roonil-wazlib
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Granna Edit - CapshulWardrobeButNoHeatingInMyFlat Pa

Post by roonil-wazlib »

stupidstupid wrote:
litnerd wrote:Holy shit. I paused today's video when she pulled up her book on her computer screen and read what was on the page. SO many grammatical errors, and just terribly written. This is after supposedly multiple edits? It's so bad.
Lol, I had to have a look and it's SO bad. The very first sentence... The awkward chattiness of it all... The phrase "part of the parcel"... Hope her publisher has a good editor/proofreader.
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.32.25.png
My god that is bad! It sounds like something an 8th grader would write for school for one of those assignments where you're meant to talk about what you've done for the day. Also, that first paragraph reads like a copy of a Buzzfeed article about "Things only people who grew up in the 90s will remember!".

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Ugh, the style reminds me of a mixture between highschoolers, who give an extra effort to appear smart in their own diary, those wanna-be youthful sounding stories on buzzfeed and the introduction of a Grey's Anatomy episode with a voice-over from Meredith :)

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

stupidstupid wrote:
litnerd wrote:Holy shit. I paused today's video when she pulled up her book on her computer screen and read what was on the page. SO many grammatical errors, and just terribly written. This is after supposedly multiple edits? It's so bad.
Lol, I had to have a look and it's SO bad. The very first sentence... The awkward chattiness of it all... The phrase "part of the parcel"... Hope her publisher has a good editor/proofreader.
Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 10.32.25.png
Wow that's not great :( I'd love to go into editing someday and am tempted to edit that page, send it to her, and be like "hire me, girl" lol
Also, I had an unconventional childhood, but that just makes her sound super privileged.

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

And this girls thinks she is qualified to write a book about organization and time management Image

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

lordofmisrule
Informer
Informer

Post by lordofmisrule »

Chuchi wrote:And this girls thinks she is qualified to write a book about organization and time management Image

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
She needs those brow hairs trimmed!

Lomididi
Talker
Talker

Post by Lomididi »

So Anna got the hotel room at Amsterdam for free, did she openly begged for it? Suck that we have to pay our hard earn money but these YouTubers get it for free. Still happy that they gave it to Anna than Lily. Ha ha

indiedreamer
Learner
Learner

Post by indiedreamer »

Anna's posted on her twitter and insta stories that there will be no newsletter or blog posts this week because she's too busy with final book edits. I've never edited a book (Doubt Anna's really doing all that much of it either) but you would think someone who's writing a book on organisation would be organised enough to balance multiple projects. This whole thing just drives me so crazy!!

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

Did she ever do a newsletter that would be published on the punctual date? I can not recall, actually :D
There is literally nothing I would liked to be advised from her (apart from dressing badly for my body shape with "chunky knits" and pretending to having a capsule wardrobe, where she is a clear expert on).

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

indiedreamer wrote:Anna's posted on her twitter and insta stories that there will be no newsletter or blog posts this week because she's too busy with final book edits. I've never edited a book (Doubt Anna's really doing all that much of it either) but you would think someone who's writing a book on organisation would be organised enough to balance multiple projects. This whole thing just drives me so crazy!!

She mentioned her "book" is about 80.000 words long yet she's been at it for a nearly a year? My dissertation for my masters was nearly 100.000 words, took me 3 months to research whilst working a full time job and 2 weeks to actually write (not having to work and I got a A), but I guess it must be difficult writing about a faux edited life when she can't even take an hour to write a newsletter yet she can pop into the drunk elephant event to justify all the freebies she gets! I don't dislike her as I dislike Lily but I find her so boring and it annoys me that she is writing about organisational tips when clearly she has no clue, or even that she'll be calling herself an author from now on when there are people out there , truly gifted at writing, yet they cannot get a publisher.

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

almostoverit wrote:
indiedreamer wrote:Anna's posted on her twitter and insta stories that there will be no newsletter or blog posts this week because she's too busy with final book edits. I've never edited a book (Doubt Anna's really doing all that much of it either) but you would think someone who's writing a book on organisation would be organised enough to balance multiple projects. This whole thing just drives me so crazy!!

She mentioned her "book" is about 80.000 words long yet she's been at it for a nearly a year? My dissertation for my masters was nearly 100.000 words, took me 3 months to research whilst working a full time job and 2 weeks to actually write (not having to work and I got a A), but I guess it must be difficult writing about a faux edited life when she can't even take an hour to write a newsletter yet she can pop into the drunk elephant event to justify all the freebies she gets! I don't dislike her as I dislike Lily but I find her so boring and it annoys me that she is writing about organisational tips when clearly she has no clue, or even that she'll be calling herself an author from now on when there are people out there , truly gifted at writing, yet they cannot get a publisher.
OT but your master's work was 400 pages?! many doctoral dissertations aren't even that long. that's insane!

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

Omg, I'm such an idiot, it was 100 pages not 100.000 words!!! lol. Still, now im wondering how many pages her books is going to be? :D Still, I won't be buying!

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

Gossgrl wrote:
almostoverit wrote:

OT but your master's work was 400 pages?! many doctoral dissertations aren't even that long. that's insane!
Omg, I'm such an idiot, it was 100 pages not 100.000 words!!! lol. Still, now im wondering how many pages her books is going to be? :D Still, I won't be buying!

belbeauty29
Talker
Talker

Post by belbeauty29 »

So she just posted on stories “they’ll be two new videos”. THEY’LL Anna, really?

Gossgrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Gossgrl »

almostoverit wrote:
Gossgrl wrote:
almostoverit wrote:

lmfao okay that makes sense. I did the math and at 400 pages in 2 weeks, you would've written almost 30 pages/day lmfao. Your fingers would have fallen off and your panel would've hated you for making them read that tome! No shade, I'm just writing my thesis right now and thought that was hilarious haha.
SS 12-pt font, 80,000 words is about 160 pages. fwiw, My thesis is going to be about 60-70 pages, pretty short, but it's taking me about a month of writing altogether while attending classes, and I researched for, like, 8 months (I might've gone overboard-- I get so scared to start writing bc I know it'll never live up to my vision for the project ugh-- just repeating to myself "it doesn't have to be perfect; it just has to be done" with every breath lol).

So I don't think 1 year is too long for a 150-200pp book. It actually strikes me as too quick to be revolutionary or really substantial.

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

Gossgrl wrote:
almostoverit wrote:
Gossgrl wrote:
almostoverit wrote:
indiedreamer wrote:Anna's posted on her twitter and insta stories that there will be no newsletter or blog posts this week because she's too busy with final book edits. I've never edited a book (Doubt Anna's really doing all that much of it either) but you would think someone who's writing a book on organisation would be organised enough to balance multiple

lmfao okay that makes sense. I did the math and at 400 pages in 2 weeks, you would've written almost 30 pages/day lmfao. Your fingers would have fallen off and your panel would've hated you for making them read that tome! No shade, I'm just writing my thesis right now and thought that was hilarious haha.
SS 12-pt font, 80,000 words is about 160 pages. fwiw, My thesis is going to be about 60-70 pages, pretty short, but it's taking me about a month of writing altogether while attending classes, and I researched for, like, 8 months (I might've gone overboard-- I get so scared to start writing bc I know it'll never live up to my vision for the project ugh-- just repeating to myself "it doesn't have to be perfect; it just has to be done" with every breath lol).

So I don't think 1 year is too long for a 150-200pp book. It actually strikes me as too quick to be revolutionary or really substantial.
Good luck with your thesis! it's definitely not going to be easy the first few days but just imagine how happy you'll be once it's done and it'll be such an achievement for you!

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

Aside from the fact that her newsletter rarely comes out on the day it’s supposed to, I’m just confused what life she’s organized? She doesn’t do much with friends (aside from a hen do or a karaoke night), her job is incredibly flexible, she really doesn’t travel a ton (and when she does, she’s rarely paying for anything herself), she doesn’t have hobbies (list making is NOT a hobby, Anna), doesn’t exercise aside from the weekly Pilates class (she’s obvs not training for any sort of long distance event because that shit is hard when you work 8 hours a day), she doesn’t have co-workers or work in an office. She’s not juggling a lot, honestly. And really? How to do a digital detox? I don’t need a chapter telling me to uninstall social media apps and turn off my phone 20 minutes before bed.

Post by Guest »

Poopettemetis wrote:Aside from the fact that her newsletter rarely comes out on the day it’s supposed to, I’m just confused what life she’s organized? She doesn’t do much with friends (aside from a hen do or a karaoke night), her job is incredibly flexible, she really doesn’t travel a ton (and when she does, she’s rarely paying for anything herself), she doesn’t have hobbies (list making is NOT a hobby, Anna), doesn’t exercise aside from the weekly Pilates class (she’s obvs not training for any sort of long distance event because that shit is hard when you work 8 hours a day), she doesn’t have co-workers or work in an office. She’s not juggling a lot, honestly. And really? How to do a digital detox? I don’t need a chapter telling me to uninstall social media apps and turn off my phone 20 minutes before bed.
The whole thing is a joke and she must be so deluded not to feel embarrassed, it just doesn't make sense to me. I think it came about because she seems to like making lists and kept going on about how much of an organised Virgo she is :? Anyway, your post reminded me of the time when she actually did train for some sort of marathon. I might be wrong as it was a while back: it wasn't a particularly long distance one but commendable nonetheless. Anna just did stuff back then, she's become a different person these last few years and I'm not quite sure why. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing being a semi-recluse but I wouldn't particularly want to broadcast it on social media lol.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

no_strings wrote:Is a stipulation of these Hello Fresh sponsorships that you have to shove the card in front of the camera? Bc I've noticed all these vloggers do it. You literally just showed us what it looks like after your hubby made it... Why do I need to see the card pic?

So sick of Hello Fresh. If I were to consider a service such as theirs, I would def choose a diff one. Such a turn-off.
There was a woman on the tram next to me today and she was writing with a HelloFresh biro. I was almost shocked since in my head it's just a silly brand that sold themselves out to bloggers/youtubers but nobody in real life actually uses them.
I do know that they are popular in some places, but these paid videos have made me numb towards the brand.

I think Anna and Mark are a bit more natural with it than Lily is. She just seems so desperate SEE I COOKED SOMETHING BASIC IN MY 10K POUND KITCHEN. LOOK. I'M A CHEF BECAUSE MY STOVE IS BIG AND I USED IT.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

saurusofha wrote:
no_strings wrote:Is a stipulation of these Hello Fresh sponsorships that you have to shove the card in front of the camera? Bc I've noticed all these vloggers do it. You literally just showed us what it looks like after your hubby made it... Why do I need to see the card pic?

So sick of Hello Fresh. If I were to consider a service such as theirs, I would def choose a diff one. Such a turn-off.
There was a woman on the tram next to me today and she was writing with a HelloFresh biro. I was almost shocked since in my head it's just a silly brand that sold themselves out to bloggers/youtubers but nobody in real life actually uses them.
I do know that they are popular in some places, but these paid videos have made me numb towards the brand.

I think Anna and Mark are a bit more natural with it than Lily is. She just seems so desperate SEE I COOKED SOMETHING BASIC IN MY 10K POUND KITCHEN. LOOK. I'M A CHEF BECAUSE MY STOVE IS BIG AND I USED IT.
I have used Hello Fresh a couple times (I'm in the US so it's been here for a while), only when a friend has given me a code for a free box and once again when they sent me like a 50% off code. Otherwise it's ridiculously overpriced.

saurusofha
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by saurusofha »

litnerd wrote:
saurusofha wrote:

I have used Hello Fresh a couple times (I'm in the US so it's been here for a while), only when a friend has given me a code for a free box and once again when they sent me like a 50% off code. Otherwise it's ridiculously overpriced.
I think the concept is good for people who are trying to get into cooking home-made meals but it does seem expensive and I'm really put off by the waste. In no shape or form do I think it's okay for a tbsp of curry paste or soy sauce to be in its own indvidual plastic sachet. I've seen some bloggers brag like 'Look, you don't have any waste since you only get what you need!' but you could also buy a small bottle of or jar of the stuff and use it in other things. Y'know, using a HelloFresh recipe you really liked but buying the items yourself. Or learning from their recipes and using the things in other recipes or for marinades, etc. For example I love green curry, so I buy a small jar of the paste, it lasts a long time in the fridge and I can throw together a curry sauce usually from the stuff in my pantry already. Soy sauce, fish sauce, thai basil leaves, coconut milk and the paste. Then I just add whatever veg or protein I've got in my fridge
- not that hard, less wasteful than individually plastic wrapped ingredients for 1.5 meals.

Anyway totally OT. Anyone else put off by the DrunkElephant/SpaceNK spam on insta these past few days? I feel like it is tainting DE's image more than helping it tbh.

Return to “The Anna Edit”