CoverGIRLIngridMiss Glambassador-Part17

quartz
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: CoverGIRLIngridMiss Glambassador-Part17

Post by quartz »

I also took a break from watching ingrid for a while because she was boring. just watched her october favorites video. her pretentiousness is at an all time high. everything has to be luxury now. caudalie, burberry, chanel, ysl, hourglass etc... Dont get me wrong its more the way she presents herself than the items themselves. and I want to punch her in the throat each time she says sewper (super) or tew (too) (which is usually no less than 10 times a video). there are literally thousands of adjectives she could use besides sewper drying, sewper wide, sewper moisturizing, sewper cute, sewper cold, sewper cozy. ugggghhhh

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Raven Edge »

It is hard for me to take her seriously as a young Beauty Guru with luxurious taste when she has really toned down her look (hair/nails/makeup/clothes).

She no longer looks chic/put together. She seems more tomboy. This is not a bad thing but not what I expect my beauty guru to look like.

wonderstruckp
Talker
Talker

Post by wonderstruckp »

She just uploaded her new video with Cat talking about Orgasms. I know they talked about it in their podcast before, but it feels so weird because I feel like she keeps her looks on Youtube as a more innocent woman. Though, in the past year, she has been trying to show she is not that innocent, but still, I think you know what I mean. It just feels like it's kind of out of place on her Youtube channel lol

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

I am watching that video now and I know what you mean. She stayed innocent/young on her beauty channel for so long that this seemed out of left field. Some of her subscribers must be saying "what is this?"

That was better suited to her Podcast.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Raven Edge wrote:It is hard for me to take her seriously as a young Beauty Guru with luxurious taste when she has really toned down her look (hair/nails/makeup/clothes).

She no longer looks chic/put together. She seems more tomboy. This is not a bad thing but not what I expect my beauty guru to look like.
Well, I actually prefer a more 'undone', effortless, even androgynous look in my style/beauty icons (think Alexa Chung) so idc if they don't act princess-y basic like Fleur. My problem is that she's a total hypocrite. She talks about unfair beauty expectations for women and our economic disadvantages and gender tax and everything, and then she promos t shirts for hundreds of dollars, luxury beauty products, that $500 Dyson hairdryer, and the list goes on. She literally makes her money by hawking products in the beauty industry, and then wants to be respected as a social justice activist. And look, I'm a feminist who trolls for beauty/fashion/skincare products so I'm in no way saying you can't do both while still thinking critically. But Ingrid actively benefits from talking out both sides of her mouth. She makes a sanctimonious video about not wearing makeup and how women shouldn't be expected to do so, and then rakes in the cash by telling young girls to buy expensive luxury makeup. She's just stealthy because she's couching it now in 'love yourself' rhetoric... like the 'how to get through a bad day' video being about doing your hair or whatever.

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

Lamour88 wrote:
Raven Edge wrote:It is hard for me to take her seriously as a young Beauty Guru with luxurious taste when she has really toned down her look (hair/nails/makeup/clothes).

Well, I actually prefer a more 'undone', effortless, even androgynous look in my style/beauty icons (think Alexa Chung) so idc if they don't act princess-y basic like Fleur. My problem is that she's a total hypocrite. She talks about unfair beauty expectations for women and our economic disadvantages and gender tax and everything, and then she promos t shirts for hundreds of dollars, luxury beauty products, that $500 Dyson hairdryer, and the list goes on. She literally makes her money by hawking products in the beauty industry, and then wants to be respected as a social justice activist. And look, I'm a feminist who trolls for beauty/fashion/skincare products so I'm in no way saying you can't do both while still thinking critically. But Ingrid actively benefits from talking out both sides of her mouth. She makes a sanctimonious video about not wearing makeup and how women shouldn't be expected to do so, and then rakes in the cash by telling young girls to buy expensive luxury makeup. She's just stealthy because she's couching it now in 'love yourself' rhetoric... like the 'how to get through a bad day' video being about doing your hair or whatever.
I think some of her subscribers are seeing through her and unsubscribing for some of these reasons. She is no longer authentic.

I understand that she has to run a business (being self employed) but with her it is all about the paycheck.

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

Lamour88 wrote:

I think some of her subscribers are seeing through her and unsubscribing for some of these reasons. She is no longer authentic.

I understand that she has to run a business (being self employed) but with her it is all about the paycheck.

Nessarose_WWotE
Learner
Learner

Post by Nessarose_WWotE »

kayuhsee wrote:
Lamour88 wrote:
Nessarose_WWotE wrote:
kayuhsee wrote:
Nessarose_WWotE wrote:And, also, as someone who loves musical theatre, they've ruined the phrase 'Ladies Who Lunch' for me. Now instead of instantly thinking of glorious Stephen Sondheim and the musical Company, they pop into my head instead. Thanks, bitches (not).
Ummmmmmmmm don't you know that Ingrid saw Hedwig and the Angry Inch like five times during it's run!!! She's clearly a musical theatre fan :roll:
I was talking about myself as a Broadway lover and my annoyance that these 2 women named their vapid, spoof of a podcast after a song from one of my favourite musicals (maybe it was a tribute (didn't know she liked theatre), maybe it was coincidence, I don't know).
I guess I wasn't very clear in my explanation. My apologies.
Pretty sure kayuhsee was being sarcastic!
I totally was but sorry for the confusion!
Aah okay sorry I'm not good at reading sarcasm online (unless I know the person well)!

Nessarose_WWotE
Learner
Learner

Post by Nessarose_WWotE »

Did I hear correctly through the Twitter grapevine that one of the latest topics of the 'podcast' was about lying? Anyone listen to it? I wonder what Little Miss Pinocchio had to say... :roll:

estrafalaria
Learner
Learner

Post by estrafalaria »

quartz wrote:and I want to punch her in the throat each time she says sewper (super) or tew (too) (which is usually no less than 10 times a video). there are literally thousands of adjectives she could use besides sewper drying, sewper wide, sewper moisturizing, sewper cute, sewper cold, sewper cozy. ugggghhhh
THIS. YES. I can't stand the way she pronounces it "tew." It irks me everytime she says it.

bbbubblyyy
Learner
Learner

Post by bbbubblyyy »

So I just got around to listening to the Ladies Who Lunch episode about lying and I'm dying because in the very same episode Ingrid lies and says this: "I've seen many people come out and say that they're a lesbian and they end up marrying a man."

WHO? Who are these people? Does she even have one lesbian friend apart from the girl she's dating at the time? She came out like, what, a year and a bit ago? I've been out for 10+ years and I can't say I've ever encountered anyone who's done this (not saying it doesn't happen but I find it hard to believe that Ingrid has seen "many people" do this). This girl just makes stuff up so she can add to the conversation. And I hate that she talks for the lesbian community because what she says is ignorant as fuck.

wowiamweird
Learner
Learner

Post by wowiamweird »

She just posted a video about the DNC...which was four months ago. Why wouldn't she have posted this in July or August? Half the stuff is barely relevant anymore.

I guess she wanted to promote voting, hence a November release, but she could have made a separate video about voting. This just feels lazy and late. What kind of respectable media outlet would sit on a time sensitive story for months until it was stale old news?

Schmoopy
Talker
Talker

Post by Schmoopy »

wowiamweird wrote:She just posted a video about the DNC...which was four months ago. Why wouldn't she have posted this in July or August? Half the stuff is barely relevant anymore.

I guess she wanted to promote voting, hence a November release, but she could have made a separate video about voting. This just feels lazy and late. What kind of respectable media outlet would sit on a time sensitive story for months until it was stale old news?
So people are commenting "omg Ingrid, so powerful" for this shit? Lol things only "matter" when it's trendy or she has an SO to impress/views and money to gain... It's annoying because the good message gets lost in her disingenuousness for me. I find it really hard to see past her fake bullshit. :? She zigzags between what will get more views/likes in the moment.

sassyxoox
Informer
Informer

Post by sassyxoox »

bbbubblyyy wrote:So I just got around to listening to the Ladies Who Lunch episode about lying and I'm dying because in the very same episode Ingrid lies and says this: "I've seen many people come out and say that they're a lesbian and they end up marrying a man."

funny as I believe she'll be the one to do that. she flips and flops so much with who she is/what she represents that I could see her one day saying. yah no ive found myself and its straight. or bi. and then flip all over.

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Her tweet about the election:

"One of the greatest tests we face in life is not getting what we want. But with uncertainty comes space for hope. Nurture it. Keep going."

Please shut the hell up Ingrid. This is probably girl has been to a couple self-indulgent therapy sessions and read a pseudo self help book and gets off on this weird preachy shit. Comparing this election to "not getting what we want", as though THIS has to do with your local cafe being out of kale for your lunchtime salad. This has people's real lives and safety at stake. People are worried about being deported, about hate crimes, and it's pretty certain health care, gay marriage, maybe even Roe V. Wade will be repealed in the next few years. It is not the time for ~with uncertainty comes space for hope~, jfc. Engrave it on your next Mejuri $250 bracelet, and save the rest of us from having to hear it.

coralribbons
Talker
Talker

Post by coralribbons »

yeah i haven't watched ingrid in a while. it seems like she used to have some time when she forced her feminitity (luke) and then for a long stretch of time she was more neutral and seemed to still have all the same interests that you'd expect given her past tastes. now after she came out it seems like she's trying too hard to fit into some mold, i have a feeling like once she started dating hannah, she thought she'd have to be more stereotypically masculine and she's a completely different person. i appreciate that she cares about all these issues, but she needs to urge people to actually form their own rational opinions and act on them accordingly, not just to complain. i can't watch her videos anymore and i always go back to previous years and miss her personality back then.

also, birks are fantastic. i can't afford a real pair yet but i have knockoffs and they're amazing, i'll buy myself the real deal someday and i'm straight as an arrow. everyone has their different tastes, just because you're a lesbian doesn't mean you have to be super butch and no bright colors and no femininity whatsoever.

vanillafilter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by vanillafilter »

Ingrid seems to be suffering from what a lot of typical LA people suffer from. They think that because they have more time and money than everyone else, they're better people because they're bettering themselves through psuedo-intellectualism and psuedo-spirituality and "healthy living." Like eating a salad, drinking a kale smoothie and reading a book doesn't make you a better person or some kind of authority on life. :roll:

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

Whatever happened to Ingrid and the Dysh App? Her last post was 16 weeks ago.

Raven Edge
Talker
Talker

Post by Raven Edge »

Whatever happened to Ingrid and the Dysh App? Her last post was 16 weeks ago.

DivyaKastwar
Learner
Learner

Post by DivyaKastwar »

Raven Edge wrote:Whatever happened to Ingrid and the Dysh App? Her last post was 16 weeks ago.
She was probably on it just cause of Hannah! Now that they're no longer together Ingrid stopped pretending to be into it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”