Gabby Eat Tweet Delete - Velvet Irrelevant (Part 52)

megx
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Gabby Eat Tweet Delete - Velvet Irrelevant (Part 52)

Post by megx »

I respect her for putting that up but I'm in shock at how much surgery she's put herself through in such a short amount of time

Sent from my android x

ellemay
Stalker
Stalker

Post by ellemay »

Looooong time lurker, first time poster blah blah blah (I followed gabby before she even started youtube and had though about posting here multiple times before but today was the final straw)

Although it's kinda obvious that she had surgery (i mean everyone on here called it anyway) I can't believe she's finally come out and admitted it. But what I can't believe even more is that her minions are still supporting her (#westandwithvelvetgh0st ugh) after she lied through her teeth for so long about how she 'naturally' lost weight - anyone else remember when she told her young viewers she lost weight through starving herself?! She should've just been honest from day one (i don't care how embarrased she was, surely thats better than lying and giving terrible advice to her young and impressionable fans??).

Can I also just say it's amazing how she's spent so much money (or the NHS' money) on losing weight with the hopes of it making her happier when in reality she's still not happy and probably never will be. I guess that really does show you that money doesn't buy happiness.

(I hope I'm posting this correctly hahah :tu: )

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

it is lazy for someone like gabby no one said it in regards to other exceptions. She is young and perfectly capable of getting out there and exercising and eating right and helpin herself rather than having life risking surgery. Why anyone would want to have operations when they don't need to is beyond me and yes she's lazy for having it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

She's had SO many operations and yet she's still not happy with her life.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

hally34
Debater
Debater

Post by hally34 »

kittensnout wrote:New video is a load of old self indulgent crap. Can't believe this stupid airhead has put herself through so many surgeries to get rid of a bit of chunk and wasted NHS money on pure vanity. It just boils my blood because I've had surgery after surgery to remove my bladder after cancer then I got hit by a car that tore the muscles and ligaments in my leg. I still walk around showing off my scars and my size 16 shape because I can't physically exercise then this bitch is sat here going on about all those surgeries she lied about and hid.

I'm not jealous, I think it's fucking disturbing to want SO much surgery. She's trying to get attention for something she's put herself through, something she felt was necessary but was pure vanity. It's not even like she was horrifically burned or something, nope, she just shoved all these unnecessary surgeries into one year so she can look like a photoshopped model.

All this surgery and she still shoves pizza down her chunky self indulgent face and wastes all that money that was spent on her and her inability to eat a fucking salad. People like her must have missed out on evolution.
too be fair though, she paid for it all, it wasn't on the NHS. I do think the original gastric sleeve was a short cut and a mad thing to do when your only 18. She's messed up her stomach for the rest of her life now. She should have worked harder at healing her problems with over eating rather than shortcutting past it with surgery. All the lipo afterwards and the getting rid of the excess skin i can understand. I feel like if she had lost the weight without the gatric sleeve and then had the lipo, i would be supportive of that and completely understand it. Like you've worked so hard losing the weight and then you are stuck with excess skin and fat that won't shift. That would suck.

This at least explains why she was going through all these long periods of not going out, being in her pyjamas and her mum being there all the time. Hopefully now she has had all the major surgery, we will see a happier gabby who will put herself out there more and make the most of all the opportunities she gets. I just really hope this was all worth it.

I wonder if the twins will do any kind of public acknowledgement of the video :?

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

Hmmm..

SHE EATS SO MUCH SHIT THOUGH.

PenguinBoo
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by PenguinBoo »

I honestly expected a coming out video..... How the hell did she keep all that quiet... :o

heya
Debater
Debater

Post by heya »

kittensnout wrote:New video is a load of old self indulgent crap. Can't believe this stupid airhead has put herself through so many surgeries to get rid of a bit of chunk and wasted NHS money on pure vanity. It just boils my blood because I've had surgery after surgery to remove my bladder after cancer then I got hit by a car that tore the muscles and ligaments in my leg. I still walk around showing off my scars and my size 16 shape because I can't physically exercise then this bitch is sat here going on about all those surgeries she lied about and hid.

I'm not jealous, I think it's fucking disturbing to want SO much surgery. She's trying to get attention for something she's put herself through, something she felt was necessary but was pure vanity. It's not even like she was horrifically burned or something, nope, she just shoved all these unnecessary surgeries into one year so she can look like a photoshopped model.

All this surgery and she still shoves pizza down her chunky self indulgent face and wastes all that money that was spent on her and her inability to eat a fucking salad. People like her must have missed out on evolution.
Tbh she did say she saved and paid for all the operations herself. I agree with the last bit, she should know better with what she is eating etc after all of the things she's went through to get thinner. If she wants to get the operations fair enough its her choice, she paid. Don't blame her for hiding it for so long though, its quite a lot to take in. She didn't have to make the video after all.

_TheJudge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _TheJudge »

I actually feel really sorry for her. While her diet is atrocious I can completely understand why it is that way. Comfort eating is a thing. Aside from that she must have been so uncomfortable with herself to pay thousands of pounds for multiple surgeries. I actually can't believe how many she's had.

Props to her for admitting it and I hope she apologises (haven't watched the full video yet) to the people she called names for calling her out.

megx
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by megx »

Did she have these surgeries in 2015? I couldn't keep up with the time frame she was giving in the video but I didn't think she'd be allowed to do 2 flights (Germany and then New York) with the scarring and stuff but she obviously was allowed to

Sent from my android x

ElizaGolightly
Learner
Learner

Post by ElizaGolightly »

xfreyaah wrote:Just want to preface this by saying that I am not a Gabby fan at all, and find most of her behaviour incredibly childish and annoying, but...

I just want to say how disgusted I am by people saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out and that people who have them are essentially too lazy to lose weight by more conventional methods. It is just SUCH a narrow minded view, and is essentially equating weight with levels of diet and exercise. And whilst diet/exercise are undoubtedly important in determining your weight, there are SO many other factors involved. Gender, genes, age, puberty, pregnancy, general health etc. And I think that by saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out, I see that as a form of fat shaming, essentially. Who can blame someone for hiding the fact they had surgery when you get judged and get responses like "you're just really lazy and wanted the easy option". I just think it's very narrow minded and such a hurtful attitude to have.

Also, why judge her for having surgery? She incredibly down about her weight, which I don't doubt, and she did something that would make her feel better about herself. She's not harming other people by doing that, and I don't judge her for it.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

I agree 100%!!! As someone who has struggled with weight and has gained and lost large amounts of weight multiple times, I can understand how Gabby got to the point where she felt surgery was her only option. Being extremely overweight doesn't just happen because you are lazy and sit around eating cheeseburgers all day. There is either a physical health problem, or a mental health problem. Not everyone can just join a gym and drop the weight.

I don't support much of Gabby's behavior, but I think it was really brave of her to talk about and post photos of what she's been through. That took some guts to admit to all those surgeries, especially because she knew there were going to be people accusing her of "taking the easy way out."

xfreyaah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by xfreyaah »

"it is lazy for someone like gabby no one said it in regards to other exceptions. She is young and perfectly capable of getting out there and exercising and eating right and helpin herself rather than having life risking surgery. Why anyone would want to have operations when they don't need to is beyond me and yes she's lazy for having it"

So unbelievably judgementmental. Like, I can't even. (Btw, this isn't me trying to "defend" Gabby, just about trying to change discussions about weight in general). Exercise and diet does not work with everybody. It's not the "simple" solution you pretend it to be. A whole variety of other factors determine the extent to which calorie intake and exercise help. Also, you have to remember that many people who are overweight have serious depression associated with it. Can you imagine how hard it would be to go out in the world and exercise when you HATE the way you look. Genuinely, HATE it. And all the anxiety that would come with fear of people watching you and seeing you. Weight is such a more complex issue that "exercise and eating right". You really need to open your mind.

awayfromthecrowds
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by awayfromthecrowds »

I wonder if this is the reason why she isn't friends with Lucy and Lydia anymore, because they wanted her to be more honest with her viewers about her weight surgery. But she just kept getting more and more surgery :/
Last edited by awayfromthecrowds on Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

slap wrote:We need a new thread! Any name suggestions?
Okay, I'm going to start :p

Velvetlip0 - How I lied through my teeth...again.

:P

kittensnout

Post by kittensnout »

heya wrote:

Tbh she did say she saved and paid for all the operations herself. I agree with the last bit, she should know better with what she is eating etc after all of the things she's went through to get thinner. If she wants to get the operations fair enough its her choice, she paid. Don't blame her for hiding it for so long though, its quite a lot to take in. She didn't have to make the video after all.
Private cosmetic surgery also = one less doctor working in NHS helping people who have actual problems. There's no shortage of private doctors but there's a huge shortage of NHS doctors. Either way you look at it we are still paying in some way, heh.

_TheJudge
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by _TheJudge »

ElizaGolightly wrote:
xfreyaah wrote:Just want to preface this by saying that I am not a Gabby fan at all, and find most of her behaviour incredibly childish and annoying, but...

I just want to say how disgusted I am by people saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out and that people who have them are essentially too lazy to lose weight by more conventional methods. It is just SUCH a narrow minded view, and is essentially equating weight with levels of diet and exercise. And whilst diet/exercise are undoubtedly important in determining your weight, there are SO many other factors involved. Gender, genes, age, puberty, pregnancy, general health etc. And I think that by saying gastric bands/liposuction are a cop out, I see that as a form of fat shaming, essentially. Who can blame someone for hiding the fact they had surgery when you get judged and get responses like "you're just really lazy and wanted the easy option". I just think it's very narrow minded and such a hurtful attitude to have.

Also, why judge her for having surgery? She incredibly down about her weight, which I don't doubt, and she did something that would make her feel better about herself. She's not harming other people by doing that, and I don't judge her for it.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

I agree 100%!!! As someone who has struggled with weight and has gained and lost large amounts of weight multiple times, I can understand how Gabby got to the point where she felt surgery was her only option. Being extremely overweight doesn't just happen because you are lazy and sit around eating cheeseburgers all day. There is either a physical health problem, or a mental health problem. Not everyone can just join a gym and drop the weight.

I don't support much of Gabby's behavior, but I think it was really brave of her to talk about and post photos of what she's been through. That took some guts to admit to all those surgeries, especially because she knew there were going to be people accusing her of "taking the easy way out."
(I hope I'm quoting this right) This is exactly it. I've struggled with weight for years and it used to put me down mentally and I used to comfort eat because that's what made me feel better. I'm lucky enough to have had some friends to just lay it out to me and help me out of it. She doesn't seem to have that support.

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

xfreyaah wrote:"it is lazy for someone like gabby no one said it in regards to other exceptions. She is young and perfectly capable of getting out there and exercising and eating right and helpin herself rather than having life risking surgery. Why anyone would want to have operations when they don't need to is beyond me and yes she's lazy for having it"

So unbelievably judgementmental. Like, I can't even. (Btw, this isn't me trying to "defend" Gabby, just about trying to change discussions about weight in general). Exercise and diet does not work with everybody. It's not the "simple" solution you pretend it to be. A whole variety of other factors determine the extent to which calorie intake and exercise help. Also, you have to remember that many people who are overweight have serious depression associated with it. Can you imagine how hard it would be to go out in the world and exercise when you HATE the way you look. Genuinely, HATE it. And all the anxiety that would come with fear of people watching you and seeing you. Weight is such a more complex issue that "exercise and eating right". You really need to open your mind.

Yeah I can because I feel like that most days and I've struggled with v similar weight issues to gabz. In my opinion it's a lazy way out its fine for you to disagree

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

who boo wrote:it is lazy for someone like gabby no one said it in regards to other exceptions. She is young and perfectly capable of getting out there and exercising and eating right and helpin herself rather than having life risking surgery. Why anyone would want to have operations when they don't need to is beyond me and yes she's lazy for having it

agree. she also mentioned that she's against any kind of diet because it takes too much effort for her. Surgery isn't the only option,she didn't even try to get rid of the saggy skin she went straight to another operation.
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

who boo
Learner
Learner

Post by who boo »

Anyway off topic but her eyebrows look much better now they're tinted and shaped

xfreyaah
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by xfreyaah »

"Yeah I can because I feel like that most days and I've struggled with v similar weight issues to gabz. In my opinion it's a lazy way out its fine for you to disagree"

Just because you've struggled with your weight, does not mean that your weight issues were similar to Gabby. That's the point you're missing. Just because diet and exercise works for one person does not mean it will necessarily work for another.

Return to “Gabriella”