"Why I Left" Video

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 7

Post by allsaints »

amuto_lover wrote:All that meditation and you still can't control your aggressiveness.
i

I didn't find that aggressive.
I do wonder if its an ad because she is really not doing good enough marketing to say the brand has been relaunched for a couple months now . It woulda made more sense to release the video when the brand first launched. I also don't see many influencers doing reviews... Unless Asia is new main target audience

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

amuto_lover wrote:All that meditation and you still can't control your aggressiveness.
This is funny. Does she really think that the criticisms were from people who had no context of her? Girl still making herself look like a fool.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

General Discussion - Part 7

Post by amuto_lover »

^^ right, She can preach continuously about meditation and being a student if life, but she hasn't changed at all. She continues to embarrass herself 10 years later. Is she doomed to have the mentality of a 12 year old for the rest of her life?

fauxfox
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by fauxfox »

I got a kick out of the implication that she would have become a DOCTOR if she hadn't "followed her dream" to go to art school. Come on. Michelle was in the right place at the right time and was likable and universally-appealing enough to make it big on Youtube, but she's not particularly smart. That was obvious in her early videos and it's still obvious now.

Silkyhoney
Debater
Debater

Post by Silkyhoney »

She unprivated almost every video of hers! :O

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

She only talked about being a 'student' and showed the picture of the book on plants so that when she launches her vegan beauty line she can look like she's super knowledgable on nature and plants, lol. That's why there was a whole part of the storyline dedicated to finding herself in nature. So that she can market her 'natural' products as something that is needed to find TRUE happiness and "feel beautiful".

Vill W
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Vill W »

Am I the only one who's sick of her whole, 'I gave up being a doctor to chase my dreams!' I mean, that's complete bullshit. Just by listening to the way she forms her sentences and her beliefs and you can tell she isn't smart. I don't believe she would've been accepted into any medical school.

AND, the whole thing about not thinking about money as a kid. There is NO WAY a poor kid wouldn't think about money. Dude, when I was a kid I would freak out when we needed money for school trips (even if it was $2 or something). I wouldn't buy stuff even when I needed it and would be scared to ask my mum for money. If you're poor YOU WILL think about money. The thought is just there, lying behind every decision.

I only just found out that she didn't do the art in the video. Here I was thinking her proportions had improved. I do think that is her style though. Still laughing at the 'do you draw for wikihow comment.'

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Vill W wrote:Am I the only one who's sick of her whole, 'I gave up being a doctor to chase my dreams!' I mean, that's complete bullshit. Just by listening to the way she forms her sentences and her beliefs and you can tell she isn't smart. I don't believe she would've been accepted into any medical school.

AND, the whole thing about not thinking about money as a kid. There is NO WAY a poor kid wouldn't think about money. Dude, when I was a kid I would freak out when we needed money for school trips (even if it was $2 or something). I wouldn't buy stuff even when I needed it and would be scared to ask my mum for money. If you're poor YOU WILL think about money. The thought is just there, lying behind every decision.

I only just found out that she didn't do the art in the video. Here I was thinking her proportions had improved. I do think that is her style though. Still laughing at the 'do you draw for wikihow comment.'
The foundation of her success is built upon the illusion that she rose from nothing; essentially, she is making her life out to be the American Dream. It has all the right elements, if you think about it. Immigrant parents, the mother's struggle to raise them, the deadbeat father, rising up against the odds, blah blah blah...

What she fails to mention is the many people whom she used as stepping stones along the way, the people whose fanbase she clouted off, the uncredited editors/artists/writers behind the scenes. She has the nerve to complain that people are suing her because they wanted a piece when it was HER who used licensed material without obtaining the proper permission. Remember how she handled the music lawsuit? She 'founded' a music label out of spite; it was a childish knee jerk reaction that she was able to pull off because she had the resources and connections.

If it were any one of us who got sued for misusing licensed music, do you think we'd have been able to start a music label out of spite? Hell no! We'd have to pay reparations and settle out of court, and we'd be declaring bankruptcy! She has NO IDEA how fortunate she is. And that is what pisses me off. It's not the fact that she's rich that makes me resentful of her; it's the fact that she refuses to see that she has been afforded many privileges due to her massive following which we were once part of.

As for her claims of depression, I sympathize. But she doesn't get to use that as an excuse any longer for her bad behaviour. She literally can afford to seek treatment. She has enough resources to seek professional help at her leisure. She can have a therapist flown in any damn time. Most of us would KILL to be able to afford psychiatric help with such ease. Do not tell us that she is a victim in all this. It's bullshit.

artheusa
Debater
Debater

Post by artheusa »

Oh this is just a word salad (I mean her comment, not your post). How does her comic being free serve as proof to this video not being an ad? It's not like she's a world renown, highly talented artist who makes their art publicly available to aid a cause. She sounds so arrogant.

snuffy777
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by snuffy777 »

Curious cat
Debater
Debater

Post by Curious cat »

^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?

Lamour88
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Lamour88 »

Curious cat wrote:^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?
Excuse me, I think she would know... she's a student of life who ordered books off Amazon and read them in the forests of Switzerland!!!!!!

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

:rofl: :rofl:

hopelesscoffeeaddict
Informer
Informer

Post by hopelesscoffeeaddict »

Lamour88 wrote:
Curious cat wrote:^ Wait, what? The heart has the same neurons as the brain? Wtf?
Excuse me, I think she would know... she's a student of life who ordered books off Amazon and read them in the forests of Switzerland!!!!!!
Yes, 100$ worth of Amazon books to learn that money can't buy happiness!

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

I....I....I just CAN'T with the new video. I JUST CAN'T.

Stop reading books in Switzerland and get your Asian ass to a THERAPIST, GURL.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

sharktea
Talker
Talker

Post by sharktea »

what is she even on about????? there are nerves and neurons literally everywhere on your body surface. I have nerves in my spine, does that mean I can follow my spine instead of my brain when making life decisions?

I can't :roll:

Faffy
Debater
Debater

Post by Faffy »

how are her answers and responses STILL SO CONTRIVED??? She pointed it out in her own video that everything she said and posted was contrived yet she's only continuing this? -.-

Also the "look more beautiful" to "feel more beautiful" line made me gag lmao

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

How interesting. I know that she got into deep shit with IQQU. To those that don't know. Her first; I'm a money grabbing, royal Cu*t business was IQQU. She told her customers that her products were FDA approved when in reality they weren't. Also I believe her products gave people some sort of chemical burn. However she sold the line when she could no longer take the heat.
Other than that I can't think of anything else she's done that would ignite a lawsuit. Maybe she broke a clause in her contract?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Re: "Why I Left" Video

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

Lets just say the lawsuits were long coming for her, she can deny it as much as she wants.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

Awww I couldnt get your attachment...ps my exact thinking on all of it! Royal facepalming all the way to whatever the courts are going to reveal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

Return to “Michelle Phan”