Ingrid - the most UNETHICAL Beauty Guru??

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ingrid - the most UNETHICAL Beauty Guru??

Post by BellaJane »

maoaimeng wrote:Jealous much? Because that's how I feel after reading the post above me.

There's nothing wrong with being rich and you made it sounds like you should be ashamed if your parents are rich. I think you are too judgmental about it and I doubt if you will be able to feel that way if you suddenly become rich (I'm sorry if you already are).

I have my issues with Ingrid and I don't mind people saying her makeup is ugly or she is overly bubbly or whatever, I respect those people's 'hate' because in my eyes it makes sense although I don't mind the same things about her. I do think she spends a lot, but she's also making a lot off YouTube nowadays regardless of how much you dislike the way she's making money, she is very big on YouTube now and she is successful in her career in that sense. So the way you describe her like she's a loser just doesn't reflect the reality.

Also, I have never sensed any proud in her for the fact that she's rich and I have been watching her for more than 3 years so I wonder how you sensed that apart from the fact that you read too much into the fact that she's rich...
Jealous of Ingrid? No.
Jealous of anyone who can make $300K salary doing 5 hours of "work" per week? Fuck yes.
There's absolutely nothing wrong with being wealthy...if you earn it. And I don't mean "earn it" as in get people to worship you enough that companies pay you to advertise a product, even if it means lying to people who trust you (as most of Ingrid's viewers do). And she certainly doesn't put in enough work to warrant earning 6 figures.

Nobody is saying that she should be ashamed of coming from a "rich" family. But that is part of why she's so "YouTube famous." Any one of us could do that if we could all quit our jobs and have an infinite amount of money to devote to shopping and giving prizes away every week. And that's how Ingrid was able to do it, because she was born into a family that was able to support her while she built up her channel to be as profitable as possible. Sure she worked at a store part time for at least a little while at the beginning, but not for long. As far as I'm concerned, Ingrid isn't worth what she gets paid and does not deserve to make the money that she makes.

You don't mind people criticizing her looks or her personality, but you object to people questioning whether she deserves the money she makes? Because that makes a ton of sense. This girl makes 8x more than most of us and all she does is posts 10 minute videos on YouTube a few times a month. My uncle has been a pediatric surgeon for 17 years and doesn't make much more than Ingrid. That is a travesty.

Just for the record...YouTube is not a career, it's a hobby.

And Klein, in the real world it's almost always about whether you're worthy of what you get paid. If you have no marketable skills and no education, you're going to be stuck working a dead-end, minimum wage job because that's all you're worth. If you graduated top of your class from Harvard Law and worked hard enough to score a 175 on the MBE, you're going to be making a hell of a lot more because you earned that and you deserve it. You're self employed, right? If you hired someone to do work for you, you'd pay them based on what they are worth and what they deserve, correct? You wouldn't just shoot off any arbitrary number because "making money isn't about deserving it," would you?

Advertising revenue is ridiculous and a terrible excuse for earned income. People have gotten paid millions of dollars for having brand logos tattooed on their bodies or wearing nothing but a company's T-shirt for an entire year. They didn't earn that money, nor did they deserve it. It happened, yeah, but that doesn't make it right and that doesn't mean I need to be okay with it. You may be, but most of us are not.

maoaimeng
Learner
Learner

Post by maoaimeng »

Hahaha, I think we live in two paralle worlds, so all the words you just typed in still SCREAM jealousy in my ears and the more I read the more it made me feel that way.

So many people make easy money nowadays, why not just hate on all of them just because in your mind "They don't deserve it"? Let me just give you an example, I have a friend whose family is filthy rich, and she can easily spend $50K on a piece of jewllry, I don't judge her because that's what she can afford and in my mind if you can afford it then there is no way I will say " Oh how about all the poor people or those who live on benefits??" What's the point? You just have to accept some people are rich when they don't do anything while some are poor even when they work their butt off, this is how cruel this society is. If you have anything to blame, just blame that you were not born in a family that allows you to spend money without a second thought. And as for my friend, she easily makes $5000 just by selling jewllry because she's a VIP of many high end jewllry stores and she gets discounted price on fine jewllry so she can buy them slightly discounted and then sell them for a bit cheaper than the original price (not cheating, mutually beneficial actually) which in turn resulting in her earning loads in an easy step. I guess you will probably be so angry about it too but let me tell you if you have a large sum of money to begin a business it will naturally be easier to make more money than if you start with little money.

Ok this may be irrelevant to Ingrid but I just want you to know that there is no such thing as 'deserving' , if you want to compare with someone, choose someone that's from a similar background like you, and don't hate on those that have a different lifestyle just because they can afford it.

maoaimeng
Learner
Learner

Post by maoaimeng »

And by the way I believe YouTube is a career, whether you accept it or not.

FAKEBLOOD
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by FAKEBLOOD »

Bravo, BellaJane.

I love how jealousy is always assumed when talking about how much money YouTubers make.

And YouTube is not a career—it's a brief stint. Get back to me in a few years when Ingrid is broke and working at Forever 21.

maoaimeng
Learner
Learner

Post by maoaimeng »

FAKEBLOOD wrote:Bravo, BellaJane.

I love how jealousy is always assumed when talking about how much money YouTubers make.

And YouTube is not a career—it's a brief stint. Get back to me in a few years when Ingrid is broke and working at Forever 21.
Yes, she could be, but it won't change the fact that she's making enough now and maybe saving for the future. And to be honest, I cannot think of a second word other than jealousy to describe people who have problems with others making easy money, is high morality you wish me to think? LOL so fake.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

BellaJane wrote:And Klein, in the real world it's almost always about whether you're worthy of what you get paid. If you have no marketable skills and no education, you're going to be stuck working a dead-end, minimum wage job because that's all you're worth. If you graduated top of your class from Harvard Law and worked hard enough to score a 175 on the MBE, you're going to be making a hell of a lot more because you earned that and you deserve it. You're self employed, right? If you hired someone to do work for you, you'd pay them based on what they are worth and what they deserve, correct? You wouldn't just shoot off any arbitrary number because "making money isn't about deserving it," would you?

Advertising revenue is ridiculous and a terrible excuse for earned income. People have gotten paid millions of dollars for having brand logos tattooed on their bodies or wearing nothing but a company's T-shirt for an entire year. They didn't earn that money, nor did they deserve it. It happened, yeah, but that doesn't make it right and that doesn't mean I need to be okay with it. You may be, but most of us are not.
Yes I am self-employed, and my industry directly supports marketing and advertising efforts, so I earn my $75/hour indirectly from advertising revenue. I have hired 2 people recently, and I am paying them based on their previous experience in the field of web analytics. Not based on their education. I'd have hired someone with just a high school diploma if they had the required experience I needed. It's not that they deserve that level of pay, but they earn it based on the work they do for me.

I guess bottom line, I don't see "deserve" and "earn" to be synonymous.

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

maoaimeng wrote:Hahaha, I think we live in two paralle worlds, so all the words you just typed in still SCREAM jealousy in my ears and the more I read the more it made me feel that way.

So many people make easy money nowadays, why not just hate on all of them just because in your mind "They don't deserve it"? Let me just give you an example, I have a friend whose family is filthy rich, and she can easily spend $50K on a piece of jewllry, I don't judge her because that's what she can afford and in my mind if you can afford it then there is no way I will say " Oh how about all the poor people or those who live on benefits??" What's the point? You just have to accept some people are rich when they don't do anything while some are poor even when they work their butt off, this is how cruel this society is. If you have anything to blame, just blame that you were not born in a family that allows you to spend money without a second thought. And as for my friend, she easily makes $5000 just by selling jewllry because she's a VIP of many high end jewllry stores and she gets discounted price on fine jewllry so she can buy them slightly discounted and then sell them for a bit cheaper than the original price (not cheating, mutually beneficial actually) which in turn resulting in her earning loads in an easy step. I guess you will probably be so angry about it too but let me tell you if you have a large sum of money to begin a business it will naturally be easier to make more money than if you start with little money.

Ok this may be irrelevant to Ingrid but I just want you to know that there is no such thing as 'deserving' , if you want to compare with someone, choose someone that's from a similar background like you, and don't hate on those that have a different lifestyle just because they can afford it.
You can call me jealous all you want, you're entitled to your opinion.

First, I never said I hated Ingrid. And I'm not hating on her. I'm stating what I believe, and that is simply that Ingrid doesn't deserve the money she makes. Nobody who posts a 10 minute video on YouTube once a week deserves to make six figures. Nobody who works 5 hours a week deserves to make 6 figures, unless in that 5 hours they've cured cancer or something.

Second, you have no idea how much money I make or what kind of family I come from, but it's lovely how you assume that I'm poor because of the way I view the world and that I'm only "angry" because I don't have that kind of money to spend. That is more judgmental than anything else I've seen on this forum.

And I'm sorry but there is such a thing as deserving. The definition is "To do something worthy of reward [or punishment]" OR "to have/show qualities worthy of reward [or punishment]." Do I think Ingrid does anything that is worthy of earning $300,000 a year? No, I do not. Do I think she has qualities worthy of earning $300,000 a year? No, I do not. Therefore I do not think she deserves it.

maoaimeng
Learner
Learner

Post by maoaimeng »

The fact that you think only people with certain education or qualifications can earn that much money is way more judgemental and unrealistic than I am. I was simply telling you how this society is like, if you want to live in your bubble, fine, I have no problem with that.

As for assuming you are poor, I'm sorry if you are actually super rich or a princesse or whatever that's good for you. Call me judgemental all you want, that's just my own opinion. I'm actually a bit surprised you picked those words out and emphasized them though, hehe.

You can keep saying Ingrid doesn't deserve the money she earns or the number of subs she has, but none of her fans will stop watching because of you and if they think her video is good then she will continue making that much money. I just feel if you can actually change something about her, say maybe ask her to be more specific in her disclaimer or become more professional in her videos then it's worthwhile judging, but what you keep arguing won't change Ingrid, nor the society. That's why I feel it's a bit funny to think like that. But fine, I won't be able to change you either so think however you like.

standingforwatsright
Stalker
Stalker

Post by standingforwatsright »

The fact that all of you so called 'humans' sit up on this website and pick out single flaws about this incredible woman disgusts me. She has worked hard to get where she is at. Maybe the people complaining about how much money they're earning should stop blaming Ingrid and stop and think 'Hmm, maybe this isn't some random girls fault. Maybe how much money I make has to do with me'. I'm not saying you don't work hard, but sitting here crushing someones feelings will not fix your own trash filled lives. No, getting of your arse and going to uni, or finding a better job will.

To say Ingrid lies and is not grateful for her subscribers is just an assumption, a shitty one at that. Do you think that she doesn't know she wouldn't be successful if it weren't for her subscribers? Of corse she does! She does give aways, meet and greets at Imats. If she didn't care she simply wouldn't do it. She's not stupid, if she was stupid how the hell did she gain so many supporters? She knows what she's talking about and she's damn good at what she does.

Who are you to say that she get's it easy and has such a nice life? I'm going to share a couple of facts with you all and maybe, just maybe you can get it through your thick heads.
1. Her life isn't perfect. Her father passed away when she was younger. Does that sound easy? But just look at her now.
2. Do you know the amount of hours, after hours it takes to; prepare the filming area, plan the video, film, edit and upload?
3. Why should she be picked on for simply enjoying what she loves to do, her dream?
4. For someone the gets nasty comments on a regular basis, yet still makes video AND stays happy doesn't seem annoying to me. It's fucking inspiring.

You know it's people like this that hate upon people for simple little things that are not deserved that makes me question humanity. It really does. And all of you so called 'haters' out here reading this; you should know better. I am self diagnosing you all with 'tall poppy syndrome (Tall poppy syndrome (TPS) is a pejorative term primarily used in the UK, Canada, New Zealand and other Anglosphere nations to describe a social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are resented, attacked, cut down, or criticised because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.) So before you right down a so called 'harmless' or what I or any normal person would called rude or nasty think, 'what if this person reads this, how would they feel?'.

Sincerely a disappointed 14 year old that is more and more disgusted by her own race everyday.

hardcore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hardcore »

@ standingforwatsright
standingforwatsright wrote:The fact that all of you so called 'humans' sit up on this website...
Your comment is funny. Please, explain. Do you mean, that we are not humans? Who are we then?
standingforwatsright wrote:She has worked hard to get where she is at.
You know, killers and robbers often "work" hard too. So what? Moreover, it does not seem, that she worked hard at all. If you want to know, what is really a hard work, watch this video till its end:
>>>
standingforwatsright wrote:...the people complaining about how much money they're earning should stop blaming Ingrid...
I do not complain about "how much money" she earns. I complain about how specious her way to earn those money. Many of her followers do not understand, that they are deceived by her fake image.
standingforwatsright wrote:...sitting here crushing someones feelings will not fix your own trash filled lives.
I do not understand, why you think, that our lives are "trash filled". And, please, excuse me, if I hurt your feelings here. I sincerely did not want it.
standingforwatsright wrote:Do you think that she doesn't know she wouldn't be successful if it weren't for her subscribers? ...If she didn't care she simply wouldn't do it.
Yes, she knows, that her "success" of being a hypocrite with her followers depends on her fake image. So, she definitely cares about it. It does not mean, that she really cares about those people and their problems. Her channels are only for extolling her own fake persona.
standingforwatsright wrote:Her father passed away when she was younger. Does that sound easy?
No, it does not. But does it matter? I grown up without my father at all. It has not been easy too...
standingforwatsright wrote:Do you know the amount of hours, after hours it takes to; prepare the filming area, plan the video, film, edit and upload?
No, I do not know. I also do not know the amount of hours it takes to prepare a bank robbery. So what? I just know, that, if we do not punish a bad behavior in our society, we shall have miserable lives indeed.
standingforwatsright wrote:Why should she be picked on for simply enjoying what she loves to do, her dream?
Because she wrecks dreams of other people in the process.

hardcore
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hardcore »

@ Kleineganz
Kleineganz wrote:When has earning money ever been about deserving it, especially when earning through advertising revenue?
Ha-ha! Yeah... Times of honest advertising for your business had gone, Kleineganz, had it not? (;
Kleineganz wrote:...I don't see "deserve" and "earn" to be synonymous.
I do not either.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Saying someone is jealous of someone else just because they don't agree with something or dislike something about that person is really childish. The world is not black and white and the sooner you realize that, the better.

That's all I'm going to add to that.
imma ball til the day i fall

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

standingforwatsright wrote:Do you know the amount of hours, after hours it takes to; prepare the filming area, plan the video, film, edit and upload?
I know. I'm also a YouTuber and I usually post 4-5 videos / week (including one vlog). Based on my experience with YouTube, I have estimated that it takes about 5 - 10 hours for her to set-up, film, edit, render and upload one beauty video.

maoaimeng
Learner
Learner

Post by maoaimeng »

Angie V wrote:Saying someone is jealous of someone else just because they don't agree with something or dislike something about that person is really childish. The world is not black and white and the sooner you realize that, the better.

You just generalized my point way too much and reached a complete nonsense conclusion. It's money we are talking about here, SPECIFICALLY. I don't disagree with other people on everything and the fact that you keep holding your opinion and then turn around and say other people are childish when they don't agree with you is so contradictory at least in my eyes.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

maoaimeng wrote:
Angie V wrote:Saying someone is jealous of someone else just because they don't agree with something or dislike something about that person is really childish. The world is not black and white and the sooner you realize that, the better.

You just generalized my point way too much and reached a complete nonsense conclusion. It's money we are talking about here, SPECIFICALLY. I don't disagree with other people on everything and the fact that you keep holding your opinion and then turn around and say other people are childish when they don't agree with you is so contradictory at least in my eyes.
I don't even think you know what you're saying.
imma ball til the day i fall

makeupnewbie
Informer
Informer

Post by makeupnewbie »

So I just read this awesome post about hauls and how unethical they are, and I couldn't help but think of Ingrid :)
http://gingerrrama.wordpress.com/2013/07/24/hauls/

someoneyeah
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by someoneyeah »

hardcore wrote:
standingforwatsright wrote:Why should she be picked on for simply enjoying what she loves to do, her dream?
Because she wrecks dreams of other people in the process.
Umm when did Ingrid ever wreck dreams of other people??

Enoughisenough
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Enoughisenough »

maoaimeng wrote:And by the way I believe YouTube is a career, whether you accept it or not.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

standingforwatsright wrote:The fact that all of you so called 'humans' sit up on this website and pick out single flaws about this incredible woman disgusts me. She has worked hard to get where she is at. Maybe the people complaining about how much money they're earning should stop blaming Ingrid and stop and think 'Hmm, maybe this isn't some random girls fault. Maybe how much money I make has to do with me'.
money??? you mean there is other revenue than gum?????
standingforwatsright wrote:I'm not saying you don't work hard, but sitting here crushing someones feelings will not fix your own trash filled lives. No, getting of your arse and going to uni, or finding a better job will.
i looked up arse in the dictionary. lol, that means ass in american.
hm, last time i checked, i think i AM going to a uni. (you left out the "-versity" part. that's lazy!!!!)
hm, i need to get a better job to become a good person? OH NO OH NO OH NO! I AM NOT A GOOD PEOPLES :( :( :(
standingforwatsright wrote:To say Ingrid lies and is not grateful for her subscribers is just an assumption, a shitty one at that.
you know what word is inside assumption? ASS! i mean arse. i mean haha you said ASS and SHIT.
standingforwatsright wrote: Do you think that she doesn't know she wouldn't be successful if it weren't for her subscribers? Of corse she does! She does give aways, meet and greets at Imats. If she didn't care she simply wouldn't do it. She's not stupid, if she was stupid how the hell did she gain so many supporters? She knows what she's talking about and she's damn good at what she does.
hm my school doesn't have a classes in "haulisms" or "getting ready-ology". fuck my school is so stupid and i am stupid.
standingforwatsright wrote:Who are you to say that she get's it easy and has such a nice life? I'm going to share a couple of facts with you all and maybe, just maybe you can get it through your thick heads.
1. Her life isn't perfect. Her father passed away when she was younger. Does that sound easy? But just look at her now.
2. Do you know the amount of hours, after hours it takes to; prepare the filming area, plan the video, film, edit and upload?
3. Why should she be picked on for simply enjoying what she loves to do, her dream?
4. For someone the gets nasty comments on a regular basis, yet still makes video AND stays happy doesn't seem annoying to me. It's fucking inspiring.
FACTS!!!!!!!!!!! i love facts. where do you get them?? a school? A SCHOOL WHERE THEY TEACH HAULISMS AND GETTING READY-OLOGY?????? HOW DO I APPLY??????????
standingforwatsright wrote: You know it's people like this that hate upon people for simple little things that are not deserved that makes me question humanity. It really does. And all of you so called 'haters' out here reading this; you should know better.
who's doing the so-calling? you? us? i am so confused and stupid and go to a bad school :( ass! shit!
standingforwatsright wrote:I am self diagnosing you all with 'tall poppy syndrome (Tall poppy syndrome (TPS) is a pejorative term primarily used in the UK, Canada, New Zealand and other Anglosphere nations to describe a social phenomenon in which people of genuine merit are resented, attacked, cut down, or criticised because their talents or achievements elevate them above or distinguish them from their peers.)
yay doctorisms!! that is cool! wait a minute, i just remembered something! i am pre-med! i can do these things too! i diagnose you with being british!! or canadian! or new zealandian! you said arse!
standingforwatsright wrote: So before you right down a so called 'harmless' or what I or any normal person would called rude or nasty think, 'what if this person reads this, how would they feel?'.
did you mean "write down" and not "right down"? man that is dumb as ass shit! lmao
standingforwatsright wrote: Sincerely a disappointed 14 year old that is more and more disgusted by her own race everyday.
i am so not into racism and find your post bad because of this.

Enoughisenough
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Enoughisenough »

^^^ take it easy she's 14 no need to break out the ak 47's for the child! :love2: :love2:

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”