Meghanrosette/Meghan Rienks General Thread - Part 9

count_your_rainbows
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Meghanrosette/Meghan Rienks General Thread - Part 9

Post by count_your_rainbows »

She put her legs as "hot dogs" on IG too. Call me crazy, but couldn't that post be reported with a reason of it being "pro-ana"?

northiscalling
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by northiscalling »

nelly_w wrote:I much prefer the black eyed Meghan I watched over schnozmas when she got her nose job. That's how I found her. Then eventually I started to watch her main channel videos and realized how different she is.
I definitely prefer her vlogs to her main channel videos now. What I liked about her as a ~guru~, maybe around last summer or the summer before was how fun she was? Like she seemed to really enjoy what she was doing and all of her main channel videos are now the same thing but in different ways if that makes sense at all.

ejmc
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ejmc »

count_your_rainbows wrote:She put her legs as "hot dogs" on IG too. Call me crazy, but couldn't that post be reported with a reason of it being "pro-ana"?
calling your legs 'hot-dogs' insisnt pro-ana she's just referencing a popular meme. She's not saying that it's a good or bad thing to have skinny legs or giving harmful tips on how to get skinny legs in the picture.

angel face
Informer
Informer

Post by angel face »

recently discovered that "clevver" channel and why the fuck is she the host? girl makes up excuses in order to not try products, just uses her guests as guinea pigs lmao

GoneGirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by GoneGirl »

cwx12 wrote:Image

She really likes to emphasize how thin she is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This literally makes my legs hurt. When I lost a serious amount of weight, I had to sleep either with a pillow between my legs or sleep in a weird position because the bones on the sides of my knees would rub together.

bangtaen
Informer
Informer

Post by bangtaen »

I was rewatching her "Update: Who are my friends" vlog from when she moved out of D and J's apartment, and she says herself she "lost about 10 pounds" because she was really depressed. But now she claims that she's the same weight she's always been when she clearly didn't put back on whatever weight she lost during that time. This isn't really relevant, just wanted to give another reason to why that argument of hers is so invalid.

Side note: this wasn't even her prime but I still really miss this Meghan...she just gets worse as her youtube career goes on.

Dawntodusk99

Post by Dawntodusk99 »

prettyflowersinarow wrote:This is in response to what Carpy the Cat said about an experience they've had:
There is an aspiring beauty guru who I took notice of, I don't want to give her account name for reasons I'll explain in a bit, but she is a huge fan of Meghan Rienks; often referring to Meghan as her "idol", "queen", and "hero" . This girl only posts a video once every two months or so, because she lives in a hospital due to her anorexia nervosa, which she explained in a video. This girl seems very obsessed with Meghan, going as far as to hunt out the same clothes Meghan wears and buy them. She's only about 15 or so, which is why I don't want to give her account name, given the context. Oddly enough her first name is even 'Megan' . I hope she gets better and I'm not at all citing Meghan as the "inspo" of this girl's serious condition, but it strikes me as odd and definitely correlative in some ways.
I know who you're talking about! She seems so sweet in her videos I feel so bad for her. She also really seems to put effort in to her vids. It is kind of crazy how obsessed she is with Meghan, I definetly think she at the every least relates to Meghan on some level and that's why she likes her. I really hope Megan (teenage one) gets better.

lanatisdale
Lurker
Lurker

Post by lanatisdale »

does anyone know where she went to get her nose done?

muffin
Learner
Learner

Post by muffin »

her nose looks bigger than before the nose job ..is it still swollen or is this how it will look forever?

byebyebye1

Post by byebyebye1 »

Her legs just look so gross

Skinnier does not always = prettier

emarie97
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by emarie97 »

I had to unfollow Meghan on instagram because her posts make me so uncomfortable. I don't have a full-blown eating disorder but I have struggled with disordered eating habits since middle school (I'm almost 18).
So on one hand I look at her social media and feel bad for her because I can relate to what (I believe) she is going through, but on the other hand looking at her posts, especially instagram pictures, kind of fuels my obsession and sends me into a spiral. Seeing pictures of her ribs stick out through her chest, the small portions of fruit she eats, etc can trigger a weird high like "wow meghan is so thin I should be like her I should do that." I obviously don't feel that way looking at EVERY super thin person, but something about the way she broadcasts her habits and that we know that isn't her natural weight makes that part of me want to idolize her, which is gross.
I'm glad I'm self-aware enough to realize what I was doing, but I know that there are other people out there like me, especially other young girls, who view Meghan's lifestyle as a goal to attain (the ones who write "omg body goals!" on her pictures), which is so wrong imo. I think she needs help and I think she needs to stop calling herself some positive feminist icon when in reality she's knowingly doing damage to other girls.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

[tweet][/tweet]

K Meghan you're one to talk considering all the thinspo photos you post on IG, snapchat, tumblr and twitter..

meancutie
Talker
Talker

Post by meancutie »

bubblegumbitch wrote:[tweet][/tweet]

K Meghan you're one to talk considering all the thinspo photos you post on IG, snapchat, tumblr and twitter..
OMG where the fuck does she get off putting the word theme in quotation marks as if she thinks it's stupid and a waste of time?! considering how obsessed she is with her instagram and making sure everything matches. even her apartment.

july111
Informer
Informer

Post by july111 »

^Omg Meghan! So progressive of you! Your tumblr is 99% skinny white girls but that's just... not harmful at all

I laughed about "theme" too, oh so ironic

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane »

She is insufferable these days.

The legs pic is beyond ridiculous. I'd be at my kid's front door if I saw shit like that, yes, even if she were 22 or however old Meghan is.

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup »

Of all the annoying things she does, this is the worst. Why does does she think she has any authority or right to scold random groups of people over twitter? Everything she chastises other people for, she does as well. I'm so sick of her overplayed SJW warrior act. If you were a real activist Meghan, then you would do something instead of sitting your lazy ass in your apartment and aggressively tweeting. Voicing your unsolicited opinion doesn't do shit, so sit the fuck down and go edit some instagram photos, you vapid idiot.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

Return to “Meghan Rienks”