Ingrid on Project Runway: Threads

Emerald
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has thanked: 0

Ingrid on Project Runway: Threads

Post by Emerald »

Looks like Ingrid is going to be on a new TV show.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway-threads

Re: Ingrid on Project Runway: Threads

Post by Guest »

The first episode premiered last night. Did anyone see it?

kyaraslife_
Learner
Learner
Been thanked: 0

Post by kyaraslife_ »

We all now know why she posted that "high fashion" fall video showcasing high class brands. She just wanted to re brand her self from beauty guru to fashion stylist! OH INGREED!

skittlequeen
Learner
Learner

Post by skittlequeen »

I did because I couldn't find anything else on tv and found it while flipping. I think I missed the first few minutes or something because I didn't see her on the show at all until the end. She wasn't a judge for the first project they were given. She wasn't as bad as I thought she would be but I feel she may have been fed things to say or words to use when giving her feedback. The kids on the show were funny. I would watch it just for them.

egocentric
Debater
Debater

Post by egocentric »

Her intro made me cackle.

"Millions tune in to her YouTube channel to get the latest fashion trends"

Uhhhhhh since when? Since two weeks ago when she posted a look book that was created with the help of a stylist? I didn't know dressing yourself in the morning qualified you to give advice on fashion. *yawn*

Haven't heard much about the show since it aired. I wonder how it was perceived. The show itself was pretty dry. The kids are talented but idk how much staying power this mini series will have. When project runway had that model spinoff it crashed and burned so I wouldn't be surprised if this did.

freezemachine
Debater
Debater

Post by freezemachine »

In one of the promos Ingrid said that its usual air time will be 10pm - does this seem too late to anyone else? I haven't seen the first episode so I don't know for sure, but I'd imagine it's a show where pre-teens would be a large percentage of the expected audience, but a 10pm start seems a bit too late for many of them. I wonder whether that will compromise its ratings.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

I think it's funny Project Runway had a few bloggers as guest judges this season and she ended up on the kiddie version. I don't know the discrepancy between fashion bloggers and fashion youtubers is kind of funny to me in terms of the opportunities they get. I wonder if youtubers in their mid twenties wish they'd get more offers for things that are more appropriate for their age range.

takoyaki
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by takoyaki »

I watched the first episode and I was wondering who the voice over was. Sounded like a 12 year old with a slight lisp and it was the host!
And then the clips of Ingrid laughing and smiling. She looks crazy. I never watch her videos and but I read her thread on GG from time to time and always see screenshots and pics of her smiling. I excused how it looked clownish/creepy/psychotic because many people look weird when they're smiling for the camera but look normal when they're smiling genuinely and naturally. I had no idea that's how she smiles in real life.

I like the format of the show, but since they change out the contestants every episode (makes sense because they can't keep kids sequestered for weeks like they do for the adults) they audience won't get attached to any of the contestants.

PR also had Project Accessory, another spin-off which was a decent show but it only lasted one season.

This show reminds me of Craft Wars with Tori Spelling as the judge. Had 3 new contestants every week and an assistant, etc. But that show wasn't good.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

pinkbows wrote:I wonder if Mister Lewk watches the show crying with a tub of ice cream sobbing over what might have been.
He's too busy singing with & banging Alyssa lol! Tbh if he has seen how much Ingrid changed he should be relieved. Luke might be a creep but he's in the "dump pile" along with Fleur, Allison, Elle, et al.

Craft Wars was a joke. Tori Spellings' head is so freaking big I legit got distracted.

Ingrid really does remind me of Rosemarys Baby tho. It's almost as if Big Frame is a cult of vampires who constantly look for young blood to drain.

It's pretty clear they want Ingrid on t.v in some form. I've been saying this since last year when she started cooking. But the food thing wasn't taking off so they put her in Threads. They want her hosting something. Anything. I don't think they really know what to do with her at all.

CrumbledOreos
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CrumbledOreos »

I was about the say Luke dodged a bullet. Ingrid was a dependent child with him (but was consistent), now she's just a mess! Switching personalities every video and lost all her friends!

RachelChristina
Informer
Informer

Post by RachelChristina »

Watched one episode. NEVER AGAIN will I waste another hour of my life on that bullshit show.
It was so dysfunctional in my opinion. The kids were snobby and not as talented as I thought they would be for being on TV. (No offence because I hate "bashing" on anyone's level of talent.) Ingrid was really odd as a judge. She wasn't super annoying like I thought she would be but she went into her philosophy state of mind and rambled off some incoherent bullshit that I just couldn't understand. Pretty much a waste of my life.

ntl072904
Informer
Informer

Post by ntl072904 »

I agree the show was unbelievably boring. A waste of airtime. Ingrid was in her mature mode. You can feel her brain planning what to say so that she sounds deep and unique. She widens her eyes to show what a Serious and Philosophical fashion guru she is, like, look out I'm going to share very important lessons comparing sewing with life. I don't see how this show can last more than one season!

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

I tried watching that show since I LOVEE project runway but it was just horrible... Ingrid trying to talk like she knows fashion... Girl like a year ago you were walking around looking like a giant toddler STFU

oh_n0ez
Talker
Talker

Post by oh_n0ez »

So I have no desire to watch this show, and I don't know if it's just me, but my DVR keeps taping it every week even though I never set it to record? I even checked my "scheduled" list and it's not in there, so I can't even cancel the series. Basically my point is, could this be something Lifetime is doing? Shoving this show down my (and possibly other people's) throat so that it gets good ratings? Because if that's the case, it's making me dislike Ingrid even more. I know she wouldn't have anything to do with it, but I'm intentionally not watching/supporting the show bc I dislike her and now here it is in my recordings every week :x

iamchuckbass
Lurker
Lurker

Post by iamchuckbass »

Can-U-Not wrote:Surely I can't be the only one who finds the host absolutely insufferable....?
No, I barely got through the first episode because of her. :?

freethinker
Informer
Informer

Post by freethinker »

I love Project Runway, but this show seems just forced. I don't see the point of teens competing in fashion. Designing clothes is not easy, you need to learn a lot of skills and practice. I understand their passion for fashion, but they have a long road ahead of them, they are going to make mistakes and learn. They are not ready for a competition.

mystical-rose
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mystical-rose »

I watched two episodes...I just felt so bored. I really don't think it'll get picked up for season 2.
But I do like the new show on Oxygen called Nail'd It. It's just more interesting and I kinda compare the 2 shows together, since they are about style and started around the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imashamedofthis
Learner
Learner

Post by imashamedofthis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HwCKvEFIRQ

Here's the link if anyone wants to give it a go. I agree with freethinker, these kids are not ready for a competition. Many of them started crying at minor criticism, and some of them did not handle losing very well (for example, a young girl in the second episode glared at the girl who won as her name was announced). That being said, I thought Ingrid did a surprisingly great job on the show. She offered genuine feedback, and actually offered constructive criticism. She said less than the other judges, but she still did an alright job. Idk, I went in with low expectations for her, so maybe that's why I'm saying this.

thelastbagel
Informer
Informer

Post by thelastbagel »

I've watched every episode so far and Ingrid has worn the same black shoes with the strap around the ankle at least three times. I'm surprised they would have her wear the same pair of shoes for more than one episode. Maybe they're trying to sell her as a "relatable girl," but it just seems lazy.

Cheshire_Cat03
Informer
Informer

Post by Cheshire_Cat03 »

I watched the first three episodes because they were all combined in one youtube clip, and I have to say Ingrid isn't that bad. The host is annoying. I can't get over her voice as those bloody "secret twists" annoy me. I really hate how they're making the contestants design two pieces - it takes away from the first one. Some of the pieces could be so good if it wasn't for the second dress they had to make. But this isn't a thread about the host lol.

I think it's really crazy to see Ingrid go from this "I'm super abnormally weird and cute and relatable to you preteens!!!" To actually acting her age. I agree that sometimes it sounds like she's forcing the words out to sound educated but honestly, I prefer this Ingrid over the ones in her videos. She sounds normal (no weird voice) and she isn't saturated to hell because she can't control the lighting lol. I found it interesting how in the third episode a young girl made a dress which describe her life/what she was going through and the dress had a lot of depressed words on it and fire and anger but then got a bit more hopeful near the top and Ingrid said she could relate to that/those feelings. She was probably referring to her dad and her mothers illness but a part of me is wondering if she's also referring to Luke and her current boyfriend?

I don't see the show getting picked up for a new season though, honestly. I wouldn't watch it on TV, I only watched it because it was on youtube. Maybe if they got a new host and stopped those darn "twists" it wouldn't be so bad but as it is I can't see it getting renewed.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”