whatthaffff
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Loey Lane--Part-4

Post by whatthaffff »

sorry, double post!
Last edited by whatthaffff on Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

whatthaffff
Debater
Debater

Post by whatthaffff »

So you acknowledge that you're aware that you're not allowed to post personal pictures of yourself and yet you did it anyway? The rules apply to you, just like everyone else on GG. You are not exempt, I will remind you that two warnings equal a three day temporary ban. When you return, if you continue eschewing the rules, you will be permanently banned. Please use your temporary ban to reflect as to WHY you feel the need to make the board about you and why you feel the rules shouldn't apply to you.

NotMyselfTonight
Informer
Informer

Post by NotMyselfTonight »

I think at this point we all know she isn't a size 14. It's just the fact she lies about it and wants to preach about being healthy but the results aren't showing.
:angel: fly high Christina Grimmie :love2:

giselakjersti
Informer
Informer

Post by giselakjersti »

Because someone oh so sick with mono stays up snapping until 5:30 am. :tu:

msbeandrake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by msbeandrake »

Well @crystallinekitty, with that logic the entire movie , media, fitness, marketing industries all support eating disorders and excessive exercising because they are more likely to display thinner bodies...the body positivity movement is not encouraging anything but acceptance. It's saying accept other people who are different sizes, and accept yourself even if you don't fit into your standard ideal size 4-6. It promotes the idea that body weight does not equal worth. So yeah, one girl abusing this movement does not mean its "more harm than good" :roll:

msbeandrake
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by msbeandrake »

Well @crystallinekitty, with that logic the entire movie , media, fitness, marketing industries all support eating disorders and excessive exercising because they are more likely to display thinner bodies...the body positivity movement is not encouraging anything but acceptance. It's saying accept other people who are different sizes, and accept yourself even if you don't fit into your standard ideal size 4-6. It promotes the idea that body weight does not equal worth. So yeah, one girl abusing this movement does not mean its "more harm than good" :roll:

BeachBabe
Learner
Learner

Post by BeachBabe »

Hi all, this is my first time posting on this thread, can't wait to gossip with you all ^.^

Why doesn't Loey just take the dogs with her the next time she goes "running for four hours straight".
Oh wait, because that doesn't happen.

Lgmcd89
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Lgmcd89 »

If Loey honestly met Stacy London, and Stacy had nothing to say about the romper that she squeezed herself into, then I have lost all respect for What Not To Wear. I mean I could understand positive comments if she actually looked like how she portrays herself on her Instagram, but when you actually see videos taken by someone else, it's obvious she is twice as larger as her Instagram photos make her appear.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
My God... Just look at how the fabric clings to her rolls... And how far it rides up. If that chicks elbow was not there, we would be getting a much unwanted show ladies and gents.

Another thing that really annoys me, and I know several others of you have also talked about this, is the fact that EVERYONE and their grandmother is apparently Loey's "friend." In her latest blog, she even went as far as to call the camera guy who was recording her interview a freaking friend. Like seriously? I highly doubt that some person that recorded an interview for 15 minutes is now your "bff4e." It's just so uncomfortable to watch how desperately she wants others to like her. It's quite obvious that she has no friends. In her vlogs, you never hear her talk about doing anything with friends or whatever. Learningtobefearless constantly is including her friends in her vlog! The harsh reality is Loey literally does not have any friends because she is so hard to be around. So she desperately clings to anything near her that talks to her and instantly claims "best friend status." Girl, you are delusional! :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

whatthaffff
Debater
Debater

Post by whatthaffff »

Those people (Loey, Tess Holliday) aren't body positive. As a fat person myself I don't identify with them. Tess is a hooligan, bragging about all the animals she's eating. Tons of pics with salami pizza, corndogs and what not and still screaming she is healthy and beautiful. Loey is even worse because she lies about what she eats. I am a vegetarian since I was sixteen and turned vegan a few months ago and there are still many unhealthy, sweet and fat options for me to eat. she is using the vegetarism to "Prove" she's not fat and eats really healthy instead of doing it for the animals and the environment. She is a fraud, just like the whole body positive movement. They are all fat, calling themselves curvy and claim to live on veggies and fruits. How is that body positive?

readqueen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by readqueen »

msbeandrake wrote:Well @crystallinekitty, with that logic the entire movie , media, fitness, marketing industries all support eating disorders and excessive exercising because they are more likely to display thinner bodies...the body positivity movement is not encouraging anything but acceptance. It's saying accept other people who are different sizes, and accept yourself even if you don't fit into your standard ideal size 4-6. It promotes the idea that body weight does not equal worth. So yeah, one girl abusing this movement does not mean its "more harm than good" :roll:
Are you implying that there is no way to have a thin body without developing an eating disorder? I went from a size 14 to a size 2 (a 0/00 in places infamous for vanity sizing) by simply counting calories. I didn't even starting exercising until I was about a size 4. No starving myself, either. Wanting to lose weight does not mean you're destined to develop a mental illness.

Anyway, Loey is absolutely abusing the body positivity movement to justify her poor life choices, and that is 100% harmful to her young, impressionable viewers.

Kelery
Debater
Debater

Post by Kelery »

What tf is with her trying to justify her late videos?

"I understand that some people aren't happy about vlogs being uploaded a month after they were filmed but I've been so sick."
"I have NOT been filming new vlogs. I've been dying. If these weren't going up now that channel would have no videos anyways."

Girl...why can't you just be honest? Your vids are ALWAYS a month behind at LEAST. :roll: It's always an excuse with her from her out of control weight to her extremely late content.

No accountability, no self motivation, no responsibility, and no pride in her work.

And seriously...see a fucking doctor. Seeing her fatass constantly on her death bed is getting really old.
Image@kelseyalouest

cherrycream
Informer
Informer

Post by cherrycream »

Kelery wrote:What tf is with her trying to justify her late videos?

"I understand that some people aren't happy about vlogs being uploaded a month after they were filmed but I've been so sick."
"I have NOT been filming new vlogs. I've been dying. If these weren't going up now that channel would have no videos anyways."

Girl...why can't you just be honest? Your vids are ALWAYS a month behind at LEAST. :roll: It's always an excuse with her from her out of control weight to her extremely late content.

No accountability, no self motivation, no responsibility, and no pride in her work.

And seriously...see a fucking doctor. Seeing her fatass constantly on her death bed is getting really old.
To be fair, when has she ever been truthful? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

whatthaffff
Debater
Debater

Post by whatthaffff »

readqueen wrote:
msbeandrake wrote:Well @crystallinekitty, with that logic the entire movie , media, fitness, marketing industries all support eating disorders and excessive exercising because they are more likely to display thinner bodies...the body positivity movement is not encouraging anything but acceptance. It's saying accept other people who are different sizes, and accept yourself even if you don't fit into your standard ideal size 4-6. It promotes the idea that body weight does not equal worth. So yeah, one girl abusing this movement does not mean its "more harm than good" :roll:
Are you implying that there is no way to have a thin body without developing an eating disorder? I went from a size 14 to a size 2 (a 0/00 in places infamous for vanity sizing) by simply counting calories. I didn't even starting exercising until I was about a size 4. No starving myself, either. Wanting to lose weight does not mean you're destined to develop a mental illness.

Anyway, Loey is absolutely abusing the body positivity movement to justify her poor life choices, and that is 100% harmful to her young, impressionable viewers.
A size 2? That's awesome, girl. Is that EU size 32?

readqueen
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by readqueen »

whatthaffff wrote:
readqueen wrote:

A size 2? That's awesome, girl. Is that EU size 32?
Sorry, should've specified it was a US 2. But yeah, EU 32-34, UK/AU 4-6. Thanks!

witchywoman
Learner
Learner

Post by witchywoman »

Just because certain people who claim to be body positive are frauds doesn't mean the whole movement is negative. I haven't really seen the "glorification of obesity and overeating" that you say is so widespread outside of the tumblr realm. Ashley Graham is one of the big time plus size models right now and is very outspoken about her healthy lifestyle. Yet, she is still constantly criticized by people who are "concerned about her health"... Of course you have loons like Loey and Tess Holliday who are out there twisting the movement to fit their agendas but I wouldn't say that's the heart of the movement. After discovering body positivity and realizing that I don't have to hate my body, I was able to take control of myself and drop fifty pounds. It's not a flawless movement and it does have some negatives, but it helps a lot of people and I don't feel like it should be discredited because it has some bad apples in the bunch.

The way that Loey dressed really makes me wonder if she truly has some form of body dysmorphia or something. There's no way she sees herself the way that others see her. I honestly wonder why her husband or friends or someone doesn't help her make better clothing choices. It's easy to pick clothes to flatter your body. Loey could pull off a well-fitting skater dress a million times better than one of her famous cooch-hugging rompers. It's embarrassing- I get major secondhand embarrassment for her.

laesterschwester
Talker
Talker

Post by laesterschwester »

Well the problem with Loey is that she doesn't find anything well fitting due to the body dysmorphia. Apart from that, I don't really think she should wear skater dresses or at least short ones since her legs are real pounders (if that word makes any sense to you native speakers in that context haha).
irony and sarcasm is completely overrated and dull.

ImNotAchaiLatte
Talker
Talker

Post by ImNotAchaiLatte »

laesterschwester wrote:her legs are real pounders (if that word makes any sense to you native speakers in that context haha).
I just had to laugh so hard about the "Stampfer" xD I'd say "Krautstampfer" though 8D

laesterschwester
Talker
Talker

Post by laesterschwester »

Yeah - it just describes it perfectly :D It should be incorporated into the English language too ahahaha
irony and sarcasm is completely overrated and dull.

whatthaffff
Debater
Debater

Post by whatthaffff »

witchywoman wrote:Just because certain people who claim to be body positive are frauds doesn't mean the whole movement is negative. I haven't really seen the "glorification of obesity and overeating" that you say is so widespread outside of the tumblr realm. Ashley Graham is one of the big time plus size models right now and is very outspoken about her healthy lifestyle. Yet, she is still constantly criticized by people who are "concerned about her health"... Of course you have loons like Loey and Tess Holliday who are out there twisting the movement to fit their agendas but I wouldn't say that's the heart of the movement. After discovering body positivity and realizing that I don't have to hate my body, I was able to take control of myself and drop fifty pounds. It's not a flawless movement and it does have some negatives, but it helps a lot of people and I don't feel like it should be discredited because it has some bad apples in the bunch.

The way that Loey dressed really makes me wonder if she truly has some form of body dysmorphia or something. There's no way she sees herself the way that others see her. I honestly wonder why her husband or friends or someone doesn't help her make better clothing choices. It's easy to pick clothes to flatter your body. Loey could pull off a well-fitting skater dress a million times better than one of her famous cooch-hugging rompers. It's embarrassing- I get major secondhand embarrassment for her.
If you're so body positive, the second alinea you wrote doesn't make any sense. I agree with you that she wears her clothes too small. But hey, she sould wear whatever she wants, and I hope she keeps doing it so we can keep gossiping about it 8-)
Why would she have body dysmorphia? I think her body is awesome. She has the body every chubby/fat girl wants but doesn't have. A small waist, a tiny stomach (compared to her lower body) and curvy hips and thighs. Maybe I would dress like that too, if I had that body. Maybe she thinks the same about her body and is that the reason why she's dressing like that. I don't know, just thinking about it.
And Tyler? He is a man. Men like thight clothing on women. I had boyfriends that bought dresses and lingerie too small for me, on purpose. They were chubby chasers and into that (I personally am not, I prefer clothes that fit). But still, she's very young. When I was in my teens, like in the picture I posted a page ago, I was also wearing a jeans that was cutting off my circulation and a teeny tiny t-shirt. I just didn't know how to dress for my body yet. Maybe she's in that position too. But the rompers....yeah. They are just...well.... :rofl:

Beauty+Burrito

Post by Beauty+Burrito »

whatthaffff wrote: If you're so body positive, the second alinea you wrote doesn't make any sense. I agree with you that she wears her clothes too small. But hey, she sould wear whatever she wants, and I hope she keeps doing it so we can keep gossiping about it 8-)
Why would she have body dysmorphia? I think her body is awesome. She has the body every chubby/fat girl wants but doesn't have. A small waist, a tiny stomach (compared to her lower body) and curvy hips and thighs. Maybe I would dress like that too, if I had that body. Maybe she thinks the same about her body and is that the reason why she's dressing like that. I don't know, just thinking about it.
And Tyler? He is a man. Men like thight clothing on women. I had boyfriends that bought dresses and lingerie too small for me, on purpose. They were chubby chasers and into that (I personally am not, I prefer clothes that fit). But still, she's very young. When I was in my teens, like in the picture I posted a page ago, I was also wearing a jeans that was cutting off my circulation and a teeny tiny t-shirt. I just didn't know how to dress for my body yet. Maybe she's in that position too. But the rompers....yeah. They are just...well.... :rofl:
Is this a joke? She doesn't have a good body at all. She's not curvy in all the right places. She has roll after roll on her stomach and hips (that she can only hide [when clothed] because she's so adept at posing and bending her body at strange angles). Her thighs have more craters than the moon. And her tits are so far apart and saggy that even a bra can't shove them close enough together to make it seem like she has a hint of cleavage. She has the body "fat girls want" because she can photoshop a picture, twist herself in half sideways, and use her salami arms to hide how large her waist is.
It's most likely body dysmorphia because she continually buys clothes for someone half her size, but convinces herself that they fit. But I'm not a professional, so whatever. And, I don't give a damn about her size, but please don't think she's all confident and wants to rock her body because of that. She hates her body as much as we do, she just tries to hide it under layers of false-confidence and self-absorption. Also, she gets more compliments to make herself feel better. Why else would she lie about being *sooooo* healthy all the time? Or losing weight? Or saying she can fit in a size that I can't imagine would slip over one of her linebacker thighs without a babybit of grease?

Return to “Loey Lane”