Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by ima »

her new video was bizarre

Post by Guest »

ima wrote:her new video was bizarre
Why do you say that? She said on Snapchat she was worried about it because she wasn't sure it came out how she wanted. I haven't watched it (or any of her other videos lately) because I'm verging on disliking her. She complains about everything.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by daddyoh »

the video was boring, but still nicely done. the typical why i love autumn fare (apples, scarves, dark nail polish) but the video was edited well. i don't see what she'd have been worried about.

Post by Guest »

I agree that the new video was bizarre, it was like a well produced primary school project! It was a stupid idea but well executed. No one cares about why you love Autumn, especially when the reasons are completely bog standard!

Lipv
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lipv »

She pronounces sauce pan so weirdly- sauce pen. idk it bothered me lol.

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by eileen_2015 »

Lipv wrote:She pronounces sauce pan so weirdly- sauce pen. idk it bothered me lol.
That's how it is pronounced, at least here in England. English is not my first language, and at first I thought it was weird that the 'pan' in 'sauce pan' is not pronounced the same as 'frying pan', but it just isn't... I asked my British bfr and he hasn't got a clue why it's pronounced that way.

Lipv
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Lipv »

eileen_2015 wrote:
Lipv wrote:She pronounces sauce pan so weirdly- sauce pen. idk it bothered me lol.
That's how it is pronounced, at least here in England. English is not my first language, and at first I thought it was weird that the 'pan' in 'sauce pan' is not pronounced the same as 'frying pan', but it just isn't... I asked my British bfr and he hasn't got a clue why it's pronounced that way.
that's strange, i'm half English and that side of my family doesn't pronounce it like that, oh the quirks of language lol.

Pennycray
Informer
Informer

Post by Pennycray »

I have the feeling that lily is starting to panic a bit, she's mentioned a few times about wanting to be different and create different content. The arty farty Autumn video ( which lets face it, was just a tarted up Autumn tag ) was just incredibly dull and try-hard and if she thought that was being different than its a massive fail.
The fact of the matter is that lily (and Anna, but that's another story) fit in to this really irrelevant category all by themselves.
The other Brit (and mainly gleam) girls like Nic & Sam, Ruth, Zoë, Tanya, Louise, Gabriella and now Fleur are all bringing products to the mass market. What on earth would you buy from lily? Genuinely, what could she sell? And let's face it that's what gleam are after, a cash cow. She's just not marketable and quite frankly not even that likeable and I'm not sure who exactly she appeals to. She's not particularly fashionable, she does the same makeup look whatever the weather and moans constantly.
Maybe she's panicky because she knows the clock is ticking for her....

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

Lipv wrote:
eileen_2015 wrote:
that's strange, i'm half English and that side of my family doesn't pronounce it like that, oh the quirks of language lol.
Haha I actually say sauce-pen too. Just always been the way, I was born in London and have lived here my whole life.

vanillakid
Informer
Informer

Post by vanillakid »

For some reason I watched her make up storage video, and regretted it at once after that cheesy stop motion bit in the beginning. Does anyone (except Lily) actually like the stop motion segments in her videos? It just looks so bad, and to me, it doesn't make her look super creative or whatever she want to be perceived as by making those segments.

English is not my first language

Post by Guest »

vanillakid wrote:For some reason I watched her make up storage video, and regretted it at once after that cheesy stop motion bit in the beginning. Does anyone (except Lily) actually like the stop motion segments in her videos? It just looks so bad, and to me, it doesn't make her look super creative or whatever she want to be perceived as by making those segments.
It doesn't give off a professional or sophisticated vibe at all.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I think for her and Anna relatability lies in being an everyday girl. At least that's why I watch them, I can put make up on much better and easier on a daily basis, sorry not sorry.

Pria
Learner
Learner

Post by Pria »

Pennycray wrote:I have the feeling that lily is starting to panic a bit, she's mentioned a few times about wanting to be different and create different content. The arty farty Autumn video ( which lets face it, was just a tarted up Autumn tag ) was just incredibly dull and try-hard and if she thought that was being different than its a massive fail.
The fact of the matter is that lily (and Anna, but that's another story) fit in to this really irrelevant category all by themselves.
The other Brit (and mainly gleam) girls like Nic & Sam, Ruth, Zoë, Tanya, Louise, Gabriella and now Fleur are all bringing products to the mass market. What on earth would you buy from lily? Genuinely, what could she sell? And let's face it that's what gleam are after, a cash cow. She's just not marketable and quite frankly not even that likeable and I'm not sure who exactly she appeals to. She's not particularly fashionable, she does the same makeup look whatever the weather and moans constantly.
You bring up a good point. I was wondering why she felt so anxious--when she had a great time at Soho Farmhouse, the Stylist talk (but she's done those before at Google, etc.) and now she's back in the country side with friends. What on Earth could she be anxious about?!! That sounds like the best week ever to me. It could stem from wanting more and keeping up with the others in her category. What could she sell? Planners/notebooks? I guess Jim has done that. Makeup bag collaboration with Accessorize? Has that been done? Moving on...I'm not getting paid for this.
I actually find Lily likeable--yeah, she moans, but I'd rather that than fake peppy persona some YT-er put on. I want to see people the closest to the way they are in real life and if that's her, it works for me. Lily also clearly comes from some money, but she seems to be pretty good with it, but then also indulges. I like that her ring was larger than expected but she doesn't come across as prissy as other YTers. I appreciate that in her.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I also like her and Anna because they are themselves, with all the flaws.

biggossipyswampy
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by biggossipyswampy »

I feel like Anna and Lily have a dedicated fanbase but that fanbase is probably as blah milktoast and lacking in enthusiasm as they are and would not be motivated to buy anything either of them shilled, or at least not enough of it to make it worth the production effort. Their subscriber counts are growing really slowly (it seems) compared to other gurus. Both of them seem to lack any kind of "x factor" or niche that is compelling. They are maybe too relatable to the point of being boring. Hell, Lily would instantly become more interesting if she'd stop torturing her hair and manage her natural curls.

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

biggossipyswampy wrote:Hell, Lily would instantly become more interesting if she'd stop torturing her hair and manage her natural curls.
THIS. I never cared for straight hair on her tbh, it seems always off (or maybe that's just me.) Her hair must be fried with all the straightenings and brazilian blowdry and whatnots over the years.
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

Post by Guest »

Tbh I think she looked so much nicer with longer curly hair from the pics she's shown us from her uni days. I wish she would just embrace her natural curls, it's got to be better than the fried, parched look. Straight hair doesn't really suit her imo, especially with that centre parting she always has which makes it look a bit severe.

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

Pennycray wrote:I have the feeling that lily is starting to panic a bit, she's mentioned a few times about wanting to be different and create different content. The arty farty Autumn video ( which lets face it, was just a tarted up Autumn tag ) was just incredibly dull and try-hard and if she thought that was being different than its a massive fail.
this is so true.
I didn't think of this, that being a successful Youtuber doesn't mean that you have a lot of subscribers any longer, but how much shit you can sell through it ... I really wonder who buys Tanyas plastic-y eyeshadow quad for example? I certainly can't imagine all those YTers using their own stuff themselves, when their videos regularly are just a huge high-end splurge ...
Lily and Anna did those Beauty Chat Live meetups a while ago, wonder how much cash that swept into their pockets ;) I never understood why you would want to go to such an event - I mean, it's not they are rock starts that one would be dying to meet ... and I imagine their main audience to be a bit older that the 12-year-old average Zoella follower ... one would think people of a certain age would be wiser :D

northern native
Informer
Informer

Post by northern native »

This might just be my pet peeve, but does anyone else get annoyed when she rambles on about her RMK brushes? Like we get it, it's "so soft", can you please tell us about the makeup you're applying to your face instead of a brush you're gone on and on about in the past loads of times? She even made an entire video about her favorite makeup brushes. I don't need to see you dying over a brush you've had for like a year.

Really weird pet peeve, but there it is.

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

I have to admit I really like watching Lily's vlogs because she seems to be one of the very few youtubers who also have a social life off camera ... I think it's really something that she's been friends with her friends for such a long time ...
However I wonder how they feel when everytime they meet, Lily's unpacks the camera and starts vlogging? I mean, one girl in her last one obviously didn't want to be featured in it ... and even if I did not mind, I'd think it would be really annoying if your friend is talking to the camera all the time instead of talking to you...

What do you guys think about this?

Return to “Lily Pebbles”