Gigi Gorgeous (gregorygorgeous)

VeronicaSawyer

Re: Gigi Gorgeous (gregorygorgeous)

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

PHAIL wrote:
lila19 wrote:Perhaps this should go in the rave section, but just to clarify, in the recent Q + A video she did say she has always known she was transgendered deep down, she just wasn't fully educated on her options and stuff like that. I also believe she said it was just easier for her to tell people she was gay, which is understandable.
Well, she was either lying before, or she's lying in this video, because she used to get pissed off and rage at people if they called her "she."
No, I know that, I remember when she made that video talking about her orientation, saying she identified as a gay male, and yes she did respond angrily to comments referring to her with the feminine pronoun, but I wouldn't really classify that as lying. It's hard to understand what was going on in her head or the mind of any transgendered person unless you've experienced it, which I haven't and I assume you haven't either. It can't be an easy thing to tell people, and I do think being gay is more accepted in modern society than being transgendered, although life can really difficult for any LGTBQA person. Her personal gender identity and whether or not she has always been honest about it isn't really for either of us to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nooname
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by nooname »

IAmNotAGuest wrote:
nooname wrote:Nope Gigi....
You transphobic piece of shit.
They say it takes one to know one, so....
Congrats though on your finesse and concept of freedom of speech. :)

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

lila19 wrote: No, I know that, I remember when she made that video talking about her orientation, saying she identified as a gay male, and yes she did respond angrily to comments referring to her with the feminine pronoun, but I wouldn't really classify that as lying. It's hard to understand what was going on in her head or the mind of any transgendered person unless you've experienced it, which I haven't and I assume you haven't either. It can't be an easy thing to tell people, and I do think being gay is more accepted in modern society than being transgendered, although life can really difficult for any LGTBQA person. Her personal gender identity and whether or not she has always been honest about it isn't really for either of us to decide.

What goes the "QA" stand for? I'm so used to it just being LGBT. This stuff gets more and more complicated each day lol.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

tamithomas wrote:
lila19 wrote: No, I know that, I remember when she made that video talking about her orientation, saying she identified as a gay male, and yes she did respond angrily to comments referring to her with the feminine pronoun, but I wouldn't really classify that as lying. It's hard to understand what was going on in her head or the mind of any transgendered person unless you've experienced it, which I haven't and I assume you haven't either. It can't be an easy thing to tell people, and I do think being gay is more accepted in modern society than being transgendered, although life can really difficult for any LGTBQA person. Her personal gender identity and whether or not she has always been honest about it isn't really for either of us to decide.

What goes the "QA" stand for? I'm so used to it just being LGBT. This stuff gets more and more complicated each day lol.
Q = Questioning or Queer
A = Allied or Asexual

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

lila19 wrote:
tamithomas wrote:

Q = Questioning or Queer
A = Allied or Asexual

Ah ok, makes sense. Thanks!

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

nooname wrote:
IAmNotAGuest wrote:
nooname wrote:Nope Gigi....
You transphobic piece of shit.
Freedom of speech: The ability to express your feels without being killed or muted by the government (with limitations, of course). =/= the ability to say whatever the fuck you want without other people calling you out on problematic, shitty, or outright WRONG ~opinions~.

I'll finesse any way I fucking feel, thank you.

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

lila19 wrote:
PHAIL wrote:
lila19 wrote:Perhaps this should go in the rave section, but just to clarify, in the recent Q + A video she did say she has always known she was transgendered deep down, she just wasn't fully educated on her options and stuff like that. I also believe she said it was just easier for her to tell people she was gay, which is understandable.
Well, she was either lying before, or she's lying in this video, because she used to get pissed off and rage at people if they called her "she."
No, I know that, I remember when she made that video talking about her orientation, saying she identified as a gay male, and yes she did respond angrily to comments referring to her with the feminine pronoun, but I wouldn't really classify that as lying. It's hard to understand what was going on in her head or the mind of any transgendered person unless you've experienced it, which I haven't and I assume you haven't either. It can't be an easy thing to tell people, and I do think being gay is more accepted in modern society than being transgendered, although life can really difficult for any LGTBQA person. Her personal gender identity and whether or not she has always been honest about it isn't really for either of us to decide.

YES. Exactly. She wasn't lying because she didn't identify with the "she" pronoun at that time.
Also, it can be very degrading to boil someone down to a pronoun, I can see why back then she would get mad at people for constantly asking about that. It shouldn't matter.

Queeva
Debater
Debater

Post by Queeva »

Meh at all the people who want disqualify her being transgendered because she came out as gay first.

Because you know, we are all mature and should be held to everything we say at age 18, when we are at our very very smartest. :?
Queen Keira = :love2: :

RoseHammer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by RoseHammer »

I don't really see it as odd that Gigi transitioned the way she did. Everyone's a little different, and you can't always conclude that being gay means one thing or another. Though I think it was also easier for her because she seems to live a very plush, albeit sheltered life with a loving family ( as far as we can tell ) so she probably wasn't afraid of expressing herself.

Plus she can afford all that expensive designer perfume, which Ill admit I'm jealous of. And although I like Gigi, boy or girl, straight, gay, trans, or whatever, her personality annoys the living shit out of me sometimes.

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

disestablishment wrote:
IAmNotAGuest wrote:
nooname wrote:
Freedom of speech: The ability to express your feels without being killed or muted by the government (with limitations, of course). =/= the ability to say whatever the fuck you want without other people calling you out on problematic, shitty, or outright WRONG ~opinions~.

I'll finesse any way I fucking feel, thank you.
You are my favorite.
This pleases me. :misch:

dulapeep
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by dulapeep »

I had a friend who came out as bisexual initially, and then gay later. He said he didn't want to fully accept the fact that he was gay just yet. I think something similar must have happened with Gigi. Sometimes it can be easier for people to take baby steps when it comes to labeling their sexuality

IAmNotAGuest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by IAmNotAGuest »

bubblegumbitch wrote:I had a friend who came out as bisexual initially, and then gay later. He said he didn't want to fully accept the fact that he was gay just yet. I think something similar must have happened with Gigi. Sometimes it can be easier for people to take baby steps when it comes to labeling their sexuality
Oh for sure! The majority of trans individuals I know (whom I met while they were still in the closet about it) came out as gay before taking the HUGE plunge that is living life as the other sex.

viceandvirtue
Lurker
Lurker

Post by viceandvirtue »

I am so happy that she's decided to not only do what is going to make her happy, but to be so honest about it as well. And I'm so glad that she's getting the support she deserves. <3 I can kind of see her going the way of a mentor after all this tbh...
In the latest Q&A video she just seems so much more mature than the other vids. and I can imagine that going through something this difficult and coming out with as much support as she has can only make a person more empathetic.
Maybe she's grown up a bit from this whole experience?

I really did not like Gigi pre-announcement when she was obnoxious, rude and I really honestly thought she was not a nice person and an even worse 'guru'. So it will be interesting to see where this is all headed.

(sorry if I'm not making any sense, it's so late and I'm so tired)

biatchyhoney
Informer
Informer

Post by biatchyhoney »

Wtf is up with her weird pronounciation in the latest video? Was it a parody of something??

tamithomas
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by tamithomas »

The Cheetah onesy made me want to vomit. Soooooo tacky. And yea, the attempt at humor in that video majorly flopped.

pseudo1
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pseudo1 »

That video was so fucking unfunny and that accent was ridiculous, I still cannot stand that horrible haircut just EW and most of those outfits were either whore like or what a 50 years old woman that did too uch botox would wear.

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

Yeah...I was wondering about that last video too. I'm glad you guys didn't think it was funny either because I just figured there was something I was missing lol.

herpderp
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by herpderp »

It baffles me how tacky and tasteless she is. :? That Beverly Hills soccer-mom hairstyle has got to GO.

VeronicaSawyer

Post by VeronicaSawyer »

herpderp wrote:It baffles me how tacky and tasteless she is. :? That Beverly Hills soccer-mom hairstyle has got to GO.
For sure. She has no issue with lip injections and acrylic nails yet she can't get some extensions to fix that kate gosselin bob...

bellavia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by bellavia »

disestablishment wrote:I didn't understand that video at all. Is she making fun of someone in particular with that voice? And fur is gross.
I came here to ask the same thing! I didn't get the "joke" , I guess. Is it an inside joke? I tried scrolling through the comments but I didn't see anything explaining it. :?

Return to “Gigi Gorgeous”