rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Tarnished: TanyAd Part 20

Post by rai1234 »

EST wrote:
parisienne wrote:
rai1234 wrote:I just finished watching her new South Africa vlog. She really has a problem with saying 'uhm'. She actually almost says it every other word it's incredibly annoying.
Jim and Tan both do it! Drives me crazy. It might just be habit but I also feel like people who say "um" a lot aren't very eloquent or particularly smart.
you'd think they would just edit it out :?
It would be full of so many jump cuts it might actually end up being more painful to watch. I also noticed when she says 'and' it's so prolonged and it takes her a while to say the next word. I don't know if it's irrational (all of this pissing me off) but it really gets on my nerves. She doesn't sound graceful or eloquent at all.

Pistachiyo
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Pistachiyo »

*Crying* FOR GOD SAKE PLEASE USE A RUBBER SPATULA !! Idk why it bugs me so much but there's so much wasted in the bowl.

Jasmine S

Post by Jasmine S »

I can't sit through a whole video of her baking, it's too painful. But that cake did not look very tasty.

LivingInElysium
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by LivingInElysium »

Thanks for the updates on that baking video, everyone. I haven't been able to watch any of her videos in awhile now - they are just that horrible. This woman-child is just intolerable!
Should've. Would've. Could've. Should of. Would of. Could of. Should have. Would have. Could have.

ImageImage

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

All her recipes: chocolate base + shitloads of chopped chocolate. :tu: wow.

poshbird
Informer
Informer

Post by poshbird »

Pistachiyo wrote:*Crying* FOR GOD SAKE PLEASE USE A RUBBER SPATULA !! Idk why it bugs me so much but there's so much wasted in the bowl.
YES!!!! THANK YOU!!!! This is the first baking vid of hers I've watched (because I can't quite stomach such an amateur parade around as some sort of professional baker) and fuck ME it irritated me that she used a frickin' wooden spoon to scoop all the batter out. How obvious is it that it makes sense to use a rubber spatula?!

Plus...the cake was burnt :rofl:

Am I the only one around here who would honestly just bake another one to show as the final product? Why didn't she? Lazy? Jim hadn't done the washing up yet?

lillemy01
Informer
Informer

Post by lillemy01 »

Well she probably thinks that her minions would not notice that its burnt :rofl:

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

I really enjoyed her video about the Kliptown Youth Program. It was really informative and interesting - that said, I'm South African and live about 2kms from a township so I witness those sorts of struggles on a day-to-day and it was incredibly heartwarming to see it highlighted. I hope everyone, despite their feelings about dear ol Tarn, will consider signing the petition she spoke about or even just spare a thought for their fellow women around the world (hope that didn't come off preachy or anything - just pleased that she's doing something good with her platform).

She should do more videos like this, it certainly warmed me to her a bit. I even think she looked quite nice in the video - perhaps it was the simpler make up or maybe charity just makes one prettier <3

I wish she would realise baking videos are not her thing though :|

Clover la BonBon
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Clover la BonBon »

Very OT but Zoe has shown Tanya's new eyeshadows in her latest video, and I couldn't help noticing that that 'Birthday Suit' palette looked so similar to the colours in Fleurs.

gossipgal777
Informer
Informer

Post by gossipgal777 »

Pistachiyo wrote:*Crying* FOR GOD SAKE PLEASE USE A RUBBER SPATULA !! Idk why it bugs me so much but there's so much wasted in the bowl.
Honestly, if my Nan saw this video, she would freak out about all of the leftover batter in that bowl :-o I can already hear her rant :rofl:
-P- wrote:All her recipes: chocolate base + shitloads of chopped chocolate. :tu: wow.
I thought the exact same thing. It's basically the cookie recipe but just as a cake. And the cake looked so dry! And the chocolate was sank all the way to the bottom of the cake, because the chunks were too big. :?
Also, what do the people expect her to say when she tries it? "Uhmmm it's a bit dry but you should still totally buy my book" ?!?!

humdinger15
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by humdinger15 »

Eclectic wrote:I really enjoyed her video about the Kliptown Youth Program. It was really informative and interesting - that said, I'm South African and live about 2kms from a township so I witness those sorts of struggles on a day-to-day and it was incredibly heartwarming to see it highlighted. I hope everyone, despite their feelings about dear ol Tarn, will consider signing the petition she spoke about or even just spare a thought for their fellow women around the world (hope that didn't come off preachy or anything - just pleased that she's doing something good with her platform).

She should do more videos like this, it certainly warmed me to her a bit. I even think she looked quite nice in the video - perhaps it was the simpler make up or maybe charity just makes one prettier <3

I wish she would realise baking videos are not her thing though :|
Hello fellow South African! I've often wondered if others from SA dwelled on this site and today was my 1st confirmation :D I mainly like to only read what others have to say, I don't usually participate in the discussion.

I'll definitely have to watch Tanya's vlog when I get home and see how/where I can contribute locally because youth/women's empowerment is very close to my heart.

poshbird
Informer
Informer

Post by poshbird »

Can someone tell me around what page does discussions about her This Morning appearance starts. I've only just watched it and omg...it's so cringe and embarrassing that I wanna read what people have said! BUT! ....this website.....is just so slow.....that I'm not patient enough to sit there and wait for every page to load trying to find it. (Seriously are they ever going to sort that?)

poshbird
Informer
Informer

Post by poshbird »

Can someone tell me around what page does discussions about her This Morning appearance starts. I've only just watched it and omg...it's so cringe and embarrassing that I wanna read what people have said! BUT! ....this website.....is just so slow.....that I'm not patient enough to sit there and wait for every page to load trying to find it. (Seriously are they ever going to sort that?)

half-m0on
Learner
Learner

Post by half-m0on »

i just watched her SA vlog and whilst i am very glad she is talking about these issues that are so prevalent in the world, its hard to take her seriously because she acts like such a child all the time. :roll:

its like whilst she was trying to do the right thing, she chose to wear ray-bans etc to meet people who are discussing the poverty that they grew up in, bit insensitive nah? Also i don't understand why she was so surprised that those young women were intelligent and highly informed on HIV/Aids, does she think they aren't learning anything through this programme.

overall, i think it was one of her better vlogs and i think other youtubers should be taking note and tackling more wold topics instead of damn candy or haul videos. :respekt:
:love2: :love2:

mp1416
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mp1416 »

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by chairman_meow »

Eclectic
Learner
Learner

Post by Eclectic »

half-m0on wrote:
its like whilst she was trying to do the right thing, she chose to wear ray-bans etc to meet people who are discussing the poverty that they grew up in, bit insensitive nah? Also i don't understand why she was so surprised that those young women were intelligent and highly informed on HIV/Aids, does she think they aren't learning anything through this programme.
While I understand what you mean (I also thought it was a bit patronising how surprised she was that the girls were well-informed and intelligent) I don't think anyone would expect her to swap out her sunglasses because she was visiting a poor area. Sunglasses are a functional item and if she bought ray bans why not wear them? It's not like she pranced around in a ballgown eating sushi.

I understand your sentiment it just feels a bit petty. Just my opinion though :)

DL2410
Lurker
Lurker

Post by DL2410 »

:love2:

monstergirl
Learner
Learner

Post by monstergirl »

half-m0on wrote:i just watched her SA vlog and whilst i am very glad she is talking about these issues that are so prevalent in the world, its hard to take her seriously because she acts like such a child all the time. :roll:

overall, i think it was one of her better vlogs and i think other youtubers should be taking note and tackling more wold topics instead of damn candy or haul videos. :respekt:
(I'm humdinger15, that's my work account for creeping on GG. As mentioned above, I'm from South Africa)

To be fair, even I was pleasantly surprised at how knowledgeable these girls were on the topic and so happy at seeing how this knowledge brought upon understanding and acceptance of each other! I believe it was mentioned in her video but a lot of girls in poverty stricken, often rural, communities don't even have the privilege of going to school which sounds ridiculous because it is a basic right! There are children that are desperate to learn, that share 1 textbook among the whole grade but then protesters burn down their schools and school is suspended until further notice. So not everybody is educated on HIV/Aids etc. A lot of men from these communities still believe that having sex with a virgin will cure them of aids! Our president raped an HIV positive woman and then thought taking a shower afterwards would prevent him from getting the disease too... Even our health minister in the 1990's, I believe, refused to acknowledge the HIV/Aids epidemic.

We have a beautiful country but there is still a lot to fix before we can truly say that our country is child and woman friendly. Violence and sexual violence is rife in our country and it knows no bounds. There's a billboard on one of the the major highways that says a child is raped every 3 minutes in South Africa! That is a horrifying statistic!

I think Tan did a great job on the video, she brought light to issues without boring the viewer and allowing viewers of all ages understand what's going on. Places like the KYP and the RISE clubs are wonderful for the youth and women to find a safe place to learn and bond. I'll definitely be getting involved with similar projects in my local community!

If any of you feel inspired and are interested, there's another charity in South Africa than I like to support. Dignity Dreams, go look them up! They employ women to produce reusable pads for girls in similar, if not the same communities, which allows them to stay in school or at work while on their period. Because sanitary products are expensive and are a "luxury" they are often not affordable and girls have to resort to using socks, paper or even just staying home. When the charity gives out the reusable packets they also educate girls on the reproductive system. There is a lot more info on their site and social media but a donation of only 8 british pounds or 11 us dollars could give one more girl a reusable pad pack!

Return to “Tanya Burr”