DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?

kittycatpancake
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: DOES THIS THING REALLY WORK?

Post by kittycatpancake »

I like these, I used to search reviews for these kind of products before considering purchasing them to see if they actually worked. I love the idea of this. And I love that she's honest.

But she needs to READ THE DIRECTIONS. She screws up videos regularly by not knowing what she's supposed to do with these things and people point it out in the comments. Wax Vac was one recently.

If she just read directions these videos would be perfect.

gossip_mg
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by gossip_mg »

I love this series because it saves ME spending money on all kinds of Garbage! :D

meowtimenow
Talker
Talker

Post by meowtimenow »

regarding her spending so much money on the stuff, it's probably a tax write-off for her. other youtubers have talked and joked about random things they use in their videos being write-offs, so it's probably not a huge expense for her.
plus, as mentioned before, the money she makes off the views.

lidokitty28
Talker
Talker

Post by lidokitty28 »

I really dislike picking on bunny but she just makes it so easy like in her snackies(?) cup video she says she afraid of Bacteria growing in the straw yet she would always use the green ones she designed. I don't get it why fake some thing like being afraid of bacteria

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by breakfast-princess »

I thought she stopped using the reuseable straw portion of her swamp tea cups after the first couple of times. Unless i"m watching the videos out of order.

I've gotten panic-icked from the straws on those reuseable starbucks cups. I don't have a dishwasher (are they even dishwasher safe?) so I don't think they get clean enough with regular handwashing. I'm always replacing mine.

my mom had an insulated cup she drank water out of every.day. and never washed it and holy fuck my life. the part where the lid snapped in was FUCKING BROWN.
Have you been sleeping, Dale? You got kind of that county fair smell.

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

I liked her newest video with the sealer thingy. I remember seeing those on tv in the late 90s. I'd love to see her do more videos testing old skool infomercial stuff...like the flobee.

rylee_p4l
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rylee_p4l »

It doesn't make Bunny look stupid. It makes infomercials look stupid. Obviously!! None of yall have a life. I Love BUNNY!!

rylee_p4l
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by rylee_p4l »

It doesn't make Bunny look stupid. It makes infomercials look stupid. Obviously!! None of yall have a life. I Love BUNNY!!

xoxo_anonymous
Learner
Learner

Post by xoxo_anonymous »

I also enjoy these series a lot. She seems very honest about the products and although I agree she should read instructions more thoroughly, she does give everything a fairly honest chance to atleast try and make it work (like the Cat's Meow toy thingy) instead of doing one half-assed attempt before bashing it.

Ouija
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Ouija »

I love this series, I don't really watch her other videos consistently but I always watch Does This Thing Really Work.

She's been getting better about reading instructions and watching videos from the company websites. I don't think she should watch youtube tutorials for the products because the point of the series is to take infomercial products and see if an average person can get good results with only the information the company gives (ie instructions or instructional websites/dvds).

I wish she'd do the proper prep and follow through with the hair products, but apart from that I have no complaints and still find the series super entertaining. It was a stroke of genius.

sexypotato
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sexypotato »

Sometimes it can be funny how she doesn't read the instructions, but sometimes the only reason it doesn't work is because of that. Maybe, if she is having trouble with the item, she should try to read the instructions a little bit.
i can't see my forehead

chairmanmeow
Informer
Informer

Post by chairmanmeow »

These are the only videos by her I watch anymore, but with that said I do tend to skip around the video because she still tries too hard in these videos. I don't understand why she feels the need to dumb herself down and come up with this personality and whole SWAMP FAMILY thing...it is just annoying.

paperman
Lurker
Lurker

Post by paperman »

The Does This Thing Really Work? videos were the first ones I started watching from her (and are still the only ones I watch actually) and although at first I thought her personality and "quirkiness" was totally off-putting, I kept watching because I felt the actual concept was genius.

However, now that I've been watching them more regularly, Bunny has grown on me. I'm still occasionally annoyed by some of her antics but I really do think it's all for show. Sometimes during the videos her regular personality comes out (or what I imagine is her real, regular self) and I am much more fond of those moments than the persona she has adopted.

meatlessbigmac
Informer
Informer

Post by meatlessbigmac »

paperman wrote:The Does This Thing Really Work? videos were the first ones I started watching from her (and are still the only ones I watch actually) and although at first I thought her personality and "quirkiness" was totally off-putting, I kept watching because I felt the actual concept was genius.

However, now that I've been watching them more regularly, Bunny has grown on me. I'm still occasionally annoyed by some of her antics but I really do think it's all for show. Sometimes during the videos her regular personality comes out (or what I imagine is her real, regular self) and I am much more fond of those moments than the persona she has adopted.
I just came here to say the exact same thing!

I actually couldn't stand her for a long time and had only watched like half of one of her videos until I started the "Does This Thing Really Work?" series. I am slightly enjoying her these days. But as a person, I find her disgusting. I wonder if she is appealing because she is different. I have a feeling that I will resume my hatred for her and begin hate-watching her videos sometime within the near future.

Branflakes
Debater
Debater

Post by Branflakes »

Ugh she keeps doing these little kid toys. It's kind of creepy watching someone who's almost 30 try stuff that's designed for little kids 10 and under... She must be running out of ideas or something. Anyone think this series of hers is going to fizzle out soon???

meatlessbigmac
Informer
Informer

Post by meatlessbigmac »

^ Probably. Though, I'm sure she'll be able to drag it out for awhile. Eventually she'll run out of "interesting" things to try out.

Right..? I mean, I'm already tired of the series. Surely many others are too.

breakfast-princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

I don't understand Whyyy she did the stretchkin. Even her demo has outgrown something like that.

newstitches
Talker
Talker

Post by newstitches »

I'm surprised she's actually kept up with this. I always thought it'd just be another series she stopped doing after three weeks

interrobang
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by interrobang »

tThe stretchkins thing was dumb. Of course its gonna work. it was so boring and stupid. Do more interesting DTTRW, you know things that seem like bullshit. Hhaah.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

are you kidding me? she spent money on a cardboard circle with a string on it? what was it called, invisible brain?
That Girl!

Return to “grav3yardgirl”