VelvetGlutt0N - DIY almost as disastrous as her diet [Part 57]

Re: VelvetGlutt0N - DIY almost as disastrous as her diet [Part 57]

Post by Guest »

She's one of those vloggers that you KNOW could have made something of themselves, but chose to not pursue anything. I wasn't subbed for a while, then was happy for her moving back to Brighton..not that she does anything. I first followed her when she first lived there and had done a video with Hobbie. She seemed so vibrant, interesting, full of potential... She can sing. I wish she'd get better and jump into performing. I'm sad watching her creating work for herself at home.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by moonlightpixie »

How can she say she has depression ?? She has never been to a therapist. She has told us in a video that she's booked an appointment with a therapist like 3 times already but she refuses to visit them when that day comes. :| :|
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Post by Guest »

moonlightpixie wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:03 am
How can she say she has depression ?? She has never been to a therapist. She has told us in a video that she's booked an appointment with a therapist like 3 times already but she refuses to visit them when that day comes. :| :|
Oh man, I'd have to go back in time several years for this one. In the 2015-ish realm, but on her vlog channel, she was going to a therapist and didn't keep it up. I thought it was so sad that she was thinking about going to Uni for singing and had that awesome London flat (the original one with all the brick). It's just one of those memories that comes back when I think of who she is.

The new desk tour though. She shouldn't have shown all those sweets and carbs in the video.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by GetRichFromLies »

The whole time she lived in London she didn't do anything with her life either, I don't see that as her 'happy time'. She would have done flat makeovers all the time if she wasn't renting, as it was she kept buying expensive furniture that's since been thrown away. She wanted to spend all her time partying and going on holidays, but it seems her friends like the twins found her an annoying drunk - true, they didn't drink at all, but from the sounds of it Gabby was wasted before they left the flat, and a couple of times they had to leave the club early as she was too drunk to stand. She posted a vlog once where she's in the bathroom at a club with the twins and she's drunk and so annoying, and no one wanted to go on holiday with her, the twins, Hannah - they all had their own friends to go abroad with. I think Gabby just literally wanted a lifestyle where all she does is party, drink, go on expensive holidays, and have a luxury instagrammable flat. She's never really been bothered about being a singer, unless that all fell in to her lap. She's not that bothered about being a youtuber either, seeing as she threw away the primark deal, and never went on any trips. She could have been to SO many places abroad if she wanted to on PR trips, and the irony is, they all get really drunk and have a good time on them. But mostly they're for growing your brand and followers. She's missed out.

Post by Guest »

she did NOT just call herself an overachiever LMAO. she lacks self awareness to such a high degree, I can't even believe it.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Gabby's video about Amazon - 'it's SO amazing and I'm a prime customer so I get next day delivery, which is like wow'

This is not even sponsored! She genuinely thinks this is a good thing. A company that can only have low prices and next day delivery by treating staff like they're in a sweatshop, under-paying them and overworking them, even to the point of literal collapse. And this company doesn't even pay any tax in the UK!

So many people are trying their hardest to boycott Amazon, and she's happily promoting them for free and marvelling over their quick order turnaround. Is she thick or what??

I mean, you don't need to answer, really.

reflexgold
Wanderer
Wanderer
Been thanked: 0

Post by reflexgold »

agirlwillbequeen wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:13 am
Welshgal97 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:25 am
Pleased to see her tweeting about having a therapy appointment booked, just hope she takes it seriously and sticks to it for long enough to learn from it
A therapist won't exactly critique but may offer suggestions for her to sort her self out and that won't go down well. I see an angry tweet in her future.
She will cry and her mum will come running...with food to make it all better.

reflexgold
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by reflexgold »

lefargen97 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:19 pm
she is so impulsive with her apartment choices, and that's part of the reason why she does makeovers all the time (the other reason being she has no other content.) if she planned out things in advance, documented that process, and then did the makeover exactly like she wanted, it would save her so much time and money. i have never met anyone in my life who redoes their entire house on a weekly basis, it's seriously strange.
But that’s the thing, she’s not really ever renovating anything (knocking down walls, replacing old windows. To her, a bedroom makeover is merely getting a new pillowcase and a bathroom reno=new toothbrush.
Sigh

nelly_w
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by nelly_w »

I haven't looked at GabbaGabs thread or videos in years. Has much changed?!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

nelly_w wrote:I haven't looked at GabbaGabs thread or videos in years. Has much changed?!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Nope I don’t think you did to be fair. She is still pottering around her flat getting deliveries and cooking an odd meal here and there. Also, she is renovating which is never ending and is getting exhaustingly repetitive. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celery16
Learner
Learner

Post by Celery16 »

Surprise surprise, her therapy session was the worst experience of her life and she’s never met such a horrible judgemental woman, and it’s unfathomable to her how this woman is supposed to help people. Her post-therapy Instagram story about this is SO predictable. I’m sure there are good and bad therapists, but I would have been really surprised if she had posted anything other than this self pitying negative rant, regardless of which therapist she saw. I think she must have had no idea about what therapy actually is. Did she expect arselicking and instant results?

Post by Guest »

who wants to bet this "judgmental, horrible" therapist simply pointed out some of her negative behaviors and she took it as a personal attack. going to therapy requires putting in work to better yourself and acknowledging some of your own toxicity, and she can not handle that. if someone disagrees with her or calls her out, she cuts them out of her life. this is why the only people she interacts with are her mom, her cat, and postal delivery men. she will never take any accountability for her shitty life and that's why it's so miserable.

sidenote, this public blasting reminds me of when she would tweet passive aggressive things about her neighbors and then they posted about her online and she backtracked and deleted all of her tweets. they also exposed her for doing nothing all day and having no friends. I know no therapist would respond to her childish temper tantrum, but she puts everyone on blast all the time. maybe learn how to deal with matters privately like an adult???

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

I am not surprised at all by her reaction. What did she expect a therapist would do? Hold her hand and tell her that she was a good person and it was just this evil world around her that was at fault? I am certain she just didn’t wanna hear the truth about her actions and about ways she could improve herself. What a coincidence that she got that one bad therapist, that one time all the women in workout class didn’t pick her, those friends she no longer sees were treated her terribly...the list goes on. Does she ever question maybe it’s her and not EVERY single person in her life that is in the wrong? She’s so immature and childish it’s beyond my understanding!

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

And she deleted those posts from Twitter because she did’t like some of the real opinions she was receiving!

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

Timtamtamara wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:44 pm
And she deleted those posts from Twitter because she did’t like some of the real opinions she was receiving! Image

sew sew predictable! why does she ever bother? she is a mess and blames everyone for everything instead of herself. She deserves to have a crappy life
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

agirlwillbequeen
Debater
Debater

Post by agirlwillbequeen »

agirlwillbequeen wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:13 am
Welshgal97 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:25 am
Pleased to see her tweeting about having a therapy appointment booked, just hope she takes it seriously and sticks to it for long enough to learn from it
A therapist won't exactly critique but may offer suggestions for her to sort her self out and that won't go down well. I see an angry tweet in her future.
Whey hey hey, I predicted the therapy wouldn't go down well! She is so predictable.

Therapy is hard, it makes you reflect internally at your own shortcomings as well as look at external issues, taking your mummy with you Gabs ... such a brave girl. The therapist will need therapy after unpicking Gabbys mind so she's done her a favour by rejecting her services.

GetRichFromLies
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Such a vicious circle, Gabby needs therapy or she'll never be able to hold down a friendship or relationship, but she hates any kind of criticism and wants to dump her therapist straight away. She's always overreacted, her instincts are very childish, and that's what she needs to work on! Her whole response to the therapy is her EXACT problem.

I can't wait to hear the video about this, because I bet the therapist said nothing out of the ordinary. It's very unlikely that a therapist would set out to belittle their client, they need the money, but they're not going to just tell their client what they want to hear. There's always a small chance the therapist really was bad, but Gabby should have done the research and checked out her credentials. I had a really bad one at uni, he just used the same generic advice each week and never remembered things I'd told him, so it is POSSIBLE she's telling the truth, but also knowing her as we do, she probably freaked out at someone holding a mirror up to her hideous behaviour.

She should see someone else and start the session with - "I've redecorated my flat 90 times since moving in less than a year ago." And start from this window in to her troubled psyche.

saywhatyouwant2me
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwant2me »

This mean therapist story is sketchy (not that I need to point that out). I've had CBT for anxiety which I acknowledge is different to the therapy Gabby went for but I'll put my neck on the line and assume the first session was not too dissimilar and was probably the therapist just trying to categorise Gabby and work out what she wants to achieve. I highly doubt she had much to say about a patient she was meeting for the first time. So much to say, in fact, that she's the most horrible and judgemental person Gabby has met!

Even if a professional was to dive in like that, she'd barely know anything about Gabby to be *that* judgemental.

She probably mildly suggested Gabby was narcissistic or something and she flipped.

Rosie34567
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Rosie34567 »

Jfc she needs a hobby or a job or something...she's changing her hair AGAIN.

Gabby: Wants to dye hair (again) for the millionth time
also Gabby: Is obsessive/controlling about her hair choices
also Gabby: Shows hairdresser 4 completely different hair colors
also Gabby: Is obsessive, but also decides to let her hairdresser pick her hair color for her (from a selection of very different colors)
also Gabby: Is inevitably underwhelmed/disappointed by her hair (after she let her hairstylist pick it)
also Gabby: Usually changes hair every few weeks, but goes with hair color that will take 6 MONTHS to complete

She's a wreck. Also she wouldn't have time to constantly obsess over her hair if she had actual things going on in her life.

staedtler
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by staedtler »

Rosie34567 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:56 pm
Jfc she needs a hobby or a job or something...she's changing her hair AGAIN.

Gabby: Wants to dye hair (again) for the millionth time
also Gabby: Is obsessive/controlling about her hair choices
also Gabby: Shows hairdresser 4 completely different hair colors
also Gabby: Is obsessive, but also decides to let her hairdresser pick her hair color for her (from a selection of very different colors)
also Gabby: Is inevitably underwhelmed/disappointed by her hair (after she let her hairstylist pick it)
also Gabby: Usually changes hair every few weeks, but goes with hair color that will take 6 MONTHS to complete

She's a wreck. Also she wouldn't have time to constantly obsess over her hair if she had actual things going on in her life.

Can she for once commit to something? Changing your hair is a fun experience if you have the money. She doesn't have anything major coming up, her hair CAN look like shit for 6 months, because there is nothing going on that requires a professional appearance. I hope she actually sticks to something this time around, even if it's something as frivolous as a hair colour change. She also seems to be one of those people who thinks hair change = life change. No Gabbs, you need to sit down and figure out what you want to do with your life, make a plan and stick to it. I wish her well, despite her shortcomings and awful behaviour 80% of the time, I still have a soft spot for Gabby. I don't want karma to get her, I want her to be honest with herself and work on her self improvement. Alivia D'Andrea has a whole channel dedicated to bettering herself and it brings in so many views (not mine, not into that kind of content), Gabby could definitely try that sort of thing out.

Return to “Gabriella”