Gabby Eat Tweet Delete - Velvet Irrelevant (Part 52)

SallyCinnamon
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Re: Gabby Eat Tweet Delete - Velvet Irrelevant (Part 52)

Post by SallyCinnamon »

I lost 5 stone naturally, but had loose skin - I think it's rare not to have any when you lose a lot, and I had one skin tightening op on my stomach. It wasn't a walk in the park, so I'm kind of impressed that she got the works to be honest. I hope that this video is the turning point for her now, and that she enjoys life a lot more. The only thing I find sad is that she may have messed her stomach up for life. And she really should persevere with vegetables, because her diet is really not good,

kittensnout

Post by kittensnout »

Waterbottle12 wrote:
ima wrote:all that £££ ln surgery (although it sounds like the gastric was nhs) and she actually doesn't look any better, the scars :/
How to you know that she doesn't look better?! You see her completely naked?
Did you even watch the video? Did you see the pictures? Would you feel good and beautiful and self conscious with looking like that? Specially when you've been bullied for such a long time?!

I don't think that people on her really understand what bullying does to people.
Maybe the surgey was a "lazy" way - but it was the best and fastest way for her to like herself. I don't doubt that she had suicidal thoughts. That's nothing to joke about. That's serious. She could be dead. And wheter you like a person or not - that's aweful!

You know how much time it takes for you to loose weight? Specially THAT much weight?
Maybe it's okay and duable for people who got support. Who have lots of friends who support them . But Gabby didn't have any friends. She's been bullyed for AGES and I can't blame her for trying the easiest and fastest way to somehow learn to love herself again before anything happens. And though it's not always about the look - for her it was.

I think people on this thread are to deep in this "Gabby Hate" that they forget everything else.
wtf are you doing on this thread then?

hally34
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by hally34 »

ElizaGolightly wrote:
xfreyaah wrote:Just want to preface this by saying that I am not a Gabby fan at all, and find most of her behaviour incredibly childish and annoying, but...

I just want to say how disgusted I am by people saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out and that people who have them are essentially too lazy to lose weight by more conventional methods. It is just SUCH a narrow minded view, and is essentially equating weight with levels of diet and exercise. And whilst diet/exercise are undoubtedly important in determining your weight, there are SO many other factors involved. Gender, genes, age, puberty, pregnancy, general health etc. And I think that by saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out, I see that as a form of fat shaming, essentially. Who can blame someone for hiding the fact they had surgery when you get judged and get responses like "you're just really lazy and wanted the easy option". I just think it's very narrow minded and such a hurtful attitude to have.

Also, why judge her for having surgery? She incredibly down about her weight, which I don't doubt, and she did something that would make her feel better about herself. She's not harming other people by doing that, and I don't judge her for it.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

I agree 100%!!! As someone who has struggled with weight and has gained and lost large amounts of weight multiple times, I can understand how Gabby got to the point where she felt surgery was her only option. Being extremely overweight doesn't just happen because you are lazy and sit around eating cheeseburgers all day. There is either a physical health problem, or a mental health problem. Not everyone can just join a gym and drop the weight.

I don't support much of Gabby's behavior, but I think it was really brave of her to talk about and post photos of what she's been through. That took some guts to admit to all those surgeries, especially because she knew there were going to be people accusing her of "taking the easy way out."
But she was only 18 when she had the gastric sleeve. That just seems so so young to me to have such a life changing and risky operation. Your metabolism hasn't even settled by then. Rather than her dietician giving her weight loss pills and referring her to a surgeon, they should have referred to councelling to work through the underlying issues. As clearly evident now, Gabby is still deeply unhappy with herself and no amount of surgery will fix that. Hopefully from here on out we will see Gabby work to better herself internally. The weight of this big secret will have effected her alot and given her alot of anxiety, as it would anybody, and could be the reason she has fallen out with so many friends over the years.

Paddington_Bear
Informer
Informer

Post by Paddington_Bear »

moonlightpixie wrote:

agree. she also mentioned that she's against any kind of diet because it takes too much effort for her. Surgery isn't the only option,she didn't even try to get rid of the saggy skin she went straight to another operation.[/quote]

Just my experience. If lose weight slowly and with exercise you don't get saggy skin. This girl is all about instant results and £1000s on surgery is the consequence.

_TheJudge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _TheJudge »

Her dietician should have never given her diet pills and referred her to a surgeon. They should have referred her to a therapist to speak in-depth about her issues. Diet pills are a huge bucket of shit anyway and I'm surprised a dietician even prescribed them.

Andre7033
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Andre7033 »

I actually support her decision. She is a very damaged girl, and it wouldn't be easy for anyone to admit to the world hey I got a lot of surgery because I had suicidal tendencies and got bullied due to my weight. She paid for it herself. When you lose so much weight so fast there's literally no other way to get rid of the extra saggy skin than with surgery. So for those of you calling her lazy, shame on you. She is lazy, but in this instance she couldn't do anything else to get rid of the skin.

I just hope she is able to keep the weight off and starts eating healthy. I don't like her and I think she has a lot of mental health issues, but props to her for being brave enough to even post pics in this video. Hope this heals some of her self esteem issues.

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

moonlightpixie wrote:
slap wrote:
slap wrote:We need a new thread! Any name suggestions?
Okay, I'm going to start :p

Velvetlip0 - How I lied through my teeth...again.

:P

:respekt: Velvetsurgery - Gabby, Oranges and Lipo.

Velvetlip0 - Gabby, Oranges and Surgery?
:D :D
Last edited by slap on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

hally34 wrote:
ElizaGolightly wrote:
xfreyaah wrote:Just want to preface this by saying that I am not a Gabby fan at all, and find most of her behaviour incredibly childish and annoying, but...

I just want to say how disgusted I am by people saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out and that people who have them are essentially too lazy to lose weight by more conventional methods. It is just SUCH a narrow minded view, and is essentially equating weight with levels of diet and exercise. And whilst diet/exercise are undoubtedly important in determining your weight, there are SO many other factors involved. Gender, genes, age, puberty, pregnancy, general health etc. And I think that by saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out, I see that as a form of fat shaming, essentially. Who can blame someone for hiding the fact they had surgery when you get judged and get responses like "you're just really lazy and wanted the easy option". I just think it's very narrow minded and such a hurtful attitude to have.

Also, why judge her for having surgery? She incredibly down about her weight, which I don't doubt, and she did something that would make her feel better about herself. She's not harming other people by doing that, and I don't judge her for it.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

I agree 100%!!! As someone who has struggled with weight and has gained and lost large amounts of weight multiple times, I can understand how Gabby got to the point where she felt surgery was her only option. Being extremely overweight doesn't just happen because you are lazy and sit around eating cheeseburgers all day. There is either a physical health problem, or a mental health problem. Not everyone can just join a gym and drop the weight.

I don't support much of Gabby's behavior, but I think it was really brave of her to talk about and post photos of what she's been through. That took some guts to admit to all those surgeries, especially because she knew there were going to be people accusing her of "taking the easy way out."
But she was only 18 when she had the gastric sleeve. That just seems so so young to me to have such a life changing and risky operation. Your metabolism hasn't even settled by then. Rather than her dietician giving her weight loss pills and referring her to a surgeon, they should have referred to councelling to work through the underlying issues. As clearly evident now, Gabby is still deeply unhappy with herself and no amount of surgery will fix that. Hopefully from here on out we will see Gabby work to better herself internally. The weight of this big secret will have effected her alot and given her alot of anxiety, as it would anybody, and could be the reason she has fallen out with so many friends over the years.

I think you are right in regards to her losing friends. Her insecurities will have made her push people away, we've all done it probably but with her I feel like she's super envious of everyone who she thinks are prettier than her. Zoe the twins they are all slim pretty girls but gabz sees herself as "a toe" as she always says (which is certainly not true) so she gets angry with herself and her friends because they seem happier and confident and seeing them like that just reinforces how completely unhappy she is

Lea

Post by Lea »

It seems she got a bit of puppy fat after puberty and it ended up with her getting bullied and comfort eating which put more weight on and it turns into a vicious cycle. The fact that she has had to have multiple major surgeries with blood transfusions and wounds feeling like they were going to split open (her description of the thigh surgery made me light-headed) just to be 'normal' and feel that she can start her life without the teenage weight-gain looming over her and negatively affecting her mental health is just horrific. It's easy to take for granted having a 'normal' sized body and never dealing with issues around food. I mean we all have things we dislike about ourselves, but to voluntarily put yourself through surgery after surgery to remove the physical and mental baggage of being overweight as a teen makes me have a newfound respect for her.

As for people saying gastric bands or sleeves are the 'lazy' way, I completely disagree. People don't get to being overweight or obese through just being indulgent and greedy, they develop dependency and addiction to the way it can numb emotion and comfort them. You wouldn't say an alcoholic or drug-addict who chooses to go into rehab to remove outside temptation as doing it the lazy way, so why is a physical preventive measure to over-consuming food the lazy way?

gg-saz
Informer
Informer

Post by gg-saz »

Whats the saddest part is Gabby had no one but Jane visiting her through all of this. I get that she probably didn't tell Zoe, not sure about Hobbie, but Ellie and Hannah seemed to know. If they were such good friends, why weren't they visiting her when she couldn't leave her house?

Waterbottle12
Learner
Learner

Post by Waterbottle12 »

kittensnout wrote:
Waterbottle12 wrote:
ima wrote:all that £££ ln surgery (although it sounds like the gastric was nhs) and she actually doesn't look any better, the scars :/
How to you know that she doesn't look better?! You see her completely naked?
Did you even watch the video? Did you see the pictures? Would you feel good and beautiful and self conscious with looking like that? Specially when you've been bullied for such a long time?!

I don't think that people on her really understand what bullying does to people.
Maybe the surgey was a "lazy" way - but it was the best and fastest way for her to like herself. I don't doubt that she had suicidal thoughts. That's nothing to joke about. That's serious. She could be dead. And wheter you like a person or not - that's aweful!

You know how much time it takes for you to loose weight? Specially THAT much weight?
Maybe it's okay and duable for people who got support. Who have lots of friends who support them . But Gabby didn't have any friends. She's been bullyed for AGES and I can't blame her for trying the easiest and fastest way to somehow learn to love herself again before anything happens. And though it's not always about the look - for her it was.

I think people on this thread are to deep in this "Gabby Hate" that they forget everything else.
wtf are you doing on this thread then?
Stating my opinion on the video. I don't like everything she does but I'm allowed to have a different opinion about the video - Thank you very much.

bringiton1
Learner
Learner

Post by bringiton1 »

megx wrote:Did she have these surgeries in 2015? I couldn't keep up with the time frame she was giving in the video but I didn't think she'd be allowed to do 2 flights (Germany and then New York) with the scarring and stuff but she obviously was allowed to

Sent from my android x
Decided to make a timeline!

Pre-2012 - Seeing dietician, on diet pills

2012 - Gastric sleeve surgery

January 2015 - Lipo on hips and thighs.

April 2015 - Tummy tuck

August 2015 - Thigh lift

December 2015 - Boob job and excess skin removal on arms

March 2016 - Butt lift

It'll be interesting to go back to previous threads around the time she had the surgeries to see if anyone had any suspicions about them. I definitely think a few were guessed as she'd have her mysterious hiatus' from twitter for a few days then slowly come back and start posting selfies again that looked like she'd had something done!

AcidNation
Learner
Learner

Post by AcidNation »

xfreyaah wrote:"Yeah I can because I feel like that most days and I've struggled with v similar weight issues to gabz. In my opinion it's a lazy way out its fine for you to disagree"

Just because you've struggled with your weight, does not mean that your weight issues were similar to Gabby. That's the point you're missing. Just because diet and exercise works for one person does not mean it will necessarily work for another.
She was 18 for godsake. Losing weight is basic math (aside from some medical conditions); you consume less energy than your body expends. Yes she probably mentally was struggling as she even admits, but she should have been seeing a therapist alongside a nutritionist. I just can't comprehend why you would want to just jump straight to surgery when you have only been prescribed diet pills beforehand? Yes, her nutritionist shouldn't have put her on them but I just can't wrap my head around why she just didn't put in effort to lose the weight herself and spend all that money when it's solved by eating less and exercising. Hell, you don't even need to exercise. Just eat less!

Loose skin however, is a different story. I have no issue with people getting surgery to fix that because I can imagine how that must feel having to carry that around everyday mentally and physically.

kittensnout

Post by kittensnout »

She should have kept all this wacko bullshit to herself. What kind of impression is this on young people? Don't like your body? Well then surgically enhance it! No thanks, I'd rather live with what I have. It's just a vessel that carries me to death and keeps me alive, I don't want to fuck with it, I'm proud of what I have.

There wasn't even any real need to address it, or to lie about it. She just wanted to store it all up so she could make a big deal out of it and get some £££ for her pathetic story. It's about as bad as going to a gossip magazine and selling your story. Now all her little minions are going to obsess about that little bit of muffin top and spend all their time wanting surgery.

Gabby has no class what-so-ever.

emr
Learner
Learner

Post by emr »

I actually feel so sad for Gabbs, makes me see her in a new light. I had always seen the speculation on here, but not really believed it.
It's so sad that she had to go through that without really any support except for her family/mum.
I hope she can finally find some happiness now she's come clean about it and can be honest now.
She clearly reads this thread, so good luck with things Gabbs, I think most people here would have sympathised with you if you had been honest from the beginning!

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

kittensnout wrote:She should have kept all this wacko bullshit to herself. What kind of impression is this on young people? Don't like your body? Well then surgically enhance it! No thanks, I'd rather live with what I have. It's just a vessel that carries me to death and keeps me alive, I don't want to fuck with it, I'm proud of what I have.

There wasn't even any real need to address it, or to lie about it. She just wanted to store it all up so she could make a big deal out of it and get some £££ for her pathetic story. It's about as bad as going to a gossip magazine and selling your story. Now all her little minions are going to obsess about that little bit of muffin top and spend all their time wanting surgery.

Gabby has no class what-so-ever.
I think that's great you are proud of your body but it's not the same for everyone and clearly wasn't/isn't for Gobz.
You make me think of GIS with the venom you're spitting! :P

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

http://gurugossiper.com/viewtopic.php?f=199&t=28081

we can continue here first time I make a gabby thread! :D
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Eevee+
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Eevee+ »

hollythinks wrote:I haven't posted here in ages because of all the recent GG drama and wondering whether to bother carrying on contributing. But it seems as if things have settled down now and I just can't keep quiet about Gabz for long! ;)

Well, we all called it ages ago! I'm in two minds about it really. On the one hand I'm sympathetic towards her and appreciate that she saved up and paid for the surgery herself and, I mean, who wouldn't do the same thing if they were in her position? Fair play to her.

BUT, I feel like so many times she's given the impression that her weight loss was 100% her own hard work and dedication. She's bragged about losing weight numerous times and was never forced to talk about it, yet she's created this completely false impression which I think is deceptive and unfair to her loyal viewers.

So basically, I don't berate her for having the surgery (like I said, if that was me and I had the dosh I would do the exact same thing) but I definitely berate her for acting as if she lost the weight naturally, and accepting praise from people who believed her to be inspirational and dedicated to being healthy. The end.
Completely agree with this, she always gave the illusion she had accomplished the weight loss on her own. I don't have a new found respect or see her in a new light, to me she's just taken steps towards something that would make her happy, but lied the entire time.

tumblrbasix24
Learner
Learner

Post by tumblrbasix24 »

awayfromthecrowds wrote:I wonder if this is the reason why she isn't friends with Lucy and Lydia anymore, because they wanted her to be more honest with her viewers about her weight surgery. But she just kept getting more and more surgery :/
Tbh her surgeries are her business only and the twins have no right to but in.

tumblrbasix24
Learner
Learner

Post by tumblrbasix24 »

moonlightpixie wrote:
who boo wrote:it is lazy for someone like gabby no one said it in regards to other exceptions. She is young and perfectly capable of getting out there and exercising and eating right and helpin herself rather than having life risking surgery. Why anyone would want to have operations when they don't need to is beyond me and yes she's lazy for having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree. she also mentioned that she's against any kind of diet because it takes too much effort for her. Surgery isn't the only option,she didn't even try to get rid of the saggy skin she went straight to another operation.
No, I think you're misinterpreting her words. By diet she means fad diets that become popular and do nothing besides being unhealthy.

Return to “Gabriella”