SprinkleOfGlitter

BumbleBee

Re: SprinkleOfGlitter

Post by BumbleBee »

OutOfLurkingDarkness wrote:
Dibs wrote:what's her relationship with Gleam anyway? She's been in Dailymix videos but they don't even mention her on the site unlike Zoe and the entire Chapman and friends crowd.
They represent her too and obviously try to get her endorsement deals too (Pantene, Osiris, etc.) but she isn't as marketable as Zoe and others so that's why she isn't even an official part of DailyMix though she has done a ton of videos for them.
I believe she only works part time there so could be why she isn't mentioned as much?

candyapple
Wanderer
Wanderer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by candyapple »

Dibs wrote:what's her relationship with Gleam anyway? She's been in Dailymix videos but they don't even mention her on the site unlike Zoe and the entire Chapman and friends crowd.
They represent her too and obviously try to get her endorsement deals too (Pantene, Osiris, etc.) but she isn't as marketable as Zoe and others so that's why she isn't even an official part of DailyMix though she has done a ton of videos for them.
I think that Louise could be marketable if they aimed her more as a 'mummy' blogger, I'm surprised Gleam haven't already tried pushing her in that direction. It would make her different to Zoe/Tanya etc.

bsteph
Talker
Talker

Post by bsteph »

I just finished watching her 1D premiere night vlog & I find it weird how she said twice that this was one of the best nights of her life (to paraphrase) thanks to her YT career; so amazing, special etc, which I don't really understand. It's apparently not that hard to get tickets to these premiere things for all the Gleam Team or any D-list "celebrity", she's already seen 1D in concert twice...I don't really get what makes it so special? Totally nitpicky,I know, but I think it's all gone to her head a bit. Those crowds of screaming fans weren't there to see Gleam Team, it was more happy coincidence for the fans that they got to meet a YTer they knew for a second while waiting for the real stars to show up.

As much as I like her (long stretches interrupted by brief periods of disappointing cattiness), I think she is a strange fit in this Gleam team & I find it hard to put into words why.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

BumbleBee wrote:I think Louise is digging herself into a deep hole this week. She's been constantly passive aggressive. This is coming from someone who is a huge fan of hers but honestly her behavior this week has been childish and nasty.
It's hardly something new. The Woman is not endearing to me at all anymore, too many catty twitter spats, being attention seeking and constantly passive aggressive. Fact is no one would care much for her videos if she didn't latch on to Zoe's success and have a baby to show off.

My tolerance for the Gleam team is waning severely now, all the channels in their infancy were good entertainment but now it's all about the marketing.

fleur97

Post by fleur97 »

heres an interesting theory, what do you guys think?
okay, so this whole I love 1d act, all the gleam youtubers seem to do.. Maybe its not just to boost THERE fan bases but 1d's as well? I know, I know 1d were huge anyway but extra publicity doesn't hurt! just think of that NCS thing they kept repeating it and mentioning it, id never heard of it before now I see loads of kids doing it and talking about it..

Another thing that makes me wonder this is the interviews with 1D, and the meetings with Simon Cowell and the YouGeneration.. What if this was all arranged on SyCo's part, to boost knowledge of the youGen?
Far fetched, I know but just a theory!

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

fleur97 wrote:heres an interesting theory, what do you guys think?
okay, so this whole I love 1d act, all the gleam youtubers seem to do.. Maybe its not just to boost THERE fan bases but 1d's as well? I know, I know 1d were huge anyway but extra publicity doesn't hurt! just think of that NCS thing they kept repeating it and mentioning it, id never heard of it before now I see loads of kids doing it and talking about it..

Another thing that makes me wonder this is the interviews with 1D, and the meetings with Simon Cowell and the YouGeneration.. What if this was all arranged on SyCo's part, to boost knowledge of the youGen?
Far fetched, I know but just a theory!
I did start to wonder if there is something going on to publicise 1D more. I don't know whether it's just to appeal to the younger teens or if there is something more going on.

OutOfLurkingDarkness
Informer
Informer

Post by OutOfLurkingDarkness »

candyapple wrote:
I think that Louise could be marketable if they aimed her more as a 'mummy' blogger, I'm surprised Gleam haven't already tried pushing her in that direction. It would make her different to Zoe/Tanya etc.
Gleam doesn't care about an older audience though, they're not even trying with her.

Northern_beauty
Talker
Talker

Post by Northern_beauty »

In regards to Joey stopping over at hers for Fleurs wedding I think it is simply down to not being able to get a hotel close to the event itself. As far as I am aware he travelled alone as Ingrid traveled with Tati(as far as I know). In my experience getting a hotel room for 3 adults is quite hard in the UK as most hotels I've looked into staying in and have stayed in are usually 2 adults per room. Hotels in the summer and on a bank holiday weekend are very expensive and usually fully booked. At a guess he was struggling to find a suitable room within a sensble distance to the cermony and reception .Louise just offered as a good friend regardless of the fact if she was invited or not

saralouxxx
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by saralouxxx »

I used to find her really refreshing and interesting to wash. However, there have been so many moments that havent sat easily with me at the moment, usually with Zoe involved I must day, that I have been able to force myself to watch any of her recent vids.

Biba girl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Biba girl »

candyapple wrote:
Gleam doesn't care about an older audience though, they're not even trying with her.
"Mummy" grown up market is SO MUCH SMALLER on youtube than teen market. And grown ups don't tend to develop such severe worshiping (that leads to them wanting to buy all same stuff as their idol) as teens do. Besides it looks like Louise herself is much more comfortable hanging out with people much younger and a lot less responsible.

I think that most new moms wouldn't find her very relate-able anyway, based on her attitude, behavior and the content of her channel that is mostly oriented at teaching and preaching teens. I think she's actually marketed quite well at the moment. She's this "big sister" or "surrogate mummy" to those teens.

It's a shame that she has such aggressive personality at times. She could use a few lessons on how to handle her anger better.

lilys
Talker
Talker

Post by lilys »

What was Louise saying on the day of fleurs wedding?

ohnoshebetterdont
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ohnoshebetterdont »

lilys wrote:What was Louise saying on the day of fleurs wedding?

Dis gus ting
#BYEFELICIA

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

That dress at the premiere. No. The chest. Urghhhh. Better bra, more safety pins!!!!

mouse
Lurker
Lurker

Post by mouse »

I finally unsubscribed from Louise's channels yesterday. I used to find her really enjoyable to watch & I appreciated her quirky humour but now she makes me feel so very old. I can't stand the young brats she associates with.

Return to “Louise Pentland”