Michelle Phan Videos

Sir Crocodile
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: [VIDEO] Pillow Talk 8 - Cyber-Bullying and Acne Shaming

Post by Sir Crocodile »

Neither of them gave a single substantial answer to any of the questions. Most of the time, they were just skirting around them without even giving a proper answer. If their responses were condensed, all they would be is 'uhh'.

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Re: [VIDEO] Pillow Talk 9 - Acne Advice from a Dermatologist

Post by bunnybutt420 »

^ I agree, imagine if he saw the video where she was telling people to put lemon juice directly onto their skin :?

Michelle said to us lemons for exfoliation and to lighten dark marks, but they are bad news because they are highly acidic, with a pH of 2. They will mess with the natural pH of the acid mantle and can irritate the skin. Also, because the citric acid content in lemons varies from fruit to fruit, you don’t really know how strong of a treatment you’re putting on your face; not to mention that citrus oils are potentially phototoxic, meaning that when you make contact with daylight with lemon on your face, the irritation will only increase, possibly to the point of chemical burns.

Chemical fucking burns!!

leeloo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by leeloo »

Did anyone else cringe when she kept giggling, saying she was so worried she'd say the wrong thing in front of an expert? I had this feeling that she was blushing because he's attractive and kind of a Dom type. But also, maybe this should teach her to not just advocate some random shit without doing proper research on reliable sources first. I was so glad when he said that the micro-needling thing works SOMETIMES, and specified not to use it when you have acne. Michelle, you've been pushing that stuff for ages, why didn't you mention any of this?? It's just so easy for her to talk down to her viewers, and make them think that she is the #1 expert on everything, when you don't have a legit professional sitting next to you. I also low key felt sorry for this guy to sit cross-legged in such a childish setting.

lolliesbunny
Learner
Learner

Post by lolliesbunny »

the derm? ok.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: [VIDEO] Mastering the Art of Beauty Oils

Post by Trololol »

She finally got someone to write a script for her video. It sounds better. Misinformation much, but, she doesn't sound like a dipshit.

leeloo
Lurker
Lurker

Post by leeloo »

lolliesbunny wrote:the derm? ok.
ye.

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

[VIDEO] ☂ Trend Report: Glitter Freckles, Grills + more

Post by Miss Polly »

[video][/video]

Nothing this are trending
Some of the things are just ugly af
That countoured neck and chest, no, hell no! No blending skills at all
The style of the girls are not realist or really pretty.
And them the "grills" anfd "freckles"... why?
my english doesn't exist.

EurekaMreum
Talker
Talker

Re: [VIDEO] ☂ Trend Report: Glitter Freckles, Grills + more

Post by EurekaMreum »

Let's see how many views can get this boring crap.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

No contouring skills with that neck contouring. The glitter freckles look TERRIBLE. AND OF COURSE she would plug her Ipsy shit.

Badass and majestic; really? Do you know of no other words?

That app doesn't help you boost creativity, Michelle. If you're using it, clearly it's not working. Your meditation bullshit isn't about meditation, but about coddling yourself into constantly being in a state of denial. You're fooling yourself into thinking that you're great when really, you are the least creative person on youtube. You are a turtle on a post. You did not get there by yourself. You are elevated beyond your ability to function. Now that you're where you are, you don't know what to do or where to go.

Miss Polly
Debater
Debater

Post by Miss Polly »

who in the sane mind can be seen with those looks, they are so ugly and not make sense for no age at all... and them grills, really, what universe she think she lives???
my english doesn't exist.

officialvnguyen
Stalker
Stalker

Post by officialvnguyen »

I haven't seen the video yet but I didn't know if I want to cause this type of videos doesn't seem interesting. I miss when she does makeup tutorials or something similar to her old videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: [VIDEO] Career Talk: Internship Success feat. Intern Que

Post by amuto_lover »

She looked really ill in that video. This video was really lazy, making money off of someone else's advice? This should have been on the other womans channel not Michelle's.

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

I thought it was good advice. Very common sense, but stuff that's always good to hear and that I wish I took more seriously during my internships. (Wasn't a slacker or anything but sometimes I wish I REALLY WENT FOR IT, you know? Above and beyond.)

However, I don't think this video is going to be that interesting for people who aren't looking at internships yet and...more specifically...not interesting at all for her current audience. Here are the current top comments I see:

So this is a video with useful, solid advice because Michelle doesn't talk much (some actual good decision making there). I don't think she realizes she drove away the target audience this was intended for a long time ago. I'm curious to see how these career advice videos go.

Post by Guest »

I agree, she aims at the correct demographics but doesn't seem to understand the actual wants of her target audience.

[VIDEO] Michelle Phan in Vietnam: Vietnam Vibes

Post by Guest »

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Re: [VIDEO] Michelle Phan in Vietnam: Vietnam Vibes

Post by lurker123 »

More and more, I find that I may 1) agree with everything Michelle says and 2) find her videos well-edited and well-shot, but I just know she isn't the kind of person she's pushing. I wonder if I never read about Michelle's shenanigans and I came across the videos for the first time, what would I think? Yeah there were lots of unnecessary beauty shots haha...but social media is saturated with those anyway.

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Re: [VIDEO] Michelle Phan in Vietnam: Vietnam Vibes

Post by bunnybutt420 »

Michelle the post-colonialist capitalist :rofl:

It's interesting, because she is the same ethnicity as these people but she's a rich American, a Westerner of privilege and acts in many ways like the 'oppressors' of post colonialism. For example, many people in Vietnam are victims of slave labour in sweatshops, oppressive/corrupt governments, immense poverty and other injustices. But by a Western person like Michelle painting the local people as the 'ignorant happy natives', we subconsciously presume these people must be happy with their lives and therefore we don't even bother to learn about their struggles. It's like 'awwww look at them being happy having nothing, it REALLY makes me feel so lucky for owning 5 cars'.

The lady playing the guitar part would be laughable to any of you who have studied post-colonialism. If you haven't, there is a stock character (stock characters are repeated stereotypes in media like dumb blondes, drunk irish, clever asian) called the noble savage, a character who has not been "corrupted" by civilization, thus symbolizing humanity's innate goodness. In this day and age, you'll see people like Michelle using these people and their 'innocence' as a marketing tool. A concept to be sold. A person's life and struggles reduced to a message that WE the 'civilized' can learn from.

Sorry if this was a long rant, but if you scratch the surface of Michelle's agenda.. you'll see that she is a vapid, empty person that has NO problem manipulating cultures for $$$$$..

[VIDEO] Michelle Phan's Vietnamese Fruit Challenge

Post by Guest »

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: [VIDEO] Michelle Phan's Vietnamese Fruit Challenge

Post by Trololol »

Why is she uploading old videos?

Return to “Michelle Phan”