Please report MissGlamorrazi's plastic surgery video

Cinnamon_Dulce
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Please report MissGlamorrazi's plastic surgery video

Post by Cinnamon_Dulce »

I barely know Ingrid, but has anyone started a petition to put the video down? You'd be surprise how far those things can go

bloodcoffee
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bloodcoffee »

Cinnamon_Dulce wrote:I barely know Ingrid, but has anyone started a petition to put the video down? You'd be surprise how far those things can go
Yep. There's a petition here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/828/079/ ... ideo/#sign.

Copy-paste this into your sig to also raise awareness among GGers:

Code: Select all

[color=#0000FF][b]Please report MissGlamorrazi's plastic surgery [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOVMqhjkX54/]video[/url] to protect young girls from any kind of manipulation.[/b][/color]
EDIT: has anyone posted the petition link on the comment section of the original video?

Ibarr13
Talker
Talker

Post by Ibarr13 »

baies wrote:
Ibarr13 wrote: For so long I was incredibly ashamed of the scars and tried to hide them or joke them off when people saw them at summer camp. But then I got older and realized what aGIFT these scars were and became incredibly thankful that my parents had the health insurance/means to afford a life changing surgery, because of those scars I could walk and run and enjoy my life and not be stuck to a walker or to a wheelchair for the rest of my life.These scars have made me STRONG and given me a life I maybe wouldn't have had if I lived a different life.
Thank you for sharing your story, you are the type of person whose message should be heard. I completely agree with you. Ingrid has a platform and the knowledge that young girls look up to her. Instead of using that opportunity to reinforce positive body image or to demonstrate how it is possible to embrace your imperfections (indeed realize they can be the source of growth and gratitude) she chose to advertise a plastic surgeon. Young girls need actual positive role models who have overcome their negative perceptions of their "imperfections". The last thing they need is to be tweeting a stranger about plastic surgery or taking advice from someone who can't even embrace her own minor scars.
Thank you! <3 I just hate how influential these people can be (I heard teen girls talking about Andrea Russett &co in Francesca's the other day). People need to learn to love their bodies, it's taken me A LONG time to accept my scars and that I won't be some perfect person with no imperfections.

baies
Lurker
Lurker

Post by baies »

Ibarr13 wrote: Thank you! <3 I just hate how influential these people can be (I heard teen girls talking about Andrea Russett &co in Francesca's the other day). People need to learn to love their bodies, it's taken me A LONG time to accept my scars and that I won't be some perfect person with no imperfections.
You're welcome <3! I think what's so disturbing is that Ingrid disguised her advertorial with the appearance of being about acceptance, when in actuality she was promoting the opposite. She hides behind the idea of embracing imperfections, but if that was her intention then to bring in the idea of plastic surgery was completely unnecessary.

I think Ingrid has a lot of issues that she needs to work on, but unfortunately she's overlooked her problems and is seeking to "perfect" her outer appearance instead of looking inwardly. You're the kind of example I wish young girls could see. It does take time to accept ourselves, and I wish more people could advocate that to be beautiful doesn't mean to be without any scars. If adults choose to have plastic surgery that is their choice, but the truth is unless you can accept yourself as is, right now, you'll always be chasing something out of reach. It's difficult enough as adult women to understand this, I can't imagine how difficult it is for young girls these days. And Ingrid just contributed yet more misinformation into the sphere of tweens and teenagers. I hope in some small way she one day realizes that.

SpringDuck
Informer
Informer

Post by SpringDuck »

Ibarr13 wrote:I was catching up on this thread and her twitter and noticed she got voted for a Teen Choice Award. #1- Why are YouTubers getting nominated for this crap? #2- It makes me so so so sad that she got away with it.

When you're a tween/teen the SMALLEST imperfection can seem like the BIGGEST problem in your life. I had hip surgery when I was a tween so I could walk and as a result I have large scars on both of my hips. For so long I was incredibly ashamed of the scars and tried to hide them or joke them off when people saw them at summer camp. But then I got older and realized what aGIFT these scars were and became incredibly thankful that my parents had the health insurance/means to afford a life changing surgery, because of those scars I could walk and run and enjoy my life and not be stuck to a walker or to a wheelchair for the rest of my life.These scars have made me STRONG and given me a life I maybe wouldn't have had if I lived a different life. I've danced in greek sing, played college field hockey, hiked in Ireland, Israel and around the US, travelled etc etc all because of that. But when I was a tween/teen and body conscious I'm sure I would've done anything to make them disappear and if there was YT/twitter then 100% I would've watched Ingrids video and then tweeted at the Dr and wished plastic surgery to remove/hide them.

Sorry for the rant, this whole situation just makes me so mad and I've been needing to get it out.
I love everything you said <3 Wish all the people influenced by the video could read this.
:toad:

Hearts
Learner
Learner

Post by Hearts »

The most endangered species
The honest man
Will still survive annihilation
Forming a world
State of integrity
Sensitive, open and strong. ~RUSH

Pollywogs
Learner
Learner

Post by Pollywogs »

I just signed the petition, but I couldn't see how many signatures there were. Does anybody know how many signatures it has now?

sunshine21

Post by sunshine21 »

Pollywogs wrote:I just signed the petition, but I couldn't see how many signatures there were. Does anybody know how many signatures it has now?
229/1000

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

What happens when it hits 1000 or more?

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

lips wrote:Taylor Swift just favorited my tweet #confidence not surgery. Woo hoo. Get the petition out on twitter. Look even if she leaves the video up, it is bad PR for her and just points to her lack of decency.
Lol it's because she hates Ingrid now, bitch stole her look! :P

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

lips wrote:Taylor Swift just favorited my tweet #confidence not surgery. Woo hoo. Get the petition out on twitter. Look even if she leaves the video up, it is bad PR for her and just points to her lack of decency.
Which tweet?

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

yeah, please link the tweet so people here can retweet too

KhloeM

Post by KhloeM »

DUMB FUCKING BITCH!!!!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN A YOUTUBER MORE FAKE THAN INGRID.
RIP TO THE DUMB HOE DYING TO MAKE A FEW BUCKS PRETENDING TO BE NICE AND ACCEPTING HER INSECURITIES.
ALREADY REPPORTED THE VIDEO.
I CAN'T BELIEVEEEEEE THIS!

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

^ Well, thats one way to put it.

taylorsinsta2014
Learner
Learner

Post by taylorsinsta2014 »

I'm new here and im sure that someone has already mentioned this.....but this video angered me SO much...I was so angry that I actually looked back at her previous videos and intagram photos (like ones posted within the last few months) and looked for those damn scars. And guess what... they weren't there. I thought she said in the video that they couldn't be covered up even by professionals....so then where were they?? Were they fake? Were they made up to be exaggerated versions of scars she does have? Did she fake them/exaggerate them so that she could use them as an excuse to make a video advertising this "plastic surgeon" so she could get paid? Because thats what it looks like to me. I would love to know everyone's opinion of this or to see if anyone else has noticed this.

PinkPhoenix
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PinkPhoenix »

I've had acne on my chest before, but I'll admit it never got to the point it would scar. Has anyone on her had it that bad? Can it ACTUALLY cause scars like that?

The thing that baffles me, other than her promoting this plastic surgery situation to young girls, is that she hasn't gotten the scars removed. They're small scars, and she has the money and lives in an area where I bet they have pretty damn good doctors to remove it.

devilsarcherist
Learner
Learner

Post by devilsarcherist »

taylorsinsta2014 wrote:I'm new here and im sure that someone has already mentioned this.....but this video angered me SO much...I was so angry that I actually looked back at her previous videos and intagram photos (like ones posted within the last few months) and looked for those damn scars. And guess what... they weren't there. I thought she said in the video that they couldn't be covered up even by professionals....so then where were they?? Were they fake? Were they made up to be exaggerated versions of scars she does have? Did she fake them/exaggerate them so that she could use them as an excuse to make a video advertising this "plastic surgeon" so she could get paid? Because thats what it looks like to me. I would love to know everyone's opinion of this or to see if anyone else has noticed this.
I did the same thing but if you notice she usually wears tops with a higher neckline that cover the scar. And in the few pictures where the outfit she was wearing would show the scar on her chest her hair was strategically placed to cover it. I couldn't really see the one on her shoulder in pics but I think she said in the video that because of the placement it was easier to not see it or something

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

i have a scar like that from getting a mole removed. i was wondering if they could be caused by severe acne, but im not sure

vegemite
Informer
Informer

Post by vegemite »

PinkPhoenix wrote:I've had acne on my chest before, but I'll admit it never got to the point it would scar. Has anyone on her had it that bad? Can it ACTUALLY cause scars like that?

The thing that baffles me, other than her promoting this plastic surgery situation to young girls, is that she hasn't gotten the scars removed. They're small scars, and she has the money and lives in an area where I bet they have pretty damn good doctors to remove it.
I have a keloid scar like hers on my chest too, so I was actually surprised that she has one like mine. It was formed from multiple breakouts that somehow clumped together forming a noticeable keloid. It's pretty much in the same spot because I used to get chest acne. For a while it didn't bother me but then I started covering it up with concealer. The raised bump was still there of course, but the redness was hidden. In the past few years I started wearing those silicone scar sheets over it as long as possible (usually bedtimes and times when I wasn't wearing low cut /v-neck tops) every day until one day I noticed that it became much flatter and the redness has faded to the point where I don't need concealer anymore. It's still there but it's much less obvious.

Goldn
Debater
Debater

Post by Goldn »

I would never, ever direct young girls to a plastic surgeon for general advice. Plastic surgeons are in it for the money, let's be real here. That video is genuinely so dumb I can't believe she actually went through it all with a straight face. What the fuck, Ingrid. You're either dumb as bricks, or one money-hungry bitch.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”