Glitter gets a little bit better - Part 8

LanaValentine1
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Glitter gets a little bit better - Part 8

Post by LanaValentine1 »

I'm sorry but Matt and Devon are bitter and it's written all over their faces.

I hope things work out for Louise and Liam. From the very little we have seen, he seems like a good guy.

Louise is not perfect, but she does try to be her best and that's all you can ask of someone. I think she's got a good level of emotional intelligence and seems to have the right measure of people after what she's been through in her life. Neither of which you can say about Matt or Devon.

It really does say it all that Devon is public on Instagram, trying to position herself as some sort of YouTube and writing star and also as Darcey's stepmother. She seriously weirds me out and I applaud Louise's restraint in dealing with her!

Theflower96
Talker
Talker

Post by Theflower96 »

Could it be that maybe Matt might have been dating Devon way before and maybe that's why they decided to split. That's just a theory of mine no hate lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Theflower96 wrote:Could it be that maybe Matt might have been dating Devon way before and maybe that's why they decided to split. That's just a theory of mine no hate lol.

Nah I don't think any cheating was involved. Maybe he did know her and talk to her online before though.

Post by Guest »

You can see why they are together. Both dull, boring and as about as interesting as watching paint dry! Also both disrespectful to others, no sense of privacy and frame hunger wannabes. Feel sorry for Darcy. It never looks like they have any fun. It's all fake and posed in photos and vlogs. When Darcys with Louise you can tell she's happy and enjoying herself. Such a big difference. I bet if Darcy was ever made to choose (she should't ever be made to) she would pick Louise 100% every time.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

uuuuh what do you think about her mystery project? she just uploaded the video for it.

i am just browsing through the comments. and some write their age in the message as well... like they 10to 14 year olds mostly it seems... :?

Theflower96
Talker
Talker

Post by Theflower96 »

polarbearninja wrote:
Theflower96 wrote:Could it be that maybe Matt might have been dating Devon way before and maybe that's why they decided to split. That's just a theory of mine no hate lol.

Nah I don't think any cheating was involved. Maybe he did know her and talk to her online before though.
Yeh I think so too or maybe he was jealous of her success lol

Theflower96
Talker
Talker

Post by Theflower96 »

Owli wrote:uuuuh what do you think about her mystery project? she just uploaded the video for it.

i am just browsing through the comments. and some write their age in the message as well... like they 10to 14 year olds mostly it seems... :?
From the title of the video I thought it was about Devon invading her privacy lol.

Owli
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Owli »

haha :D

allIwantedwascake
Talker
Talker

Post by allIwantedwascake »

Theflower96 wrote:
Owli wrote:uuuuh what do you think about her mystery project? she just uploaded the video for it.

From the title of the video I thought it was about Devon invading her privacy lol.

SAME. I kind of hoped it was.
English is my second language, sorry if I have mistakes <3

Post by Guest »

I would love Louise to make a video calling Devon out on her behaviour but I know she won't. She's better than that. I do love the little digs and shade in her vlogs. Introducing Liam to Darcy SLOWLY and for her waiting because she doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on darcy. Matt should take note!

feyrearcheron
Talker
Talker

Post by feyrearcheron »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:I would love Louise to make a video calling Devon out on her behaviour but I know she won't. She's better than that. I do love the little digs and shade in her vlogs. Introducing Liam to Darcy SLOWLY and for her waiting because she doesn't want to put that kind of pressure on darcy. Matt should take note!
Exactly. It's like he's so eager on getting one over on Louise that he doesn't even consider Darcy's wellbeing. She might seem like she likes Devon but you don't know what introducing her so quickly, could do to her mental wellbeing. My cousin's dad just had an affair and left the family home and at first they were ok but now they need counselling and are struggling...and they are way older than Darcy. He ought to be more careful and considerate.

Post by Guest »

Divorce is never easy I can understand that, especially with a child involved. But how Matt has dealt with it is disgusting. He jumped into another relationship and shoved it down everyone's throat including his daughter every chance he got. Whenever Darcy sees him, Devon is always there! He also forced a holiday away to play happy families. How the hell is Darcy meant to cope with that kind of pressure? Going aboard with a woman who acts like she's a stepmother and is always taking photos of her every chance she gets! A year is not enough time for a child to adjust. Matt just expects Darcy to take to Devon and play happy families. He is such a selfish person! Louise has gone the other way and is a hell of a lot more respectful and actually spends time alone with Darcy! She would never force anything on Darcy like Matt has so quickly. And he wonders why people hate him and and leave him and Devon nasty comments? Because you are both a pair of idiots and you should have thought of your child first rather than trying to get one over on your ex wife. It really does feel like he is trying to punish Louise. He goes out of his way to hurt her and make snide remarks.

mrsamb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mrsamb »

What does everyone think of Louise tweeting that anyone defending Trump in her mentions would get blocked?

I really like Louise and definitely don't like Trump, but I thought this was a bit aggressive :/ Especially for her younger viewers who may not be well informed in terms of politics, but would be quite hurt if she blocked them. Seems a bit hypocritical to block others for expressing their own political opinions when she is so vocal about her own.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

mrsamb wrote:What does everyone think of Louise tweeting that anyone defending Trump in her mentions would get blocked?

I really like Louise and definitely don't like Trump, but I thought this was a bit aggressive :/ Especially for her younger viewers who may not be well informed in terms of politics, but would be quite hurt if she blocked them. Seems a bit hypocritical to block others for expressing their own political opinions when she is so vocal about her own.
Trump voters obviously don't care about the well-being of millions of POC or marginalized women so I think they can put up with being blocked on Twitter by a beauty vlogger.

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

Lamour88 wrote:
mrsamb wrote:What does everyone think of Louise tweeting that anyone defending Trump in her mentions would get blocked?

Trump voters obviously don't care about the well-being of millions of POC or marginalized women so I think they can put up with being blocked on Twitter by a beauty vlogger.
She is understandably upset and angry about the outcome of the election and I commend her for blocking people even if it means losing followers.

LanaValentine1
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by LanaValentine1 »

I think it's Louise's right to block Trump defenders/supporters on her own social media. She doesn't want to support or entertain those views as she clearly doesn't agree with them, and that's up to her when it's her own account.

Back to the topic of Matt, I have come to the conclusion he is possibly a bit of a shit dad. From what we know, he only sees Darcy when Devon is there, her mum is often there too, plus on Devon's Instagram she claimed they always take Darcy on an adventure when it's Matt's time with her, which to me rings as "I don't know how to spend time with my child one-on-one".

Just an observation. Maybe he thinks doing lots of stuff and having lots of people around is what is right, who knows. Maybe he thinks he's making memories. It comes across a tiny bit 'Disney Dad' though. All the "fun" and none of the boring bits.

ifucsam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ifucsam »

I don't know how many of you are American but I am and I am horrified. So many people have been bullied and made fun of and brushed aside by this monster and now he's in charge. Not to mention his garbage of a vp pick (and I'm a former Hoosier). We are all terrified and sad because of what our future holds. Sexual assault has been made light of and people with disabilities have been mocked and this guy now will be making choices for so many people that he doesn't speak for. Louise has every right to be upset because this effects the entire world.

Justlikehollywood_x
Talker
Talker

Post by Justlikehollywood_x »

LanaValentine1 wrote:I think it's Louise's right to block Trump defenders/supporters on her own social media. She doesn't want to support or entertain those views as she clearly doesn't agree with them, and that's up to her when it's her own account.

Back to the topic of Matt, I have come to the conclusion he is possibly a bit of a shit dad. From what we know, he only sees Darcy when Devon is there, her mum is often there too, plus on Devon's Instagram she claimed they always take Darcy on an adventure when it's Matt's time with her, which to me rings as "I don't know how to spend time with my child one-on-one".

Just an observation. Maybe he thinks doing lots of stuff and having lots of people around is what is right, who knows. Maybe he thinks he's making memories. It comes across a tiny bit 'Disney Dad' though. All the "fun" and none of the boring bits.

I definitely agree that Matt is a bit of a Disney Dad. I wonder how often he has a day of films at home or doing something structured that's educational rather than just a day out with Devon or going to Devon's mums house. I totally get if he has limited time with her (like an every other weekend arrangement) but he says he has 50/50 and if you've got true 50/50 then I'd assume you'd spend an equal amount of time doing the 'boring' stuff or just anything that isn't an outing really.

Tiggiezz
Learner
Learner

Post by Tiggiezz »

Cannot praise Louise enough for how she's dealt with the election. Someone with her fanbase shouldn't just ignore it. It's a massive thing that effects the whole world.
She's showing how much passion she has for the topic which will encourage any younger viewers to educate themselves. This election and Brexit have shown that millennials have a clear viewpoint but a lot of us don't think politics concern us. That's why we've let the older generations dictate these huge decisions when judging by polls we want something different. Hopefully with people like Louise keeping politics as an open conversation the next generation will be more involved and we will all be able to reach a decision that doesn't result in this outcry!

mrsamb
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mrsamb »

Lamour88 wrote:

Fair enough, I was just making an observation, and was interested in what other people thought about how her attitude could affect her younger fans -who probably don't realise the implications of the issues you mention, and sadly would be upset by something as trivial as being blocked by a vlogger.
I'm probably just being too maternal! Totally agree about Trump, and wasn't suggesting she shouldn't air her opinions.

It reminded me of controversy when she was seen to be a bit aggressive on social media a couple of years ago, but she seems to have matured a lot in the past couple of years. She's dealt with the Matt/Devon situation really well from what I've seen, can't be easy for her.

Return to “Louise Pentland”