freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette part 4

Post by freckles mcgee »

jess1121 wrote:
freckles mcgee wrote:For the life of me I can't remember the name but there's this kids show on Disney or something that my niece watches and these cartoon characters made that banana pb&j hot dog a few years ago. She's recycling a children's recipe.
I thought that too!
...i'm pretty sure it's this one
http://everydayisanoccasion.com/make-it ... anana-dog/

from zefronk or whatever lol
Yes! That's exactly it.

Tbh, I'm not a fan of Seventeen and don't really trust what they say or produce. I remember seeing a tip from them telling girls to tuck their hair under a statement necklace. It makes no sense. How is that flattering. I wonder if they're able to prep for their interviews/have an idea of what they should say. Some of the stuff she said seems cheesy and over thought. The Meghan we would know would probably say she isn't "basic" and is pursuing her acting career through youtube.

Post by Guest »

Tbh, I'm not a fan of Seventeen and don't really trust what they say or produce. I remember seeing a tip from them telling girls to tuck their hair under a statement necklace. It makes no sense. How is that flattering. I wonder if they're able to prep for their interviews/have an idea of what they should say. Some of the stuff she said seems cheesy and over thought. The Meghan we would know would probably say she isn't "basic" and is pursuing her acting career through youtube.
Seventeen has totally lost their credibility in my book. Ever since they gave a tip to put lipgloss on your eyelids I was out. Now that they're putting all these gurus in their magazines I have absolutely zero desire to purchase any. It's cool that they're building these girls careers up, but we all know that half the time these girls make shit up as they go along.

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

collegegirl2011 wrote:
Seventeen has totally lost their credibility in my book. Ever since they gave a tip to put lipgloss on your eyelids I was out. Now that they're putting all these gurus in their magazines I have absolutely zero desire to purchase any. It's cool that they're building these girls careers up, but we all know that half the time these girls make shit up as they go along.
same. who even reads seventeen anymore? there are so many other better magazines out there.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

houdini wrote:I read Meghan's spread in 17 magazine and here is what really stood out for me

"Meghan used to think there was one way to get famous. Move to Hollywood and hope for a big break. But when she started posting fashion and beauty videos for fun, she had a light bulb moment followers are fans!"
Megan said" I think my quirky, goofy personality helped me too, I'm a walking blooper reel and I don't hide it!" :|

She is so pretentious. Meghan doesn't have a passion for acting imo all she wants is fame and money.
The hilarious part is, she's pigeon-hold herself and will never be an actress.

oceanic
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by oceanic »

Seventeen is probably the most annoying magazine on earth. I got a subscription for 1 free year when I was 15 and I'm still getting magazines 3 years later. They won't stop sending me them, even when I told them I don't want the magazine anymore.

Anyways, who tf puts a banana on a hotdog bun? When I was in GS, we made something called a banana boat and it was a banana wrapped in foil that you grill, slice it down the middle, and fill it with ice cream and toppings. So it was like a banana split. They could have ditched the hotdog bun and just covered the banana in chocolate sauce and peanut butter and call it a snack.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

collegegirl2011 wrote:
Really?! I did that when I was in 6th grade and for a while everyone remembered me as the girl who put lip gloss on her eyelids. What stupid advice!

Post by Guest »

Why is it gross to put banana on a hot dog bun? It's just bread. You've never had a nutella and banana sandwich before?

freckles mcgee
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by freckles mcgee »

CrystalC wrote:Why is it gross to put banana on a hot dog bun? It's just bread. You've never had a nutella and banana sandwich before?
I really don't think it's gross either. I just think it's not creative enough for her cooking segment. I know it's targeting a younger audience but I'm sure they are more capable than that.

Post by Guest »

Really?! I did that when I was in 6th grade and for a while everyone remembered me as the girl who put lip gloss on her eyelids. What stupid advice!
Hahaha that's really funny! I have oily eyelids and I can't imagine why anyone would try to emulate that look...just goes to show you how seventeen has no idea what they're talking about.

winterwinds
Talker
Talker

Post by winterwinds »

collegegirl2011 wrote:
Hahaha that's really funny! I have oily eyelids and I can't imagine why anyone would try to emulate that look...just goes to show you how seventeen has no idea what they're talking about.
Well, I mean glossy eyelids are seen in high fashion. But it's definitely not practical for an everyday look.

laurenconrad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenconrad »

I'm kind of surprised she hasn't uploaded anything on her vlog channel since vlogmas. I bet she got a lot of subs from doing that in the first place.

sadiebaby
Talker
Talker

Post by sadiebaby »

I'm not sure if any one has seen this but I came across this article which claims Meghan was a teacher at this youth theatre camp last month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/san-franci ... 3-20131220

I'm surprised Meghan hasn't mentioned anything of this.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

sadiebaby wrote:I'm not sure if any one has seen this but I came across this article which claims Meghan was a teacher at this youth theatre camp last month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/san-franci ... 3-20131220

I'm surprised Meghan hasn't mentioned anything of this.
I believe she at least posted a picture from it ..one of her in front of everyone. It was a little while back..can't remember when it was but she did mention it.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

CrystalC wrote:Why is it gross to put banana on a hot dog bun? It's just bread. You've never had a nutella and banana sandwich before?
It's not gross, it just sounds like something a college kid would make it their dorm, not exactly cooking but whatever, all of these videos are probably geared toward kids. I remember a girl on ANTM eating something similar.

Post by Guest »

Chloe_Bean wrote:
It's not gross, it just sounds like something a college kid would make it their dorm, not exactly cooking but whatever, all of these videos are probably geared toward kids. I remember a girl on ANTM eating something similar.
I can't speak for everyone but when I lived in a college dorm I had salads, burritos and tacos on Tuesdays (it was a thing) and sushi from the sushi bar. *shrug*

It's definitely not cooking, though why some random beauty YouTuber would be picked to cook is beyond me.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

Boiled down to it, you could call this a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...just in a different form. The reason why it's super unappealing to me is that typically a hot dog bun is made with white bread (I feel better about eating wheat). I'd rather just eat it on regular sandwich bread if I'm going to eat it.

knope2012
Informer
Informer

Post by knope2012 »

I'm surprised she didn't mention her "gluten allergy" when making that banana hot dog.

jess1121
Informer
Informer

Post by jess1121 »

knope2012 wrote:I'm surprised she didn't mention her "gluten allergy" when making that banana hot dog.

also didn't she use peanut butter? which she is also "allergic" to too.....

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

CrystalC wrote:
Chloe_Bean wrote:
I can't speak for everyone but when I lived in a college dorm I had salads, burritos and tacos on Tuesdays (it was a thing) and sushi from the sushi bar. *shrug*

It's definitely not cooking, though why some random beauty YouTuber would be picked to cook is beyond me.
I mean I didn't eat in our cafeteria bc we had kitchens and were encouraged to cook our own food, and getting groceries wasn't too bad in Manhattan. But healthy options in a cafeteria seem to be limited. I mean, she considers herself somewhat of a foodie so I'd expect more.

Post by Guest »

Chloe_Bean wrote:I mean I didn't eat in our cafeteria bc we had kitchens and were encouraged to cook our own food, and getting groceries wasn't too bad in Manhattan. But healthy options in a cafeteria seem to be limited. I mean, she considers herself somewhat of a foodie so I'd expect more.
I suppose it depends greatly on the college. My dorm had a full kitchen and we had meal plans (though they weren't as much as what freshman got, mostly due to the fact that their dorms didn't have kitchens) so we could do both.

Return to “Meghan Rienks”