General Discussion - Part 7

luvey
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 7

Post by luvey »

hopefully she was smart enough to have a financial adviser to make good investments for her, since she couldn't make a good investment in her self. one thing that bothers me about most of these social media gurus is the laziness and lack of wanting to better themselves in the field they are in. she had every opportunity if make up was a passion of hers, to go to school and be an actual MUA to give her street cred. she had opportunity to work with or to seek out some of the best in their fields.

hopefully whatever she is doing, she can keep up the taxes on her mom's new house.

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Ursula Le Guin passed away. Remember when Michelle stole her quote and pretended not to know who it was from?

There is no excuse fot not knowing. If you can get an internet connection, you can damn well google.

Post by Guest »

Trololol wrote:Ursula Le Guin passed away. Remember when Michelle stole her quote and pretended not to know who it was from?

There is no excuse fot not knowing. If you can get an internet connection, you can damn well google.

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll »

To everyone curious what she does to make ends meet these days: I'm fairly certain that (even after all of her business blunders) she could put her leftover youtube money into a high interest savings account and support her mother and herself off of the interest. If she truly wanted to "disappear" that's what I would do. But who knows what's actually happening.
I am most likely not going to be returning to the forum in the future! But I would like to thank all of you for the advise, humor, and support I have received during my years of participation here. This place doesn't deserve the hate it gets! :tu:

Blazikenblade01
Debater
Debater

Post by Blazikenblade01 »

Honestly speaking who knows what 'crypto' means but it as always will not work. I admire Jeffree star more than I would MP. MP look up what jeffree is doing and do your exact own thing. You know its been your downfall but it's only you and you know it. Better yourself and seriously make knowledge your true weapon in surviving. If you cannot at least credit all those that helped you instead of having those in the background unacknowledged. We all knew that and due to your online persona which is a facade. Everyone came looking for the truth. I hope one day, you can thank everyone here for their honest input negative and positive. If you cannot do that then what do you expect for your future? If you're planning to sit on a throne and then wish people to glorify you due to the other people that sacrificed for your 'name brand' then you will be sorely mistaken. That's all ive got to say, lets see what your next plan is shall we. :respekt:
There are many reasons for why Arissa is famous, but "looking like Michelle Phan" isn't one of them~Chiyou

stubbssie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by stubbssie »

Blazikenblade01 wrote:Honestly speaking who knows what 'crypto' means but it as always will not work. I admire Jeffree star more than I would MP. MP look up what jeffree is doing and do your exact own thing. You know its been your downfall but it's only you and you know it. Better yourself and seriously make knowledge your true weapon in surviving. If you cannot at least credit all those that helped you instead of having those in the background unacknowledged. We all knew that and due to your online persona which is a facade. Everyone came looking for the truth. I hope one day, you can thank everyone here for their honest input negative and positive. If you cannot do that then what do you expect for your future? If you're planning to sit on a throne and then wish people to glorify you due to the other people that sacrificed for your 'name brand' then you will be sorely mistaken. That's all ive got to say, lets see what your next plan is shall we. :respekt:
Not sure if you're actually asking what crypto means - it refers to crypto currencies. A lot of people have made major money in the last few years speculating on these currencies, some people believe crypto will replace conventional banking, some people believe it's a bubble. We're talking about bitcoin, ethereum, litecoin, dogecoin, ripple, etc.

dontstart
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dontstart »

Aww I miss Michelle. I know this a trash thread though, so can anyone fill me in on why she is abhorred?

Post by Guest »

dontstart wrote:Aww I miss Michelle. I know this a trash thread though, so can anyone fill me in on why she is abhorred?
Do your own research before asking naïve questions.

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

dontstart wrote:Aww I miss Michelle. I know this a trash thread though, so can anyone fill me in on why she is abhorred?
Watch her story video on her account. I think it's her last video from a year ago

In short: depression and backlash of fame

allsaints
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by allsaints »

CinnamonBun wrote:
Do your own research before asking naïve questions.
No need to be mean to the chick, not like Michelle is that popular or known anymore

Trololol
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Trololol »

Mishbunny tumblr will fill you in.

TL,DR: multiple cases of plagiarism, constantly playing the victim while getting her fans to send people death threats, delusional thinking, and refusing to step her makeup game up while claiming to be the (and I quote) Mother Goose of Youtube.

FireballHikari
Debater
Debater

Post by FireballHikari »

Trololol wrote:while claiming to be the (and I quote) Mother Goose of Youtube.
She said that? Oh my..! :rofl:

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Trololol wrote:
Is Helios Femina even relevant anymore?
I know this post is kind of old but whatever. It was never relevant but I did see that she’s coming out with a part 2..... I’m honestly shocked that anyone would want to continue that garbage.

All Tea All Shade
Talker
Talker

Post by All Tea All Shade »

PocusHocus wrote:
Trololol wrote:
I know this post is kind of old but whatever. It was never relevant but I did see that she’s coming out with a part 2..... I’m honestly shocked that anyone would want to continue that garbage.
Honestly I'm almost happy it's getting a part 2, those artists deserve work and money haha. Kind of upsetting that Michelle actually gets paid for it too despite not deserving it but hey, maybe she won't bother imposing any of her creative control over it and it'll actually be decent? The artists behind it are pretty good so maybe she'll hire a good writer too? Of course, in the upsetting chance that she barely pays the artists maybe it would be better if it ended and those artists move onto better work if they can get it

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

All Tea All Shade wrote:
PocusHocus wrote:
Trololol wrote:
Honestly I'm almost happy it's getting a part 2, those artists deserve work and money haha. Kind of upsetting that Michelle actually gets paid for it too despite not deserving it but hey, maybe she won't bother imposing any of her creative control over it and it'll actually be decent? The artists behind it are pretty good so maybe she'll hire a good writer too? Of course, in the upsetting chance that she barely pays the artists maybe it would be better if it ended and those artists move onto better work if they can get it
unfortunately in this world, you’re only as good as your worst piece, so this might be doing more harm than good for them.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Anyone know what's up with iQQU? The site is still up http://iqqubeauty.com/home/ but the copyright is 2011, and I can't tell if you can actually still buy from them. All their social media accounts have mysteriously gone quiet. The site looks like a mess of some Chinese company selling crap, and they only sell brushes not skincare right now.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

123xyz wrote:Anyone know what's up with iQQU? The site is still up http://iqqubeauty.com/home/ but the copyright is 2011, and I can't tell if you can actually still buy from them. All their social media accounts have mysteriously gone quiet. The site looks like a mess of some Chinese company selling crap, and they only sell brushes not skincare right now.
i remember that Michelle sold the company a long time ago, so I don’t think she has anything to do with it now. I guess it never took off and it just sitting there now? Not sure...

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I remember that she sold it after the whole "FDA not approved" catastrophy, but does anyone know who bought it and if it actually is active? I don't plan on buying, but I can't tell if the site is still shoppable or if it was abandoned.

I remember how the old iQQU site looked; it was rather professional looking and easy to navigate. Now it looks like some cheap Chinese site made my kids who don't know how to use a computer.

Speaking of her products, has anyone tried EM's liquid lips or eyeliners? The EM website also looks rather sad as well.

Dismal_bismuth
Learner
Learner

Post by Dismal_bismuth »

^In regards to iQQU's site, I think it's pretty safe to say that's it's been abandoned, but if it's still active and you could make purchases, I wouldn't trust it. It doesn't even have an SSL certificate so inputting any kind of sensitive info is a no go.

BTW what's up with her calling herself "Magical girl" on instagram and twitter? Like when did that become a thing?

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

I think Michelle has been promoting that whole "magical" thing for years. I remember her calling herself a unicorn and promoting all these weird products that take you out of your mind, like some triangle you sit in or something. I can't remember the exact product name, but she had some weird obsession with cultures that believed in some higher magical power that wasn't God or anything religious.

Return to “Michelle Phan”