ViviannaDoesMakeup

janjan
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by janjan »

I actually like the short hair but it doesn't suit her when she curls it.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

I don't know if it's the hair but I think it's her overall look in general. I know she's grown up a bit so it might be why, but she was alot more girlier when she had the long hair and I think it suited her more, now the short hair and all the black zara tailoring just looks too masculine and she can't pull it off.

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Post by Kit167 »

I never had a problem with this girls videos before, but lately she just seems to be promoting expensive makeup and skincare and her latest in my bag video features a bag over £600 now you could say so what but she than films this in a hotel suite that costs several hundreds of pounds to stay the night. Now she could have got this room free to film in for exchange for advertising the hotel, or got a huge discount either way you feel like she's rubbing it in peoples faces I mean the bag is enough but coupling it with an extremely expensive hotel room is thoughtlessly flaunting it, she might as well have called the video "Fuck you, look what I've got".

I used to think she was a likable girl, but I think its selfish when most of your viewers are young girls who could never stay in such hotels not to mention get bags like that, or her Lulu Guiness suitcase etc that showed up in Pebbles NY vlog, can't help thinking that Pebbles would at least be more discreet with her purchases and perks and not flaunt them both together in peoples faces. Money can't buy class alright and Vivianna while trying to look up market is displaying her lack of class by rubbing it in peoples faces in such a way. And as for anyone crying jealousy, even if I had money to burn I wouldn't spend it on a bag, I just think that's too indulgent and as for the hotel room I haven't seen a single YT yet to stay in such an expensive hotel room not even Tanya bloody Burr, it kinda looks like she's trying to top other YTs too, she thinks it looks classy but it looks classless to flaunt it like that

pussyglitter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by pussyglitter »

She used to be more subtle with the sponsored posts, but now she's become so obvious. I've unsubscribed.

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

I liked her better when she used to film on her macbook in her room at uni and chat about things she'd bought from boots while she was buying a meal deal. I think I'm just really tired of 'luxury' and 'lifestyle' bloggers, they're all so showy and similar like boring robots.

peril
Informer
Informer

Post by peril »

That bag she just showed in her "What's in My Bag" is over $1000. I feel like she's trying to give off an affluent, almost Gatsby-like vibe. I know gurus don't do too shabby in the money department, but I also think some of them try to make it seem like their lives are a bit more glamorous than they really are. This is all just my two cents, though.

That said, I do still like Vivianna. I just miss when she seemed a little more down to earth.

Kit167
Informer
Informer

Post by Kit167 »

amakeupaddict wrote:I liked her better when she used to film on her macbook in her room at uni and chat about things she'd bought from boots while she was buying a meal deal. I think I'm just really tired of 'luxury' and 'lifestyle' bloggers, they're all so showy and similar like boring robots.
You're right I looked back over her old whats in my bag vids and jeez has she changed, she's also really sold out to the advertisers, like you said peddling this ridiculous luxury lifestyle shit which next to non of her subs can afford unless they're getting it as a free perk like her. She used to be a regular girl, now she's trying to peddle this stylish tasteful image of herself, she's behaving like just another youtube advertising whore. I prefer Lily Pebbles she at least shows a little more restraint I think the reason Vivianna started dressing in all black is cos Pebbles does and she thinks it'll give her a bit more class like Pebbles

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

just watched one her REALLY old videos as it came up in my suggestions, she uses a superdrug own brand moisturiser and raves on about it. That would NEVER happen now!

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

ima wrote:just watched one her REALLY old videos as it came up in my suggestions, she uses a superdrug own brand moisturiser and raves on about it. That would NEVER happen now!
Yeah there's loads of cheaper things she raved about that I bought because of her recommendations like the Superdrug Illuminating Moisturiser, Topshop Cream Blush, Peach Barry M Nail Paint, VO5 Oil. Although I like to treat myself now and again and I appreciate a quality product, I can't relate to what she recommends as much now. Maybe because she buys a lot of high end stuff and also because she's a full-time blogger and I know that alters reviews.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

ima wrote:just watched one her REALLY old videos as it came up in my suggestions, she uses a superdrug own brand moisturiser and raves on about it. That would NEVER happen now!
I agree! Anna has put a lot into her blog and YT, but she used to have a mixture of budget friendly products and high end. Now it's all about designer bags, £35 bath salts and sponsored posts!

CataMaria
Talker
Talker

Post by CataMaria »

I too miss the old Anna! I know she is older now than when she was at school and tastes change, but it's crazy how she went from relatable (at least for me) saving to buy a high end item to another guru who has to go out and buy every new expensive product produced.

olivia85
Informer
Informer

Post by olivia85 »

Do Anna and Lily have a degree? What did they study? I agree with you all, she only uses high end brands and it kinda seems she doesn't care for drugstore brands anymore. Those bath salts she's always promoting retail for something like 30/40£, it's a joke. At least Amelia (who's loaded) reccommends drugstore make up here and there. Anna has become a living advertisement for cultbeauty and feelunique.
English is not my first language, so bear with me.

olivia85
Informer
Informer

Post by olivia85 »

*and SpaceNk.
English is not my first language, so bear with me.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

Wtf does *rubs thighs* mean
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

Latest video with Lily: Seemed like it was paining her to have to talk about drugstore products she enjoyed.

GuruSayWhat
Debater
Debater

Post by GuruSayWhat »

ima wrote:Latest video with Lily: Seemed like it was paining her to have to talk about drugstore products she enjoyed.
The beginning seemed so rehearsed, that laugh was so forced!

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

GuruSayWhat wrote:
ima wrote:Latest video with Lily: Seemed like it was paining her to have to talk about drugstore products she enjoyed.
The beginning seemed so rehearsed, that laugh was so forced!
Yeah I was wondering if it was scripted too, the way she turns to Lily sometimes like 'ohhh I need to try that!' is terrible acting.

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

whoawhoawhoa wrote:Wtf does *rubs thighs* mean
It was something Vic Reeves used to do on Shooting Stars! It's used to denote being excited or happy about something!

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I hate to say this, but I have a real problem with Vivianna's teeth. She spends a fortune on beauty products, why can't she see a dentist and get her awful teeth fixed?

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

Honestly, I'd be happy if she just learnt how to run a brush through her hair and part it cleanly either to to the side or actually in the middle. I get really distracted by how squint and messy looking her hair always is. It makes her look like she's really dirty adn unwashed for some reason. :?
I unsubbed a while ago. Her videos were incredibly boring, and I don't need to watch both her and Lily talk about the same things.

Return to “The Anna Edit”