General Discussion - Part 7

woonsim
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: General Discussion - Part 7

Post by woonsim »

What do you guys think of her Magic Hour Radio? Also, there's a Chinese eceleb Li Ziqing that reminds me very much of her in terms of striving to seem as ethereal as the audience as possible and vague past

Aug1988
Informer
Informer

Post by Aug1988 »

woonsim wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 am
What do you guys think of her Magic Hour Radio? Also, there's a Chinese eceleb Li Ziqing that reminds me very much of her in terms of striving to seem as ethereal as the audience as possible and vague past
Don’t mean to be trail off topic but I watch li ziqing and I don’t see similarities. But maybe that’s just me. I wish I knew more of li’s Story.

Post by Guest »

DaylightAmy wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:16 pm
Oh my god, I'm so sick of every time Michelle shows up on YouTube somewhere 14 year olds going "MICHELLE OG COME BACK ALL TODAY'S BEAUTY GURUS ARE MAKING A MESS YOU WERE SO UNPROBLEMATIC".

Did we develop collective amnesia? I feel like if anything she was a huge reason the gossip community started at all.
Lol IQQU!! Remember IQQU? And her lying about her facial enhancements? Her lies about her bunny? Her many different stories of her broken childhood?? Hell yes, that all happened!

Bubbi released a new video today and someone commented that years ago, someone impersonating the profiles of YT gurus was such a scandal and Bubz was like “yeah!! That was peanuts compared to what goes on today!” Imagine Michelle pulling all that shit in 2019 - there’s no way.

lawyerbarbie
Talker
Talker

Post by lawyerbarbie »

man she acts so pretentious, I could only sit through half of Ryan Higa's podcast.

here for those who want to watch:

Damn, I never really cared about her, negatively or positively, but watching this just gives off the impression that she thinks she knows everything, as if she's the only one who's figured out how to be successful.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

lawyerbarbie wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:22 pm
man she acts so pretentious, I could only sit through half of Ryan Higa's podcast.

Damn, I never really cared about her, negatively or positively, but watching this just gives off the impression that she thinks she knows everything, as if she's the only one who's figured out how to be successful.
Yeah I've always irked me how she said she always knew such and such was going to be a big thing. Even her back story she's added the new detail of having this gut instinct that told her to go to Ringling art school instead of medical school. I told my mom I'd retire her by the time I was 26. Girl is a compulsive liar

Post by Guest »

Never forget:

MrsRiddle
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MrsRiddle »

I've nearly forgotten all about her until youtube recommended to me that podcast.
I haven't signed on to GG for years, but the circle jerking comments on that video compelled me to comment here.

The comments pertaining to Michelle's "intelligence" got too much into my nerves.

You can't ever convince me that someone who wrote such a garbage truck fire of a "story" like Helios Femina is in any way intelligent. One doesn't even have to be a writer or a prolific reader to cringe to death while attempting to read such laughable trash.

Her mannerism, posture, and way of speaking is so forced in that podcast, I couldn't make it through five minutes without pausing for a cringe break. She wants to appear as this "ethereal big sister" figure so bad. But knowing her past and character, in reality she's always been the type of person who's acted out of her insecurities. It's a farce.

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

That pod cast is hilarious. Michelle is trying to come off as a stoic business women while awkwardly dropping bits of forced humor. Michelle at her base is awkward and inexperienced. I feel the inexperienced aspect I'm picking up on is because she never finished her education and comes across in her language skills and mannerisms (at the post above me mentions) almost like a high schooler.

Michelle had her head immersed into being a ''beauty guru'' for years - as we know, an online profession that is borderline brain shrinking. I have seen the beauty guru's literally get ''dumber'' the more they spend getting deeper into vanity and away from family, friends and education. I feel a lot of the now ''women'' who spent a lot of their lives being ''beauty guru's'' for years are all emotionally stunted and can't relate to adults their chronological age.

Michelle is not a smart woman. She had the men in suits and and big companies building her brand for her. All her marketing and even her dialogue was planned and written for her to say back in her days of youtube ''glory'' (remember how she sounded like she was reading from a script?). She never had an original idea.

lurker123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by lurker123 »

Reddit link

white trash sparkles
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by white trash sparkles »

lurker123 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:17 pm
Reddit link

You can't stop the clock but you can filter away the ''reality''.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

amuto_lover wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:05 pm
lawyerbarbie wrote:

Yeah I've always irked me how she said she always knew such and such was going to be a big thing. Even her back story she's added the new detail of having this gut instinct that told her to go to Ringling art school instead of medical school. I told my mom I'd retire her by the time I was 26. Girl is a compulsive liar
Oh God I hate this regurgitated med school dermatology story. First of all, her mother never tried to force or pressure her into medical school. It's like she fails to realize that you require an undergrad in order to even apply to med school. She didn't choose Ringling over med school, she chose an art major without the pre med track. That is a HUGE difference compared to "I declined to enroll at med school (like she was even offered admission ha!) in order to enroll in illustration." Also, she doesn't seem to realize that dermatology is actually one of the most competitive specialties to pursue that really takes the top .01%. It's crazy lucrative, has good hours, and therefore all the students want to study it. Plus 99.9% of your work isn't related to acne to creating anti aging stuff, it's all about diagnosing and treating horrific, infections, or deadly skin issues. She's too lazy to even educate herself on the basics of the details on her stories.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

white trash sparkles wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:29 am
That pod cast is hilarious. Michelle is trying to come off as a stoic business women while awkwardly dropping bits of forced humor. Michelle at her base is awkward and inexperienced. I feel the inexperienced aspect I'm picking up on is because she never finished her education and comes across in her language skills and mannerisms (at the post above me mentions) almost like a high schooler.

Michelle had her head immersed into being a ''beauty guru'' for years - as we know, an online profession that is borderline brain shrinking. I have seen the beauty guru's literally get ''dumber'' the more they spend getting deeper into vanity and away from family, friends and education. I feel a lot of the now ''women'' who spent a lot of their lives being ''beauty guru's'' for years are all emotionally stunted and can't relate to adults their chronological age.

Michelle is not a smart woman. She had the men in suits and and big companies building her brand for her. All her marketing and even her dialogue was planned and written for her to say back in her days of youtube ''glory'' (remember how she sounded like she was reading from a script?). She never had an original idea.
Michelle tries to come across as very educated, poised, professional, and business focused. It's all contrasts so badly with who she truly is, and her complete lack fo education makes it hard for me to take her seriously when she acts this way. Also, she always acts like some damaged little girl who acts reserved because she's in pain. Idk why she's fixated on this persona. Even when she did vids with promise, her own family, she still kept up this damaged girl vibe.

Do you guys think she was upset about Ryan and Arden? It was pretty obvious she had a thing for him, and she seemed to at least want a closer friendship with him. I'm not into youtube dudes, but at least Ryan has a personality unlike Dom the stay at home weeb.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

123xyz wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:05 pm
amuto_lover wrote:
lawyerbarbie wrote:

Oh God I hate this regurgitated med school dermatology story. First of all, her mother never tried to force or pressure her into medical school. It's like she fails to realize that you require an undergrad in order to even apply to med school. She didn't choose Ringling over med school, she chose an art major without the pre med track. That is a HUGE difference compared to "I declined to enroll at med school (like she was even offered admission ha!) in order to enroll in illustration." Also, she doesn't seem to realize that dermatology is actually one of the most competitive specialties to pursue that really takes the top .01%. It's crazy lucrative, has good hours, and therefore all the students want to study it. Plus 99.9% of your work isn't related to acne to creating anti aging stuff, it's all about diagnosing and treating horrific, infections, or deadly skin issues. She's too lazy to even educate herself on the basics of the details on her stories.
That’s another inconsistency I never understood. Why was her mum pushing for her to be a doctor and not her brother? It’s all bullshit, i’m 99% that mama phan is quite old fashioned and would expect Steve to pursue a great career and Michelle to just marry herself off.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

amuto_lover wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:20 pm
123xyz wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:05 pm
amuto_lover wrote:
lawyerbarbie wrote:

That’s another inconsistency I never understood. Why was her mum pushing for her to be a doctor and not her brother? It’s all bullshit, i’m 99% that mama phan is quite old fashioned and would expect Steve to pursue a great career and Michelle to just marry herself off.
This might be a reach, but since Steve is an engineer, maybe it was something he knew he wanted to pursue since he was a child, so mama phan pushed the doctor job on Michelle so that she could have the dynamic asian duo of a doctor and engineer as her children.

Speaking of Steve, has anyone ever found a digital trace of his education or career? It's been said multiple times that he has an engineer, meaning he would have to go to college, bit I've never seen a source indicating where he or when he went to college and where he works now. Plus Michelle claimed she was the first in her fam to go to college, which doesn't add up since Steve is older, and then she later switched it to Christine being the first in their family to graduate.

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

Michelle just dropped a preview of her new serum liquid/cream blushes. Ngl, I love the packaging. I think it's something new and different, and finally gives EM it's own unique distinct look, compared to the dollar store crap they used to pump out.

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

123xyz wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:10 pm
Michelle just dropped a preview of her new serum liquid/cream blushes. Ngl, I love the packaging. I think it's something new and different, and finally gives EM it's own unique distinct look, compared to the dollar store crap they used to pump out.
I agree, not so keen on the colours though. Michelle looks a bit clownish, that's saying something when you chose the goddamn colours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

haze
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by haze »

Couldn't stop staring at her boobs in her latest video for the blushes.

wildturtle
Informer
Informer

Post by wildturtle »

amuto_lover wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:42 am
Idfwu20 wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:13 am
I think she's dating ninjoi now?
It's pretty sus. At first I thought he was more into Christine. I think Mish is into him though. Just how she forces her voice to sound soothing, she puts on this fake cutesy laugh when he’s around like she used to do with Dom. Ninjoi wasn’t even doing anything just smiling for her insta stories. And she was laughing her head off. Like really? ...👀👀

I would be happy for her though. Ninjoi is definitely a 10 imo.
Wait so are Michelle and Dom broken up? Haven’t heard about them for years.

I just searched up this Ninjoi guy and he’s hot asf would be an upgrade from Dom IMO but that’s just personal preference

amuto_lover
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by amuto_lover »

wildturtle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 pm
amuto_lover wrote:
Idfwu20 wrote:
It's pretty sus. At first I thought he was more into Christine. I think Mish is into him though. Just how she forces her voice to sound soothing, she puts on this fake cutesy laugh when he’s around like she used to do with Dom. Ninjoi wasn’t even doing anything just smiling for her insta stories. And she was laughing her head off. Like really? ...👀👀

I just searched up this Ninjoi guy and he’s hot asf would be an upgrade from Dom IMO but that’s just personal preference
Ikr his eyes and his tanned skin is hot as hell. I think she still is with Dom. She used to hang out with Ninjoi A LOT. But then she suddenly stopped and barely sees him now I wonder if it's because Dom doesn't like their friendship so he asked them to stop?

123xyz
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by 123xyz »

amuto_lover wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:53 am
wildturtle wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:23 pm
amuto_lover wrote:
Idfwu20 wrote:

Ikr his eyes and his tanned skin is hot as hell. I think she still is with Dom. She used to hang out with Ninjoi A LOT. But then she suddenly stopped and barely sees him now I wonder if it's because Dom doesn't like their friendship so he asked them to stop?
Ninjoi looks a lot like Dom imo. Michelle certainly has a type lol.

It's so hard to tell what is up with her and Dom since she's very hush about her relationship status, and Dom literally has no digital footprint. Even the modeling agency he is supposedly signed to doesn't have him as listed talent on their websites. I don't think Dom is working as a model anymore, or working at all. . .

Return to “Michelle Phan”