That portion size looks fine to me

kaysagossiper
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ingrid's (unhealthy?) Relationship with Food

Post by kaysagossiper »

That potion looks fine. Avocados have a lot of calories. I bet that's close to a 400 calorie meal which is fine.

eyebrowqueen
Talker
Talker

Post by eyebrowqueen »

Jasmine S wrote:^ If people would read the entire thread (which isn't very long) they would see that a mod has already commented on the situation, and they will continue to monitor the thread. We aren't making fun of her for having an eating disorder - Ingrid is in a completely different situation where she has a lot of young girls looking up to her. They see someone who is stick skinny and is constantly talking about unhealthy food. Us posters recognize she isn't actually eating the food, and it's very irresponsible to give a false impression of what she's eating. If I looked up to Ingrid as a teenager, I'd be really sad knowing that I can't just eat all the crap she eats and look like her.

If you have a problem with this thread, PM the mods. But don't tell us we're fucked up.
Fucked up.

pizzaparties
Informer
Informer

Post by pizzaparties »

The food in that photo looks like a really good small lunch, I'm going to make it tomorrow! The portions are totally fine. I've had a hard time with that because when I'm really hungry I eat too fast and end up overeating so I feel gross and bloated for hours later. That looks like the perfect portion to fill you up.
Ingrid has a small frame. We're almost the same, but I have boobs and more meat on my bones- I'd say 10lbs heavier. Some people just have smaller stomachs and don't need to eat a whole loaf of bread to get full- get over it.
People had a lot to say about what she ate in her "running late" video, but consider that she mainly works from home so it's not like she's using up tons of energy running around and she can probably eat wherever she goes to work on special projects.

In regards to her putting on a show about the food she eats, it must really suck to put on such a different personality for her young audience, but at this point wouldn't she be considered some kind of "celebrity"? What I'm trying to get at is that celebrities lie or over exaggerate about what they eat all the time. If Megan Fox says cheeseburgers are her favorite food and she eats them "aalll the time" are you really going to believe her and think you can get away with it and look like her? Obviously (hopefully) not. I'm sure Ingrid likes donuts or whatever, but she's careful with portions because she wants to maintain a certain body. Talking about that might make her more relatable to younger people. Parents are 100% responsible for controlling what their children watch and read and also for educating them about healthy diets and body image.

cliche
Lurker
Lurker

Post by cliche »

She seems like she's obsessed with food that I'm not sure she lets herself eat. Immediately afterward showing her junk food pajamas, she mentioned that she had to go because she was hungry. My guess is that she's trying to convince all her followers that she does eat this stuff.

noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by noragrets »

she talks about food all the time! i swear i'm not trying to find things about her eating habits but she's constantly mentioning eating or food or things with food on them. she seriously reminds me of cassie from skins when she shows sid how she hides her eating disorder (again, not saying ingrid has or hasn't got one)

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by emmygues »

I'm merely speculating her but I had a friend from hs who would spend the entire time we would take to travel from our house to a buffet restaurant talking about how much she eats. I think she was trying to get people to believe her. When we got to the restaurant, she would literally grab plates of food and set them on the table and eat one thing off of it. Then she'll leave it there and ask why anyone else isn't eating. My hs friends used to go to buffets a lot and every time this particular friend went, she always did the same thing. Once we went to an all you can eat hot pot place and would hide food in the pot. I literally saw her take raw meat and dump it into the broth and seconds later announce to everyone that she's full. Some people just end up talking about food all the time if they have issues with food. When I was 14 and super conscious about my weight, I was always thinking about food. I don't know if I talked about food all the time but I was always hungry.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed »

The food she is eating seems healthy but when you don't give much thought about food and treat it like the tasty fuel your body needs, you don't feel the need to talk about how much you eat or how terrible/healthy your diet is.. I hope for Ingrid's sake that she is eating healthy but she has lost a lot of weight and she was not even heavy to begin with. I agree that her new diet is cleaner and more benficiary for her than her junk food 24/7 but neither end of the stick is healthy. I believe in moderation, some believes in quitting cold turkey but it's hard to believe that Ingrid's approach to food is healthy, no matter how many healthy smoothies she drinks...

biblebeltlivin
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by biblebeltlivin »

Yeah, one of the noticeable symptoms of an eating disorder are food preoccupation. When my weight dropped into the double digits, I was always thinking about food. What I was going to eat in the morning, at night, etc. I also loved food blogs and would spend my time obsessively looking at the pictures. Of course now I'm better and I still love cookbooks and such, but I'm not obsessed with it. I can't say she has an eating disorder, but whatever she's doing now isn't healthy.

Ariadne

Post by Ariadne »

[tweet][/tweet]

I don't keep up with ingrid that much, but I just saw this on twitter. Thats... not normal =/

Rosewynn
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Rosewynn »

I do that, and I don't have any food/weight issues. I just really get excited for food. :P

effervescence
Informer
Informer

Post by effervescence »

Hahahah I do that too, but not while eating that meal, just after having the meal. And like Rosewynn, I just get really excited for food.

baconpancakes
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by baconpancakes »

If we didn't already suspect her of having eating issues, I'd think nothing of this statement. Like if Fleur or Estee tweeted it, totally normal.

However that question/statement sounds like it came from an ED quiz. In fact, constantly thinking about food & obsessive meal planning are hallmarks of eds'.

Obviously some ppl just love food & read the menu & plan their order for next time. But to be eating a pasta dish & your mind is on breakfast? Idk.

This is why I muted her. She triggers my own issues w tweets like this & it pisses me off bc I'm pretty sure she has issues of her own. It takes one to know one iykwim.

flare1289
Talker
Talker

Post by flare1289 »

Whoa! I have to say I've been ignoring it for months, but the fact is she's starting to look not well. Her face is gaunt and not to mention I swear she keeps wearing baggier more structure tops and you usually see this in people trying to hide their thiness. She looked fine a few months back at one of the awards show, but her wardrobe has recently changed in the past 2 months or so quite drastically and almost to a point of Oxford chic, which isn't bad, but it's like she's hiding something. Image

Just look at her recent photo. I mean it could be lighting, but damn that's some messed up lighting if so.

Nina-
Learner
Learner

Post by Nina- »

One of the reasons I originally liked Ingrid was because she made normal food videos, like her bacon mac and cheese video with Fleur. Not that there's anything wrong with adapting to a healthier lifestyle, but her weight loss made her age SO dramatically and she's bordered on looking so unhealthy for quite some time now. It's just sad how much she's changed, even when it comes to what she eats. Sad sad sad. I don't care how bubbly or happy she tries to make herself seem in her videos. She seems lost and sad.

Return to “Ingrid Nilsen”