LoeyLane Part 2

Kelery
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LoeyLane Part 2

Post by Kelery »

Her silver hair looks terrible! she just looks like she's grey from aging!!!
Image@kelseyalouest

bbgorilla
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by bbgorilla »

I wonder how long it will take to see her silver in videos if she's still posting videos from weeks and weeks ago.

Fish Mooney
Informer
Informer

Post by Fish Mooney »

Omg the silver hair LOL. She looks like my 62 year old mom, not even joking. My mom has long "silver" hair just like hers. I never really understood the grey hair trend but it looks even worse on her because of her tendency to already age herself far beyond her years with bad makeup. What else can she do to make herself look even older? I'm calling a granny panty haul.

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

Fish Mooney wrote:Omg the silver hair LOL. She looks like my 62 year old mom, not even joking. My mom has long "silver" hair just like hers. I never really understood the grey hair trend but it looks even worse on her because of her tendency to already age herself far beyond her years with bad makeup. What else can she do to make herself look even older? I'm calling a granny panty haul.
Only if it sponsored.
Venti, vidi, grande. :coffee:

onecoolcat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by onecoolcat »

*Insert whatever disclaimer is needed bc I don't actually hate Loey and I refuse to body shame her but....*

Since we all know she reads here, I just wish she'd take some constructive criticism. I think it's obvious that she's gained weight, and as a body positive person all I have to say about that is whatever! Her body, her life, her deal. Those tops she's trying on at Target in her latest vlog do not fit her, though. Honestly, that's a sucky part of gaining weight. It's probably the suckiest for me, personally, because I think I have a very similar body to Loey (except mamas got some tittays) and when you're a larger person your options for cute, affordable clothes DOES shrink. Why tf is she not repping Ava + Viv, the cute new plus size line Target carries? Why is she not in their plus size department? She is a plus sized person. She admits that she is a plus sized person. It's so illogical and frankly very sad! XL/XXL from certain brands used to be in my size range. Guess what? They're not anymore! And it's fine! My life is fine! I wish she would stop trying to wear things that aren't her size and be the positive person she claims to be. Being a truly body positive person who is happy with their weight entails being honest with yourself about your body, seeing it how it is, and celebrating it with clothing that fits. It's not for her viewers, it's for her! UGH.

Sorry for the tl;dr. Loey, if you're reading this, girl, please! Size up. Show your subscribers where to find cute clothes that fit them. 500k subscribers means you're an influencer. Influence your audience to wear clothing that fits and flatters. Why don't we ever see you in getups from Lane Bryant or Asos Curve? Please show your older audience (people who are YOUR age!) appropriate clothing options!

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

onecoolcat wrote:*Insert whatever disclaimer is needed bc I don't actually hate Loey and I refuse to body shame her but....*

Since we all know she reads here, I just wish she'd take some constructive criticism. I think it's obvious that she's gained weight, and as a body positive person all I have to say about that is whatever! Her body, her life, her deal. Those tops she's trying on at Target in her latest vlog do not fit her, though. Honestly, that's a sucky part of gaining weight. It's probably the suckiest for me, personally, because I think I have a very similar body to Loey (except mamas got some tittays) and when you're a larger person your options for cute, affordable clothes DOES shrink. Why tf is she not repping Ava + Viv, the cute new plus size line Target carries? Why is she not in their plus size department? She is a plus sized person. She admits that she is a plus sized person. It's so illogical and frankly very sad! XL/XXL from certain brands used to be in my size range. Guess what? They're not anymore! And it's fine! My life is fine! I wish she would stop trying to wear things that aren't her size and be the positive person she claims to be. Being a truly body positive person who is happy with their weight entails being honest with yourself about your body, seeing it how it is, and celebrating it with clothing that fits. It's not for her viewers, it's for her! UGH.

Sorry for the tl;dr. Loey, if you're reading this, girl, please! Size up. Show your subscribers where to find cute clothes that fit them. 500k subscribers means you're an influencer. Influence your audience to wear clothing that fits and flatters. Why don't we ever see you in getups from Lane Bryant or Asos Curve? Please show your older audience (people who are YOUR age!) appropriate clothing options!
Those tops looked painful on her. She looks like me when I was 50 lbs heavier. I did wear clothing from the plus sized sections/ stores, however. Now I'm in a straight size large for tops, sometimes medium depending ( I also have a big chest.)
Yeah, granted plus sized options are scarce but it looks sooo much better than squeezing oneself into ill fitting clothing. Torrid has hella cute clothes for someone her age; I'm 20 years older so I found some a little juvenile but still...
I couldn't care less if she was 600 lbs either. I won't shit on anyone for facing the same struggles I do; it's her refusal to acknowledge anything that sounds like criticism ( even when it comes from a place of caring/ concern.)

onecoolcat
Lurker
Lurker

Post by onecoolcat »

MissDelusional wrote:
onecoolcat wrote:*Insert whatever disclaimer is needed bc I don't actually hate Loey and I refuse to body shame her but....*

Those tops looked painful on her. She looks like me when I was 50 lbs heavier. I did wear clothing from the plus sized sections/ stores, however. Now I'm in a straight size large for tops, sometimes medium depending ( I also have a big chest.)
Yeah, granted plus sized options are scarce but it looks sooo much better than squeezing oneself into ill fitting clothing. Torrid has hella cute clothes for someone her age; I'm 20 years older so I found some a little juvenile but still...
I couldn't care less if she was 600 lbs either. I won't shit on anyone for facing the same struggles I do; it's her refusal to acknowledge anything that sounds like criticism ( even when it comes from a place of caring/ concern.)
I'm just a couple years older than Loey and I shop at Torrid, I didn't mention that one because she does seem to shop at several plus size retailers that gear more towards juniors (Charlotte Russe and wet seal) but now that I'm thinking about it... I can't really remember the last time I saw her wear anything from torrid (besides the Halloween costumes, which were sent to her for PR).

Few people enjoy criticism, but that's a pretty serious offense imho. If you're a plus sized influencer, you almost have a duty to help your audience find what their options are (especially since, as you mentioned, stylish plus size clothing is scarce!). It's bizarre to have enough self confidence to shop for tops at Abercrombie at Loeys weight and yet not have the courage to wear clothes with a certain number or set of letters on the tag.

DramaticMe32
Learner
Learner

Post by DramaticMe32 »

I agree with her wearing clothes way too small, I have pretty much the EXACT same body type as loey, big booty, smaller chest (but not too small, about a c, almost d) and I love shopping at Maurices, they have very cute plus size clothes that are not old lady looking...actually 95% of my closet is from there, cause it is very hard finding plus size clothes that don't look like they belong on a 60 year old or a moomoo...I don't have a Torrid anywhere near me or I would be shopping there too all the time....and their's soooo many online plus size clothing stores that carry cute plus size clothes.....I just don't get her...as a plus size woman I would never buy clothes too small, all it does is make me look more bigger and I don't want people seeing my rolls and cameltoe, that's just scary!! I know it's depressing not being able to wear smaller sizes, but if she bought clothes that fit, she might actually have more self confidence in herself...there is a way to be plus size and look cute at the same time...but with the way she dresses, I'd rather see her in Walmart moomoo then her cameltoe lol.

She thought she dressed bad when she was 16, wait til she's in her 30s and looks back at her pics of now...she's gonna be very embarrassed!!

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

DramaticMe32 wrote: She thought she dressed bad when she was 16, wait til she's in her 30s and looks back at her pics of now...she's gonna be very embarrassed!!
She seriously dresses terrible. Very rarely I see an outfit on her where I think it looks good

MissDelusional
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by MissDelusional »

I know for her weight is an issue due to PCOS- I have a friend who has it and her being a bit bigger isn't due to lack of exercise; she could leave me in the dust easily. That really sucks, having that, and it does make it very difficult to lose.
If she got just regular coffee, black- if she wanted the caffeine- instead of those PSL drinks she would be well on her way to success. Just one tweak makes a huge difference; when I started losing almost 2 years ago I decided I'd make little changes I could live with and it helped.
In terms of her buying straight sized clothing I have to wonder if it's her thumbing her nose at those retailers saying, "look, I can still fit in these" ( though they don't do her any favors whatsoever.)
Torrid still sends me catalogs and they feature regular plus sized women in them wearing their outfits. It would be something she would be perfect for, I think.

MzMichelle537
Informer
Informer

Post by MzMichelle537 »

Kelery wrote:Her silver hair looks terrible! she just looks like she's grey from aging!!!
Pic please! I don't see it?

chriskeller
Learner
Learner

Post by chriskeller »

Why in the world is she getting her underwear from Victoria's Secret?! The largest they go up to is a large, and of course she bought the PINK ones which run small. I'm a 2/4 and I have to get a medium to be comfortable. Her denial seeps so deep that she's lying to herself about what size underwear she needs. You do not need to have branded underwear or get some that are too tight. Literally no one is going to see it or question you about it.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

chriskeller wrote:Why in the world is she getting her underwear from Victoria's Secret?! The largest they go up to is a large, and of course she bought the PINK ones which run small. I'm a 2/4 and I have to get a medium to be comfortable. Her denial seeps so deep that she's lying to herself about what size underwear she needs. You do not need to have branded underwear or get some that are too tight. Literally no one is going to see it or question you about it.
I think she only ever gets a large in their yoga pants/leggings too. She thinks if she can squeeze into them it must mean they fit.

ColdHeartedBitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ColdHeartedBitch »

Unless otherwise stated, my statements are solely my opinion and do not reflect the views of GG in any way.

Return to “Loey Lane”