ViviannaDoesMakeup

Harper
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Vivianna Does Makeup

Post by Harper »

Her channel is definitely in my top 5 fav beauty gurus list. I have gotten so many great products that I love and have had to re-purchase based on recommendations from her.

And also, her blog is pretty awesome too. You can tell she puts a lot of effort into it.

One thing that I really appreciate about her is that she always discloses if an item she reviews or uses in one of her videos (or blog) is a PR sample.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

I think that's something bloggers do and youtubers don't... youtubers don't disclose their PR samples as often as they should!

I appreciate her reviews, sometimes her videos are a bit boring, but if you're in the mood for listening to chatter - her channel is the one to hit up. She's ins't full of herself, she knows she's not an expert or an artist. She's a genuine girl with insightful opinions about cosmetics.

Gurutesque
Informer
Informer

Viviannadoesmakeup

Post by Gurutesque »

I don't know how anyone can hate her. Yes, she is rich. But she is so lovely! <3
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not.
- Marilyn Monroe :HK:

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by Diorette »

Sometimes she's boring, but I like her.

MinnieAnonamouse
Talker
Talker

Post by MinnieAnonamouse »

With every video and blog post, my adoration of this girl grows. She's just to real and nice. Plus none of her products recommendations have ever steered me wrong. <3 her!

theshadeofitall
Lurker
Lurker

Post by theshadeofitall »

socialight wrote:... She's ins't full of herself, she knows she's not an expert or an artist. She's a genuine girl with insightful opinions about cosmetics.
This. She's cute. And fairly un-pretentious. I like her. I wish she weren't such BFF with Lily Pebbles though. :?

Kae
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Kae »

theshadeofitall wrote:
socialight wrote:... She's ins't full of herself, she knows she's not an expert or an artist. She's a genuine girl with insightful opinions about cosmetics.
This. She's cute. And fairly un-pretentious. I like her. I wish she weren't such BFF with Lily Pebbles though. :?
Totally wished she wasn't besties with Lily Pebbles too.. That girl just gives off such a snooty vibe.

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by Guest »

Does she still have a job? I remember she got this apparently amazing job in London but she never mentions it anymore or shows any indication she has a job.

Beatrix
Debater
Debater

Post by Beatrix »

I find her nice. I never really get much out of her blogs - they just don't really say anything of use.

galaxydefender wrote:Does she still have a job? I remember she got this apparently amazing job in London but she never mentions it anymore or shows any indication she has a job.
Someone asked her on Instagram about making money via blogging and she replied:
"Some bloggers and youtubers make money from advertising down the side of their blogs or pre-roll YouTube ads. I currently work part time on my blog and part time doing freelance projects :)"

Post by Guest »

Beatrix wrote:I find her nice. I never really get much out of her blogs - they just don't really say anything of use.

galaxydefender wrote:Does she still have a job? I remember she got this apparently amazing job in London but she never mentions it anymore or shows any indication she has a job.
Someone asked her on Instagram about making money via blogging and she replied:
"Some bloggers and youtubers make money from advertising down the side of their blogs or pre-roll YouTube ads. I currently work part time on my blog and part time doing freelance projects :)"[/quote

Ahh. Thank you!

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

I absolutely adore her and think her recommendations are fantastic, thought-out and well based. She makes me want to try out everything! Especially skin care. Her blog is also very put together and well maintained. She uploads tons and I like her writing style. My only problem is I think she's starting to join Daily Mix . She appeared on a video with zoella and sprinkle of glitter and recommended products which was a video i actually enjoyed however I did see she was appearing in another video as well. Haven't seen it yet, but i really hope she doesn't go in that direction.

glenncoco
Lurker
Lurker

Post by glenncoco »

She is my all time favourite blogger, I adore her. I don't watch every single one of her videos, because sometimes she bores, but I do read everything she posts.
-she gets a lot of pr samples, but ALWAYS puts a disclaimer, and she's not afraid of doing negative reviews of pr samples.
-her blog has got the best design ever, and her photos are of a brilliant quality, you can tell she puts loads of effort in it.
-she's very dedicated and costant, she uploads videos often and writes pretty much every day.
-she buys makeup like a normal person (i think she's got more than the average girl because of what she's sent but she is not completely insane about shopping like most bloggers/yters are, and despite this she still jokes about how she felt guilty about buying a 50 pound tinted moisturiser, giving up to the hype of a very expensive product, or having 3 identical coral blushes...)
-she uses makeup like a normal person, she's got this fabulous minimal style in makeup and, like most of us i guess, i love how she gets excited when she uses a bright colored lipstick, or does something on her eyes wich is slightly out of her comfort zone...
I think she's in general very reliable, and I feel her very close to my personal taste in makeup.
I'm italian and studied english at school so sorry for any mistake blah blah blah

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

I like her as a person and think she's quite relatable. However more and more I find myself clicking out of her videos as I get bored. I like calm and controlled gurus that speak well, but there needs to be a bit more life there somewhere. I also find that she is quite repetitive.
I love her new haircut. It looks great. Her hair is so thick and healthy looking though I suspect it would look good however she styled it.

Itsasecret
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Itsasecret »

I love her new hair. I think I prefer it this way! Must be so much easier to manage now!

summerlove90

Post by summerlove90 »

I really like her and I think she has a lot of well-thought out things to say about products, but her writing style annoys me quite often. She uses too many colloquialisms, cringey phrases and puns. She is obviously very intelligent and this comes across, but she just clouds her reviews with needless words, almost as if she's trying to pad out her reviews. I think colloquialisms are needed to a certain extent to engage the reader, but too many and it pushes me away personally! I like her videos more because she talks 'normally' and very maturely. It's a shame because if she could just tone down her writing style she'd be one of my favourites. Her blog reminds me of Ruth's from A Model Recommends to some extent because she is a bit more original in her ideas compared with some bloggers. Ruth is very engaging and funny in her language without being cringey; Vivianna is almost there, hopefully her writing will continue to improve.

Beatrix
Debater
Debater

Post by Beatrix »

I find either her blogs end up saying very little about the product other than she bought it (/got a PR sample) and liked it, or it's just so waffly I can't be bothered to read it all. And I prefer blogs where they post lots of swatch photos - which are very useful for make-up. I just find her blog more style over substance, but I agree her videos are much better.

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

^ I agree! I do enjoy browsing her blog and watching her videos for products ideas but I ALWAYS have to research elsewhere as she doesn't show or tell you anything useful. I see her as more of an enabler than anything else. ha!

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

This is awful, I admit it, but her teeth make me cringe. They're so crooked. She seems well-off, I don't know why she doesn't get them fixed.

sagangirl
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sagangirl »

I'll admit im addicted to her blog and youtube, right from the start. but the lack of swatches bugs me. her blog is more like a magazine then a real beauty blog now

Harper
Learner
Learner

Post by Harper »

I completely agree that her blog feels more like a magazine nowadays. Plus most of the stuff she blogs about is fricking expensive. And usually a PR sample.

What's In My Handbag referred to her as 'Founder & Editor' of her blog, and for some reason I found it really pretentious.

I wish she would post videos more as they are her strong point. But she seems to have cut down on the amount of videos she posts on YT.

Return to “The Anna Edit”