LoserCurtis - SnapChat Rants and Pj Parties 24/7 | Part 7

wildxfox
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: LoserCurtis - SnapChat Rants and Pj Parties 24/7 | Part 7

Post by wildxfox »

dearactually wrote:I really like Lauren. She’s unproblematic and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I don’t know why she gets so much crap here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She’s just boring. She hasn’t done anything new or exciting in literal years - ever since she left Sydney. She lives a fairly simple life which is nice to see but everything about her is dull - even her stupid holidays to Bali 23 times a year. She’s got the money and means to travel the world but she chooses to sit in a villa in the same place over and over again. I don’t get it.

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

Post by LordTrolldemort »

dearactually wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:35 pm
I really like Lauren. She’s unproblematic and seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I don’t know why she gets so much crap here.

Look, I like Lauren too. She’s one of the first you tubers I followed about 6 or 7 years ago that I still follow (I unsubscribed for a bit though). I think she seems like a genuinely nice, caring person.

But...

For me personally, her squeezing herself into extremely tight fast fashion every week is just so very DULL to me as content. It usually takes me about 2 or 3 goes to get through her videos this past year. But other people like fashion reviews so 🤷‍♀️ what can ya do.

Armywife1508
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Armywife1508 »

She’s another cookie cutter You Tuber. Another clothing haul from fast fashion brands in 3, 2, 1......
Typo’s Happen :tu:

BookishBarbie
Learner
Learner

Post by BookishBarbie »

I’ve always liked her too but I’ll also say I haven’t watched her in awhile. Everything she posts is very similar.
She seems like an very sweet girl but she hasn’t evolved in a way for YouTube.
My tears are nonexistent, help!

KCxo
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by KCxo »

Wow, I can’t believe how downhill everything has went for her. 3.4 million followers and barely scraping 100k views on most of her videos. I always did find her quite bland, no personality etc but she was popular at the time so I stayed subscribed. Seems now that everything is her/her bf or a haul. No inspiration left in her anymore. She’s basically an IG’er now.

tahlia3
Lurker
Lurker

Post by tahlia3 »

This thread is pretty dead but she’s selling her house and doesn’t want anyone to know. I commented on her post asking and she deleted my comment. They’re asking for $1.05 million

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

tahlia3 wrote:
Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:42 am
This thread is pretty dead but she’s selling her house and doesn’t want anyone to know. I commented on her post asking and she deleted my comment. They’re asking for $1.05 million
Interesting! There's quite a few houses for sale in that street too.

The other week on Insta stories she asked if there was any work available/jobs for a carpenter aka Reece. So I guess she really does want to move out of the metro area.

For years now she's seemed really down and lost. It probably doesn't help that YouTube is flooded with beauty videos.

It really shows that life as a stay at home youtuber is not healthy.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

Ok so I don’t post here anymore (even though I have many thoughts) as guru gossip is so hard to handle. It’s taken me 30 minutes to get on here!

Anyway, I was only thinking about what Lauren does for cash the other day. Her videos are crap, she posts every 1-2 months and the last two videos have 61k and 54k views respectively. I was genuinely curious as to how she affords life keeping this up? Her lounge wear doesn’t seem popular as she is always having sales and clearly they aren’t making enough money as Reece is still working (or maybe he’s smart and keeping his career wheel turning so he doesn’t end up shit creek if him and Lauren split).

I saw her house for sale too and found out they (or her who knows) bought it for 1,100 mill. So she’s selling it for less or what she paid it for... what a shamozzle for her but I’m really not surprised as I was wondering what she does for money and now knowing she potentially had a million dollar mortgage I have no clue how they are paying that. I wonder if she will address the move (I bet she will say quieter life style I’m such a hermit hehe I’m so quirky and quiet 🙄). But where she lives is surburban, not known for a party lifestyle or anything so I probably won’t buy whatever she sells.

Even though she isn’t gossiped about a lot anymore I was very active in this thread back in the day and she will always annoy me to to no end. No idea why, I think it’s the laziness of appearing to be sitting in a mansion while doing jack shit but honestly I’m glad this is happening. I don’t want to be mean but she should have had a fallback plan and been smarter with her choice of career. I just wouldn’t buy any other story than one that they are selling due to money issues.

Anyway that’s probably all I have to say in my one chance I might have being able to log into this site haha.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

I will never get over how much better she looks without her long scraggly mop with that dopey middle part. Middle part still being rocked but atleast it’s chopped (again).

LordTrolldemort
Learner
Learner

Post by LordTrolldemort »

lurking10 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:33 pm
I will never get over how much better she looks without her long scraggly mop with that dopey middle part. Middle part still being rocked but atleast it’s chopped (again).
The hair looks SO MUCH BETTER. It actually has a shape and style now. This is just my personal opinion but long hanging hair does no favours for thin hair.

But I'm cringing so hard at the 1000 hair related posts and comments or her fixing/touching her hair in insta lives we will now have to deal with.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

LordTrolldemort wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:34 pm
lurking10 wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:33 pm
The hair looks SO MUCH BETTER. It actually has a shape and style now. This is just my personal opinion but long hanging hair does no favours for thin hair.

But I'm cringing so hard at the 1000 hair related posts and comments or her fixing/touching her hair in insta lives we will now have to deal with.
Oh yeah at the end of that video where she was just stroking her hair *gag*

crossroads2727
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by crossroads2727 »

Her hair does look so much better! I have to admit, I'm surprised she actually cut it. She always seemed like one of those girls that were super attached to their long hair.

lurking10
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lurking10 »

crossroads2727 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:04 pm
Her hair does look so much better! I have to admit, I'm surprised she actually cut it. She always seemed like one of those girls that were super attached to their long hair.
Yes she took a few years to cut it last time! It’s probably been a few years since her last major cut anyway...

ALSO! LAURENS HOUSE IS UNDER OFFER!

andimdone
Learner
Learner

Post by andimdone »

It’s pribably not allowed but can anyone send me a link or give me a clue for house? Purely just most to see the listing!

Itsonlyme
Informer
Informer

Post by Itsonlyme »

Her house is as boring and bland as she is. No style at all.

Given when she bought the house, she’s probably losing money selling it now.

Did she say why she’s selling?

nookie23
Stalker
Stalker

Post by nookie23 »

Lauren just uploaded a podcast episode titled "why we're closing down Lauren Curtis Lounge"

andimdone
Learner
Learner

Post by andimdone »

So did anyone listen to the podcast episode and can elaborate on why? At a guess lauren wasnt prepared for the amount of work involved and thought she could trade off her “fame”, but that’s complete speculation obviously.

So her job is now a podcast and the occasional clothing haul and sponsored post on insta?

Also I was kind of surprised her jeans are size 6. She is obviously thin but that size doesn’t seem right?

snap2it
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by snap2it »

andimdone wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:25 pm
So did anyone listen to the podcast episode and can elaborate on why? At a guess lauren wasnt prepared for the amount of work involved and thought she could trade off her “fame”, but that’s complete speculation obviously.

So her job is now a podcast and the occasional clothing haul and sponsored post on insta?

Also I was kind of surprised her jeans are size 6. She is obviously thin but that size doesn’t seem right?

I tried listening to the podcast, but Lauren sure does ramble! From what I understood it was too much work and expensive to run. Reece worked on the back end of the website. However finding right pattern makers, material etc on your own is challenging. Lauren confessed that she asked the owner of Showpo who her manufacturer was, which of course she got no reply. Lauren did admit that she realises now, that question was rude and a lot of time and effort goes into finding the right one. Lauren also touched on the cost of warehousing and pick and packing.

So I think in the end it was all too much work for Lauren.

I find Kmart clothes run very small. I too was surprised by size 6 jeans, as Lauren was sharing Insta stories of her g-strings and they were size 12. In the end it doesn't matter. I just seem to remember Lauren was wearing a size small in something that fitted her fine and she kept saying how big it was.

I wonder where they'll move to? They don't need such a big house if it's just the two of them. Lauren can stand in against any white wall and film her cheap clothes haul.

dearactually
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dearactually »

andimdone wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:25 pm

I listened to it and it was interesting to listen to. She was pretty transparent and said while the business has been going well and self sustaining she had lost all passion for it and had tossed up on whether to keep it going or whether to let people invest or to shut it down. She was afraid to pull the pin in fear of looking like she had failed.

Elyezabeth
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Elyezabeth »

So she did a sustainable haul.....because people requested it. She doesn't even pretend that there's some personal reason she decided to shop sustainably. And she spent the better part of $1000, then returned some, so she still paid almost $700. For most people sustainable shopping REPLACES fast fashion, and she says she's going to right back to doing fast fashion hauls as though she's doing a favor to people who can't afford expensive sustainable clothing :roll:

She's also still refusing to use animal-based products, as though it's ethically superior to have a child slave make you ten too-small articles of clothing a month to stuff yourself into rather than shear a sheep to make one sweater that you can wear for years.

Return to “Lauren Curtis”