ViviannaDoesMakeup

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: ViviannaDoesMakeup

Post by ima »

giggleimsoweird wrote:i actually think the decline in quality of her content and her stick-to-her-guns attitude about red eyeshadow and the like are just a passive aggressive fuck you to her haters

as I mentioned a few posts above I was shocked about the lack of interaction with her subscribers/readers on Twitter despite her saying at the bottom of her youtube description box that she doesn't reply on youtube 'because the comments are all over the place.' Great way to keep in touch with your readers, anna.

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

I find it strange that the people she follows on youtube and says she takes her inspiration for her red eyeshadow from are the total opposite of her - Jacelyn Hill, Nikkie Tutorials etc. All of these are heavy on the makeup front something that Anna isn't!

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

giggleimsoweird wrote:i actually think the decline in quality of her content and her stick-to-her-guns attitude about red eyeshadow and the like are just a passive aggressive fuck you to her haters
100%!

FairyDust1000
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by FairyDust1000 »

Her new video had somewhat better lighting. She must read this as there wasn't a overly orange eye look & she put a tiny bit more effort into the video but doing cut aways.

But I still think she is slacking a lot. There are so many girls on YouTube that would love to be in her place. I follow lots that don't even have 5,000 subs & they make more of an afford with lighting.

z0negirl
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by z0negirl »

nervousbeachgoer wrote:I don't know whether it's that she's having a bit of a blogging crisis and has lost enthusiasm or maybe she is working on something big and not mentioning it but her content has been so lazy and boring for months now it feels like there must be something going on with her.
Early on, I thought it was something health-related. Now I'm beginning to think there is some type of upcoming major change. It's too bad she can't balance work and life, if it weren't for her appearances in Lily's vlogs - I'd forget all about her.

bobloblaw
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by bobloblaw »

I like her but I find it annoying that she's been raving about that Fairy Drops mascara for weeks but doesn't include it in her high-end kit? Even though it's the best mascara ever, according to her. I mean she obviously loved it if she was shilling it with a code for cult beauty...right? :roll:

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima »

^ I don't think it necessarily counts as high end... more of just a foreign brand which isn't readily available in the UK...

I think her make-up looks really nice in the new video, though. More like that please anna.

toulouse1
Learner
Learner

Post by toulouse1 »

That Aspinal bag is 390 euros (!), does she honestly think her audience can afford that? Not even mentioning how ugly it is, you can buy something similar at Zara for like 40 euros. It clearly is a pr sample, I've seen hello october mentioning the same brand and claiming she bought the bag herself. Shady, shady youtubers.

sgirl1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sgirl1 »

toulouse1 wrote:That Aspinal bag is 390 euros (!), does she honestly think her audience can afford that? Not even mentioning how ugly it is, you can buy something similar at Zara for like 40 euros. It clearly is a pr sample, I've seen hello october mentioning the same brand and claiming she bought the bag herself. Shady, shady youtubers.
Fleurdeforce has one that's 595pounds IIRC. That's even more ridiculous considering you could get a nice Prada bag for slightly more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cestverity
Learner
Learner

Post by cestverity »

I was watching a few of Anna's old vlogs yesterday, and I think it was in the last one that she said she's "having a beauty moment." Really? Really, Anna? If she's having such a beauty moment, why her videos so uninspired? I just miss her old vlogs :( Like the ones at the very beginning-- the trip to Brighton, the Arctic Monkeys concert. I'm glad that she did a "boyfriend does my makeup" recently at least, because I've been missing videos with Mark as well.

At this point, I'm losing hope! I used to love Anna, but she's been such a letdown lately. I'm glad that Lily is picking up the slack on the vlogging front, but I'm still tempted to unsubscribe from Anna. I think I'm going to go unsubscribe now and then I'll check back in a month or so and just watch the videos that interest me. I don't think I can bear to see another monthly favorites or red eyeshadow look from Anna in my feed!

shut_up_este
Talker
Talker

Post by shut_up_este »

What's up with her latest blogpost about 'drugstore skin care'. I live in Canada and while some of those brands can be found at the drug store they are very high end. It is just so boring and typical of her to praise drug store skincare and then pick the most expensive stuff there.

Way to be one with the people, Anna.

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by badbitchlikethis »

I really don't understand what's her deal. She seems to take Youtube and her blog pretty seriously (albeit how boring everything is), so if her viewers are dying for the blogs, what's stopping her from doing them again? She acts like vlogging again will be the end of the world. She better listen to her viewers complaints, I think repetition and loss of interest is going to be MANY of these "beauty gurus" downfall.

Return to “The Anna Edit”