Scamella - 280390 Ways to Exploit Anxiety - Part 58

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Scamella - 280390 Ways to Exploit Anxiety - Part 58

Post by Lamour88 »

For me it's less that she made certain comments or said certain words that would be considered offensive today. (E.g., "tr*nny"). Or that she might've been a bit rude or too forthcoming in a tweet here and there when someone older/wiser would've tempered their words a bit.

But rather, it's the attitude that comes through everything. She comes off bitter, spoiled, mean, callous, and snide in those tweets, and in other behaviours that have lingered up until now. Nothing in those tweets was said in any real misplaced attempts at light-hearted humour, nothing where she'd been trying to make some genuine point and stepped in it, etc.
No, it's about the way Zoe always was, and likely still is. She has simply slowly covered that side of her up for the camera. Let's be real-- couldn't you still imagine Zoe acting in this way once the cameras were off? Couldn't you imagine her and Alfie making some insulting/disparaging comment about a "fat" person they saw, or a waiter that served them poorly? Or what they must say and imply about her detractors and "haters"? She already tweets that they're jealous, etc. Basically, there is no behaviour about Zoe NOW that shows that she is miles away from the person she might've been when she was younger. Probably knows not to use certain slurs, yes. Is probably willing to take ad money from Next, too. But the entitled way of looking at the world is similar.

I remember when she was on Lily and Anna's podcast, and they were talking about getting hate on the Internet. Zoe said the way she dealt with it was by remembering that she used to write horrible things about her friends in her diary, but she didn't really mean it and still liked her friends. She then prompted Lily and Anna to remember the same thing, that they must've done it too in their childhood. I remember thinking.... wtf, I never wrote shit about my friends just to write shit? Sure, I probably complained in my diary if they'd done something mean or bad, but who just writes mean troll like comments for fun? And then she's also done videos on her 'burn books'. The problem is that she doesn't really see any issue with it. She thinks they're fun mementos of the past that everyone has. She doesn't have any real shame or introspection. Those habits have just become adult habits-- making jokes of her friends like Tanya and Mark, for example.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Seems like Zoe isn't going to do vlogmas because of the backlash. She will just hide in her home,refusing to do her JOB whilst stealing her minions' money. Why am i not suprised? Everytime she is involved with drama (ghostwritter,hello world,advent calendar,racist tweets) she disappears from every social media and youtube and making her herself the victim when it is all her doing.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

magucken
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by magucken »

apeach wrote:^ "is the Zoe who tweeted those comments over a period of years closer to the "real" Zoe or is it the one that she portrays these days in her videos"

probably both are the real zoe. example, she used to be into that punk gothic style but now she looks completely different. you cant question WHICH IS THE REAL ZOE because people change over the years. it doesn't mean she was being fake in the past just because now she enjoys a different style. same with her personality, although i wouldn't say that she's 100% an angel now. i usually dont like zoe but im defending her in this because i feel like i can relate to how she felt. just because someone used to be mean doesnt mean she cant change for the better, even if she's not fully there yet, at least she's trying and at least she's no longer that mean person she used to be and we should be more supportive rather than digging up her past and shove it into her face again.

im pretty sure her management wants those tweets to be gone thus is deleting them.
The ways this reads is that here's another mean person on the way to recovery who doesn't want to be held accountable for or reminded of past meanness.

Puzzling. But ok.

12 steps
This used to be a lot more fun

FrillyLilly
Talker
Talker

Post by FrillyLilly »

Is anyone else finding it weird/a bit fun that the Zoella hating is widespread on twitter whereas normally it's a secret little thing we do here?

I think the price of the advent calendar is ridiculous and if Zoe wants to be able to hand her products over and have other people take care of the 'business' side of things then she needs to drop the attempts at a 'girl boss' image. She can't have it both ways. Also, saying she worked all year on an advent calendar makes things worse in my opinion - she actually okayed a bag of glitter going into it? That was her 'concept'. And also, she's only mentioned the price now that criticism is high - the calendar had bad reviews on Boots and people have been mentioning it for weeks and she was happy with the price tag then.

However, i do think Boots are partly at fault - of course they're happy with the price and I'm assuming they've deliberately set it as high as possible so that they can then half the price when they make it the 'star gift', which they do every year (last year it was the backpack, but when i was younger i remember it being the soap and glory stuff). Unfortunately for them, people complained about the price before they did that and so now they've that the price is being halved to make it look like they responded to criticism when i suspect that was the plan all along?

As for the tweets, it does seem like people are taking a lot of time to prove Zoe is bad but fair play, they've found stuff that's bad. tHere's no denying that those tweets are very, very mean and unpleasant. Yes, she was 20 but still, 20 year olds know better than to say that stuff and they really hint to a fat-hating, privileged brat - an attitude that i think still lingers in Zoe. That said, there's plenty of stuff that she's done in the last 2 years that's bad for them to go to town on, i think digging up old tweets slightly undermines the argument.

aLso, i wish people would go after Alfie - he's worse in my opinion.

BnJJ
Learner
Learner

Post by BnJJ »

coffelatte wrote:HW is Hello World the gleam version of vid con or playlist
Oh, of course! Not sure where my brain was. Thanks!

MissDiamandis
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by MissDiamandis »

Mean tweets aside, I rolled my eyes so hard at her addressing the advent calendar matter. :roll:

"I'm so sorry that so many of you feel so let down by this."
Her body language when she said this! Pretty much pouting, scrunched up shoulders, looking down. That just screams, "This is a half-assed apology and I really don't have anything to be sorry for."

"A lot of people think I'm doing it for the money, and that makes me SO sad... That's not who I am, that's not why I do this."
Enlighten me then, Zoe. Why do you slap your name on cheap ass, overpriced products that earn you a ton of profit? :rofl:

"This is just a rubbish situation that hopefully a lot of people can learn from."
No mention of you learning from it, of course, or trying to have more awareness next time. It's everyone else's fault!

:love2:

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

apeach wrote:
magucken wrote:
apeach wrote:^ "is the Zoe who tweeted those comments over a period of years closer to the "real" Zoe or is it the one that she portrays these days in her videos"

probably both are the real zoe. example, she used to be into that punk gothic style but now she looks completely different. you cant question WHICH IS THE REAL ZOE because people change over the years. it doesn't mean she was being fake in the past just because now she enjoys a different style. same with her personality, although i wouldn't say that she's 100% an angel now. i usually dont like zoe but im defending her in this because i feel like i can relate to how she felt. just because someone used to be mean doesnt mean she cant change for the better, even if she's not fully there yet, at least she's trying and at least she's no longer that mean person she used to be and we should be more supportive rather than digging up her past and shove it into her face again.

im pretty sure her management wants those tweets to be gone thus is deleting them.
The ways this reads is that here's another mean person on the way to recovery who doesn't want to be held accountable for or reminded of past meanness.

Puzzling. But ok.

12 steps
this thread is about zoe, would be nice if you dont go OT. like ive said i think it'll be great if she used this opportunity to take responsibility of her words and at the same time let people know that she's grown yada yada. i don't think it's right to avoid accountability lol it's just that people here are calling her a fake b*tch, mean girl, two-faced for her past which, yeah, is really kind of you guys, you guys aren't mean at all! :tu: thankfully this is an anonymous site isn't it? i mean if we actually need to write our real names on this site, how many of us will still be here calling others a b*tch? and yet you're talking about holding accountability for our words? :rofl: :rofl:
I'm not going off topic. I was giving you a counterargument to your opinion on Zoe and her past tweets, and in your reply to me you volunteered telling me that you can relate to how she feels because yada yada.

If you reply to me, then you can't give me that argument that I called her a fake bitch, a mean girl, or any of the stuff you mentioned. Because I didn't. Fake, yes. I do think so, to a degree. Obviously. And I explained why.

It seems to me that there are always people on GG who suddenly get very touchy and defensive when it appears that they can relate personally with what is being discussed or criticized. That was my point, and you seem to prove it valid. I don't know you, and I didn't attack you or made reference to anything you got going on or how you relate to this. I don't know and, very respectfully, I do not care. Honestly.

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Those tweets are just plain awful. I'm sorry but I would never have DREAMED of talking like that on a public platform. It may seem ridiculous to persecute her for Tweets sent years ago but people have lost their jobs for less. If I knew I'd said things like that which were viewable by the public, AND I got a job where young impressionable kids might look up to you, I'd be deleting them fast. If you say shit like that in private, whether that's online or not, then I don't really care - but she's said it in plain sight of (at the time) the GENERAL PUBLIC. She can't change what she said, but she should've done some damage control way before this could come out because there's no way in my mind that she wouldn't be aware of them.

She needs to apologise at the very least.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SoboredGGsux
Informer
Informer

Post by SoboredGGsux »

Cruelladevil wrote:I understand this is a trash thread but I feel as though some of you have that mentality where anything she says or does isn't ever good enough. There's still so many unanswered questions in regards to the calendar but I'm just satisfied with the fact that she apologised and even spoke about it in the first place (I think most of us thought she would stay silent). I have previously said in this thread that a lot people overestimate the amount of power Zoe has when it comes to her own products. To a lot of companies, she is a huge money machine, a puppet who has many followers and a popular brand name. Again, I will say, the problem I have with her is how she did not try hard enough to fix the situation (letting the calendar go on shelves despite disappointment on price).
But she didn't apologise...she said IT'S NOT MY FAULT and then lied about Boots making up whatever price they want. That is NOT how retail pricing works. And of course she doesn't have "power" but she claims she does. Then when something bad happens she flips it and blames someone else COUGH COUGH her "book."

Cruelladevil
Informer
Informer

Post by Cruelladevil »

apeach wrote:
magucken wrote:

Puzzling. But ok.

12 steps
this thread is about zoe, would be nice if you dont go OT. like ive said i think it'll be great if she used this opportunity to take responsibility of her words and at the same time let people know that she's grown yada yada. i don't think it's right to avoid accountability lol it's just that people here are calling her a fake b*tch, mean girl, two-faced for her past which, yeah, is really kind of you guys, you guys aren't mean at all! :tu: thankfully this is an anonymous site isn't it? i mean if we actually need to write our real names on this site, how many of us will still be here calling others a b*tch? and yet you're talking about holding accountability for our words? :rofl: :rofl:
You've hit the nail on the head there. I love this thread/site but my god is it full of hypocritical bitches.

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

:? :roll:
And then always the same people.
I'll leave it at that.

monroe08
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by monroe08 »

I hate how she keeps saying she doesn't do it for the money. Oh please.. Why do you do it then? I'm pretty sure if she wouldn't make any money with products she wouldn't be doing it. Who is she lying to?

HeadFullofDreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by HeadFullofDreams »

Cruelladevil wrote:
apeach wrote:
magucken wrote:

Puzzling. But ok.

12 steps
You've hit the nail on the head there. I love this thread/site but my god is it full of hypocritical bitches.
Yet you're on a trash thread and calling the other users 'bitches'? Er...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Regarding the racist tweets,at least this time she won't blame other companies or people. SHE wrote these tweets and must be held accountable for the shitty things she's done
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

apeach wrote:
magucken wrote:
apeach wrote:
magucken wrote:

The ways this reads is thathere's another mean person on the way to recovery who doesn't want to be held accountable for or reminded of past meanness.

Puzzling. But ok.

12 steps
I'm not going off topic. I was giving you a counterargument to your opinion on Zoe and her past tweets, and in your reply to me you volunteered telling me that you can relate to how she feels because yada yada.

If you reply to me, then you can't give me that argument that I called her a fake bitch, a mean girl, or any of the stuff you mentioned. Because I didn't. Fake, yes. I do think so, to a degree. Obviously. And I explained why.

It seems to me that there are always people on GG who suddenly get very touchy and defensive when it appears that they can relate personally with what is being discussed or criticized. That was my point, and you seem to prove it valid. I don't know you, and I didn't attack you or made reference to anything you got going on or how you relate to this. I don't know and, very respectfully, I do not care. Honestly.
really? you didn't "attack me or made reference to anything i got going"? okay so i guess you replied to me and said "here's another mean person" but that's not counted as an attack to me? what even. im confused. and i clearly said "people here" and that implies that idk who and cannot be bothered to remember which user said what and therefore not talking about you. i dont even know you called her fake tbh :rofl:

going back to zoe, im really not impressed with the way she's dealing with the calendar. at this point of time i think most viewers just wants her honesty and not a game of pushing blames. MAYBE, she really didn't have any control over the price but did she say anything like "i've discussed it with them multiple times and tried to get them to lower the price but..."?
I said "the way this reads is that..."
You're confused? It does seem that way.
That's all I have to say, really. I'm not interested in engaging with people who "can't be bothered" and just generally throw stuff out there. Seems to me that's exactly the kind of disregard we're talking about in Zoe's old tweets here. So... full circle argument.

:tu:

Citrine
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Citrine »

If Zoe showed remorse for anything that she ever did wrong, then maybe we could talk about evolving. But looking at the whole package those tweets just emphasize who and what she is. She could have deleted them if she felt even remotely bad about them at one point afterwards.

Regarding the calendar - I just can't help but wonder how these people/teams/management can be so dumb around her. They really do try to brainwash the young ones with excuses like "worked all year on it and am so proud".."just ugly consumerist boots - picture the grinch - put an awful price tag on it". Even in Zoe's universe of binge watching everything and anything w/o leaving the couch, it doesn't take a year to come up with that calendar. It would've been better if she just admitted that she had too many projects to slap her name on and really lost count about what and how was going on with the calendar. She could even back that theory up with showing some other merch and saying that they took longer and she was more invested in them and just lost sight of the calendar - do a large give-away and all will be forgotten. If something goes to shit then why keep smiling and pretending it's the best thing ever - that just makes her lose credibility in the long run.

I also enjoyed that she added that bit to the vlog where a minute ago they were talking about "true love" ie Alfie latching on to the cash cow and foreseeing what interacting with Zoe could do to his channel. :roll:

toryvilla
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by toryvilla »

moonlightpixie wrote:Regarding the racist tweets,at least this time she won't blame other companies or people. SHE wrote these tweets and must be held accountable for the shitty things she's done
When has she ever been held accountable?

It's just so strange that she didn't delete them years ago. She's been conning her 12 year old fans and slipped under the radar for years. Not anymore bitch.

Why doesn't she tell poppy to just drink water and eat vegetables?

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

BnJJ
Learner
Learner

Post by BnJJ »

Her wax statue has been removed due to those tweets. I’d attach a screenshot but don’t see a way to attach something from my phone.
Last edited by BnJJ on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

dsamantha
Talker
Talker

Post by dsamantha »

BnJJ wrote:Her wax statue has been removed due to those tweets. I’d attach a screenshot but don’t see a way to attach something from my phone.
For real?? This is all developing so fast lmao (not the tweets themselves but the repercussions)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magucken
Informer
Informer

Post by magucken »

BnJJ wrote:Her wax statue has been removed due to those tweets. I’d attach a screenshot but don’t see a way to attach something from my phone.
Where are you reading this?

Return to “Zoella”