Laurenbeautyy

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Laurenbeautyy

Post by ispyskyler »

For those of you who don't know, Lauren is an Australian beauty guru who hasn't been on YouTube too long (I think only two years.)
So I haven't seen any threads about her, but I decided to make one because this girl criticizes her viewers in comments on the way they look, telling them they are "unfortunate looking" and just all around making fun of them. Not only that, but she rarely ever updates, always seems bored during her latest videos, and just generally has an upstart attitude. Maybe it's just me, but I had to unsub from her because of her rude attitude towards people in the comments, and the disregard she seems to have for her viewers.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Re: Laurenbeautyy

Post by cherry_blossom »

I used to watch her, but I couldn't take her seriously with those spidery lashes and overly yellow foundation.
Hell, I don't know how she got hired by Bobbi Brown because her makeup is always heavy and cakey looking, and Bobbi is very big on "natural" looking makeup.

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker

Post by ispyskyler »

cherry_blossom wrote:I used to watch her, but I couldn't take her seriously with those spidery lashes and overly yellow foundation.
Hell, I don't know how she got hired by Bobbi Brown because her makeup is always heavy and cakey looking, and Bobbi is very big on "natural" looking makeup.
Thank you! Those lashes are terrible! I don't know what she does to make them look that way. I have very long lashes myself and mine never look like that.
She is very yellow, probably from all the fake tanning she does.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

When did she insult her viewers? I never really take notice of her comments.

I think she has ok makeup skills but I find her a bit stuck up, she speaks like she's amazing and I have seen her criticize other peoples eyebrows and makeup before. I was looking on her tumblr one day and someone asked if she got hit on a lot at clubs because of her 'beauty' and she said something like "I don't go to clubs or dress up for that specific reason, but yes, I do get approached". Good for you Lauren...
Also her voice grates on me a bit.

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker

Post by ispyskyler »

I like her Kim Kardashian look a lot.
Yes, she is very full of herself, I've noticed. That's the main thing I don't like about her.
I can't find the comment anymore, but she said, "Awkward moment when Rachel Walker isn't aware of her own (unfortunate looking) appearance and tries to insult others on theirs.. Haha couldn't give a crap about your opinion and I'm sure most other people wouldn't either. Mwa xxxxx"

Really? Was that necessary?

I don't really like her voice, either. And I'm not a big fan of Australian accents. They're just so harsh sounding to me.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

She thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world, but in fact, she's not, she's pretty.
She's too full of herself and everything about her is fake.

I don't know, but on the old GG someone said that she makes out with a lot of boys at clubs, I don't really believe it, but the girl claimed to know her (I don't know if the girl who said that is a member of this gg)

stiffles
Learner
Learner

Post by stiffles »

ispyskyler wrote:
I don't really like her voice, either. And I'm not a big fan of Australian accents. They're just so harsh sounding to me.
As an Australian, this makes me sad haha. Her accent is pretty strong though.

I have some mutual friends with her so I've met her briefly a couple times, and in regards to the making out with boys in clubs thing, it wouldn't surprise me if she did (a lot of people do, it's not a big deal), but I will say that she isn't one of those girls that have a slutty reputation.

I have a question for non-Aussies though.. in one of her clothing haul videos she'd bought a bunch of dresses and I was wondering what you guys thought about them? I ask because the place she got them from (Ally) is honestly pretty crappy and I was curious as to whether you could tell the dresses came from a cheap store. No one I know actually buys clubbing dresses there so I was surprised when I saw that she did. The ones she got were surprisingly decent though, cause imo most of their stuff is cheap and ugly... and I used to work there, lol.

I think this is the vid

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

I'm Australian too. But her accent is harsh, we do not all sound like her.

I think ally is one of those hit and miss shops. I've found some nice things in there actually, but the majority of the clothes are trashy and cheap looking.

Audacity
Informer
Informer

Post by Audacity »

The dresses looked fine to me. The tackiest stuff I've seen comes from AMI Clubwear.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Australians accents don't sound harsh to me, but hers is.

This one doesn't sound harsh to me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md0aOeNI ... ture=g-u-u

ispyskyler
Talker
Talker

Post by ispyskyler »

I don't know, I think we all have accents we do like as well as some we don't care for. I have nothing against Australian people, the accents just aren't my favorite.
I've never really paid attention to her outfits, but the ones I've seen are pretty cute.

ASunnyDay
Talker
Talker

Post by ASunnyDay »

I feel like her eyebrows are too dark or thick or something cause my focus always ends up on them when I'm watching her

almanac
Learner
Learner

Post by almanac »

I love her accent, personally. I'm big on accents, hah. Her eyelashes are crazy looking, especially the bottom. She is the guru I go to when I want inspiration for club/party makeup and outfit ideas but beyond that she doesn't really interest me. She's just the only one I know who does that kind of video.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

almanac wrote:I love her accent, personally. I'm big on accents, hah. Her eyelashes are crazy looking, especially the bottom. She is the guru I go to when I want inspiration for club/party makeup and outfit ideas but beyond that she doesn't really interest me. She's just the only one I know who does that kind of video.
Shaaanxo does clubbing looks too, she is a New Zealander and can be a little tacky in what she wears etc. but I think her eye makeup skills are ok.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

The accent doesn't bother me. I'm a New Zealander, so it sounds similar anyway. I guess it's different for people who are not used to it.
stiffles wrote:
I have a question for non-Aussies though.. in one of her clothing haul videos she'd bought a bunch of dresses and I was wondering what you guys thought about them? I ask because the place she got them from (Ally) is honestly pretty crappy and I was curious as to whether you could tell the dresses came from a cheap store. No one I know actually buys clubbing dresses there so I was surprised when I saw that she did. The ones she got were surprisingly decent though, cause imo most of their stuff is cheap and ugly... and I used to work there, lol.

I think this is the vid
I didn't like the last dress with sequins, because sequins can look tacky and cheap if they're not done properly. The white strapless dress with the bronzed sequins looked better. We don't have Ally in NZ, but I took a quick look on their website and it reminds me alot of Supre (which I loathe). :x
emmaemma wrote:
Shaaanxo does clubbing looks too, she is a New Zealander and can be a little tacky in what she wears etc. but I think her eye makeup skills are ok.
I don't think her skills are that great. Alot of her looks are muddy and once you've seen one clubbing 'get ready with me' look, you've seen them all.

Zareh
Learner
Learner

Post by Zareh »

Some of Lauren's responses to comments/fans:
Lauren Beauty [1].JPG
Lauren Beauty [2].JPG
Lauren Beauty [3].JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cherry_blossom
Talker
Talker

Post by cherry_blossom »

Calling out Rachel like that was uncalled for and extremely rude. Judging from the way she has commented, she seems like a nasty person.

No amount of makeup can mask this girl's ugly personality.

emmaemma
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by emmaemma »

WOW! That has to be some of the rudest replying I've ever seen.
Girl's got issues...

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

She's so rude, she's not even pretty, she's FAKE, all her body screams fake.

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

I like Lauren's looks and I think she's pretty. Nothing special. She can be arrogant, but as long as I'm learning something new, I really don't care.

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

Return to “Lauren Curtis”