Mourning over MissGlamorazzi {AKA MissTriesToBeWeirdorazzi}

katrina90
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mourning over MissGlamorazzi {AKA MissTriesToBeWeirdorazzi}

Post by katrina90 »

I'd like to preface this by saying that this post is not intended to insult anyone, I don't think it's fair to hurt other people's feelings, especially on the internet which is already a deeply cruel place.I don't think Ingrid Nilsen is a bad person, :respekt: , I don't know her personally, but these are just some things I've slowly gathered about her channel over time.

That said, what in the world is happening (or has happened) to Ingrid?

I have been a fan of Ingrid's, like most of her fans, for quite some time now. I've always browsed Guru Gosspier, but, guilty as charged, always lurked and never posted. Some things people say are truly WAY over thinking the lives of other people, nitpicking and just finding things to complain about. But a lot of other things people comment about hold a lot of truth to them.

Everyone talks about Youtubers "Elle and Blairing it," which as you all know means slowly declining from Youtuber favorite to the laughing stock of the internet. I have some Youtubers I watch that I felt were genuinely likable people, I never wanted them to succumb to this level of humiliation.

However….. I can't help but feel as though most of them do it to themselves. I know, I know, they have to make a living somehow. I understand some level of endorsement…..if it's genuine. But there's a fine line between genuine and tacky. (Pulling a Wendy's salad out of your beach bag, for example. C'mon now. Really?) In Ingrid's case, that Covergirl New Years Eve advertisement of a video was just tacky. At least add in ONE Mac or Nars product or SOMETHING. When I saw that video, my heart dropped a little because it was as though I could tell the future.

Where I once loved Ingrid because you could tell everything she talked about came from the heart rather than ambassador duty, she has slowly drifted away. Her vlogs were once interesting, she was always out doing something fun, you could tell her videos were all her. Throughout time, she was on that slow and steady decline, but I think we all had hope for her to pull out of the "rat race" lifestyle of YT... now I'm afraid she's hit rock bottom.

One thing that bugs me, like everyone else, is the blatant abuse of the word "weird." This is a word that should NEVER HAVE BEEN ADDED TO HER VOCABULARY, because now it's 75% of what she says. "So I feel a little weird saying this, but I am somebody that loves packing." ….What? What part of that is weird? "I like ice cream because I am weird," "I like to go to Target because I AM SUCH A LITTLE WEIRDO," "I don't like putting in eye drops, you know, a COMMON thing that people often don't enjoy doing, Idon't know, I guess I'm just weird." No….Maybe if it was like "I have to lick my spaghetti noodles before adding sauce to them"" or "I think about toenails every time I wake up and go to bed at night." THAT stuff might be weird. Some people have a natural quirky personality and it's lovable, but only when it's genuine. When it's forced, it's ALWAYS obvious, and every viewer always suffers from secondhand embarrassment. (She's not the only one who tries so hard to be quirky, I feel like it's a common thing that plagues YT. As well as real life….I feel like all of the Abercrombie girls from high school decided overnight that they wanted a personality, so they try very hard. And we all see through it.) We all know that no one told her she was like Jessica Day, she just saw a character that she admired and decided she wanted to be like her. If anyone is like Jessica Day, it's probably Zooey herself. (Oh, that makes sense, doesn't it?) Also, in between the "finger dances" and the "Aaaaaand yeah, I'm just going to do that har har har" trails on the end of every sentence……C'mon. The cringing is going to give everyone wrinkles. The New Years Eve video "ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU CAN DANCE LIKE THIS ALL NIGHT" might have made me gag. I know I'm not the only one who had a mouth full of vomit..This scripted behavior in order to create a faux image just makes everyone sink into a long sadness for her.

Why I don't understand this "weird" thing she does is because everyone liked her JUST FINE when she acted natural. No one said "I wish she was a little more weird." So…why?

Also……The "how not to overpack your suitcase" video, which to me, was an obvious sell point for Eagle Creek, had the WORST outfits I have ever seen. She usually puts together really cute stuff. Maybe one of those outfits were cute. (The one with the skirt, tights, and kitty shoes.) The rest were pretty ugly. Some of them were straight up dyke attire. And WHO TOLD YOU TO BUY THOSE VANS?! WHO TOLD YOU THOSE WERE OKAY?! I KNOW it's not for the comfort, because I was in the eighth grade once, and those shoes rub the skin straight off of your feet. Converse are cuter and WAY comfier.

I'm not going to mention much about her relationship, because it's none of my business, but he kind of does come off as rude. I completely understand not wanting to be filmed for millions of people to watch. But in some of her snap chats, he looks totally annoyed. And maybe that's why she suddenly thinks she's weird, because he makes her feel that way? I don't know, I hope they really are happy, but it's just kind of an uncomfortable aspect of her life for her viewers. Have you ever had a friend who kind of shadowed her boyfriend's life and didn't really notice when he was rude to her because she just wanted him to like her so bad?! We've all had that friend and it's painful to watch. So I think, from what we have witnessed, that's what may be happening here. He may just be standoffish, I mean, he's from Jersey….(Half of my family is from New Jersey, I know how they can be, so I'm not insulting the state, it's just kind of a truth.) But who knows?

Last but not least…..Over two weeks between videos?! No way. Not cool, Ingrid, not cool. At least tell your viewers you're taking a break for a while. I don't understand what she could possibly be so busy with that she failed to make a video for over two weeks. She doesn't have school finals or a M-F job. This IS her job…..Did she get trapped in a Target dressing room?! Did she shrink into an action figurine and get stuck in her bowl of Cheeseless Mac and Cheese? That, to me, shows that she doesn't really seem to care anymore. So why should we?

Also, I've read a lot of Vessel rumors. I hope she is at least smarter than this…..If Ingrid goes to Vessel, I hope she implants a huge Covergirl Colorlicious Lipstick kiss goodbye to her career. Vessel screams "failure."

But hey, Google has Bing as it's failure little brother. I guess Youtube get one too now.

Her accomplice FleurdeForce, wherever that friendship trailed off to, is a good example of old Youtubers who still know how to do it right. Needless to say, I have sadly unsubscribed from her. I wish her the best and would totally resubscribe if she went back to being genuine and non gimmicky….but only time will tell.

katrina90
Lurker
Lurker

Re: Mourning over MissGlamorazzi {AKA MissTriesToBeWeirdoraz

Post by katrina90 »

Also…..I am an Ipsy subscriber and that Pacifica eyeshadow is absolute crap.

humletgo
Learner
Learner

Post by humletgo »

[youtube][/youtube]
she was bullied in school because she was weird, but this is the first time she talks about being bullied in school :good1:

earmuffal
Learner
Learner

Post by earmuffal »

BEST ESSAY EVER :rofl:

memebelushi128
Debater
Debater

Post by memebelushi128 »

She is overrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

humletgo wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
she was bullied in school because she was weird, but this is the first time she talks about being bullied in school :good1:
'

I don't believe she did. Another pathetic way of her to get attention
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

laraux
Informer
Informer

Post by laraux »

moonlightpixie wrote:
humletgo wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
'

I don't believe she did. Another pathetic way of her to get attention
Wasnt around here a thread an insider made which said she was popular in highschool? If she just made up she was bullied, that's sick.
sorry for any mistakes :love2: english is not my first language

Post by Guest »

She's probably just exaggerating disagreements between friends or something.

moonlightpixie
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by moonlightpixie »

maadisonlee wrote:She's probably just exaggerating disagreements between friends or something.
I can't stand her. She's soooo fake
Yer Burnt moonlightpixie! NICE TRY THO

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”