Meghanrosette

emmygues
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette

Post by emmygues »

squeegeegloss16 wrote:I think what insults me the most is when several of these gurus claim they have depression. Smokeypinkleopard, Lolufullyloaded, Glassslipperbeauty, and now Meghanrosette all suffer from severe depression. I know that Alexa and Lo actually suffered from a seriously deep depression as they were both self-harming and Alexa actually had to be hospitalized. I too was hospitalized for my depression and I have to take several different medications in order to stabilize my mood. I just get so frustrated when these teenage girls self-diagnose themselves with something as serious as depression or anxiety?! I just can't honestly believe that Allie and Meghan both wanted to kill themselves and sought psychological help who then diagnosed them with these disorders and are now taking medication. Because otherwise, they aren't truly depressed. I'm sorry if you feel differently, but depression is too lightly used as an excuse for laziness or just simple sadness. I couldn't get out of bed for 3 weeks, that's different than being bullied and wanting to stop talking to people and bottle things up! IT'S SO FUCKING DIFFERENT!
not to dismiss or belittle your condition but there are varying levels of depression. i have depression. i have been through a lot with my depression. i'm one of those people who can still function but feel absolutely nothing inside. for the majority of my struggle, i never contemplated suicide until recently.

but i agree with you. they don't have depression. they were simply unhappy with their surroundings and were being melodramatic. meghan needs attention. i think she has some type of mental disorder though like her eating and her self esteem and her need to always have attention on herself. allie just thinks too highly of herself.

lee03
Lurker
Lurker
Been thanked: 0

Post by lee03 »

What bothered me most about Meghan's video is that she put it up to help people get help for their depression (or so she claims) and never actually went to get help. She said she completely shut down and locked herself in her room and instead of encouraging people to seek out counseling at school or their community and actually address and treat the problem she's like oh, and then my not-friend friends rescued me! I think it could have been a really powerful motivator for some of her subscribers experiencing depression if she said that realizing she has a problem and needs help is super scary, and it's a long difficult journey but she went to see a professional and they helped her out.

She just created the perfect victim triangle with her D & J story. I did absolutely nothing to provoke this, I tried, and they bullied me... they are such villains. Then Rebecca and friends are the heroes that rescued her because Meghan could do absolutely nothing for herself. If I've learned anything from the counseling and communications classes and practicums I've done this is absolutely never how the situation actually played out.

I have tons of respect for Kacey though. She's getting help and encouraged others to do the same, and still looks for the bright spots of life.

Masquerade
Learner
Learner

Post by Masquerade »

Omg I am so sick of these Draw My Lifes. They are all just "hey look at me my life is/was terrible feel sorry for me". Meghan's in particular.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

Draw My Lifes is look omg I had a hard life as a child but now I make shit loads of money on youtube and have amazing offers and now my life is great

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

solonva wrote:The entire video annoyed the heck out of me, but what got me most of her VOICE. She tried to sound raspy and sad the whole time and it just came across as so fake and dumb to me.
that annoyed me the most, too.

michellemariexo
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by michellemariexo »

"i think my awkward phase trumps everybody elses awkward phase.." give me a break. everything is a competition for her and she is so overly dramatic. pump the breaks a bit there meg

chasingxsunlight
Learner
Learner

Post by chasingxsunlight »

The whole video is awful. I'm not saying you shouldn't feel bad because others have it worse, but like...really... Her video just seems about her wanting attention and sympathy (as usual). The part with her mom getting cancer was very sad, but the whole time she acted like it was her mom's fault for having it in the first place. And the rest of the video is the same - nothing is ever her fault, in any way, shape, or form.

Tea-and-Crumpets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Tea-and-Crumpets »

I just watched her Draw My Life video and it was almost funny how 'depressing' she clearly wanted it to be. It was probably the most attention and sympathy-seeking one I've seen out of all the Draw My Life's. Yes, she has been through tough times like her mom being ill. But apart from that, it sounds like she had a pretty ordinary life. If she wasn't such a drama queen then maybe the people commenting stupid things like 'i'm crying my eyes out watching this, cant believe you had to go through it all' would see that she is fine.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

Some other youtubers had WAY harder lives and still didn't act as dramatic as Meghan (ie- jlovesmac1 or kacey)
she is a one uper. she has to be sadder than you, smarter than you, trendier than you.

iJamie
Learner
Learner

Post by iJamie »

Eh, I don't know. I personally know how difficult it is to loose someone who you thought was one of your best friends. Everyone goes through the situation differently, but it pretty much sucks knowing you're going through something alone. In a way, the video sort of made me feel better in the fact that I wasn't the only one who had friends against me.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

iJamie wrote:Eh, I don't know. I personally know how difficult it is to loose someone who you thought was one of your best friends. Everyone goes through the situation differently, but it pretty much sucks knowing you're going through something alone. In a way, the video sort of made me feel better in the fact that I wasn't the only one who had friends against me.

the only difference is, we have NO idea that these girls were actually against her and she knows that we know their facebook and twitter and she said "i've never dealt with mean girls and i didn't know how to handle these bullies" and she thought she was being sly by calling them d & j so in all actuality its meghan and her subcribers against 2 girls that NEVER signed up to have their lives broadcasted all over youtube & meghan admitted she was travelling and doing lots of youtube things and was gone the whole summer. she also seems to forget that when she got back and they were supposedly "so mean to her" she would still instagram pictures of them hanging out with her and her and delaynie visiting justine at starbucks and them dressing up for halloween and they would instagram pictures as well. so it really doesn't add up that when she came back they all the sudden hated her.

wanderlust
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by wanderlust »

^See, she's opening them up to bullying now by way of her subscribers. She's worse. She could have been much more discrete.

On another note, it really seemed like she was trying to copy the way that Sawyer talked in his Draw my Life video.

Post by Guest »

The whole depressing voice she used really turned me off.... Everybody has times that aren't so great, but in the grand scheme of things, these problems are not the end of the world.

Don't get me wrong, losing friends is difficult, but you have no right to set your subscribers on your ex-friends. However, I don't think Delaynie was too shy about being in Meghan's videos when they had first started hanging out... It's definitely an awkward situation bc Meghan can't keep anything to herself & feels the need to vent on her channel.

whereicomefrom
Informer
Informer

Post by whereicomefrom »

Basically what I got about her life was that every moment was THE WORST, in an annoying sad voice and creepy funeral music.

All in all, believable enough. :roll:

abbylc7princess
Talker
Talker

Post by abbylc7princess »

i am already so over these gurus and their draw my lifes. every single girl is like "i broke a nail so i developed extreme depression. i cried once."

hellokatyxo just posted a pic on instagram of her "outline" for her draw my life and at the end it literally says
"inspirational ending - depression, anxiety"

so she is literally just talking about bs to make herself seem inspirational...it's sad when you have to TRY to be something inspiring. and that's what these girls are. they are having a competition to see who can make the saddest video. besides sparkliebarbiexo all these videos are bullshit

Post by Guest »

^^

that is BEYOND PATHETIC! Wow.....

enchanted15
Learner
Learner

Post by enchanted15 »

can we take bets to see how long her and allie last together in an apartment together? don't they know that "bffs" moving in together is just a recipe for disaster?! ugh

amyyydee
Learner
Learner

Post by amyyydee »

enchanted15 wrote:can we take bets to see how long her and allie last together in an apartment together? don't they know that "bffs" moving in together is just a recipe for disaster?! ugh
Meghan of all people should know that...

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

meghan is going to be consumed with jealousy if allies modeling career really takes off

blahness
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by blahness »

I am so over these gurus and there pity me stories... Kaceys was sad yes but besides her mom dying her life wasnt that horrible none of these girls were... you guys have had some of the best things happen in your lifes none of you were even that poor and even if you were before now you are rolling in the dough... we all get bullied at some part of our life and loose friends and it is difficult and is hard to deal with but the whole PITY ME GUYS I CAN RELATE TO YOU thing is old...

Return to “Meghan Rienks”