Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ingrid's Girlfriends...

Post by pie »

mary1028 wrote:
pie wrote:
CuriousCat3 wrote: LOL UC Berkeley doesn't have an interior design or architecture program that you could do online. They have a certification course (for interior design and interior architecture) through their extension but those are classroom-based and require a bachelor's degree to enroll. I've long been interested in Ingrid's educational background because I liked her because she was such an academic and all that jazz. She COULD have taken courses through the online/extension program but it would be nuts to assume an architecture program could be finished online. It's not a read/take a test kind of path. Cal also doesn't offer online bachelor's degrees...they have courses you can take online that offer college credit and of the same quality as their standard lecture courses, but you can't get an actual degree from them (unless this has changed recently, like AFTER Ingrid supposedly was summa cum laude).

The conflicting information from people who knew her tells you what kind of shenanigans she's told people just to keep up a facade.

Source: proud product of the UC system
Yeah I mean I've never looked into it because I just assumed that she was finishing up her degree because she would go take tests while I was at work! I didn't know what else she would be doing during the day...walking around SF? Maybe!

And, sorry, to avoid confusion she was no longer pursuing architecture after she transferred from Academy of Art. She switched to some sort of interior design major toward the end of that.

So, if I'm understanding correctly, what could have happened is that she finished up some college courses through an online program but didn't graduate with a degree? That doesn't seem to make sense for her to do. You cannot get a degree of any kind through Cal online? It certainly is all sounding weirder and weirder. I wonder if she lied to me about Cal but graduated with a degree through an online program from somewhere else. Or finished up her degree with Academy of Art with these online courses. Confusing, you guys are right.
I'm sure of bachelor's degrees. They have online master's degree programs (public health, computer science and I believe engineering). The Regents voted a few years back to implement some sort of online bachelor's degrees into the UC system but I've yet to see it happen. Only graduate programs.

I'm not discounting the idea that she was probably taking some classes through the extension and needed to be physically up there to finish them. Those wouldn't certainly add up to her being a Cal alumna though.

Heh I know no one cares about the UC educational system but I hate reading about this girl talking about her mythical degree! I'm glad she's successful but damn. She could have just easily said that she changed paths and pursued a new career path that she never once thought was an option. Even Fleur straight up admitted she didn't like her university experience - and she actually finished!

IvyBronte
Learner
Learner

Post by IvyBronte »

Yeah, so...
Since you mentioned
Hah, this was back when she was still pretending that her name was Cam!
and
We used to come up with different stories about how we met when we were out and people would ask us because we were embarrassed to say we essentially met online.
If she lied WITH you...it's not a stretch to believe she lied TO you, right?

What I would love to know is what started the falling out between you? You mentioned that she flaked on you twice, what did she do last that broke the 'camel's back' (as the saying goes)?

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Ingrid's Girlfriends...

Post by mystical-rose »

Yes, I want to know as well when you two last talked, whether it was text or in person. And if Ingrid reads this site, would she try and stop you from posting more details-like send a quick message to you? I mean she does know who you are. Lol that would always worry me because she's just so awkwardly private about everything now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

Wth this whole thing is so weird bc I totally remember Ingrid mentioning Mary when she was in her old bedroom & during her scarf obsession :P

I think Ingrid downplayed her education bc it was around the time she was heading into YT full-on. Like when she did that video for her job interview OOTD & said it was for an architecture job (or smth?). I always thought that was the outfit she wore to meet with Birchbox & then they "hired" her to do reviews. But then for some reason she failed & never mentioned Birchbox again (read: was apparently fired).

She is SO Kalel!! Lying about school so she could pursue YT full time. Making up fake names & going after sucessful YT guys. Creepy :?

anerrr
Learner
Learner

Post by anerrr »

Can someone please enlighten me why she got fired at Birchbox?
Get it together.

mamaswiss
Learner
Learner

Post by mamaswiss »

IvyBronte wrote:Yeah, so...
Since you mentioned
and
We used to come up with different stories about how we met when we were out and people would ask us because we were embarrassed to say we essentially met online.

What I would love to know is what started the falling out between you? You mentioned that she flaked on you twice, what did she do last that broke the 'camel's back' (as the saying goes)?
To be fair, I met one of my online friends irl and at the beginning it's always awkward if people wonder how you've met. This was like six years ago so I think the stigma is going away, but it can still be embarrassing.

Not saying that your point isn't valid and that Ingrid is not capable of lies.

v_illa
Informer
Informer

Post by v_illa »

^^ agreed, maybe its just me but i've never really cared when youtubers use a fake name. I know things are different now but a couple years ago it wasn't that uncommon to use a fake name/birthday etc. online for safety reasons

Mary do you know what happened between Ingrid, Alexa (smokeypinkleopard) and Allie (glassslipperbeauty)? They used to be really close and called each other sisters but then it all just...stopped

lalatraveler
Informer
Informer

Post by lalatraveler »

That's funny, Ingrid graduated from UC Berkeley? As if! That is a good lie though. I wonder if she told that one to impress her boyfriend or his family?

MissDiorElla
Learner
Learner

Post by MissDiorElla »

Fleur just uploaded her Vidcon Vlog!

an0n
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by an0n »

I'm still so skeptical of the degree thing for all the reasons posted. To add to it her and Luke were daily vlogging around the time she claims to have finished and there's no way she left LA to write exams.

Ingrid is academic enough that I definitely think she would have ashamed of stopping college early when she did. Yes youtube was about to take off for her and yes it probably was a good move but she hadn't fully made it yet so its not like now where she can be like well lol at you look at the success I've made without a degree.

mary1028
Learner
Learner

Post by mary1028 »

Since you mentioned
and

Well, I understand both of those lies. She wanted to protect her privacy with the fake name and it was actually me who started to come up with the fake stories about how we met! She would just play along.

Okay, regarding the falling out, this is a long story so bear with me! I would say in 2012, just because we lived far apart, we didn't talk as much but we would still definitely visit each other when we were in each other's towns. Thanksgiving 2012 I went down to LA, where a lot of my extended family live, to stay with my grandma and I spent a day with Ingrid. Japanese makeup shopping and then meeting up with my cousins at the Grove I believe. Totally fun, totally normal. I was like, Hey I'm also coming down for the week I have off in between Christmas and New Year's. What if I stay at my Grandma's house for the first 4 days, and then stay with you for 2 or 3 days? She said that would definitely be fun and we should plan on it.

Christmas vacation rolls around and a couple days before I'm supposed to stay with her I start texting her to try to coordinate which days we would hang out and which nights I would sleep over. I booked a flight returning to SF on December 30th I believe, and I was thinking we would hang out 27th or 28th - 30th (she used to spend long weekends at my apartment in SF all the time so this isn't really imposing on her or anything). She didn't respond to any of my texts. I was like, Hm that is so weird. I'll try calling her. So over the course of a few days I tried texting, calling, leaving a voicemail, direct messaging her on twitter, and an email. I got NOTHING back. If I didn't have a place to stay in LA with my family, I would have been on the street with my suitcase. Or having to book some last minute hotel arrangements or pay to change my flight.

I was pissed and hurt. I got drunk on New Year's Eve and texted her. Basically I was like "I can't believe how bad of a friend you are. After how close we got I never expected this from you." I kind of regret sending that text...but I kind of don't. That was messed up of her! She called me the next morning but I didn't answer, I was still mad. So she texted immediately after I didn't pick up "OMG Mary I am SO sorry!!! I can totally understand why you are upset you have every right to be. I don't know what happened. Again, I am so sorry." She was dating Luke at the time, to add some context.

I said back "I just don't understand what happened. I sent you multiple texts, called you, sent a twitter DM, an email." She said she didn't get any of my texts, calls, or voicemail which is really suspect) and she wasn't checking her emails or twitter DMs over the holidays. I wrote back, "That is really crazy." I don't remember how the conversation ended. Probably like, well I still need to give you your Christmas present! Me, too! I actually did end up sending her her present. Never got mine. After that we would still text occasionally if we saw something that reminded us of one another.

4th of July rolls around and I was contemplating going down to LA to visit my cousins. I texted Ingrid "Hey! I'm going to be down for 4th of July, are you going to be in town?" She said that she was going to be out of town for the actual 4th, but would be back on the 6th. I was like, great well let's try to get together for lunch or coffee or something! She said that sounded like fun to catch up. I bet you can guess how that ended! I tried texting her on the 5th because I was flying out on the 6th and needed to coordinate my ride to the airport. The morning of my flight back I texted, "Okay Ingrid, you need to tell me what's up because I need to make plans to get to the airport. If you can't hang out today, just let me know, I will not be offended." This was also the same weekend there was that horrible plane crash at SFO so my flight plans were getting all messed up and adding to the stress.

She wrote back, "Hey, we drove back super late last night so I'm probably just going to take it easy today. Have a safe flight!" Or something to that effect. By this time she was dating the new guy, but I don't think had confirmed it "publicly." After that, I was like "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." It sucked. We haven't talked since. I'm certainly not reaching out again.

mary1028
Learner
Learner

Post by mary1028 »

mystical-rose wrote:Yes, I want to know as well when you two last talked, whether it was text or in person. And if Ingrid reads this site, would she try and stop you from posting more details-like send a quick message to you? I mean she does know who you are. Lol that would always worry me because she's just so awkwardly private about everything now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know she knows about this site, we used to read it together, hahaha. I don't know if she still checks it, though. I honestly don't think I have posted anything that she would seriously object to. I just posted the story of our "falling out" and it's all truth. Haven't received a text from her, yet, but I'm sure she wouldn't be super happy that I'm on here posting about her. Or might be worried I'd post something embarrassing or too personal.

mary1028
Learner
Learner

Post by mary1028 »

mamaswiss wrote:
Since you mentioned
and

To be fair, I met one of my online friends irl and at the beginning it's always awkward if people wonder how you've met. This was like six years ago so I think the stigma is going away, but it can still be embarrassing.

Not saying that your point isn't valid and that Ingrid is not capable of lies.
Yes! Somehow it's weirder to say you met a girl friend online than a boyfriend (online dating).

mary1028
Learner
Learner

Post by mary1028 »

v_illa wrote:^^ agreed, maybe its just me but i've never really cared when youtubers use a fake name. I know things are different now but a couple years ago it wasn't that uncommon to use a fake name/birthday etc. online for safety reasons

Mary do you know what happened between Ingrid, Alexa (smokeypinkleopard) and Allie (glassslipperbeauty)? They used to be really close and called each other sisters but then it all just...stopped
Ah, yes, those two girls. The way they all tweeted each other and called each sister was SO irritating! I was like, why is she hanging out with these 15 year olds?! I can't remember how old they were at the time to be honest. Okay, it has been a long time so I don't remember details at all. I think something weird happened with one of the girls ALLEGEDLY stealing a camera from someone's hotel room? Was this drama ever discussed on the forum? One of them must have posted a video about losing a camera at a conference, either VidCon or Beauty Con. I think things got weird between Alexa and Allie and then maybe their whole little trio fell apart. When I talked to Ingrid about those two last she told me that story, and also kind of expressed some annoyance at their immaturity and drama. I think she just kind of cut them out, no real big fall out.

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

[quote="mary1028"

Okay, regarding the falling out, this is a long story so bear with me! I would say in 2012, just because we lived far apart, we didn't talk as much but we would still definitely visit each other when we were in each other's towns. Thanksgiving 2012 I went down to LA, where a lot of my extended family live, to stay with my grandma and I spent a day with Ingrid. Japanese makeup shopping and then meeting up with my cousins at the Grove I believe. Totally fun, totally normal. I was like, Hey I'm also coming down for the week I have off in between Christmas and New Year's. What if I stay at my Grandma's house for the first 4 days, and then stay with you for 2 or 3 days? She said that would definitely be fun and we should plan on it.

Christmas vacation rolls around and a couple days before I'm supposed to stay with her I start texting her to try to coordinate which days we would hang out and which nights I would sleep over. I booked a flight returning to SF on December 30th I believe, and I was thinking we would hang out 27th or 28th - 30th (she used to spend long weekends at my apartment in SF all the time so this isn't really imposing on her or anything). She didn't respond to any of my texts. I was like, Hm that is so weird. I'll try calling her. So over the course of a few days I tried texting, calling, leaving a voicemail, direct messaging her on twitter, and an email. I got NOTHING back. If I didn't have a place to stay in LA with my family, I would have been on the street with my suitcase. Or having to book some last minute hotel arrangements or pay to change my flight.

I was pissed and hurt. I got drunk on New Year's Eve and texted her. Basically I was like "I can't believe how bad of a friend you are. After how close we got I never expected this from you." I kind of regret sending that text...but I kind of don't. That was messed up of her! She called me the next morning but I didn't answer, I was still mad. So she texted immediately after I didn't pick up "OMG Mary I am SO sorry!!! I can totally understand why you are upset you have every right to be. I don't know what happened. Again, I am so sorry." She was dating Luke at the time, to add some context.

I said back "I just don't understand what happened. I sent you multiple texts, called you, sent a twitter DM, an email." She said she didn't get any of my texts, calls, or voicemail which is really suspect) and she wasn't checking her emails or twitter DMs over the holidays. I wrote back, "That is really crazy."
I don't remember how the conversation ended. Probably like, well I still need to give you your Christmas present! Me, too! I actually did end up sending her her present. Never got mine. After that we would still text occasionally if we saw something that reminded us of one another.

4th of July rolls around and I was contemplating going down to LA to visit my cousins. I texted Ingrid "Hey! I'm going to be down for 4th of July, are you going to be in town?" She said that she was going to be out of town for the actual 4th, but would be back on the 6th. I was like, great well let's try to get together for lunch or coffee or something! She said that sounded like fun to catch up. I bet you can guess how that ended! I tried texting her on the 5th because I was flying out on the 6th and needed to coordinate my ride to the airport. The morning of my flight back I texted, "Okay Ingrid, you need to tell me what's up because I need to make plans to get to the airport. If you can't hang out today, just let me know, I will not be offended." This was also the same weekend there was that horrible plane crash at SFO so my flight plans were getting all messed up and adding to the stress.

She wrote back, "Hey, we drove back super late last night so I'm probably just going to take it easy today. Have a safe flight!" Or something to that effect. By this time she was dating the new guy, but I don't think had confirmed it "publicly." After that, I was like "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." It sucked. We haven't talked since. I'm certainly not reaching out again.[/quote]

WOW! the christmas vacation thing is SUPER shitty!!!!! yeah right, she totally got your texts/messages. she is a super flake!!

to be honest, though, the fourth of july wasnt too bad. i can see being tired from driving or whatever. BUT, i definitely see your point... i wouldnt try reaching out to her because she is so flakey/full of excuses.

everything you said, i can totally see. i can see that she (at some point) was really genuine/funny/inappropriate/always looked cute. i remember when she first started youtube, she would say how she would almost always wear makeup out, etc. i can see her always wanting to look nice. but again, tbh, i do not see a problem with not dressing up/wearing makeup out. (i never understood people who would give her shit for not wearing makeup/looking pretty all the time since she was a beauty guru)

anyway, maybe the 'youtube fame' really got to her head? even though we all liked her in her early days, i still think she was insecure. i know you said she was confident, which i DO think she was. (i think she knew she was really pretty and could get any guy she wanted, but i think she was ultimately insecure). also, did you get ANY vibe at all that she was really fake?? or that she changes her personality depending on who she is with??

thanks for sharing details with us!

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

[quote="mary1028"}

I said back "I just don't understand what happened. I sent you multiple texts, called you, sent a twitter DM, an email." She said she didn't get any of my texts, calls, or voicemail which is really suspect) and she wasn't checking her emails or twitter DMs over the holidays. I wrote back, "That is really crazy."
I don't remember how the conversation ended. Probably like, well I still need to give you your Christmas present! Me, too! I actually did end up sending her her present. Never got mine. After that we would still text occasionally if we saw something that reminded us of one another.

She wrote back, "Hey, we drove back super late last night so I'm probably just going to take it easy today. Have a safe flight!" Or something to that effect. By this time she was dating the new guy, but I don't think had confirmed it "publicly." After that, I was like "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." It sucked. We haven't talked since. I'm certainly not reaching out again.[/quote]

WOW! the christmas vacation thing is SUPER shitty!!!!! yeah right, she totally got your texts/messages. she is a super flake!!

to be honest, though, the fourth of july wasnt too bad. i can see being tired from driving or whatever.. THE ONLY THING IS: just be honest from the beginning. dont try and pretend like yall are going to hangout, then ignore texts. BUT, i definitely see your point... i wouldnt try reaching out to her because she is so flakey/full of excuses.

everything you said, i can totally see. i can see that she (at some point) was really genuine/funny/inappropriate/always looked cute. i remember when she first started youtube, she would say how she would almost always wear makeup out, etc. i can see her always wanting to look nice. but again, tbh, i do not see a problem with not dressing up/wearing makeup out. (i never understood people who would give her shit for not wearing makeup/looking pretty all the time since she was a beauty guru)

anyway, maybe the 'youtube fame' really got to her head? even though we all liked her in her early days, i still think she was insecure. i know you said she was confident, which i DO think she was. (i think she knew she was really pretty and could get any guy she wanted, but i think she was ultimately insecure). also, did you get ANY vibe at all that she was really fake?? or that she changes her personality depending on who she is with??

thanks for sharing details with us!

Gilly
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gilly »

Hello, long time lurker.. I made a post last night...

Regarding graduating from UC Berkeley with a degree in Architecture...
I actually just graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Architecture last year. I think anyone who studied architecture anywhere in the world can tell you that this major comes with long hours of intense studio work, building models, drawing plans, pulling all-nighters...

As I am a graduate from Ingrid's supposed alma mater, I find it near IMPOSSIBLE that she could be living in LA, vlogging, and taking her required studios at Cal. She also could not have taken these studios any other time except her junior or senior year (as they are upper division courses and require pre-requisites). I know people who could not handle having a job AND studio, and either had to give up their job for the time being, or ask to resume school at a later time. One of my classmates was 29 when he came back to Cal to finish his studios for the degree.

I don't think you even have to graduate from the school to know that her Bachelor's is highly unlikely... You can simply search up the portfolios of past UC Berkeley grads and the projects they completed in their studios. You can also just search up any blog/tumblr of a current architecture undergrad and see them complaining about being stuck in studio at all night...

That's just my two cents :D If I sound annoyed, that is because I am. I know there are many of us who worked very hard and sacrificed a lot (other classes' homework, social life, health) to finish our architecture degrees :?

I mean if Ingrid did get a BA Arch, that would be pretty cool. But uh..... :o

CuriousCat3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CuriousCat3 »

^^ok so i cant edit my post. oops, i did the quote thing wrong! anyway, i wanted to add to the 4th of july excuse. like, yes i understand being tired and not wanting to hang out, BUT THE ONLY THING IS: just be honest and up front from the beginning. dont ignore texts! (did she ignore your txt on the 5th?)

boop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by boop »

Gilly wrote:Hello, long time lurker.. I made a post last night...

Regarding graduating from UC Berkeley with a degree in Architecture...
I actually just graduated from UC Berkeley with a BA in Architecture last year. I think anyone who studied architecture anywhere in the world can tell you that this major comes with long hours of intense studio work, building models, drawing plans, pulling all-nighters...

As I am a graduate from Ingrid's supposed alma mater, I find it near IMPOSSIBLE that she could be living in LA, vlogging, and taking her required studios at Cal. She also could not have taken these studios any other time except her junior or senior year (as they are upper division courses and require pre-requisites). I know people who could not handle having a job AND studio, and either had to give up their job for the time being, or ask to resume school at a later time. One of my classmates was 29 when he came back to Cal to finish his studios for the degree.

I don't think you even have to graduate from the school to know that her Bachelor's is highly unlikely... You can simply search up the portfolios of past UC Berkeley grads and the projects they completed in their studios. You can also just search up any blog/tumblr of a current architecture undergrad and see them complaining about being stuck in studio at all night...

That's just my two cents :D If I sound annoyed, that is because I am. I know there are many of us who worked very hard and sacrificed a lot (other classes' homework, social life, health) to finish our architecture degrees :?

I mean if Ingrid did get a BA Arch, that would be pretty cool. But uh..... :o
Mary said she switched to Interior Design after she left her school.

The extension Interior Design/Interior Architect is mostly offered in the classroom: http://extension.berkeley.edu/public/ca ... amId=15552

If she did stay with a kind of Architecture

Honolulu
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Honolulu »

There's literally no way that she missed all of your texts and calls, Mary. What a horrible thing for her to do

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”