Lazy Lady Louise of LookHowMuchI'veSPent-Land part 17

Smarties
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lazy Lady Louise of LookHowMuchI'veSPent-Land part 17

Post by Smarties »

Louise‘s biggest mummy confession is that she loves time away from her kids? lol that‘s no secret

Also her talking about getting married. What happened to marrying yourself?

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

Smarties wrote:Louise‘s biggest mummy confession is that she loves time away from her kids? lol that‘s no secret

I feel like they’ve talked about it or secretly did get married or something. She wears that mother of pearl ring on her right hand now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golby
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by golby »

cookiechips
Learner
Learner

Post by cookiechips »

Smarties wrote:Louise‘s biggest mummy confession is that she loves time away from her kids? lol that‘s no secret

Maybe she couldn't listen to herself any more than then rest of us and got a divorce :P

2candy2
Debater
Debater

Post by 2candy2 »

Sprezza wrote:
Bella Ella wrote:
Francis wrote:So apparently she started writing a new book that is and isn't a Wilde book at the same time. :roll: A few minutes later she's complaining that the script in real books for actual adults is too small. And apparently she is also overwhelmed by the task of reading a few children's book for the Blue Peter Book Award. What a great and inspiring author she is :rofl:
My money is on a Robin Wilde Style Guide or Robin Wilde does Make Up or some other type of non-fiction/fiction cross over.
I don't know why I feel like it's gonna be a children's book- maybe with Robin Wilde's daughter as the focus?
I thought it might be from another character's point of view but I didn't think of that, she did say she wants to do a kids book so mayybe!:o

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Watching her Vlog and she always moans about her days at home and makes them sound terrible. She has no idea how lucky she is.

Apple In My Pie
Informer
Informer

Post by Apple In My Pie »

Yeah; I have to be honest and say that if I had Louise’s lifestyle, and had that sort of... lack of structure I.E. knowing I didn’t have to get up early to go to an office 9-5 five days a week to work to make money, that I could do what I wanted all day I would struggle, it wouldn’t work for me and I’d start seeing the days as a slog. I think Louise may struggle with the same sort of thing (especially as looking after young children can be monotonous in its way) but at the same time she doesn’t want the commitment or the work and is perfectly happy to laze; so on the one hand while I can (just about) sympathise with her she really needs to put her hand over her mouth, accept the position of privilege she’s in and quieten down a bit.

Yes one ‘oh looking after children is so difficult’ moan every once in a while is fine but lately I’ve been getting the impression that she really doesn’t like looking after the kids or being in that ‘mum’ role and it’s getting monotonous hearing it vlog after vlog after vlog - woman, you have a nanny, your parenting hours are reduced as it is, surely it can’t be that hard! :? Plus if I recall she’s going on holiday again soon? Like, geez Louise, yes parenting is hard yes staying at home is difficult but at least you have outside help and a supportive boyfriend (husband?) and the funds and flexibility to escape daily life for a bit should you want to do so - the majority would struggle to have half that. Have some perspective and enjoy your kids and life for the next vlog or ten at least :D

(I think another part of it comes from the pressure of having to fill weekly vlogs too; I bet so little goes on in the weeks sometimes that it’s padded out with a bit of a moan)

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

I have been a stay at home mum, unlike me she has the luxury of money and help and it’s still not enough for her. She should look at what’s wrong instead of moaning online; it’s not normal to have her levels of resentment.
She has the nanny (and family) and her office at home if she wanted to have structure to her working. How does she really spend her day? By making an Instagram for her cats. It’s no wonder her dad pushed her, he had to.

Smarties
Informer
Informer

Post by Smarties »

LaurieLaurie wrote:I have been a stay at home mum, unlike me she has the luxury of money and help and it’s still not enough for her. She should look at what’s wrong instead of moaning online; it’s not normal to have her levels of resentment.
She has the nanny (and family) and her office at home if she wanted to have structure to her working. How does she really spend her day? By making an Instagram for her cats. It’s no wonder her dad pushed her, he had to.
Resentment is exactly the right word. But who does she resent so much? Her kids. Because they didn't ask to be born.

Cuppa_tea
Learner
Learner

Post by Cuppa_tea »

She is absolutely bone idle! I'm sick of her now. I've never found her remotely relatable but she was entertaining in a car crash way. We are same age, and I have two young daughters but I can't relate at all and I don't know anyone like her - and most of my friends have young children.
Who is this woman anyway? Why her? You could walk into any play group in the country and find a mum with more charisma and a more interesting life than her. Why are we watching this lazy moaner put the washing machine on and moan about her kids. She has a school age child for half the week. And a nanny several days a week to look after her baby. Her book is crap and took minimal effort. Her Ads are cringey. She seems to lounge around in yesterday's makeup sleeping, eating and moaning. I think I'm done

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

Smarties wrote:
LaurieLaurie wrote:I have been a stay at home mum, unlike me she has the luxury of money and help and it’s still not enough for her. She should look at what’s wrong instead of moaning online; it’s not normal to have her levels of resentment.
Resentment is exactly the right word. But who does she resent so much? Her kids. Because they didn't ask to be born.
[video][/video]

I think she resents everyone but Darcy takes the brunt of it imo.

Bella Ella
Talker
Talker

Post by Bella Ella »

LaurieLaurie wrote:
Smarties wrote:
[video][/video]

I think she resents everyone but Darcy takes the brunt of it imo.
And if you think about it Darcy made her.
If she hadn't had Darcy she'd most likely be stuck in an office job she hated complaining to anyone who would listen about her husband...
It's all been luck and having the right circumstances at the right time for Louise. Having Darcy when she did is a huge part of that.

LaurieLaurie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by LaurieLaurie »

I agree. Darcy (and Zoe promoting her labour/birth) helped build her following and popularity with the ‘Brit Crew’ viewers, without that number of followers would have been low or short lived.
They all hung off each other’s coat tails and as well as young viewers subscribing for a glimpse of the other vloggers a lot were there for ‘baby glitter’.

1980shairscrunchie
Debater
Debater

Post by 1980shairscrunchie »

cookiechips wrote:I don't even look at anything Louise-related anymore - just GG to keep up and read all your insights and witticisms! But to add to what's been said and I'm censoring myself somewhat here, f**k Louise with her self-diagnosis. I was diagnosed with depression 16 years ago. Diagnosed by a medical professional, Louise. I work full-time, I manage it okay for the most part though I've had many ups and downs over the years. Most people I meet on a daily basis don't even know, though some may suspect. But when someone like Louise tries to use mental health as a 'i'm so relatable! i'm just like you guyz! I have multiple children and it's soooo tough!' crutch then I get angry. It completely devalues it.

By all means open up about struggles, create a dialogue about mental health and self-care. But do it properly and don't misuse the term. If I suddenly diagnosed myself with a broken leg I'd get called out on it. I'd be told 'no cookiechips, you have a bruise. It's not the same'. The same should happen with this. I'm sure Louise struggles. I'm sure everyone does. But there's a world of difference between temporarily feeling down and suffering from an actual debilitating illness.

I really hope that didn't come across as a woe-is-me sort of speech. I'm sorry if it did, I definitely don't mean it to and I'm not looking for sympathy. I just find it so hard to keep my mouth shut when I see buffoons like Louise doing this, like it's a trend.
Nah for sure I totally get where you’re coming from and I personally know how much hard work it takes to address depression and then to function in this world at the same time with all the obligations we regular peoples have. I’ve been there.

Imo a professional diagnosis shouldn’t be the cornerstone of it being respected. Being self aware is the first step to actually seeking medical help and therapy. It doesn’t just happen in a textbook fashion, plenty of people are self affair for years and spend a huge part of their life afraid to seek therapy.

You’d be surprised how many mothers actually put off any kind of personal therapies or even self care for that matter that involves health and I’m not talking about hair appointments.

It’s kind of amazing to be where we are right now with all the acceptance amongst our generations of mental illness and the issues we all face. It hasn’t always been like this.

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

Sponsored post time on Instagram.

She’s left “Olay Caption:” before some drivel about how much she loves it.

Oh dear. Needless to say she’s being torn to shreds in the comments.

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

Sorry for double post.

Just like that, the caption has been edited and all the comments calling her out on it have been removed.

Expected better, not surprised we didn’t get it.

1980shairscrunchie
Debater
Debater

Post by 1980shairscrunchie »

Toppsie wrote:Sponsored post time on Instagram.

She’s left “Olay Caption:” before some drivel about how much she loves it.

Oh dear. Needless to say she’s being torn to shreds in the comments.
Lol I’ve used Olay for quite a few years as it was a very accessible product that most stores carry. Their formulas are not legendary, infact bery mainstream much like Ponds.

It’s obvious she doesn’t care for her aging skin however.

I’m assuming she’s getting torn because it’s clear she’s just giving sponsored shoutouts for a product she doesn’t use.

I still use olay spf as its the only light spf that sits well under makeup. I’ve tried high end and low ends brands and it just seems to sit the best for my skin. I don’t use it as a life changing moisturizer however lol because it only does one thing well. I have to rehydrate my skin later in the day when I take my makeup off with a more high end product.

She should just be honest that she doesn’t bother with taking care of herself and it’s an easy product to introduce because it’s cheap.

Toppsie
Talker
Talker

Post by Toppsie »

Oh yeah Olay is nothing special.

Back in the day it was called “Oil of Olay” and my nan used to buy it. Whenever we visited, my Dad would always call it “Oil of Ugly”

That might have been 20 years ago, but still true!

Bella Ella
Talker
Talker

Post by Bella Ella »

Toppsie wrote:Oh yeah Olay is nothing special.

Back in the day it was called “Oil of Olay” and my nan used to buy it. Whenever we visited, my Dad would always call it “Oil of Ugly”

That might have been 20 years ago, but still true!
When I was a kid it was called Oil of Ulay and I thought it said Oil of Ugly. My gran thought I was being a cheeky little sod and wasn't pleased!

Louise was getting slated because she did a copy and paste and forgot to removed one of the sub headings from her notes. Poor Louise having to write a 100 word blurb about a product and take a photo. I need a lie down just thinking about it!

icannoteven
Learner
Learner

Post by icannoteven »

Toppsie wrote:Sorry for double post.

Just like that, the caption has been edited and all the comments calling her out on it have been removed.

Expected better, not surprised we didn’t get it.
Yeah, I have been paying attention to her Instagram lately and noticed she deletes any non-praising comment lol.

It makes me lose a bit of respect for her.

Return to “Louise Pentland”