whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

brashme
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by brashme »

:roll: Another video where she goes on about all the work she does.
Youtube and Blogging definately saved her ass cause I can't imagine her surviving in the "real world" with actual stress and deadlines.

slap
Informer
Informer

Post by slap »

I feel as if she thinks all these vlogs about her vlogs are giving us and insight into what she's doing. But it's just moans and it's kinda boring.
Her description is telling too...

"Another day, another vlog..."
If it's boring you that much, Lily, guess what? We were bored before!

Nin
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Nin »

brashme wrote::roll: Another video where she goes on about all the work she does.
Youtube and Blogging definately saved her ass cause I can't imagine her surviving in the "real world" with actual stress and deadlines.
I reckon she would have managed just fine. Just like all the other youtubers out there. I think the problem is though, that YouTube totally ruins people, makes them lazy and generally unappreciative of just how good they have it, once they start doing it fulltime. It's amazing how many of them really seem to lose all sight of what it's like to actually live outside of youtube.
I can't see these youtubers like Lily being "gurus" forever. It will be very interesting to see how the ones like her with very little actual talent manage when it all starts to fall apart.

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

'I need to take some PHO-TOES for my blooooog' :FU:

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

Nin wrote:
brashme wrote::roll: Another video where she goes on about all the work she does.
I reckon she would have managed just fine. Just like all the other youtubers out there. I think the problem is though, that YouTube totally ruins people, makes them lazy and generally unappreciative of just how good they have it, once they start doing it fulltime. It's amazing how many of them really seem to lose all sight of what it's like to actually live outside of youtube.
I can't see these youtubers like Lily being "gurus" forever. It will be very interesting to see how the ones like her with very little actual talent manage when it all starts to fall apart.
I agree, she seemed like a hard worker at the start when she had a real job. Although she did always go on about her "two pages long CV" which turned out to be filled with short work experience stints (ie not meaningful periods of time). Not that there's anything wrong with that, you gotta do what you gotta do and all that, but she really oversold it. Actually like how she over sells how busy she is and how hard she works nowadays!

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

Annoyingly enough I'm sure she'll go on to be a beauty editor of some magazine when YouTube starts to fizzle out for her.

Post by Guest »

Honestly, I just wish Lily would do something with her brows. They're so distracting and take away from the rest of her features.

JadeSumner
Talker
Talker

Post by JadeSumner »

bitchesbelike wrote:Annoyingly enough I'm sure she'll go on to be a beauty editor of some magazine when YouTube starts to fizzle out for her.

Oh goodness..

snarkvark
Informer
Informer

Post by snarkvark »

daddyoh wrote:Image

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

liz earle should stop payment bc of this.
I can't deal with vloggers/bloggers not being able to take constructive criticism. I didn't get to see any of the comments left so I don't know if they were rude or mean, but if people were were saying they disliked the content and give reasons why, Lily should listen not switch off the comments because she can't deal with it.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

New video today: "monthly make-up routine"

This just seems so effing lazy because her make-up always looks the same! She said "and also just a warning these make-up videos will obviously be quite simple..." yeah right you're just being LAZY!!

She also apologised for her eyebrows and how she "needs to pluck them". Yes, they've been like that for ages, sort it out woman! We all know you've got the time despite claiming to be "sooooo busy"

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

That video was soooooooooo boring. Reminded me of Anna's "makeup menu"
I'm sorry but her eyebrows actually made me feel ill in that video, like fair enough she's like I need to get them done, but when she brushed them up I was horrified! And at one point on the right eyebrow there was like a bit drooping down. Ughhh. I feel cheated haha because the video wasn't even worth watching and then I had to deal with that!

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

So her new feature is basically something Anna's been doing for ages now (her makeup menu videos)… I don't know why I'm surprised!

I couldn't finish the video, it was pretty boring, I only made it 2 minutes in and gave up!

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

bitchesbelike wrote:That video was soooooooooo boring. Reminded me of Anna's "makeup menu"
I'm sorry but her eyebrows actually made me feel ill in that video, like fair enough she's like I need to get them done, but when she brushed them up I was horrified! And at one point on the right eyebrow there was like a bit drooping down. Ughhh. I feel cheated haha because the video wasn't even worth watching and then I had to deal with that!
I didn't see this before I said basically the same thing haha

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

wtf wrote:
bitchesbelike wrote:That video was soooooooooo boring. Reminded me of Anna's "makeup menu"
I didn't see this before I said basically the same thing haha
hahaha why is she so booooring!

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

Why does Lily even bother making videos when she looks like this 99% of the time..

Also she does the bare minimum and still complains that she's got so much work to do. Sort it out, Lily.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

Her makeup collection video.
"I haven't really cleaned."
Well, why not?
She's making an HD video and why not take 5 minutes to wipe fingertips off those clear muji containers?
Ridiculous.

holly golightly
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by holly golightly »

She's not much better but at least Anna at least TRIES- for better or for worse- to make hers look slightly different. There's no detailed reviewing, there's no education because let's face it they both no little to nothing about make up application or the science behind skincare. When Lily says that her monthly make up routines are not going to look that different she might as well be saying straight up "Yes I'm a walking advertisement and the only thing that is different is that THESE are the products I've been paid to pimp out this month".

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

'stuff i have to talk about in videos' lol k lily. as long as the price is right, eh?

3/4 of her collection seems to have disappeared since the last time she's done one of these. a whole ikea alex is missing and what was in her current one was bare. at this point i have more makeup than she does. wtf is going on?

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf »

hotlips wrote:I do like Lily but I am starting to get the lazy blogger label she is has. She had 5 Models Own polishes on yesterday's (I think) blog post and only applied 1 colour to show us. You cannot see the polish through the bottle. Even putting 1 colour on each finger would have given us an idea of how they translate. Really. That was either slack or dizzy.
It's just SO lazy. She's given "exclusives" on some of the things she blogs about and even then she can't write a proper post (I'm not sure if the models own post was an exclusive though).

Most of her blog posts are under 200 words - I get there's not always a lot to say about something but it's your job, don't do it half-arsedly.

slp07
Learner
Learner

Post by slp07 »

how many times can one person say palette

Return to “Lily Pebbles”