TanyAd part 19

vivaglam
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: TanyAd part 19

Post by vivaglam »

Jasmine S wrote:Omgggg I would not be surprised if Jim was sponsored by a cigarette company. But I'm guessing that isn't allowed?
I think it's more likely that the patches are actually the ad. Probably could get around guidelines with those, as it would be seen as something that will improve peoples health etc. The pack of cigarettes is probably just a rouse to plug the quitting patches. These sneaky Gleamers will try anything to make a quick buck.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by snuffy777 »

So... Tanya Bakes has dropped to number 28 on the bestsellers list (Amazon UK). Lol. That's pretty drastic considering it was released just last week. Her "Guys, it's number 2!" tweet makes me cringe even more now. Like, okay? With all the excessive promotion, of course it was gonna make the bestselling list on/around the day of its release? What actually matters, is how long that spot is maintained. :roll: Considering that no one outside of YouTube even knows or cares who Tanya is, and now that the hype is over and all the "Burr Bears" have received their copies, I think it's safe to say that the book sales will continue to drop at a steady pace.

This book always was just more money-making merchandise from grubby Gleam/Tanya vs. a substantial baking book to be taken seriously. All that, coupled with the low/average views on Amazon - the "Verified purchase" reviews are actually quite helpful and honest and will probably sway people from ordering it.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

vivaglam wrote: Maybe they just favour a certain brand? Maybe it's an ad from the cigarette company :rofl:
Idk, I'm still going with the social smoker theory :tu: I have friends who do this, they go out on a friday night and smoke 15 cigarettes, then put the pack back in the drawer until the next time they go out. Its pathetic, but some people are all about the image. And Jim and Tarn are definitely that type :tu:
I do this too, smoke when I go out and can do a whole pack in a night sometimes, but then I don't need to smoke rest of time as I'm not addicted. Addictive things just don't work on me (except sugar). So it's not about the image, I just like ciggies when I'm tipsy and it's fun once in awhile. I'd say nowadays it's a bad image to smoke, reason why I feel guilty when I do want to smoke in a social situation and only do it when I really don't give a crap anymore.

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

But can we talk about her horrible bronzer on her latest baking video???

-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by -P- »

But can we talk about her horrible bronzer on her latest baking video???

Emmie
Informer
Informer

Post by Emmie »

EEeeeeekkkkk!!! ^^ Plus so fat! Yuck!

lllwllms
Learner
Learner

Post by lllwllms »

I think she should have re-filmed the video. I mean, a burnt cake doesn't look too good especially when she's just released her book!

DivyaKastwar
Learner
Learner

Post by DivyaKastwar »

lllwllms wrote:I think she should have re-filmed the video. I mean, a burnt cake doesn't look too good especially when she's just released her book!
Especially since "its such a quick and easy recipe" Image and that bronzer line on her forehead... Omg I mean someone hat has a makeup line should know how to do their own makeup properly just like someone with a cookbook should not be posting burnt cakes online!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

The cake looked terrible, first it was burnt and then the chocolate chunks were too big so they all sunk to the bottom.

blendingbrush
Informer
Informer

Post by blendingbrush »

God that video was a mess.

She's just not graceful in anything she does, it's uncomfortable to watch. My biggest pet peeve was her spraying that chocolate all over her table?! Why not put something underneath? I know she'll claim she can just clean it after but why on earth would you spray something with chocolate on a bare surface?

blueash
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by blueash »

Just watched the baking video. She has no integrity whatsoever. I don't believe she formulated these recipes & watching the baking video proves she doesn't know what she's doing. "Tanya Bakes" is just another way to sell rubbish to impressionable young people.

blueash
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by blueash »

Just watched the baking video. She has no integrity whatsoever. I don't believe she formulated these recipes & watching the baking video proves she doesn't know what she's doing. "Tanya Bakes" is just another way to sell rubbish to impressionable young people.

blueash
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by blueash »

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

I just finished watching her new South Africa vlog. She really has a problem with saying 'uhm'. She actually almost says it every other word it's incredibly annoying.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

rai1234 wrote:I just finished watching her new South Africa vlog. She really has a problem with saying 'uhm'. She actually almost says it every other word it's incredibly annoying.
Jim and Tan both do it! Drives me crazy. It might just be habit but I also feel like people who say "um" a lot aren't very eloquent or particularly smart.

xxkath
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by xxkath »

That cake looks awful. It's like she's never made it before. She was saying how she wants to cut it when its warm to show us how melty it is but it looked really dry when she cut into it, of course it doesn't help that she burnt the cake.

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

parisienne wrote:
rai1234 wrote:I just finished watching her new South Africa vlog. She really has a problem with saying 'uhm'. She actually almost says it every other word it's incredibly annoying.
Jim and Tan both do it! Drives me crazy. It might just be habit but I also feel like people who say "um" a lot aren't very eloquent or particularly smart.
you'd think they would just edit it out :?

EST
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by EST »

Return to “Tanya Burr”