette to be tacky and juvenile, but the design is also just messy and busy in the worst way. I kind of hoped Zoe DID have a hand in the design as that would at least explain it.
If Zoe did have any input, she probably just nodded and yepped her way through it.

I don’t find the packaging particularly cute. Its too tacky for me. And those colours are so bland and overdone. Tbh I wouldve expected something a bit more ‘mature’, due to Zoe’s ‘rebranding’... aka putting ‘vagina’ on a post it note and sticking it to a whiteboard (for their Zoella Blog brainstorm).

She hasn’t done anything makeup related in what seems like years. She has ruined her reputation in that timespan too. It sounds like they wanted to collab with a UK based influencer.. and with most of them sucking & their careers disintegrating, she was their best choice??

And the 70s theme is random, incohesive and not on-brand at all.

Edit: spelling

sororitygirl123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by sororitygirl123 »

was the event in london?

Girltyler
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Girltyler »

Suspicious as to why we haven’t seen swatches yet if people are already using it.. why wouldnt zoe show swatches? That’s usually the first thing every one online does with new palettes and lippies.. I saw someone on one of the snap stories said it was super pigmented but girl where!? Prove it

Pastel
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Pastel »

All I have to say about the Colourpop collab is YIKES. Tacky, derivative, no shades that any makeup lover doesn't already have. We've seen this exact palette probably a hundred times now, and the blue makes literally no sense for Zoe's brand. A hot pink shadow would seem like a way more obvious choice, if she was going for a pop of color. Then on top of that, it's gonna be hard for her UK tween fans to buy. It's wild.

As for the 70s theme, I agree that they should have gone 90s instead. Seems a better fit for both brands imo, and they could have referenced the trend of campy, fruity makeup products from that era. My best guess is that CP assumed that she was born in the 70s, and they just went with that.

I also find it interesting (using that word loosely) that it's hard to see the actual products on her Instagram.

Post by Guest »

^ Lol about CP assuming Zoe was born in the 70s😄

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

She looks like an extra from The Walking Dead in that fringe photo. If zombies had grinch smiles that is.

rissymoon
Learner
Learner

Post by rissymoon »

She's slowly morphing into one of those Dark Crystal characters

Post by Guest »

Pastel Rage wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:27 pm
My best guess is that CP assumed that she was born in the 70s, and they just went with that.
I DIED :rofl:

Also, why did y’all have to resurrect that fringe photo? :o I’m about to go to sleep, it’ll be a small miracle if I don’t get a nightmare now!

cuzisayso
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by cuzisayso »

Wow
A new guy does wonders
Obv not reading in to this picture
Just saying can you imagine the guy next to her with that genuine smile was her actual/new bf
How much better does he look with zoe
Or well how much better does she look with him?!

Then your eyes go a little further to the right and see this dweep -_-
who only has 2 faces:
big horse teeth mouth hanging wide open with dead eyes or this dumbass “smile” with dead eyes
Wow this whole pic is just a sad “what could be but never will be” moment

Btw I know this is a zoe thread and not poppy
But wow can she stop with the floral frocks and sneakers... that’s been her look for 3 years now... and all 4 seasons per year!
she legit looks exactly like her mother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheStubborn
Learner
Learner

Post by TheStubborn »

Girltyler wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:01 pm
Suspicious as to why we haven’t seen swatches yet if people are already using it.. why wouldnt zoe show swatches? That’s usually the first thing every one online does with new palettes and lippies.. I saw someone on one of the snap stories said it was super pigmented but girl where!? Prove it
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHWFVRHWc9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHLlSmHIqt/

Girltyler
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Girltyler »

TheStubborn wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:31 pm
Girltyler wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:01 pm
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHWFVRHWc9/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuHLlSmHIqt/
Oh, thank you! Those actually look better than I had expected

hellohello90
Learner
Learner

Post by hellohello90 »

Los key shipping Zoe and that Kyle guy :love2:

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

Agreed, the swatches make it look way better. But still, none of this came from Zoe.

Also wow lol it's super superficial to ship Zoe with some random dude lol she's awful and we don't know what he's like but he can probably do so much better personality-wise.

Return to “Zoella”