Comments deleted by missScamorazzi ¤

sunshine21

Re: Comments deleted by missScamorazzi ¤

Post by sunshine21 »

Honolulu wrote:What happened to the thread asking everybody to report the video?
It's on the front page. You can now reblog it on Tumblr, retweet it or just spread the word in general (using the texts of these sources for example).

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Honolulu »

sunshine21 wrote:
Honolulu wrote:What happened to the thread asking everybody to report the video?
It's on the front page. You can now reblog it on Tumblr, retweet it or just spread the word in general (using the texts of these sources for example).
Thanks! I just reblogged it.

gilmore565
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by gilmore565 »

What gets to me the most is that so many girls see her as so "perfect" and if she's saying she might consider plastic surgery for something as tiny as a scar, that sends the message that other girls might want to consider it for their imperfect body parts. What's worse is seeing all the replies to Dr. Miller on Twitter from tweens who are asking for his help and asking when they will be old enough to have plastic surgery. It's sad and it's sick. I know there's no "proof" of whether this is a sponsored video, but it doesn't even matter in my eyes. I have lost so much respect for Ingrid over this issue. She knows people take her word as the "gospel" and she should take that into consideration.

Great_mmm2
Talker
Talker

Post by Great_mmm2 »

angelaj0921 wrote:
CuriousCat3 wrote:i hate when people say "im sorry you feel that way"

like wtf no youre not haha
It's so rude! Lol Like they're talking down to you to tell you that your point is irrelevant, but I'm saying sorry anyways to make myself look good.
Haha I say that all the time because in reality I actually do feel sorry that they think like that and in most cases they automatically shoot me down when they don't to see from my perspective. Plus it is a little bit bitchy ;)

cachanova
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cachanova »

Was the video deleted? I must see it but I can't find it. Can someone link me?

Wickywickymmhmm
Talker
Talker

Post by Wickywickymmhmm »

cachanova wrote:Was the video deleted? I must see it but I can't find it. Can someone link me?
Here's the video! You probably couldn't find it because the title is incredibly misleading.

[youtube][/youtube]

freethinker
Informer
Informer

Post by freethinker »

This video is definitely sponsored, and young girls for some reason are not able to think for themselves, but I don't think this video is that bad. She is just saying that plastic surgery is not as bad as people think it is. Some people have major problems and might need surgery to correct them. A girl I knew in high school had a terribly crooked nose and she got it fixed and I don't think she did anything wrong. You guys are over reacting. :roll:

BellaJane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by BellaJane »

Lol you said it yourself...these girls aren't fully able to think for themselves. They're easily influenced by what their idols say, which is why we focus so much on the kinds of role models out there for kids. This is predominantly 11-14 year old children were talking about. So when one of these role models who has incredible influence over hundreds of thousands of young, impressionable girls, makes a video pimping out a plastic surgeon and faking this crap video backhandedly telling girls its okay if they're unhappy with what they look like because they can always have dangerous and expensive surgical procedures to fix whatever is "wrong" with them, all the while masquerading it as a video about being confident...that's a problem. These aren't grown women she's speaking to, they're children. If this was a normal video about plastic surgery nobody would be "overreacting" to it. But A) she lied about the content and snuck a plastic surgery sponsorship into a video about confidence and being happy with yourself and B) she marketed this to teenagers and told them if they're insecure to go talk to a plastic surgeon! That's just...come on now.

I'm looking at it this way...if I had a 12 year old daughter, would I be okay with her getting this type of message? I remember being a young kid...my friends and people I thought were "cool" had a LOT more of an influence over me than I would ever have thought. And working in a middle school for several years I can tell you...most kids today are the exact same way. That isn't the kind of video that anyone should be marketing to young girls. And I think it's terrible that Ingrid thought she could pass it off without backlash, and that she thought it was a good idea in the first place.

catlover222
Talker
Talker

Post by catlover222 »

I really disliked this video of her's. I am 16 and it made me think maybe I should get plastic surgery someday... My orthodontist did mention I could get it in my 20s to fix my asymmetrical face.. I can't believe it said not sponsored. So many YouTubers say the video is not sponsored but yet they promote stuff and they use referral codes and don't disclose about that! ThatsHeart, she has referral codes and doesn't comment about that.
I will try to not say mean things about others.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”