bbbubblyyy
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0

Re: Miss Sponsorazzi / Ingreed Nilsen General Thread Part 18

Post by bbbubblyyy »

thatsranunculus wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:19 pm
She just posted a video revealing a "fragrance combining palette," which is a collab between Ingrid and Jo Malone. I can't tell if the little compacts with two solid fragrances are a new launch or something they've had for a while, but it appears the collab part is the "Ingrid Nilsen's Perfect Pair" set, which contains Peony & Blush Suede and Wood Sage & Sea Salt and comes in a little pink pouch. Honestly those are my two favorite fragrances in the world (either together or apart, both to wear and as home fragrance), so I think this is actually sort of a worthwhile item. It's expensive and I have full bottles of both scents, so I probably won't buy it, but it's not overly branded with her name and I assume Jo Malone has kept the product quality on par with their general stock. It's just...she just seems like a slightly random choice for a collab, right? There are SO many influencers who love Jo Malone (especially those two fragrances).
I'm surprised to see that it's sold out. Maybe, like you, people like the scent combination because she's hardly relevant anymore. I can't imagine someone rushing out to buy something because it has her name on.

azure
Informer
Informer

Post by azure »

This is all I see looking at her now

hp13
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by hp13 »

I feel like the discussion about her teeth deteriorating is finally breaking through the mainstream. I've seen a lot of comments from people (some of them from the dental industry) expressing concern about her teeth's appearance.

Aside, I'm a little bummed the collab sold out because I'd love to have solid forms of those Jo Malone perfumes. I'm happy her name appears to only be seen on the card insert in the package.

prettylights92
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by prettylights92 »

thatsranunculus wrote:She just posted a video revealing a "fragrance combining palette," which is a collab between Ingrid and Jo Malone. I can't tell if the little compacts with two solid fragrances are a new launch or something they've had for a while, but it appears the collab part is the "Ingrid Nilsen's Perfect Pair" set, which contains Peony & Blush Suede and Wood Sage & Sea Salt and comes in a little pink pouch. Honestly those are my two favorite fragrances in the world (either together or apart, both to wear and as home fragrance), so I think this is actually sort of a worthwhile item. It's expensive and I have full bottles of both scents, so I probably won't buy it, but it's not overly branded with her name and I assume Jo Malone has kept the product quality on par with their general stock. It's just...she just seems like a slightly random choice for a collab, right? There are SO many influencers who love Jo Malone (especially those two fragrances).

Yeah I don’t get why they chose her either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elleayezee
Informer
Informer

Post by Elleayezee »

hp13 wrote:I feel like the discussion about her teeth deteriorating is finally breaking through the mainstream. I've seen a lot of comments from people (some of them from the dental industry) expressing concern about her teeth's appearance.

Aside, I'm a little bummed the collab sold out because I'd love to have solid forms of those Jo Malone perfumes. I'm happy her name appears to only be seen on the card insert in the package.
Not trying to promote Ingrid, but I also like the idea of solid perfumes and those particular scents. I was able to snag one this morning. I think they go in and out of stock, so keep checking if you want one!

hp13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hp13 »

Y'all...she's pushing Vanity Planet products now. Talk about a complete turnaround for releases this month.

Edited: I wanted to add that I looked on Jo Malone's website for her collab and it doesn't even show up in searches now. I've even followed the link from her IG bio and it just takes me to the JM home site. Normally, it'd just be the product page saying it's sold out, right? That's what it was for me when I posted the other day.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Why does

She speak

So

Slowly

QueenJac
Learner
Learner

Post by QueenJac »

She spent 5 minutes going on about her wallpaper instead of showing us all of her bookshelves which IMO would have been way more interesting. For someone who claims to be so creative, her creative instincts are so lacking. She's a great businesswoman, but creatively? Needs work.

trtrtram
Lurker
Lurker

Post by trtrtram »

PocusHocus wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:38 pm
Why does

She speak

So

Slowly
Omggg this. Like, spit it out woman!

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

Her life seem so dull.

Post by Guest »

She needs to go-to a dentist and a real dermatologist. How in the world does ones teeth get like that. Her hair and face are so oily. Why do people not invest in the money to see an actual doctor to help their skin and hair. Her teeth look like she smokes or has sever plaque build up. She needs to invest in a dental cleaning and an electric toothbrush. Maybe prescription tooth paste.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

QueenJac
Learner
Learner

Post by QueenJac »

Off topic but i just read Hannah's memoir (which is fantastic) and it just further opened my eyes to how lazy Ingrid is. For all her talk what has she actually created besides videos and the jewellery line? Other creators have movies, books, Hannah created a whole volunteering initiative. And sure it doesnt work out but at least they have something theyve made. All Ingrid does is attach her name to things and call it a collab, and go on a spiel and get paid for it.

I'm seriously asking why at least a book hasnt happened yet. Sadly it just may be a combo of laziness and inflated self-ego. A horrible combination.

thatsranunculus
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by thatsranunculus »

QueenJac wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:05 pm
Off topic but i just read Hannah's memoir (which is fantastic) and it just further opened my eyes to how lazy Ingrid is. For all her talk what has she actually created besides videos and the jewellery line? Other creators have movies, books, Hannah created a whole volunteering initiative. And sure it doesnt work out but at least they have something theyve made. All Ingrid does is attach her name to things and call it a collab, and go on a spiel and get paid for it.

I'm seriously asking why at least a book hasnt happened yet. Sadly it just may be a combo of laziness and inflated self-ego. A horrible combination.
I usually avoid reading "celebrity"/YouTube memoirs, but I agree! Hannah's was way better than I expected it to be. She's a thoughtful person and clearly cares about using her story and the things she has experienced to help others in a meaningful way.

I'm also sort of surprised Ingrid hasn't done a book yet. That seems like a natural route for her—she has semi-regularly talked about books on her channel, she writes those long-winded and faux-deep Instagram captions, she clearly thinks she's insightful, etc. But she has relatively low engagement for the number of subscribers she has, right? So maybe agents/publishers are skeptical that what remains of her audience would actually bother to dish out $25+ for a book with her name on the cover? If she wrote/worked with a ghostwriter on a book that actually went into her childhood, the homophobia around her that she alluded to in her coming out video, her mom's illness, her dad's death, the relationships she had with guys before coming out, her time in New York that led to her publicly coming out, how her life has changed/improved since then, etc., that could be interesting and I would probably pick it up. But of course these YTer books are rarely willing to get truly introspective or go into detail about formative experiences. Not that all memoirs have to be huge, dramatic tell-alls, but if it just barely scratches the surface, it's not going to be compelling to readers. I suspect she would follow the Lily Pebbles/Anna Edit route instead by writing a book about a specific subject rather than a memoir, something that could potentially pull in an audience beyond her subscribers, and that it would just be insufferable nonsense about her brand of vague girl power/period/poop talk feminism. :?
"Maybe she's born with it, maybe it's lies. It's probably lies."—Michelle Wolf

hp13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hp13 »

I wanted to follow up here on the Jo Malone collab. I was able to order it after the weird site issue (where her entire page didn't appear) and when Ingrid announced that this would be the last chance "ever" to order. I really did order it for the scent combo since I fell in love with how both scents layered when I was in a Sephora last month, and this was the most cost-effective way to have these scents without spending like a hundred bucks.

Side note: I def recommend. I don't know if it's just for this specific product but you get both solid scents AND their refills. I thought that was pretty cool since most perfume is like, here it is one and done. That'll be extra for your refill.

What I thought was most interesting was what was on the card that made it "Ingrid's" as opposed to just a JM pairing. Apparently, her relationship is the idea behind the collab...

"I've been wearing Peony & Blush Suede for six years now and it is my signature everyday scent. My girlfriend wears Wood Sage & Sea Salt, and I love how the two smell together. The palette is really representative of us - we have our own distinct, individual lives but they merge together in a really beautiful way as well."

notahater07
Talker
Talker

Post by notahater07 »

OT but isn't Erica her past assistant / person who helped her with her videos?? I remember when she had another girflriend and she said in a video that her gf isn't jealous of Erica and that they're friends and only friends... Is it the same one or am I mistaken?

If she's the same, it was so clear that they were gonna end up together lol

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

notahater07 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:46 am
OT but isn't Erica her past assistant / person who helped her with her videos?? I remember when she had another girflriend and she said in a video that her gf isn't jealous of Erica and that they're friends and only friends... Is it the same one or am I mistaken?

I think you’re thinking of Eileen who Ingrid was basically attached at the hip to.

notahater07
Talker
Talker

Post by notahater07 »

kayuhsee wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 am
notahater07 wrote:

I think you’re thinking of Eileen who Ingrid was basically attached at the hip to.
Oh yes thank you!!! They're no longer working together?

kayuhsee
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by kayuhsee »

notahater07 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:56 am
kayuhsee wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:51 am
notahater07 wrote:

Oh yes thank you!!! They're no longer working together?
When Ingrid moved Eileen stayed in LA. She has some new assistant but Ingrid doesn’t show her as much as she showed Eileen.

anongirl55
Lurker
Lurker

Post by anongirl55 »

I haven't watched Ingrid in ages. Has she still decided that she is gay or did she switch personalities again?

hp13
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hp13 »

Looks like Ingrid's Jo Malone collab wasn't particularly exclusive to her. Fleur de Force has a perfect pair as well with similar packaging and such. I wonder who will be next?

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”