#Gifted Shades of Grey: Lily Pebbles (part 11)

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Re: #Gifted Shades of Grey: Lily Pebbles (part 11)

Post by poulet »

I unfollowed her instagram.

Can someone tell her nobody fucking cares for such minutia of her daily life + insta stories are NOT DIARY.

My god.

eastsidebabe
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by eastsidebabe »

And please, is she a college graduate? And she starts every sentence with “me and Rich.” Drives me crazy.

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by palmer »

eastsidebabe wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm
And please, is she a college graduate? And she starts every sentence with “me and Rich.” Drives me crazy.
Still not as bad as Zoella's "myself and Alfie" :roll: makes my ears bleed

bevflannery
Talker
Talker

Post by bevflannery »

eastsidebabe wrote:And please, is she a college graduate? And she starts every sentence with “me and Rich.” Drives me crazy.
Drives me crazy too!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

eastsidebabe wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:52 pm
Except when she overcorrects herself and says “I got xyz gifted for Rich and I”, that drives me up the wall even more!

Eat My Shorts
Talker
Talker

Post by Eat My Shorts »

Kat_Harissa wrote:
eastsidebabe wrote: And please, is she a college graduate? And she starts every sentence with “me and Rich.” Drives me crazy.
Except when she overcorrects herself and says “I got xyz gifted for Rich and I”, that drives me up the wall even more!
ImageImage

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

lavieenrose wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:35 am
I can kind of see what she's coming from, in my son's first few months if I were to take him out of the car into the house he would 9/10 wake up but that didn't stop me if I really had to, I would just try to help him back to sleep or just get on with the day.
That I understand, because you have to take your child out of a car seat and take them in. Lily could just walk into her home, as she's carrying her already. But whatever, it's just Lily moaning and 'keeping it real' again.. You'd think she's the first person to ever have a baby.

Also, why did she put the dig to her parents about the baby monitor on there? Be grateful they're babysitting while you're out getting drunk.

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

Hahahaha no she didn’t! As if we were talking about this failure of a book not so long ago and she decides to promote the audiobook version?! I am actually dying who? Actually who would listen to this atrocity?

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

You can hear a sample on Amazon... it's... well.... Lily at her most boring.
The comments are still so funny. I guess this is what she was referring to as 'supposed to be the happiest time' that got ruined by trolls..? When in fact it's people telling her her book was terrible and patronising to women in their 20's/30's.

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

eileen_2015 wrote:You can hear a sample on Amazon... it's... well.... Lily at her most boring.
The comments are still so funny. I guess this is what she was referring to as 'supposed to be the happiest time' that got ruined by trolls..? When in fact it's people telling her her book was terrible and patronising to women in their 20's/30's.
Oh shit I have just listened to the audio sample! She talks about how modern media encourages women to be in competition with one another and gives example of Mean Girls and Bridesmaids - whaaaat? Those are two most light hearted, unrealistic, over-exaggerated comedies on planet Earth. They are by no means to be taken seriously and they definitely do not solely define the way women are portrayed in modern media! How freaking shallow and thick is that woman?

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

I wonder what her original pitch was, as she was told that was not going to happen and that friendship was a much better topic.

katetalks
Learner
Learner

Post by katetalks »

eileen_2015 wrote:I wonder what her original pitch was, as she was told that was not going to happen and that friendship was a much better topic.
I think she meant to interview different women for her book. At least that's what I remember from her book vlog or something like that.

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

eileen_2015 wrote:I wonder what her original pitch was, as she was told that was not going to happen and that friendship was a much better topic.
I remember something along the lines of her interviewing influential women and making a book out of it or something? I could be wrong though, maybe it was some other influencer’s book pitch.

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

katetalks wrote:
I think she meant to interview different women for her book. At least that's what I remember from her book vlog or something like that.
Ok so I do remember it correctly! And then she went on to say that she is not a journalist and does not have the skills to interview people and then write about it the way it’s expected so she focused on herself and her own experiences. Well, I think she should have taken not having a solid book idea as a sign to not pursue a book deal!

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Post by imtakinga_bath »

Timtamtamara wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:19 am
katetalks wrote:
Ok so I do remember it correctly! And then she went on to say that she is not a journalist and does not have the skills to interview people and then write about it the way it’s expected so she focused on herself and her own experiences. Well, I think she should have taken not having a solid book idea as a sign to not pursue a book deal!

To be fair I’m not sure it was really her pursuing a book deal so much as Gleam pushing their YouTubers to churn out YouTube books to generate revenue.

agirlwillbequeen
Debater
Debater

Post by agirlwillbequeen »

Timtamtamara wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 am
I remember something along the lines of her interviewing influential women and making a book out of it or something? I could be wrong though, maybe it was some other influencer’s book pitch.

I'd say she pitched an autobiography 'a young woman's struggle to grow up as the youngest child in a privileged household, a tough career where you're home all the time and be sent every freebie you'd want all whist struggling with the conditions of moaneywingeyitis and crippling giraffeius teethius'

palmer
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by palmer »

Timtamtamara wrote:
katetalks wrote:

Lmao so she didn’t do the interviews because she realized she’s not a journalist, however writing a book despite not being a writer didn’t seem like a problem to her? She should’ve done everyone a favor and applied her logic across the board. She can’t even spell the most basic words or use proper grammar (as pointed out above on this page). This girl’s got zero self-awareness.

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

palmer wrote:
Timtamtamara wrote:
katetalks wrote:

Lmao so she didn’t do the interviews because she realized she’s not a journalist, however writing a book despite not being a writer didn’t seem like a problem to her? She should’ve done everyone a favor and applied her logic across the board. She can’t even spell the most basic words or use proper grammar (as pointed out above on this page). This girl’s got zero self-awareness.
Yeah she is awful at spelling. Years ago she tweeted a picture from New York saying she ‘fell in love with Manhatten’ and I just was cringing so freaking hard. I remember I was the only person to point out she has misspelt it, none of other people really had the guts to tell her. And even after that she didn’t delete that tweet! If that’d been me I would be mortified and delete it right then and there!

imtakinga_bath
Debater
Debater

Post by imtakinga_bath »

Couldn’t help but chuckle at Lily abbreviating Covent Garden to CVNT GRDN - it looks like it says C*NT GARDEN :rofl:

Timtamtamara
Debater
Debater

Post by Timtamtamara »

imtakinga_bath wrote:Couldn’t help but chuckle at Lily abbreviating Covent Garden to CVNT GRDN - it looks like it says C*NT GARDEN :rofl:
Ha I bet Lilly has one hell of a c*nt garden lol

Return to “Lily Pebbles”