Meghanrosette / Meghan Rienks - Part 12

Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette / Meghan Rienks - Part 12

Post by 24601 »

TrapQueeen wrote:She tore apart Miss Mariss, and exposed her mother for gaslighting and being emotionally abusive, and not believing her mental health struggles.
Lmao please more details on what she said about Marissa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrapQueeen
Learner
Learner

Post by TrapQueeen »

24601 wrote:
TrapQueeen wrote:She tore apart Miss Mariss, and exposed her mother for gaslighting and being emotionally abusive, and not believing her mental health struggles.
Lmao please more details on what she said about Marissa

She tried to get Meghan to cancel her Vegas birthday trip, because she wanted to be the only friend that she celebrated with. She would degrade Meghan and get physical with her, and would smack her arm. She would verbally attack her, even in public, and would then brush it off as Meghan overreacting. She hated everyone in Meghan’s life, and wanted her to distance from her boyfriend and friends. She even had a sentence about how they would go shopping to Target together to buy stuff that they didn’t need, so she could clock in some hours with Marissa. Then she kind of distanced herself from Marissa, who kept saying that Meghan was treating her like a door mat.

beautybrothla
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautybrothla »

K guys I read the book, here we go.

It’s shitty. I can tell she put a lot of work into it but she is just emphatically not a gifted writer. It is just like any book written by a non writer. It’s full of cliches, bland pop culture references, attempts at self deprecation. As always, when Meghan tries to be funny, it’s a true NO. Imagine someone who hasn’t had fun since they were 17 doing an impression of Lorelei
Gilmore. That’s the ~*vibe*~

She is so insanely hung up on her past. Her stories of scandalous drinking were so cringey.

The mom stuff was the juiciest. HOWEVER, she dragged her mom SO HARD that it took her narration to an unreliable place. At one point she compared her mom to Hitler which like....yikes? Also that line actually was almost a word for word rip from Gilmore Girls.

It’s honestly just cringey. I feel bad that she put this out there. It’s dated and offensive and bad. I love Meghans vlogs and do root for her. She just really failed with this one.

tope520
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tope520 »

giraffe wrote:Somebody has to take one for the team and read that book and let us know if there is anything interesting (specifically about her college friends lol)

I started reading it and she doesn’t really go into specifics surrounding those roommates. She talks about how they are nicknamed “the Barbies” and after freshman year decided to live together. She mentions that before moving in there was some back and forth between them and their parents surrounding how much each person paid. Meghan had the biggest room (by only a couple square ft) and they wanted her to pay thousands more when she thought it would be $100 max. Eventually she caves and when they move in things are awkward. They started ditching her and doing things they all used to do without her. There would be weeks where they didn’t speak to one another. Then she mentions Halloween being the final straw. She said she was getting over a cold of sorts and they asked her if she wanted to go out. Meghan says yes and showers. Walks downstairs and notices a pregame going on and she is in her robe. She says she would’ve gotten dressed sooner if she had known and they say “you’re not having a pregame...WE are.”

Fast forward and they’re about to leave. They take a roommate photo but make Meghan take it. Meghan gives one of them her house key and says they have to open the door when she calls them. End of the night Meghan is calling and texting them with no response. She goes on ig or so and sees pics that prove they are at their apt and ignoring her. She climbs their gate and eventually gets into the apt and is greeted with a ratchet ass after party. She tells some rando that they’ve got to go home and they yell at her waking up her roommate who is pissed. Meghan says that they can talk about it the next day cause she’s drunk and she walks up the stairs to her room. As she walks they both start yelling mean things about her. She locks herself in her room/closet and tells her mom everything.

SO SORRY FOR THE LENGTH! I like details so I assume other people do too lol.

scottishgg25
Learner
Learner

Post by scottishgg25 »

beautybrothla wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 pm

It’s shitty. I can tell she put a lot of work into it but she is just emphatically not a gifted writer. It is just like any book written by a non writer. It’s full of cliches, bland pop culture references, attempts at self deprecation. As always, when Meghan tries to be funny, it’s a true NO. Imagine someone who hasn’t had fun since they were 17 doing an impression of Lorelei

She is so insanely hung up on her past. Her stories of scandalous drinking were so cringey.

The mom stuff was the juiciest. HOWEVER, she dragged her mom SO HARD that it took her narration to an unreliable place. At one point she compared her mom to Hitler which like....yikes? Also that line actually was almost a word for word rip from Gilmore Girls.

It’s honestly just cringey. I feel bad that she put this out there. It’s dated and offensive and bad. I love Meghans vlogs and do root for her. She just really failed with this one.
I'm about halfway through and I feel you. I don't actually find it too cringey but I do think it doesn't have the flow of a super gifted writer and what is really making the process difficult for me is the terrible grammar.. not to be that guy, but I feel her editors / publishers should have sorted out a lot of that.
The part about her roommates was interesting, albeit it was quite short. I went way back on her instagram this morning and saw the dramatic weight loss she talks about. I had forgotten it, but I remember when she posted that picture of her, Sarah Belle and Allie Marie Evans as Christmas elves that she looked pretty unwell, and that was around the time she mentions it all kicking off with D and J.

emeraldgirrl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emeraldgirrl »

scottishgg25 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 4:45 am
beautybrothla wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:20 pm

I'm about halfway through and I feel you. I don't actually find it too cringey but I do think it doesn't have the flow of a super gifted writer and what is really making the process difficult for me is the terrible grammar.. not to be that guy, but I feel her editors / publishers should have sorted out a lot of that.
The part about her roommates was interesting, albeit it was quite short. I went way back on her instagram this morning and saw the dramatic weight loss she talks about. I had forgotten it, but I remember when she posted that picture of her, Sarah Belle and Allie Marie Evans as Christmas elves that she looked pretty unwell, and that was around the time she mentions it all kicking off with D and J.
I just scrolled back through her insta to find this and was reminded of her super weird "white out the entire background to the point where it looks like I photoshopped myself out of a different picture and just reinserted myself into a white backdrop" phase. She posted like 4+ photos in a row of her dress/shoes for the Golden Globes and Grammys in a hotel room/outside her house but no photos at the actual events. Did she even go to those?

She was sooooo so skinny during her Show Me Your Mumu phase. I'm glad she's gotten a bit better about her body image issues.

socks123
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socks123 »

I’m so salty that her vlogs aren’t up to reference. I would love to relive the Meghan-Marissa friendship. Now I have questions about which friends were shitty to her between being friends with the Barbies and Marissa. I remember her hang out with Allie Evans and also Rebecca and the other sorority girls during that time.

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 24601 »

Meghan always doing Instagram stories in a towel is so cringe and unprofessional to me. She’s also doing her Twitter Q&A in a towel in her bed. At least try?

charlavail
Informer
Informer

Post by charlavail »

does anyone know if she's still trying to be an actress? or are her wannabe jennifer lawrence days over?

spookyfish
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spookyfish »

I have a serious problem with her tltle of her vlog "when you forget to take your adderall." she mentions adderall about 5 times throughout the course of the video. Not very brand friendly and potentially dangerous. I get that she's prescribed and loves this mental illness angle and milks it across all social media platforms, but adderall is a controlled substance for a reason because of high potential for abuse.... especially among her demographic of young women who abuse it for school without being prescribed, and also to lose weight. people get very addicted to it. it's irresponsible for her to talk about adderall in vlogs and I hope it gets demonetized or age restricted. she's old for YouTube and should know better. shame on you Meghan

Post by Guest »

Re the book:

Yah what a mess. I guess it was just a cheap YouTube sell because it sure came across like that.

The whole part with her Mom was so strange. She starts by saying she wasn't planning to write about it but then it feels very obvious she wrote the entire book for this chapter. She adds in a Mats excerpt which was just awful. She literally says "this is Mats' take on the event" and it's just a play by play of a very dramatized event where her Mom turned up at her door.

I just don't get it. It's like she's writing primarily for her audience, which is fine but also strange considering she dropped off the face of the planet for three years. Then it's like she thinks we're all still 15. I see a few of these YouTubers that think this way and she's clearly one of them. I'm 24, university educated with a good job, not the broke 17 year old who obsessed over her every instagram photo. I don't need to be told how to make friends or date immaturely and I'm sure neither do her other subscribers.

We all went through the boozy phase and the boy phase and the shitty friends phase. It's like she thinks we haven't been there though. It's ironic that the book is called 'You're not Special' when it's very clear she thinks she's had all these other worldly experiences.

I agree with the above comments. She throws in a LOT of painful cliches. I just turned to a random page and "“we couldn’t fit the basic bitch stereotype any more, our high-pitched squeals and Cher Horowitz–like mannerisms surpassed their expectations”. It's just cheap and tacky throughout.

There's so much more I could say but there's the main ones.

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

So, when Meghan get bored does she just think up weird vague things to say just to get mad at followers for being concerned about her well-being.

A la, her skin picking bitch fit

beautybrothla
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautybrothla »

Love that Meghan weighs 98 lbs and has severe anxiety and ocd and picks her skin but it is NOT because she religiously takes amphetamines how dare you!!!!

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

Girl. YOU’RE THE ONE WHO BROUGHT IT UP.

If you want people out of your business stop attention posting your aderall use and skin picking.

I know we’re in quarantine, but Jeeze, girl needs to do some yoga outside.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post by Guest »

I am so frustrated for my teenage self and how I obsessed over how thin and perfect she was, all to find out it was all an appetite suppressant drug. Being a teenage girl is hard enough, we don't need to idolize a secret adderall junkie on top of that.

Chloe_Bean
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Chloe_Bean »

socks123 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:36 pm
I’m so salty that her vlogs aren’t up to reference. I would love to relive the Meghan-Marissa friendship. Now I have questions about which friends were shitty to her between being friends with the Barbies and Marissa. I remember her hang out with Allie Evans and also Rebecca and the other sorority girls during that time.
Her and llie were attached at the hip and supposed to move in together and then just stopped being friends abruptly. And then Lauren came after that right? But Lauren ditched her for her new roommates.

spookyfish
Lurker
Lurker

Post by spookyfish »

she needs to go to inpatient treatment for her eating disorder, anxiety/depression/myriad of mental health issues, and chemical dependency

blahblah92
Lurker
Lurker

Post by blahblah92 »

fruitietutie wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:59 am
I am so frustrated for my teenage self and how I obsessed over how thin and perfect she was, all to find out it was all an appetite suppressant drug. Being a teenage girl is hard enough, we don't need to idolize a secret adderall junkie on top of that.
Okay, Meghan has her problems but this is uncalled for. As someone with ADHD, it sucks hearing people proclaim that people who have ADHD and take stimulants are "adderall junkies." I was diagnosed late (at 25) with ADHD and taking meds has been a complete game changer for me. I have developed a million and a half coping mechanisms over the years, but meds are the only thing that makes my productivity and executive functioning skills normal. It's actually been really nice to have someone like Meghan speak so openly about her struggles with ADHD, especially since it's underdiagnosed for women and stigmatized in our culture. Just because she takes adderall does not mean that she is addicted to stimulants - she has a legitimate disorder and has a literal psychiatrist who has diagnosed her and is prescribing her these meds. Which are actually a bitch to get access to by the way, they are a controlled substance and the rules for filling your prescription change all the time. Also, in terms of the appetite suppressant side effects, yes, that is kind of a thing when you first start taking them and I did lose weight, but at least for me, once my body got used to the medication, my appetite eventually became relatively normal and I gained the weight back lol. Obviously, this is a gossip site and I'm sure no one actually cares, but just thought my perspective would be helpful.

DaisyVee
Learner
Learner

Post by DaisyVee »

I'm a little late to the party but I just finished reading her book and I thought I'd share my musings:

It's readable but not great. She definitely tries way too hard. The basic format of the chapters is one part anecdote followed by one part self-help advice. The advice sections were NOT good and I skimmed through them because they were boring and also very basic tips like "don't let friends be mean to you" or whatever. I don't know if she realizes that people only read Youtuber books to find out behind the scenes tea.

Also, to me, it seemed like she contradicted herself a lot. At one point she'd say that she was always the first person to raise her hand in class and was the life of the party and dated all these frat boys in college but then later say that she had always had social anxiety and was awkward and insecure etc. I mean, people in general are complex and straddle the line between fake confidence and real confidence but a good writer would have explained that better.

One thing that I was waiting for was a chapter on Youtube. I thought it would have been interesting to see in-depth about how it changed from being a hobby to a career. A behind the scenes look at the business side of Youtube would have been interesting coming from her but we didn't get that AT ALL. She definitely mentions Youtube and explains how she got started and notes that it made her financially independent by the time she was 19. HOWEVER, I feel like she totally glosses over the fact that literally all her opportunities, income, followers come from her Youtube channel. She definitely views and describes herself more as an aspiring actress than anything else, which she technically is but has she ever had an acting job that didn't come from being an influencer?

The chapter on her mom was wild. If everything she says was true, I can understand why she'd cut her out of her life. This might just be me, but I give Meghan the benefit of the doubt in this case. I don't think people with good, loving mothers publically trash them out of now where. (Unless the person is unstable/otherwise ill.)

Lastly, I don't know if anyone mentioned it here but there is an incident with an ex-boyfriend she describes in her chapter about depression. She said she was dating this guy and she woke up one morning feeling horrible and they went to brunch and she told him that she needed to go back home (to her parents) for a while and he banged on the table and made a scene in the restaurant. When they got home, he apologized but made it seem like it was her fault saying something like "it's okay I know you didn't mean it" and she quietly started looking up plane tickets on her computer and he caught her and ripped the computer away. That was as far as the story goes but I was wondering if anyone knows who she was dating at the time? It would have been around the time before the depression video came out.

(One last thing--someone already shared what Meghan said about Marissa so I won't get into the whole thing BUT she mentions that Marissa was very physically aggressive. So, I went back to one of Marissa's old vlogs and Marissa pokes/hits Meghan TWICE and Meghan flinches both times so I just thought that was kind of interesting. It's a little confirmation that what Meghan said about her was true.)

123cp
Learner
Learner

Post by 123cp »

DaisyVee wrote:I'm a little late to the party but I just finished reading her book and I thought I'd share my musings:

It's readable but not great. She definitely tries way too hard. The basic format of the chapters is one part anecdote followed by one part self-help advice. The advice sections were NOT good and I skimmed through them because they were boring and also very basic tips like "don't let friends be mean to you" or whatever. I don't know if she realizes that people only read Youtuber books to find out behind the scenes tea.

Also, to me, it seemed like she contradicted herself a lot. At one point she'd say that she was always the first person to raise her hand in class and was the life of the party and dated all these frat boys in college but then later say that she had always had social anxiety and was awkward and insecure etc. I mean, people in general are complex and straddle the line between fake confidence and real confidence but a good writer would have explained that better.

One thing that I was waiting for was a chapter on Youtube. I thought it would have been interesting to see in-depth about how it changed from being a hobby to a career. A behind the scenes look at the business side of Youtube would have been interesting coming from her but we didn't get that AT ALL. She definitely mentions Youtube and explains how she got started and notes that it made her financially independent by the time she was 19. HOWEVER, I feel like she totally glosses over the fact that literally all her opportunities, income, followers come from her Youtube channel. She definitely views and describes herself more as an aspiring actress than anything else, which she technically is but has she ever had an acting job that didn't come from being an influencer?

The chapter on her mom was wild. If everything she says was true, I can understand why she'd cut her out of her life. This might just be me, but I give Meghan the benefit of the doubt in this case. I don't think people with good, loving mothers publically trash them out of now where. (Unless the person is unstable/otherwise ill.)

Lastly, I don't know if anyone mentioned it here but there is an incident with an ex-boyfriend she describes in her chapter about depression. She said she was dating this guy and she woke up one morning feeling horrible and they went to brunch and she told him that she needed to go back home (to her parents) for a while and he banged on the table and made a scene in the restaurant. When they got home, he apologized but made it seem like it was her fault saying something like "it's okay I know you didn't mean it" and she quietly started looking up plane tickets on her computer and he caught her and ripped the computer away. That was as far as the story goes but I was wondering if anyone knows who she was dating at the time? It would have been around the time before the depression video came out.

(One last thing--someone already shared what Meghan said about Marissa so I won't get into the whole thing BUT she mentions that Marissa was very physically aggressive. So, I went back to one of Marissa's old vlogs and Marissa pokes/hits Meghan TWICE and Meghan flinches both times so I just thought that was kind of interesting. It's a little confirmation that what Meghan said about her was true.)
Do you remember the name of the vlog? I’d love to watch it!

Return to “Meghan Rienks”